Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use Firefox plus an add on app to eliminate pop ups. Since installing the app my penis length has increased by 3", the beer is always 34 degrees, and my dog no longer has worms.

ETA: that is the app name, AdBlock.
View Quote

So, you used your time saved waiting for ads to load to figure out a way to use a cold beer and a bigger dick to deworm your dog?

Interdasting...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
My least favorite are auto playing videos.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:17:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#5]
They have so many, because so many people use adblock, that they need to take advantage those who dont.

Going by my youtube videos, over 60% of people use adblock.

Adblock User = FSA of the Internet
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Google Chrome plus Ad Block and you don't even get the site sponsors here!!!  I have to turn it off or open IE to visit them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:23:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Google Chrome plus Ad Block and you don't even get the site sponsors here!!!  I have to turn it off or open IE to visit them.
View Quote

You can make exceptions in AdBlock, for sites you don't want ads blocked on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:24:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They have so many, because so many people use adblock, that they need to take advantage those who dont.

View Quote

Or maybe AdBlock and similar programs came about because there were so many ads.  It's a chicken/egg scenario.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Or maybe AdBlock and similar programs came about because there were so many ads.  It's a chicken/egg scenario.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You viewing/loading the ads on your end is your payment for accessing the content for "free". Using adblock is like sneaking into a movie theater without paying because they have too many ads before the movie.

The last several years, ads have increased ten fold, especially on news websites. Which also happens to coincide with the popularity of adblock.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You viewing/loading the ads on your end is your payment for accessing the content for "free". Using adblock is like sneaking into a movie theater without paying because they have too many ads before the movie.

The last several years, ads have increased ten fold, especially on news websites. Which also happens to coincide with the popularity of adblock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to take one for the team!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Retarded comparison, but I agree that an increase in adblock users is leading to other problems.  I was afraid of that when adblockers first become popular.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

And again, AdBlocker may have become popular because every website bombards you with ads that no one clicks on or gives a shit about.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Amen!

It's even worse when surfing on an iPad.

Breitbart, for example, has become almost utterly impossible to visit because so many adverts pop up or slowly that you can't read the friggin' articles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every mother fucking time I open a fucking webpage I'm bombarded by bullshit fucking video adverts for shit I couldn't give two shitfucks less about. I don't give a goddamn about diapers or makeup or whatever the fuckall else you're trying to convince me I need. Goddamn cockwarbling sphincter crust sniffing web devs need to fucking kill that shit. It's fucking annoying and those fucking cunts know it. At least arfcom doesn't have them.

Amen!

It's even worse when surfing on an iPad.

Breitbart, for example, has become almost utterly impossible to visit because so many adverts pop up or slowly that you can't read the friggin' articles.

And when the ad is big enough that you can't see the close gadget on screen it just annoys the hell out of me
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top