Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 696
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought the M44 today. This poor Type 64 never saw it coming. Hit him on the run too.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
You on the t55 missions?

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
You on the t55 missions?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
You on the t55 missions?  

Shit no. Still on the Stug missions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Saxplayer:

View All Quotes

You on the t55 missions?  

Lol. Oh ok. It's been so long since I played that mission I forgot it was a stug one.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol. Oh ok. It's been so long since I played that mission I forgot it was a stug one.  
View All Quotes
You on the t55 missions?  

I got tired of having arty ruin my day, so I decided if I couldn't beat them, join them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quack!

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]

I got tired of having arty ruin my day, so I decided if I couldn't beat them, join them.
View All Quotes

You on the t55 missions?  

Yeah. That's why I got the s51. It's not an easy arty to play, at all. However, with the arty aim assist mod it makes it enjoyable. Especially one shotting tier 10's. Yep, much balance there

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#8]

M44 is epic, try the heat on that bad boy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're on a mission to kill heavies today is the day to do it. IN the T29 numerous games with 4-5 A45's on the enemy team with zero skill at all.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
was a good week end !

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#11]
After another brutal weekend:

Two games in a row---advance on enemy, get hull down, figure I know where they will pop up--my fully aimed shot at a completely surprised target goes 90 degrees left out of my barrel and flies to parts unknown--enemy then proceeds to shoot me back and TAKES MY GUN both times......One of these, I am in a T29, and get criticaled by a Chi-?; other is in an E75, and get it from a FV 201; we lost both games as well,,,,,It really does seem that certain aspects of this game are decided before it even starts,,
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bologna:

View All Quotes

Oh I have. I bonked a KV5 for 750 with a heater. He was not amused.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#13]

A lot of us have had a run in with a played named "Puppykisses". This dude has a list of folks he will TK for any number of reasons.
I know I'm on his list.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TONTO44:
I had an "interesting' game last night.  I was in my GW Panther. we were defending on Sand River, attack.  

Coming from the east there were 3 FV201 & a 4th tank.  We were weak on that side & 2 TDs had them pinned down & I was pounding them badly.  When all of a sudden as I was about to fire with all 3 FVs lined up next to each other (I just knew I would hit at least 2 of them)...I was bumped when I fired & missed.  Turns out an E8 on our team hit me.  An accident I thought?  Maybe.  No.  For the the next 5 minutes or so, he continued to ram me repeatedly, shoot my track etc, as I was trying to help out the east.  In chat, I asked him to stop, he wouldn't.  He basically laughed.  He continued & eventually turned blue from the damage he did to me. So I called for help, asking someone to kill him, since he was able to avoid my gun...a tank came to my aid & killed him.  He was pissed...calling it bullshit etc...

It's a small POS clan "TSCC"  Link  The asshole was their recruiter, adamsmithy.  

The in-game reporting doesn't do shit, IMHO, for cases like this.
He's on my kill on site list...doesn't matter what side he's on.  His clan too, since he said his clan is a small group of friends & that's how they play.

Any of you guys come across assholes like this lately?

A lot of us have had a run in with a played named "Puppykisses". This dude has a list of folks he will TK for any number of reasons.
I know I'm on his list.

YES.  That is the guy I will kill on sight.  I am at 15,000 games and have come across more than a few douches, but this guy is #1.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn FV201 A45's are shitting up all the games. Taking up a heavy slot where an actual useful heavy could be instead. Some guys are playing them right but most are bad players.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Exetik:
Damn FV201 A45's are shitting up all the games. Taking up a heavy slot where an actual useful heavy could be instead. Some guys are playing them right but most are bad players.
View Quote

Hey, my M44 loves them all the same. HE for the win,
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

I have farmed a ton of damage off of them. Just sucks when there's a platoon of 3 tomatoes all driving them and they just sit there with their side/rear exposed to the enemy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#17]

I have farmed a ton of damage off of them. Just sucks when there's a platoon of 3 tomatoes all driving them and they just sit there with their side/rear exposed to the enemy.
View All Quotes

Kv2 loves these new tanks. Have rolled two of them for 890+. Lol

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Don't kid yourself.  Those people wouldn't be useful in another heavy, either.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#19]
From the A45's I've seen today I'm glad I didn't put any effort into getting it. Apparently it has zero armor including the turret and no penetration either.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FeebMaster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FeebMaster:

So true. Nothing worse than loading into a match and seeing our top tier heavies are complete tomatoes and the enemy team has green/blue players for their top heavies. Don't always lose but a lot of the time we do.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:27:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Exetik] [#21]
Originally Posted By NathanL:
From the A45's I've seen today I'm glad I didn't put any effort into getting it. Apparently it has zero armor including the turret and no penetration either.  
View Quote

