Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 696
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
RNG has determined that I'm done winning for the night.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
RNG has determined that I'm done winning for the night.
View Quote

Got smart and changed tanks.

1/6 145 wn8 after the change.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally got the 13 90 ground through.  So, what to research/get?   The AMX 30 or the BC 25?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Finally got the 13 90 ground through.  So, what to research/get?   The AMX 30 or the BC 25?
View Quote

I went the BC route. I'm about 100k away from the tier 10 Bat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By j97531:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By j97531:

I had some Thugz douchebag call me a hacker. Fucking hate that clan of assholes.  

wait

someone from CLAWS hating on another clan?

is that even possible?
The only clan I can't stand is Thugz.  

if you're in thugz I'll make it my mission to focus you in every pubby match. I can't believe the clans still alive after how many times Claws has mapped them and chased them around the map kicking them off every time they landed.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
Seriously? I think I would be pissed if I "won" that  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:

It's funny because it's true. I do, however feel like I should have bought the 112 instead. Since, you know, I like the 110 so much. Well, that and I already own a kv5. Derp.
Still a better gun then the IS5  
Seriously? I think I would be pissed if I "won" that  

The only tank that was a clan wars prize that's worth a shit is the 907 or the M60.

The rest are fucking dreck and not fucking worth the trouble and fucking around of a campaign to get the damned things.

How many Chieftan/T95's do you see? T95E6's? T23e3's? Fail-Lowe's? You *NEVER* see them or it's once in a blue moon.

907's? tons. Every other game at tier X.

Maybe, juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust maybe WG should figure out ass from elbow and make the tanks we literally fight over worth the work in getting the damned things.

Then again, I'd also like a pony, remove arty, give tanks people pay money for "pref" matchmaking because paying for a tank that doesn't get it, yet is inferior in every fucking way to the real deal tier 8's is gay, fix the fucking maps, RNG of +5/-5 instead of what it is now, and while we're at it, remove the T22 Med.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turboguy] [#7]
14/20  2800wn8  

9/10 in my 53/55, Lot's of salt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:
4 for 20 on the night so far.
14/20  2800wn8  

53/55 is a bigger stat padder than the T67! It is known as "Easy Mode."

The other night I was trying to help a guy get his LT15 for the 260 and was maintaining a 3400 WN8.

One of those rounds I got a Gore's medal while I was eating, no headset, one handed, and I was having Spaghetti.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Depends, do you like high depression, soft meds, or fast autoloaders?

Answer that question and you'll have your answer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:39:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Turboguy:

The other night I was trying to help a guy get his LT15 for the 260 and was maintaining a 3400 WN8.

One of those rounds I got a Gore's medal while I was eating, no headset, one handed, and I was having Spaghetti.
View All Quotes

14/20  2800wn8  

and I just got another mastery badge in mine

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By The_Floridian:

Webiums
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:

http://i.imgur.com/UZvkeux.jpg

First thing Nice games Second thing which Mod pack you using.

Webiums

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:42:38 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

14/20  2800wn8  

Another ace tanker in my 53/55. So much salt.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:48:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#12]
First time running in to a Maus Alone i did ok before he killed me i had to figure where to pen that Lumbering sack of German Steel

Back of the Turret with Heat Worked

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#13]
1 and 6 for the morning.  

Top 3 in all the games in XP and damage done.  Usually in a lowest tier tank.

Fuck MM.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#14]
First time running in to a Maus Alone i did ok before he killed me i had to figure where to pen that Lumbering sack of German Steel

http://i.imgur.com/IWmBYIU.jpg
View Quote

With most on tier tanks, not the black dog, shoot heat/gold at the left side of his turret face (your right when facing him). Because the face is rounded and everyone is shorter than the Maus, your odds of penning are higher. Also there is a weak spot there and you'll wax his commander and gunner.

In the blackdog, just run circles around him and pop his tracks every now and again. If he has a wall to get up against to stop you from circling him, go find easier prey or track him repeatedly and keep him out of the fight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Today's interesting name goes to PanzerComfyWagon.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By atomicfacepalm:
Recovering from surgery and playing quite a bit more than normal since they gave me some premium time for completing a tutorial.  Was having no luck getting a win today but rolled out for one last battle and this happened.
How difficult is the AMC Elx Bis to play?  My map awareness is still poor and it looks like it might be pretty demanding.

http://i.imgur.com/Jnt8ylJ.jpg
View Quote

Holy crap that's impressive for that tier.  Good game!

The elc is a weird little tank and can be difficult to play well.   It's small, fast and conceals like a mofo.  It has basically no armor and does not have a turret.  It has a huge gun with a VERY slow reload and aim time.  Think of it as a small, fast, maneuverable casement TD.

You can play it two ways- the first is to drive it fast and furious, weave around like a drunk so you don't get killed and light up stuff for arty and tds.  When you get the chance,  get right up behind people and give them surprise buttsex then run away as fast as you can.

The second is to find sniping spots and line up your shots.  Run away as soon as you pull the trigger and repeat.  

