Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/18/2014 11:43:21 PM EDT
ETA:  Aimless has thrown the flipper.  He will do your paperwork if you adopt a damn Yankee kid from New York state.

Here are some damn Yankee kids:

http://www.ocfs.state.ny.us/adopt/photolisting.asp

Leslie is 11 and Angel is 9.  YOU can rescue them from a childhood spent in a snowy anti-gun liberal wasteland.  YOU can prevent them from becoming a New York lawyer who eats kippers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and having a passion for the Mini-14.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not what you were expecting, was it?  ARFCOM is famous for our dog rescues.  Do we have the heart for a people rescue?

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Application/TARE/Group.aspx/Siblings/75380

Indea, Asia, and China are three Texas sisters that need a loving family to adopt them.  Can't deal with a 15 year old, a 13 year old, and a 12 year old?

Search for your ideal child HERE.

Hate Texas?  Fine.  Here's the link to each state:

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/adoption_and_foster_care/Adoption_Partners/Helpful_Resources/websites.asp

There's even links where you can rescue Canadian children from the frozen north.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
No takers?  Ok, we'll try another group of siblings.

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Application/TARE/Group.aspx/Siblings/33088

As it happens, both girls love animals.  So good candidates to adopt a dag from ARFCOM after you adopt these two.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I applaud what you are doing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Op is race-baitin'.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  Op is race-baitin'.

View Quote

@ this point, think I'm gender-baiting.  Do you want the top 3 girls to grow up in the Dindu culture or under your loving care?  Your call.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:45:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:31:32 AM EDT
[#7]
My heart breaks over stuff like this.
That children need is a problem for me.
Color, age, and gender doesn't matter, what does is the fact I can't save them all.
Raised my own, now have grandchildren, fostered Two other kids and brought them up to be productive members of society.
Look, I'm 57 and my wife and I spent enough of our life and time raising kids .

@ this point, think I'm gender-baiting. Do you want the top 3 girls to grow up in the Dindu culture or under your loving care? Your call.
View Quote

No, that's cheap and uncalled for.
Rather than play the sensationalistic game, how many have YOU fostered?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  My heart breaks over stuff like this.
Color, age, and gender doesn't matter, what does is the fact I can't save them all.
Raised my own, now have grandchildren, fostered Two other kids and brought them up to be productive members of society.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:  My heart breaks over stuff like this.

@ this point, think I'm gender-baiting. Do you want the top 3 girls to grow up in the Dindu culture or under your loving care? Your call.

I was being told I was race baiting.  I'm scheming to adopt an 11 year old in a couple of years, if I'm so lucky.  Fostering is not something I could do, and applaud you for doing so.  But we're so good @ saving dogs, I figured human children were worth more to ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:48:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for sounding like the SOB I am, but it's a rather touchy spot with me.
Please forgive my ire.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  Sorry for sounding like the SOB I am, but it's a rather touchy spot with me.
Please forgive my ire.
View Quote

No worries.  If we're half as successful w/ children here as we are with dogs, ARFCOM would become the premier adoption website in the US.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll admit, I don't want babies. But I kind of want to hoard these kids.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw this thread last night and followed the link. Spent about an hour on that site just looking at the different kids. Some of them were almost adults. My stupid question is, why would the older ones want to to be adopted on the cusp of adulthood? No family at all? If it were me I think I would just lone wolf it. I have very little blood family as it is. Serious question.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I saw this thread last night and followed the link. Spent about an hour on that site just looking at the different kids. Some of them were almost adults. My stupid question is, why would the older ones want to to be adopted on the cusp of adulthood? No family at all? If it were me I think I would just lone wolf it. I have very little blood family as it is. Serious question.  
View Quote

They're older, but they're still kids. And kids need love.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#15]
From what I've seen, it's pretty hard to adopt a kid. Even if you can offer them better what they have, it's deemed 'not good enough.'

Better to let them live in loneliness and squalor
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A kid freed for adoption? You're employed and without a criminal record, neglect charges and never been involuntarily committed for being stabby? I doubt you would have a problem  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From what I've seen, it's pretty hard to adopt a kid. Even if you can offer them better what they have, it's deemed 'not good enough.'

Better to let them life in loneliness and squalor
A kid freed for adoption? You're employed and without a criminal record, neglect charges and never been involuntarily committed for being stabby? I doubt you would have a problem  

Explain 'freed for adoption' to me - Is it different from regular adoption?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Go you.

