Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 696
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:43:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hwj_chim] [#1]
I can't get into world of warships. Is it Friday night?

ETA: Never mind just found the time Friday - Server online - starting 15:00 PST
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Woo Hoo! Right when I get home!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
Good work, Crazed.  When do you primarily play? Do you ever platoon?

By any measure, my stats are declining.  I can't decide if that is due to personal issues, or losing interest in the game.  On possible significant issue is grinding tanks... I have been grinding (no free XP) some tier 6-9's. Also, the last couple days, I have had some battles where I am focused like a laser on obtaining some objective that isn't necessarily best for the team (such as getting to arty, which is ok when done appropriately, but bad when you YOLO just to get the 50K bonus).  I have some nights I can't break 1000 WN8 anymore.  I used to be able to have 2000 nights reasonably often. More often than not, I have 0-700 WN8 games interspersed amongst 1500-3000 WN8 games.  My WR has been continuously improving for 12 months, but has started to drop slightly over past 30 days.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:
I am Proud of this my WN8 is greatly Improving my Win rate is going up and i am finally Starting to see all stats go towards green WN8

My Stats really starting improving when i Went Russian Medium line and Rolled the top 85 MM on the T-34-85 and the T-34-85M that combo of tanks really showed me how to play the game even better than i was.

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/crazedcat/signature.png
Good work, Crazed.  When do you primarily play? Do you ever platoon?

By any measure, my stats are declining.  I can't decide if that is due to personal issues, or losing interest in the game.  On possible significant issue is grinding tanks... I have been grinding (no free XP) some tier 6-9's. Also, the last couple days, I have had some battles where I am focused like a laser on obtaining some objective that isn't necessarily best for the team (such as getting to arty, which is ok when done appropriately, but bad when you YOLO just to get the 50K bonus).  I have some nights I can't break 1000 WN8 anymore.  I used to be able to have 2000 nights reasonably often. More often than not, I have 0-700 WN8 games interspersed amongst 1500-3000 WN8 games.  My WR has been continuously improving for 12 months, but has started to drop slightly over past 30 days.

Yeah i do Platoon Shoot when i can my days have been messed up to much for me to try it but everything is shaking out now so i am Off Monday and Tuesday nights so if you or any one else wants to i will gadly join ya guys.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jeremy2171] [#4]
I'm in WoWs now... I have NO clue what I'm doing....

850 players and counting...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Jeremy2171:

View Quote

I played 2 coop games before leaving work.

One thing I really like that I can say without breaking the NDA is that the battles are way longer than in WoT. Based on the game mechanics, I don't see that significantly changing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Neither do I, but Im getting the hang of it...We need a separate "How-To, WTF am I doing, Tips and Tricks" thread so we can figure this game out together...

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit, that Survey on WoWS was terribly translated, and horribly coded.  I think the MM people must have made it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By ChrisLe:

View All Quotes

Neither do I, but Im getting the hang of it...We need a separate "How-To, WTF am I doing, Tips and Tricks" thread so we can figure this game out together...

Get your ass into TeamSpeak.  someone will help out.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Dont know the TS channel

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Be careful - I believe we're still under NDA, so we can't post screencaps or videos, and can't talk publicly about game mechanics.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Just watched the latest ASAP.  Apparently we're getting a general accuracy nerf.  Not sure what to make of that.  My derp guns had already transitioned to random shot placement with 9.0.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Just watched the latest ASAP.  Apparently we're getting a general accuracy nerf.  Not sure what to make of that.  My derp guns had already transitioned to random shot placement with 9.0.
View Quote

aye

- the accuracy nerf in 9.6 does include artillery as well
- accuracy nerf in 9.6 does not mean more shells will drop at the edge of the aim circle, but fewer shells will drop in the dead center

so its evening the shell dispersion out....instead of say, 30% of your shots hitting dead center, now only 15 or 20% will hit dead center and the rest will be scatter out......not necessarily to the very edge of the aim circle but just not dead center

kinda sucks but it's putting more RNGesus into the game
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Dont know the TS channel

View All Quotes
Dont know the TS channel

Look at the original post of this thread

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By tyman:
aye

- accuracy nerf in 9.6 does not mean more shells will drop at the edge of the aim circle, but fewer shells will drop in the dead center

so its evening the shell dispersion out....instead of say, 30% of your shots hitting dead center, now only 15 or 20% will hit dead center and the rest will be scatter out......not necessarily to the very edge of the aim circle but just not dead center

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tyman:

Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

aye

That's a start, but considering they force you to play at 50m or less on many maps, it shouldn't be a huge change.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

Be careful - I believe we're still under NDA, so we can't post screencaps or videos, and can't talk publicly about game mechanics.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