It actually has decent armor on the turret (152mm front) and upper plate (mostly due to the angle). I have bounced quite a few shots off of them when a good player is angling them properly. It's definitely a support heavy like most of the other British heavy tanks. Out in the wild alone and with no support they melt pretty quick. They are quite large and the side armor is pretty bad. But I was on a team with a platoon of 3 (green/blue players) and they all tore through the enemy. Reload is pretty quick on them and a lot of people don't expect that. I did grind the keys as WG made it really easy to do and I just paid for the license. No way was I going to grind 200k XP and 200 kills in one. I got one because I like having premium tanks and I someday may want to go down the British heavy line (GASP!) and it is a much better crew trainer than the TOG II.

On another topic, Sax inspired me to play the T20 again. I started the grind awhile back but did not finish it. Unlocked the Pershing tonight. Aced the T20 along the way and earned a MoE for it. If I played more games in it I could easily earn 2 MoE's as I am currently at 72% (of 85%) for the second mark but I may move onto the Pershing. The T20 is hands down the best tier 7 medium imo.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#22]

It actually has decent armor on the turret and upper plate (mostly due to the angle). I have bounced quite a few shots off of them when a good player is angling them properly. It's definitely a support heavy. Out in the wild alone and with no support they melt pretty quick. They are quite large and the side armor is pretty bad. But I was on a team with a platoon of 3 (green/blue players) and they all tore through the enemy. Reload is pretty quick on them. I did grind the keys as WG made it really easy to do and I just paid for the license. No way was I going to grind 200k XP and 200 kills in one. I got one because I like having premium tanks and I someday may want to go down the British heavy line (GASP!) and it is a much better trainer than the TOG II.

View All Quotes

It actually has decent armor on the turret and upper plate (mostly due to the angle). I have bounced quite a few shots off of them when a good player is angling them properly. It's definitely a support heavy. Out in the wild alone and with no support they melt pretty quick. They are quite large and the side armor is pretty bad. But I was on a team with a platoon of 3 (green/blue players) and they all tore through the enemy. Reload is pretty quick on them. I did grind the keys as WG made it really easy to do and I just paid for the license. No way was I going to grind 200k XP and 200 kills in one. I got one because I like having premium tanks and I someday may want to go down the British heavy line (GASP!) and it is a much better trainer than the TOG II.

The gun isn't particularly accurate, but my reload is around 3.7 with rammer.  It was 3.6 with vents, but I swapped them out for optics after a few frustrating games earlier today.
I doubt I'll grind out the mission, but I'll probably end up buying it.  
I already have a favorite memory that will never be topped in it, though.  Last night, some guy in a Caernarvon said something like "A45 mini-me" at the start of the match.   Caught him as he was cresting the hill in Prokhorovka.  Aimed for his lower plate and vaporized him.  He was pretty good-natured about it. lol

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I have one in the garage for X days. Didn't even look at it since I have zero crew to put in it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#24]
E75 game tonight about par for the course.

4k damage. Took 20 hits, only 5 penetrated, 6900 damage blocked.

I was the only person on my team to do more than 950 damage. Loss to no suprise in a 23% game.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:22:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Remind me to not play on a Sunday. Got a handful of decent games, 90% were trash teams with me being one of the last few until I am swarmed.

Good stats, but I would much prefer to win and have decent stats.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:
Remind me to not play on a Sunday. Got a handful of decent games, 90% were trash teams with me being one of the last few until I am swarmed.

Good stats, but I would much prefer to win and have decent stats.
View Quote

I played 50 odd battles with a 60% win rate. My Wn8 is a different story, but I was playing arty for most of those games.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:38:56 AM EDT
[#27]

gonna be glad when this whole event is over with, all it's doing is causing the idiots to flock in every day for a "free" tank

one shitty team after another since the 9.9 update - I'm now at 40% win rate and down to 1620 WN8 over the 7 days

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:48:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#28]
I can haz T28 concept nao? I swear they made the missions a little bit easier. Did my last 7 heavy missions last night. Picked up ace tanker in the E100 on HT15.

Numbers didn't take much of a beating this weekend either.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By kar98k:

gonna be glad when this whole event is over with, all it's doing is causing the idiots to flock in every day for a "free" tank

one shitty team after another since the 9.9 update - I'm now at 40% win rate and down to 1620 WN8 over the 7 days

View Quote

since 9.9 dropped.....