It's a blast to play and one of my go-to tanks when I don't give a shit and just want to yolo around and cause mayhem without regard for life and limb.  A few days ago at the beginning of a match I got all the way to the other end of the map and lit all 3 of the enemy arty right at the beginning when nobody was expecting it.  Unfortunately our arty wasn't expecting it either but we still got two of them.  Insta death after when basically the entire team turned around to kill me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#17]

How you you kill those fucking things?  Supposedly there is a weak spot on the mantlet but I can never seem to hit it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Another ace today, epic match. Replay worth the look.

one of the ace's last night.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bones45:

How you you kill those fucking things?  Supposedly there is a weak spot on the mantlet but I can never seem to hit it.
View All Quotes

Driver's door right in front.

Otherwise, try to pick the flattest spot, or if they're trying to angle on you, shoot the front sprocket.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#20]

With most on tier tanks, not the black dog, shoot heat/gold at the left side of his turret face (your right when facing him). Because the face is rounded and everyone is shorter than the Maus, your odds of penning are higher. Also there is a weak spot there and you'll wax his commander and gunner.

In the blackdog, just run circles around him and pop his tracks every now and again. If he has a wall to get up against to stop you from circling him, go find easier prey or track him repeatedly and keep him out of the fight.
View All Quotes

http://i.imgur.com/IWmBYIU.jpg

Thanks Turbo that helps a lot .

And i did exactly what u said not to do in the last sentence i learned a lot from that little engagement it took him a while to get to the wall when he did i should have ran.

Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:37:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#21]

Otherwise, try to pick the flattest spot, or if they're trying to angle on you, shoot the front sprocket.
View All Quotes

Shoot the cheeks.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#22]

http://wotreplays.com/site/2898306#mines-ludder-m53_m55

http://i.imgur.com/SERFHNq.jpgone of the ace's last night.
http://i.imgur.com/WrKbWVr.jpg

View Quote

That e5 made me horny

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By Knightzone:
That e5 made me horny

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Knightzone:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2898306#mines-ludder-m53_m55
http://i.imgur.com/SERFHNq.jpgone of the ace's last night.

http://i.imgur.com/WrKbWVr.jpg

That e5 made me horny

He was salty for sure lol.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Log on
3 idiot teams in a row ignore an entire flank
Log off

All tier 9 and 10 games.  You'd think people would learn something by then.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:25:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Knightzone] [#25]
Log on
3 idiot teams in a row ignore an entire flank
Log off

All tier 9 and 10 games.  You'd think people would learn something by then.
View Quote

I see that more often in tier 10 games than tier 6-7. I've noticed that gameplay at tiers above 5 but less than 9 are much less infuriating. ETA: Included tier 8 because being in a tier 10 game doesn't happen too often

I miss my O-Ho and stupid german TD drivers. Derping a grille for 900 and starting a fire is one of the most relieving things in the game.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Ludder--you shot more gold in that one game than I have in almost 4 years playing this game, lol!!  Do you run cola--your reload is insane...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:15:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#27]

Originally Posted By dmb4765:

Ludder--you shot more gold in that one game than I have in almost 4 years playing this game, lol!!  Do you run cola--your reload is insane...
View Quote
no I don't run Cola in pubs. In CW I do.

I run straight gold in my Arty in pubs and in CW.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Defeat

El Halluf

Rheinmetall Skorpion G

Experience received:1,922    Credits earned 95,361  

Battle achievements Tank Sniper, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "II Class"

Repairs:-6 957  

Ammunition:-11 770  

Total:76 634  WN8: 6 158 (100)

CARRY HARDER.  Almost 2k exp on a loss...

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I don't do CW or anything like that. However, straight rations and gold ammo in the 212a. 34 second reload 6 second aim time and 8 meters of splash. I only have to get close

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#30]

I don't do CW or anything like that. However, straight rations and gold ammo in the 212a. 34 second reload 6 second aim time and 8 meters of splash. I only have to get close  
View All Quotes

helps to have a 5 skill crew too

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, I've downloaded the game and keep getting my ass kicked.  Is there any mo bedda tutorial than the one on the WOT game?

For example I think I bought HP shells but don't see them in my complement of firepower in a tank.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I started re-grinding the 13 90 so I can get the AMX 30, although I'm not sure I'll be impressed. I'm wondering if I should buy the BC 25ac (or whatever it's called), but I've already got the tier X BC... so what would I get? On that note, it was odd when I saw the first one of those tier 9 Bats in a game. I had no idea what the F it was.

Then last weekend, I was in a tier V battle in my Skoda T24, and came up against an M4 Improved. I've NEVER seen one before. Apparently they're more rare than hen's teeth.

Anyway, the French tanks really reinforce the "be a sneaky bastard" style of gameplay. I had immense fun in the Lorraine once I figured out how to do that. Doesn't work all the time, but when you get in the right situation, you can really wreck shop. (like the one time I took out a lightly damaged T110E5 because he was alone and I had a full magazine. Circle of French death...)
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ponger:
Well, I've downloaded the game and keep getting my ass kicked.  Is there any mo bedda tutorial than the one on the WOT game?