Go to the World of Warships forums, there is a beta area with info and  help

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:22:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Drifter75] [#16]
I guess this would qualify as padding...?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:35:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm  having a blast with WoWS.  Can't say much more than that I guess due to the NDA
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:12:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgthatred] [#18]
I'm an Alpha tester for WoWs and there is going to be so much butt hurt when it goes live due to accidental TK from torps and rams.
As for WoT, the individual missions have destroyed pubs, its unplayable now with every moron not giving a shit about winning and YOLOing to get their mission done.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:33:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Played some world of warships and it is very good so far. Good job on on it War Gaming.  A question for our WG employees. Will the French be seeing new tanks any time soon?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By hwj_chim:

Played some world of warships and it is very good so far. Good job on on it War Gaming.  A question for our WG employees. Will the French be seeing new tanks any time soon?
View Quote
we have WG employees here now?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:28:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

View All Quotes

Yeah, Blackhawk 101 and ManicMoran, aka, the Chieftain.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:30:13 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Yep we have 2. One of them is the Chieftain

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sgthatred:
I'm an Alpha tester for WoWs and there is going to be so much butt hurt when it goes live due to accidental TK from torps and rams.

As for WoT, the individual missions have destroyed pubs, its unplayable now with every moron not giving a shit about winning and YOLOing to get their mission done.  
View Quote

Toon up and pick on the bastards trying to get their missions done.

We've been having some epic fun trolling in heavies. Two T57 heavies or a 50b in there somewhere make these missions into nightmares for the scrubs. They routinely yolo into two autoloaders.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Russian TD Commandos AKA as Coastie and a few others HELP SOS MAYDAY.

SU-85 what Skills for Crew the First and 2nd skills would be best going towards the OBJ 704 line of the TD's.

Also what Equipment is best for them as well.

K thanks in Advance Cat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Map: Sacred Valley

ARL 44

2,816   (x2)

Battle achievements High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

WN8: 5 744

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Russian TD Commandos AKA as Coastie and a few others HELP SOS MAYDAY.

SU-85 what Skills for Crew the First and 2nd skills would be best going towards the OBJ 704 line of the TD's.

Also what Equipment is best for them as well.

K thanks in Advance Cat.
View Quote
Camo across the board.

6th sense for commander repairs

Snapshot and armorer for third. That's what i use you don't have to. I found myself having the gun knocked out a lot with the ish because people hitbit when using autolock

Driver clutch braking. I have controlled impact because su100y lulz....don't do that

Loaders repairs on both firefighting and safe stowage.

Fire fighting is generally useless. However if you run a premium extinguisher it will reduce that one tick mark and can make the difference between life and death sometimes. That and I have the skills I want for that tank already so I just threw it on there to use up something.

Take this all with a grain of salt. This is an old crew before I really started caring about what I wanted on them. That is my su100y crew and I do perfectly fine in that tank.

As far as running those tanks I ran vents rammer and binos/ Cami net. I don't run a camp net on the 100y for obvious reasons but it doesn't really bother me. So decide if you want your team to spot for you and be stealthy or spot on your own without as much stealth (I.e. assault gun)

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Map: Sacred Valley

ARL 44

2,816   (x2)

Battle achievements High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

WN8: 5 744

http://i.imgur.com/XqV53c3.jpg
View Quote

Looking at your skills on your ARL crew, I have one question: on your commander, why not use something like awareness or repairs?

Here's why: Camo skill on a heavy is like trying to make a dump truck stealthy. At this point, it is a wasted skill.

Repairs would get you back in the fight faster, and awareness would let you spot and see further, both of which are hugely beneficial to you delivering beat downs to the unwashed masses, increasing your WN8.

Since you're right on the cusp of breaking 1000WN8, you really should start doing the things that will make it that much faster and easier for you to do so. Knaa'mean?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
Camo across the board.    6th sense for commander repairs
Snapshot and armorer for third. That's what i use you don't have to. I found myself having the gun knocked out a lot with the ish because people hitbit when using autolock
Driver clutch braking. I have controlled impact because su100y lulz....don't do that

Fire fighting is generally useless. However if you run a premium extinguisher it will reduce that one tick mark and can make the difference between life and death sometimes. That and I have the skills I want for that tank already so I just threw it on there to use up something.

Take this all with a grain of salt. This is an old crew before I really started caring about what I wanted on them. That is my su100y crew and I do perfectly fine in that tank.

As far as running those tanks I ran vents rammer and binos/ Cami net. I don't run a camp net on the 100y for obvious reasons but it doesn't really bother me. So decide if you want your team to spot for you and be stealthy or spot on your own without as much stealth (I.e. assault gun)

View Quote

Great info Coastie gives me something to work with buying the Su-85 this weekend while it is on sale so i can start that line the top 85 mm is already unlocked.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:52:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#29]
Originally Posted By Turboguy:

Looking at your skills on your ARL crew, I have one question: on your commander, why not use something like awareness or repairs?