69.29% wr
2907 wn8

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#30]
My weekend of tanks wasn't entirely terrible.  I ran scouts to finish the LT stuff (haven't played since the individual missions were started), so I'm catching up on all this stuff.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Did everyone get the survey? Seems they are worried War Thunder Is Hurting Them. Also their answer choices seem to act as if mm is still balanced lol. Heads in sand
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I can haz T28 concept nao? I swear they made the missions a little bit easier. Did my last 7 heavy missions last night. Picked up ace tanker in the E100 on HT15.

Numbers didn't take much of a beating this weekend either. http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/Joecoastie_/signature.png

View Quote

What other missions do you have to do?

And I keep running into you GSC guys, but I make sure they know how gay you really are.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#33]

Originally Posted By Turboguy:

And I keep running into you GSC guys, but I make sure they know how gay you really are.
View All Quotes

Numbers didn't take much of a beating this weekend either. http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/Joecoastie_/signature.png

None, all done. Finished them in something like two weeks. I did 7 or 8 heavy missions last night. Lol. Now, to finish my cent 7/1 crew or just plug them into the Leo pta.

That's OK about the gay thing. I do the same when I see your boys. Especially vodeen but I'm not telling him anything he doesn't already know
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought the new japanese heavy and got my ass kicked all weekend lol.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
It's pretty terrible

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Like most Japanese tanks, that one hates HE.
That being said, I have Hulk smashed several in my M44.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm not really sure what I could have done differently at the end there. Pointers are welcome.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2045385#self
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:29:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bologna] [#38]
It's pretty terrible  
View All Quotes

It's pretty terrible  

I think I just suck at heavies.  Edit: thing has good view range though , was getting spotting damage every game.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#39]
If they are going to have reward tanks they either need to make it harder or space it out when you get them. At tier 7 thru 9 now is 1/3 A45's who have no clue.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#40]
If they are going to have reward tanks they either need to make it harder or space it out when you get them. At tier 7 thru 9 now is 1/3 A45's who have no clue.
View Quote

Yeah, but it's glorious running an RHM with the 15cm gun or running the T49 and blowing them to kingdom come
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm not really sure what I could have done differently at the end there. Pointers are welcome.

<a href="http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/joecoastie99/media/shot_005_zpsvv9s1fix.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg538/joecoastie99/shot_005_zpsvv9s1fix.jpg</a>

View Quote

Crane Kick.

I hear that is a surefire way to take care of the CobraKae!

(If you didn't catch this, you need to watch more Karate Kid.)
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quack!

http://i.imgur.com/hyCSenH.jpg
View Quote

LOL

That us such a horrible tank... not to take anything away from what you did but what is the damage threshold for Ace?
Two penetrating shots ?

WOW I hated that tank..

Good Job though

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Its sad when two tier 6's are top damage and experience in a tier 8 battle. Damn near got SPG 15 completed too.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Crane Kick.

View All Quotes

<a href="http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/joecoastie99/media/shot_005_zpsvv9s1fix.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg538/joecoastie99/shot_005_zpsvv9s1fix.jpg</a>

Crane Kick.

Yeah, totally swept my leg.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wav3form] [#45]
Joe (and others)... check out this OP T37 stronghold replay from the other day vs. Foxey.  

(Essentially me being in the right place at the right time)

http://wotreplays.com/site/2046226#mountain_pass-wav3form-t37
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Ain't shit you could have done other than not have a retarded team but that's not exactly under your control.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Exetik] [#48]
I wish arty being able to 1 shot full health tanks would go away. Totally ruins the game.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
I got an invite to fill out a questionnaire about WOT.  I filled it out and gave them grief about nerfing my Premium tanks.

I bet they will lose sleep because of the thrashing I gave them.

View Quote

Yup. I gave them shit about a great many things as well.

Chief amongst them was the accuracy nerf. They wonder why people spam gold? Could it be because they've all but removed aiming at specific weak points and people are just trying to score hits that will penetrate?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Chief amongst them was the accuracy nerf. They wonder why people spam gold? Could it be because they've all but removed aiming at specific weak points and people are just trying to score hits that will penetrate?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
I got an invite to fill out a questionnaire about WOT.  I filled it out and gave them grief about nerfing my Premium tanks.

I bet they will lose sleep because of the thrashing I gave them.

I got the invite for the survey and gave them an ear full too.  Between Matchmaker and the nerf to accuracy I am about to say screw WOT.  I was in my Tiger I tank and it took 5 shots to hit a FV201 and then it was a critical hit with no damage.  I am like WTF since I was only about 200 yards away.  That just isn't right.  I can't even describe how bad the accuracy is on my T-34 now and my T-37 can't pen anything now either even with it's low damage gun.
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top