BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't believe that you can use EBT cards to buy weed, or even use EBT cards to get money out of an ATM. I don't believe that for a second.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do you hate capitalism?

I didn't realize Colorado taxing my income and then giving it to shithawks on welfare to buy weed with EBT cards at ATMs was capitalism.

I don't believe that you can use EBT cards to buy weed, or even use EBT cards to get money out of an ATM. I don't believe that for a second.

EBT with cash option. Also, edible dope could easily be run through on an EBT if a vendor plays his cards wrongly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yes, but it still was successfully amended to do so. There is a precedent. The Constitution absolutely can, and has granted the government the power to regulate what you can buy.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying there's a precedent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your failure is the assumption that the Constitution gives the federal government the power to dictate what anyone consumes or purchases.

The eighteenth amendment was law for thirteen years. The Constitution absolutely gives the federal government the power to dictate what people can purchase. Whether or not it's morally right to do so is a different matter entirely.

Thanks, Washington.

No it does not, which is why the Constitution had to be AMENDED to have prohibition. This salient fact is now often forgotten and ignored.

Yes, but it still was successfully amended to do so. There is a precedent. The Constitution absolutely can, and has granted the government the power to regulate what you can buy.

Right. And that precident is the amendment process. Legally, one has to change the Constitution through amendment to do things that document does not expressly allow. This principle is ignored, but it is the true lawful principle.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Holy shit.   I posted that as an outrageous example to jar people out of the familiar (and wrong) pattern of thinking.

I did not expect anyone to say "Yeah!  That's right!  They absolutely can!"

Jesus christ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show us in the constitution where having children is a protected right.

It's not.  But bearing arms is a protected right.

Congress could pass a law restricting your family to one child just like China, and there would be little constitutional grounds to overturn it.

Holy shit.   I posted that as an outrageous example to jar people out of the familiar (and wrong) pattern of thinking.

Jesus christ.

More of those "small gov. conservatives" you always hear about.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Marijuana being illegal is fucking stupid to begin with, ALL politicians are fucking lying bastards, nothing new. Fuck 'em all.

View Quote

Because legal drugs and a welfare state are awesome.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup. Teen MJ use is down, even in the face of so much legalization....but don't let facts get in the way of the Reefer Madness hysteria.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/12/16/teen-marijuana-use-falls-as-more-states-legalize/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never said I don't want anyone else to have it. One of my problems is that when my son was in middle school here in Texas, there were 7th graders smoking that shit on campus. This is in an non legalized state. Imagine how easy it is for them to get in CO, CA, WA, etc.... It the irresponsibility of those that get it "legally", and there is a verifiable increase in the number of kids that have "access" to it now, that didn't before. Also, the medical MJ is too easy to get in those states, and there are many cases where there are no real medical issues that can be diagnosed by legitimate health care professionals in order to obtain a license to legally buy. I know this because I have a friend that is a doctor in California, and he has related to me the shear magnitude of "patients" that are seeking an MJ card. This is one Doctor in the Bay Area, and he says it's so widespread that it is a common joke amongst his peers. Also in these states possession outside the home is often treated like spitting on the sidewalk. I won't even discuss the issues with Law Enforcement.

I'm all for what you do in your home is your business, but that is just the problem, they aren't just doing it in their homes. They are using and driving at rates so high, that they are quickly approaching the numbers of DUI's with alcohol. Give it another 5-10 years and you'll see it isn't as benign as you think. I'm no choir boy, when I was younger it's not like I ignored it.

I have been treated with medications like Fentanyl, and Oxycodone in the past for traumatic injuries, and the negative effects of those drugs far surpass those of marijuana. The pharmaceutical grade marijuana is much more effective, and with lower side effects than prescription pain medications. I personally believe that the strains of MJ that are available should be used instead of high grade opiates, and that's the rub. I'm torn because I know it's more medically effective, but I also know it will be abused way more than prescribed opiates, as well as I know it is truly a gateway drug for those with addictive tendencies. Like many of you, I'm not ignorant to this very complicated issue. I'm smack dab in the middle of it. Having kids complicates my thoughts on legalization. I'm not worried they will use, we've done a great job of informing them about drugs. But, that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the fact that many other parents face the same fears I've had as a parent. By all means legalize it, but the penalties for those that "legally" obtain it, and then misuse, sell, or allow minor access to it needs to be increased. If it isn't taken more seriously we are going to have a generation of potheads further fuck this country up. Then we won't just have to worry about corrupt and self important politicians, we'll have a bunch of school age druggies in line to destabilize what our forefather's fought and died to build.