Here's why: Camo skill on a heavy is like trying to make a dump truck stealthy. At this point, it is a wasted skill.

Repairs would get you back in the fight faster, and awareness would let you spot and see further, both of which are hugely beneficial to you delivering beat downs to the unwashed masses, increasing your WN8.

Since you're right on the cusp of breaking 1000WN8, you really should start doing the things that will make it that much faster and easier for you to do so. Knaa'mean?
View Quote

Was a crew from a different tank bud.

Ran out of gold to fix the crew back to full heavy skills it is right close to 100% skills so i will have it fixed by next week .

I am going to take a beating for this but the First 4 Personal Missions Heavy tank wise have all been ran with the 105 MM and all Completed with honors and Average damage has been 1400 or more. Highest being over 2K one of them.

I keep enough gold rounds to handle tanks i know the 105 MM can not pen but for me i have been lucky and seeing mostly tier 6 and below tanks Knocks on wood very hard.Meaning a lot of Tier 6 matches. Knocks even harder on the wood.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Great info Coastie gives me something to work with buying the Su-85 this weekend while it is on sale so i can start that line the top 85 mm is already unlocked.
View All Quotes

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with Joe on one point: Snapshot.

It's not going to help you in a non turreted TD. It only helps you during TURRET ROTATION. For non turreted TD's, get clutch braking.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Ran out of gold to fix the crew back to full heavy skills it is right close to 100% skills so i will have it fixed by next week .

I am going to take a beating for this but the First 4 Personal Missions Heavy tank wise have all been ran with the 105 MM and all Completed with honors and Average damage has been 1400 or more. Highest being over 2K one of them.

I keep enough gold rounds to handle tanks i know the 105 MM can not pen but for me i have been lucky and seeing mostly tier 6 and below games Knocks on wood very hard.

View All Quotes

I keep enough gold rounds to handle tanks i know the 105 MM can not pen but for me i have been lucky and seeing mostly tier 6 and below games Knocks on wood very hard.

Do you have any really tough heavies?

The mission where you have to have your armor block as much damage as your HP and still do 1k damage will be a real bastard in a Frenchie tank.

I used an IS7 because it is bouncy as fuck.

I also used that tank for my ram kill and rammed an E100 to death on the map with the broken bridge. Got a good head of steam down the hill and nailed him broadside with controlled impact and did 700 damage. I did 400 damage to me too, but that hit was like two linebackers colliding at full tilt.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#32]

The mission where you have to have your armor block as much damage as your HP and still do 1k damage will be a real bastard in a Frenchie tank.

I also used that tank for my ram kill and rammed an E100 to death on the map with the broken bridge. Got a good head of steam down the hill and nailed him broadside with controlled impact and did 700 damage. I did 400 damage to me too, but that hit was like two linebackers colliding at full tilt.
View Quote

KV line of tanks i should be ok when i get there i have easily bounced more than that before. If not re buy the T29
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Everyone knows that the T-54 is a good tank.  It must be; while this isn't an impressive or incredible match with about 4000 in assist/damage, it would be at least a second class badge in most other tanks.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By CrazedCat: KV line of tanks i should be ok when i get there i have easily bounced more than that before. If not re buy the T29
View Quote
NEVER! sell epic tanks.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#35]

It's not going to help you in a non turreted TD. It only helps you during TURRET ROTATION. For non turreted TD's, get clutch braking.
View All Quotes

15k freaking battles and I never thought about it. I just assumed that you ARE the turret. Well f me. All those TD crews

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#36]
NEVER! sell epic tanks.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CrazedCat: KV line of tanks i should be ok when i get there i have easily bounced more than that before. If not re buy the T29
NEVER! sell epic tanks.  

Goes Stands in corner This was before i learned not to do Dumb shit.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:15k freaking battles and I never thought about it. I just assumed that you ARE the turret. Well f me. All those TD crews
View Quote
No worries, they'll happily sell you enough gold to convert them!

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Everyone knows that the T-54 is a good tank.  It must be; while this isn't an impressive or incredible match with about 4000 in assist/damage, it would be at least a second class badge in most other tanks.

View Quote

If that thing is as good as everyone makes it out to be I will love it. It's going to be like picking up my mastery in the E50. I did 6700 and 6 kills for that.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:12:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#39]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:15k freaking battles and I never thought about it. I just assumed that you ARE the turret. Well f me. All those TD crews
Considering things for me lately. As soon as the gold runs out my time in the game will as well. Maybe I'll throw together some weekend tourney crews. Arfcom and that obscure top forty na clan
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#40]
So really Liking the French tanks getting a great handle on the ARL 44 Back in the early days i did not understand how to use it right .Sniper with 90 mm and even the 105 mm stay behind bushes it can lay some damage down.

