Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/19/2014 3:20:56 PM EDT

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/19/rand-paul-calls-marco-rubio-an-isolationist/

But on Friday, the libertarian-leaning Republican senator referred to Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a potential opponent in the 2016 GOP presidential primary, as an “isolationist.”

Discussing their differing opinions on Cuba, Paul wrote on Facebook: “Seems to me, Senator Rubio is acting like an isolationist who wants to retreat to our borders and perhaps build a moat. I reject this isolationism.”

“Senator Marco Rubio believes the embargo against Cuba has been ineffective, yet he wants to continue perpetuating failed policies,” Paul said. “After 50 years of conflict, why not try a new approach? The United States trades and engages with other communist nations, such as China and Vietnam. Why not Cuba? I am a proponent of peace through commerce, and I believe engaging Cuba can lead to positive change.”

Added Paul: “Finally, let’s be clear that Senator Rubio does not speak for the majority of Cuban-Americans. A recent poll demonstrates that a large majority of Cuban-Americans actually support normalizing relations between our countries.”

Appearing on Fox News on Thursday night, Rubio said of Paul’s view that President Obama did the right thing to open relations with Cuba: “Well, like many people that have hit on it, he has no idea what he’s talking about.”

“And I’ll tell you why; number one, the embargo on Cuba is an embargo that frankly has a bunch of holes in it,” Rubio said. “To give you an example, the United States is still one of Cuba’s largest trading partners, even now with the embargo.”

“What’s hurting the Cuban people is not the embargo,” Rubio added, appearing on Megyn Kelly’s show. “What’s hurting the Cuban people is the Cuban government.”
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Rand Paul blamed the police state for the Ferguson shooting.  Both have said or had bad positions.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The wee little fellows are fighting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone is skinny next to Chris Christie.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever stood next to either of them?   Wee men, they are.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rubio is 5'10"...isn't that average male height?

Oh I forgot...everyone on Arfcom is like 6'8"
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh how shocking that useful idiot Rand once again jumps head first into naive leftist narratives.  This guy is a joke.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he's 5'10", I MUST be 6'8".

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like politicians to worry about America first for once.  Who gives a shit about cuba?  We've got plenty of problems that need solving.  Namely the asshole in the white house and his criminal enterprise.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

And he doesn't have a deep enough voice.  Can't be president.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Oh how shocking that useful idiot Rand once again jumps head first into naive leftist narratives.  This guy is a joke.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Can't" has nothing to do with it.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't stand Rubio pandering to the Cuban/Americans.
He represents ALL of Florida.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn01.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/14/jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Rand is standing with Obama, in support of a policy the the Left has advocated for 50 years.  This is undeniable.

Do you disagree?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck Rubio!!!

I stand with Rand!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Rand is standing with Obama, in support of a policy the the Left has advocated for 50 years.
View Quote

Free trade?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Rubio needs to get a grip on his combover - duuuur my name is marccc

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Rand is standing with Obama, in support of a policy the the Left has advocated for 50 years.  This is undeniable.

Do you disagree?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn01.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/14/jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Do you disagree?

LOL, dude Rand could say he now supports Obamacare and people would still defend him and support whatever derpy decision he makes.  He has plenty of 'true believers' here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Do you disagree?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you disagree?

Just because a person doesn't follow the exact line it doesn't lump them in the same category as Obama and the leftists.

This fucking retarded outlook is what gives us people like Boenner, McCain and Graham. I guess maybe some people on here are pleased with the spineless mediocre old guard of the party though

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

LOL, dude Rand could say he now supports Obamacare and people would still defend him and support whatever derpy decision he makes.  He has plenty of 'true believers' here.
View Quote

Would you like some straw with your ridiculous analogy?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we all know realistically ... Neither of them is going to be POTUS .. In fact they are just gonna be a bunch of liabilities come 2016
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seen it first hand here. People posting all sorts of mental gymnastics over his derpy, misguided, and ridiculously naive comments about Ferguson and Voter ID.  And now there is you, trying to rationlize the fact that Rand is making a long standing leftist argument regarding Cuba. It is one thing to be for lifting the embargo but he can spare me this naive clap trap to justify it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Seen it first hand here. People posting all sorts of mental gymnastics over his derpy, misguided, and ridiculously naive comments about Ferguson and Voter ID.  And now there is you, trying to rationlize the fact that Rand is making a long standing leftist argument regarding Cuba. It is one thing to be for lifting the embargo but he can spare me this naive clap trap to justify it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

simple question is: has the embargo worked?  that simple.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When we have the highest rate of people imprisoned in the free world, criminal justice reform is an obvious thing that needs to happen. Ferguson was justified, but around the country, there ARE various incidents that happen daily, that should not be happening in a self described free country.

Can't say I agree on voter ID with him, but perfect candidates and all....

He is arguing for free trade. I see nothing wrong with it. It's really a non-issue to hold on to cold war era relics when the country is in the dire trouble it is in right now. Who fucking cares? Why not actually focus on something important for once, like moving away from this regressive trend of taking away peoples freedoms?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it has hurt Cuba more than hurt us and any benefits to removing it are not worth the benefit it will give to the regime there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's reasonable to say that Rand's Cuba position is consistent with his overarching political philosophy.

Which as we know, does not track the party line on several issues.

To suggest it's a leftist position is unfair.