TLDR, I know. But, I won't stand accused of being one-sided in regards to this issue. If you don't harness at least a modicum of concern, you might not be on the right side of this matter. I believe in liberty, but not at the expense or detriment of our great Country. Prohibition was a farce, and maybe so is this, but it's a very slippery slope that needs more regulation than a bottle of Jack.
Tons of people already are driving high as a kite and have been for a very long time.  I also don't buy that kids are getting it easier.  It would take a lot to convince me that the source wasn't an anti freedom hit piece where the author just made shit up.  Are you worried that a generation of drunks is going to fuck this country up or is MJ the only drug that worries you?  

Yup. Teen MJ use is down, even in the face of so much legalization....but don't let facts get in the way of the Reefer Madness hysteria.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/12/16/teen-marijuana-use-falls-as-more-states-legalize/

Don't take my word for it, ask any *school resource officer, these "crimes" often do not get reported with regular crime statistics, because they use arbitration between the school, parents, and drug & alcohol counselors. But, what do I know, I'm just a 2012'er. Almost every single source quoting teen use is down, gets their statistics from pro legalization sources. Remember legalization is a left wing ideology, so all of you so called Conservatives & Libertarians are using Liberal sources for your talking points. Almost every single website that states teenage use is down after legalization is using the same talking points from the same websites that the source material originated from. You are being duped into thinking teen use is down, because the Liberal agenda wants you to think that legalization works. They want the U.S. public, submissive, stoned, and craving more of these kind of "freedoms". Why do you think the FSA can use ATM's within these "pot clinics" to withdraw cash for pot. I thought you guys were original thinkers, you seem to be Libertarians with a Liberal mindset on some matters of "individual freedom". Watch out, this is how they get you, legalize the things you hold harmless.

*Let me clarify, ask any SRO that isn't a burnout, fat f8ck, pussy hound, that is actually proactive in that school. In Round Rock they built an entire brand new high school called "Success" at a $25 million dollar initial cost, it is an Alternative education center. Has anyone noticed a trend in these type of schools? Success high school has a 55% retention rate, that is one out of every two students leave after the first semester, I wonder what these scholars are doing when they leave.

In Colorado they have online high schools, alternative high schools, and high schools for older students. This is an uptake, trending towards these programs have increased for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Right. And that precident is the amendment process. Legally, one has to change the Constitution through amendment to do things that document does not expressly allow. This principle is ignored, but it is the true lawful principle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your failure is the assumption that the Constitution gives the federal government the power to dictate what anyone consumes or purchases.

The eighteenth amendment was law for thirteen years. The Constitution absolutely gives the federal government the power to dictate what people can purchase. Whether or not it's morally right to do so is a different matter entirely.

Thanks, Washington.

No it does not, which is why the Constitution had to be AMENDED to have prohibition. This salient fact is now often forgotten and ignored.

Okay. I apologize. I understood your statement to mean that the Constitution doesn't have the ability to grant the Government the ability to restrict what a civilian can buy.

Hope you understood why I thought that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh, you Republican hypocrite fuckwads. That big, out of control Federal Government is a bad thing, until you can swing it like a weapon when another state does something you don't like, within their own borders. It's rare I truly side with the liberals, but right here is some weapons-grade bullshit from the conservatives. Has either of these states ever proposed a "fuck you" over Federal gun grabbing? Me thinks they probably have on that, or some other issue.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2014/12/18/us--marijuana-lawsuit.html

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska and Oklahoma are asking the U.S. Supreme Court to declare Colorado's legalization of marijuana unconstitutional.Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning announced Thursday that the states are seeking a court order to prevent Colorado from enforcing a measure that was approved by voters in 2012. Bruning says Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt is also a party to the lawsuit.

The complaint alleges that Colorado's Amendment 64 runs afoul of federal law.
View Quote

View Quote

Good.  As a Coloradoan I how they get the law overturned.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Actually, we're not sure anybody or anything lives past Grand Island!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The sob stories from all the western NE sheriffs have been hilarious
guess they can dry their tears with new MRAPs or something

Haven't heard anything out of my county.