Now i am Averaging 1500 to 2K damage games. WN8 around 2k to 5k plus on great games.

13K exp away from Making it Elite and Researching the Tier 7   AMX M4 mle. 45.

Any way long story short.

I need Details on this Premium Tonk.  

FCM 50 t if i am watching the videos and the stuff i have read play it like a sniper it prints money and trains crews.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#41]

So really Liking the French tanks getting a great handle on the ARL 44 Back in the early days i did not understand how to use it right .Sniper with 90 mm and even the 105 mm stay behind bushes it can lay some damage down.

Now i am Averaging 1500 to 2K damage games. WN8 around 2k to 5k plus on great games.

13K exp away from Making it Elite and Researching the Tier 7   AMX M4 mle. 45.

Any way long story short.

I need Details on this Premium Tonk.  

FCM 50 t if i am watching the videos and the stuff i have read play it like a sniper it prints money and trains crews.

View Quote
If you buy the 50t DO NOT ever try to brawl with it. You will be cut down in short order. It doesn't bounce anything, ever. If it does, it was a glitch in the matrix. On the plus side. You can ram the ever living piss out of 87% of the tanks it will see. It also pens just about everything. Good tonk just a support tank

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

ST-I must be super popular for the tard missions-did over 3200 and some spotting damage and didn't even get a 3rd class badge.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone else notice that severngorst (spelling) was taken out of rotation? Only think can say about that, good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Anyone else notice that severngorst (spelling) was taken out of rotation? Only think can say about that, good.
View Quote
not until just now....  I hated it after they revised it and took away every overwatch position on the map. It was ok as first released.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
I'm In WOWS channel on TS now...

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By crurifragium:

ST-I must be super popular for the tard missions-did over 3200 and some spotting damage and didn't even get a 3rd class badge.

View All Quotes

I think that after the fv215 heavy line, I'm going to go up that ST-I line and stomp some faces in.

I've never driven a tank that guarantees a pen 75% of the time and has one of the better guns in the game.

I think that's why they're running it.

1. Get in ST-I
2. Get hulldown.
3. ?????????
4. Profit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#47]
You have to love these Credit multipliers.  I just had a 128,000 credit game in my Obj 261.  97 k profit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#48]
       from FTR (for the record)

Posted on January 24, 2015 by Silentstalker

Storm answers from the closed betatester section of the forum

- there’s no ETA on "matchmaker 3.0? right now – there’s a lot of research to be done damn. that's too long.

- new motion physics: medium future (SS: that usually means 3-6 months)

- Storm considers MM and balancing fixes to have higher priority than Havok introduction this sounds like a step in the right direction... although WGing fixes always seem to be overreactions, at first.  If there is a nail head sticking up on a deck, they hit it with a 9 lb. sledge.

- Type 62 will not be buffed in 9.6

- the HD E-100 model was made according to Panzer Tracts and the weld thickness was copied from there. But in the end, developers decided not to do it and leave it as it was (SS: historically, the weld parts were apparently weaker than the ingame model, I don’t know from head, would have to check)

- developers considered improving the gold to credit conversion ratio to make this conversion more attractive, but decided not to do it in the end I want to see XP/gold xchg improved

- Storm confirms that there will be no more limited MM tanks, this decision is connected "to gameplay and to matchmaker issues” There should be more! not less, especially in tiers below 7

- the game is being optimized gradually every patch Did they mis-translate this? I suspect what they said in Russian was closer to  "decreased player experience"

- Havok development has nothing to do with motion physics, it’s different people doing it

- new tree render ("speedtree”) will come as a part of the new render system WG is working on...  yeah, I have said since day 1, trees are the biggest problem in WGing.  Fix the trees, and we'll have nothing to complain about!

That’s all for today. Storm wrote that he’d be busy through the weekend and wouldn’t have much time to answer questions.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#49]

I think that after the fv215 heavy line, I'm going to go up that ST-I line and stomp some faces in.

I've never driven a tank that guarantees a pen 75% of the time and has one of the better guns in the game.

1. Get in ST-I
2. Get hulldown.
3. ?????????
4. Profit.
View All Quotes

1. Get in ST-I
2. Get hulldown.
3. ?????????
4. Profit.

hurry up and go up the ST-1 line

i'm on kv-3 now

and its god awful

need halp grinding
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Pretty sure that if you're gonna get prison. Love from MM in tanks you're gonna get it in ships too. Can't buy a fucking win today. Completely stacked teams with zero chance of winning every single fucking game. Fuck wargaming and their bullshit MM
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top