As far as Ferguson, Voter ID, etc. is concerned, it's clear Rand and/or his handlers are making a conscious effort to demonstrate his differences from the party at large and at least make a token effort to reach out to voting groups given up as lost permanently to the Democrat Party.  We can argue the merits of doing that at risk of alienating the base.  Politicians pander all the time.  Rand is pandering, just to a voting block we don't expect.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#27]
RINO fight?
No Conservatives in this battle.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We know that the LIBERTARIAN PAULBOTS, are just LIBERALS in disguise.! Their gymnastics in support of this idiot is all the proof I need.
Same thing went for his Daddy.
RON PAUL yard signs around here turned into OBAMA signs. Once Paul went down in the Primary.
Just sickening!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Rand Paul blamed the police state for the Ferguson shooting.  Both have said or had bad positions.  
View Quote

They're both open border types.  Fuck 'em both.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you disagree?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?

Damn fella get you head out of your butt, you will find no answers there.

Had the GOP any sense they would have normalized relations with Cuba in the W years and be able to take credit for it. The Halfrican is playing the GOP like a damn fiddle.

Rand Paul simply has the good sense to see it as pretty much a non-issue (we support commie countries every day with our trade) while Rubio's pandering to his old-assed moneyed Cuban American supporters is plain for all to see.

McCain and Company are just mad they will have one less country to rattle a sabre at.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Do you disagree?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?

I agree and am not a bit surprised.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Just because a person doesn't follow the exact line it doesn't lump them in the same category as Obama and the leftists.

This fucking retarded outlook is what gives us people like Boenner, McCain and Graham. I guess maybe some people on here are pleased with the spineless mediocre old guard of the party though

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?

.....and we're off!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?

No, no.  You apparently missed the point.  Rand DOES follow the exact same line.  He supports the Obama/Leftist position.

Spineless is going to Ferguson and siding with Sharpton against the police, because you think it gives you a political advantage.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
We know that the LIBERTARIAN PAULBOTS, are just LIBERALS in disguise.! Their gymnastics in support of this idiot is all the proof I need.

RON PAUL yard signs around here turned into OBAMA signs. Once Paul went down in the Primary.

Just sickening!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sickening!

If you mean Classical Liberal yes

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not an analogy, chief.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
No, no.  You apparently missed the point.  Rand DOES follow the exact same line.  He supports the Obama/Leftist position.

Spineless is going to Ferguson and siding with Sharpton against the police, because you think it gives you a political advantage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you disagree?

Now I would certainly love to see your source for this statement
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Had the GOP any sense they would have normalized relations with Cuba in the W years and be able to take credit for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?

Had the GOP any sense they would have normalized relations with Cuba in the W years and be able to take credit for it.

Take credit for it?   It's a bad idea.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?

Rand Paul is the source.  Where were you?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

When we have the highest rate of people imprisoned in the free world, criminal justice reform is an obvious thing that needs to happen. Ferguson was justified, but around the country, there ARE various incidents that happen daily, that should not be happening in a self described free country.

He is arguing for free trade. I see nothing wrong with it. It's really a non-issue to hold on to cold war era relics when the country is in the dire trouble it is in right now. Who fucking cares? Why not actually focus on something important for once, like moving away from this regressive trend of taking away peoples freedoms?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the perspective of a retired inner city cop.  That cliché’ about us having all these poor incarcerated folks-they have to fuck up pretty bad to end up in prison.  After plea bargaining, reduced charges, snitching off their cohorts, probation on top of probation, by the time they land in prison they’ve either finally done something over the top or their prior record catches up with them.  A black male stealing a car in the inner city, if his first offense, has a much better chance of dropped/reduced charges or meaningless probation than billy bob does out in the sticks committing the same offense where crime isn’t rampant and the community won’t tolerate it.  We have more offenders in this country because we have more freedoms-the less people are shackled, a higher proportion is going to fuck up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

No kidding.  Siding with Obama on legitimizing the Castro brothers?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just sickening!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sickening!

I don't think Ronnie even carried his own district in the primary.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I used to be an enthusiastic Rand supporter but lately I've heard a bit too much derp come out of his mouth.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just sickening!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I used to be an enthusiastic Rand supporter but lately I've heard a bit too much derp come out of his mouth.
View Quote

I stood with Rand but he shit in my hand, he's lost all credibility after his Sharpton-like remarks regarding Ferguson and now he is wratcheting up the derp.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

So true, the Ferguson threads were real eyeopeners.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I still stand with Rand.  He matches my views on most issues.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

He said that things like Ferguson are caused by the "War on Poverty" and what it has caused in those communities and he was 100% correct.

What I want to know is WHERE he went and sung kumbaya with Al Sharpton like you suggested? You seem to be pointing any opposing view to being one in the same no matter what.

Typical GD, chastise the person standing up for your beliefs and vote for the dumbass that will sell you out

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"show me where Paul said it"

"Paul never said that"

"Source?"

"that's not what Paul meant"

"I haven't heard of those remarks by Paul"

"......Paul's remarks were taken out of context"

Sound at all familiar?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He said that things like Ferguson are caused by the "War on Poverty" and what it has caused in those communities and he was 100% correct.

What I want to know is WHERE he went and sung kumbaya with Al Sharpton like you suggested? You seem to be pointing any opposing view to being one in the same no matter what.

Typical GD, chastise the person standing up for your beliefs and vote for the dumbass that will sell you out

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typical Paul Dindu Nuffin post.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top