For example I think I bought HP shells but don't see them in my complement of firepower in a tank.
View Quote

Which tank are you playing in?

AP and HEAT/APCR are penetrative rounds. They're designed to do straight up damage to enemies.

HE is normally not a good idea to shoot at enemies unless your tank is one with HESH or designed to use HE. There are occasionally a situation where you'll want to use HE because it's funny, But otherwise, stick to AP or HEAT/APCR.

To load them onto your tank, click on the "Service" button and load up your various rounds.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Any thoughts on the Skorpion G?  

Really shouldn't right now but pretty tempted likely wait till last day if I do.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Heck, I play any tank available.  Once I get killed in one, I go to the garage and pick another and head out to another battle.
Don't the rounds you buy apply to any tank?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Heck, I play any tank available.  Once I get killed in one, I go to the garage and pick another and head out to another battle.Don't the rounds you buy apply to any tank?
View Quote

Do the rounds you buy for your 223 AR15 apply to your 308 M14?

Each individual tank has its own gun, modules, crew, research, and ammo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Heck, I play any tank available.  Once I get killed in one, I go to the garage and pick another and head out to another battle.Don't the rounds you buy apply to any tank?

are you kidding me turbo?  is that what is holding me  back?  I have to use diff ammo?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

I see your point but I selected the multiple use option.  But even for the tank displayed in the garage it doesn't show up.  Apparently there's a two step process, buy the stuff then load it.  How do you load it on the tank?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#39]

I see your point but I selected the multiple use option.  But even for the tank displayed in the garage it doesn't show up.  Apparently there's a two step process, buy the stuff then load it.  How do you load it on the tank?  
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:08:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kar98k] [#40]
What was today's micro-update?
I
see your point but I selected the multiple use option.  But even for
the tank displayed in the garage it doesn't show up.  Apparently there's
a two step process, buy the stuff then load it.  How do you load it on
the tank?  
View Quote

When you SERVICE your tank you have the option of
automatically purchasing replacement ammo.  Then ammo is automatically
purchased at the end of each battle and placed in your tank's magazine.
You
can also purchase ammo by clicking the ARMORY tab at the top center of
the garage.  A menu will pop up and you can then use the options on the
left to buy whatever might be available for your tanks from the STORE
tab.  
Ammo purchased from the Armory is placed in your depot.  
You can see how many rounds are in depot by either clicking your tank's
service button or by going to Armory and choosing the DEPOT tab.

To load other equipment, there are a series of icons below the SERVICE and EXTERIOR buttons towards the bottom of your screen in the garage.

The 1st 5 buttons show what modules are mounted on the tank.

The next 3 icons show what equipment is mounted on the tank.

The next 3 icons show what ammo is mounted on the tank (or ammo types available).

The final 3 icons show what consumables are mounted on the tank.

To load or change any of these things, click on the appropriate icons.

To change ammo or use consumables in battle, they are listed at the bottom of the battle screen - and numbered from 1-6.  Use the number for the item you want changed... for example to change from AP to HEAT it usually means pressing the 2 key.  To switch back, press the 1 key.

To use the repair function, you press the appropriate key, then press the appropriate option.  For example, if I am tracked and my repair kit is in slot 5, I simply press 5, then 5 again, as repair tracks is the 5th repair option.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:31:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oscardeuce] [#41]
Sorry to the fellow arfcomer I just killed in his arty
Red goat
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By oscardeuce:

Red goat
View Quote
He still lives!. He quit arfcom

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Red goat

I miss my TRG.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

fuckin tryhards
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
I miss my TRG.
View All Quotes

Red goat

I miss my TRG.
Yup. He is a pretty cool dude. Too bad he took his ball and went home.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Red goat

I miss my TRG.

I did the same thing to MO.

One day I was all like, yo dudes, then I was all like FUCK YALL BITCHES IM'OUT.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Red goat

I miss my TRG.

Had no idea you had left until turbo told me in TS like a week ago.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

I really liked MO. Tons of super good dudes. Probably the best clan I've ever been in.

I just burned some bridges with leadership over their handling of a few things, and it was time to bail.

I have nothing bad to say about them, though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By tyman:
fuckin tryhards
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tyman:

fuckin tryhards
I just enjoy the tears when people see they are not only getting hit by arty but with arty gold rounds.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By raizer:

are you kidding me turbo?  is that what is holding me  back?  I have to use diff ammo?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By raizer:

Damn right.

Start loading the 120mm APFSDS in your T1 Cunningham for best results. Shit is CASH!

Seriously, though, I'm kind of an HE junkie and fire it whenever I get the chance at targets I *KNOW* it will be devastating to, like Hellcats, French tanks, and Type 64's if they're close and I can afford to. Meaning I have enough health to safely pull off a scam for the lulz. I beaned a 50-100 in my VK2801 with an HE shell right up the pooper for 550 the other night and homeboy was *NOT* okay with it and called me a SIMP cheater for bringing an OP tank into that stronghold battle... A tier 8 battle.

Until you're at about tier 6, unless you're firing a derp cannon, you shouldn't be using HE. Just use AP or gold rounds.
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top