It's not easy to adopt. I'm also looking into it, and we've already had (naturally) a healthy 6-year-old and 1-year-old.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://ocfs.ny.gov/adopt/disclaimer.asp

There is a teenage arsonist out there just waiting for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The home inspections are a real bitch. Expensive, intrusive, and you have to do it every few months.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or murdered.  I know a few people that took in these type of kids.  The stories are downright scary.  Id say it's safe to say at least 90% of them have mental/Pysch issues
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't know if I can look at all of those faces...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't know if I can look at all of those faces...
View Quote

You don't have to look @ all of 'em.  Just, 1, 2, or 3 - for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I feel bad for kids in need.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Or murdered.  I know a few people that took in these type of kids.  The stories are downright scary.  Id say it's safe to say at least 90% of them have mental/Pysch issues

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did they turn out alright? Some of the kids I looked at on the TX site were normal looking kids. Some of the others I wouldn't turn my back, let alone in my house. I know it's crass to say but you could see it.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Already been to that well 4 times. Still have a 13 yr.old girl at home.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#28]
This is a definite punch in the gut; almost sick to my stomach looking at the pictures, and especially reading the one sentence bios.

So looking through these pages, and being quite young myself(20s), can someone explain how adoption works on the older kids? Mind my ignorance regarding the subject. Obviously, the ones who are 15 or so still have a few years, but such as the ones who are 17 or so, wouldn't a foster-like scenario be more ideal for some of them, barring special needs requirements? Are most of them system kids, who've hopped around over the years, or are there other scenarios in which they are put into the system?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#29]
My folks adopted two kids under these circumstances and fostered others.

It isn't easy. If you feel drawn to doing it I have a lot of respect for anyone willing to help a kid, and they really do need your help. It's appalling really how many kids need help in this society and don't get it, it's one of the reasons we have so many dysfunctional adults.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Mommy and daddy lost the child due to neglecting or abusing the child and not bothering to straighten their shit out to get the kid back. Most of the kids are a mess, psych problems etc. Child is in the custody of the state and with foster parents or in a facility ie orphanage type place
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain 'freed for adoption' to me - Is it different from regular adoption?
Mommy and daddy lost the child due to neglecting or abusing the child and not bothering to straighten their shit out to get the kid back. Most of the kids are a mess, psych problems etc. Child is in the custody of the state and with foster parents or in a facility ie orphanage type place

And at some point in life (often times) mommy and or daddy want their kid(s) back followed by years of headache.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:  Already been to that well 4 times. Still have a 13 yr.old girl at home.
View Quote

God bless you.  Would you do it all over again?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  And at some point in life (often times) mommy and or daddy want their kid(s) back followed by years of headache.
View Quote

One thing I have learned is you don't touch a child with a drop of Native American blood.  10 years down the road the tribe may decide they want the kid and the Federal Courts will support their claim.  But kids w/o Indian blood, if you have a copy of their loss of parental rights, you SHOULD be ok.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

they want to belong.
somewhere.
with someone.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the depression laden post, now I feel like a piece of shit for procreating instead of adopting. Seriously. Good kids in need of a stable home, it's the most selfless thing anyone can do.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Bump.

This thread makes me sad but it's an honorable thing you are offering Aimless. If I had unlimited income and didn't have four of my own we would be adopting them by the truck load. No child should have to grow up without a family.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Can they link ammo ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#39]
We got the boy we always wanted when he was 18 mo., fostered him for a year and then adopted him. He's 6 1/2 now. Oh and he likes guns!!

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#40]
This breaks my heart.

I hope and pray they will all find a loving home soon.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Can they link ammo and mow the yard? ?
View Quote

Damn I am going to hell.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Just sent off the paperwork to adopt our second child.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Remember all children are innocent, it takes an adult to screw them up.
My former brother adopted two and they have turned into amazing kids.

to the penguin
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I have to get a few things in order first, but I would like to adopt again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#48]
So what does it cost to adopt these days?  I know what I cost back in the 80's so I imagine it would be much more.  I know you'd handle the paperwork but just thinking about loud.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So what does it cost to adopt these days?  I know what I cost back in the 80's so I imagine it would be much more.  I know you'd handle the paperwork but just thinking about loud.
View Quote

For the first one we only a to pay a filing fee at the courthouse ($70 I believe).  So far with the second we haven't spent a dime.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top