It's not like anyone west of Grand Island has any pull in Lincoln. Unicameral setup sucks.

Actually, we're not sure anybody or anything lives past Grand Island!

Just lots of cows and a few people were I'm at. I'd love to see a Nebraska with a bicameral system, a state senator for each county, and state representatives based off population.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do you hate capitalism?

I didn't realize Colorado taxing my income and then giving it to shithawks on welfare to buy weed with EBT cards at ATMs was capitalism.

Must not get out much. EBT fraud is huge. People use SNAP cards all the time to buy booze and smokes. The store owners are complacent in it. Is it illegal, yes, is it rampant, definitely.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Okay. I apologize. I understood your statement to mean that the Constitution doesn't have the ability to grant the Government the ability to restrict what a civilian can buy.

Hope you understood why I thought that.
View Quote

The Constitution could allow the execution of every other citizen if it was amended as such. Until then, it would be unConstitutional.

"Re-interpretation" of the Constitution to get the powers one wants is not Constitutional. One has to change the law through the established amendment process to legally achieve that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
It'll be interesting to watch.

On the one hand, Colorado legalized an illegal drug, allows its purchase with taxpayer money (EBT), and is contributing to violation of neighboring state's laws by selling to people from out-of-state, and the situation only exists because the fedgov isn't enforcing fedgov laws in Colorado.  Colorado is flaunting federal law, and the feds are ignoring it.

One could compare it to Bloomberg going after gun sellers in other states - but the thing is the other states aren't in violation of any law in those cases.

Here, CO is in violation of federal drug law (regardless of one's love for bud or hate for reefer).

NE and OK are calling CO and more importantly the fedgov on their bullshit.  If the 10th applies, then NE and OK will enforce their laws, and CO will enforce theirs, and they'll have to learn to get along.  It'd mean the fedgov drug laws are invalid, along with plenty of other laws that the fedgov is selectively not enforcing.

If the 10th is ruled not to apply - like how Firearms Freedom Acts have been rendered meaningless challenges that would result in the ATF shooting your whole family - then we get rule of law, even if it's law some folks don't like.  That also means we won't have selective enforcement according to what party is in charge and what they feel like - because it's important to remember the CO only has pot because the DEA is being told not to enforce the law.  Pot and circuses and all that.  It'll also mean that CO can sue the fedgov for stepping on its state's rights and get a clear ruling rather than just ignoring laws they don't feel like - which probably would come down in CO's favor anyway.

The gnashing of teeth about conservatives telling Big Government to do it's job one way or the other is totally missing the point.  The feds are selectively enforcing the law.

If WI was suing IL for being a sanctuary state for illegal alien criminals who run back and forth from Milwaukee into Chicago and demanding that the fedgov do their job and deport them rather than ignore the law, no one would be screaming "oh noes the Republicans are just lying big government fascists who want to take away your gardener".  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The neighbor down the road scrapped his old single-wide and sold his three acres of land, packed up his truck and struck out for CO when they legalized it. He is also a registered sex offender (lewd acts <16) and there was a court order he couldn't walk down the road farther than his land because he got busted playing peeping tom one night. He had several weed arrests for possession and growing but he and his wife's main occupation was scamming EBT, unemployment and disability.

Like moths to a flame, thanks CO for illuminating the bat light, the neighborhood is much happier here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, congrats.

You're not one of the Colorado taxpayers who are seeing their tax money get spent on EBT cards that are used at ATMs outside of weed shops.

Free weed with EBT has brought over such a fine class of hard working people into this state, and I can bet what party they'll vote for.

The neighbor down the road scrapped his old single-wide and sold his three acres of land, packed up his truck and struck out for CO when they legalized it. He is also a registered sex offender (lewd acts <16) and there was a court order he couldn't walk down the road farther than his land because he got busted playing peeping tom one night. He had several weed arrests for possession and growing but he and his wife's main occupation was scamming EBT, unemployment and disability.

Like moths to a flame, thanks CO for illuminating the bat light, the neighborhood is much happier here.

HAHA the bat light.  That's a good one.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congress could pass a law restricting your family to one child just like China, and there would be little constitutional grounds to overturn it.

Maybe it was a bad example, but I am just tired of people claiming everything is a constitutional right, whether it is or not.  

Like the Democrats claiming healthcare or welfare is a constitutional right.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Maybe it was a bad example, but I am just tired of people claiming everything is a constitutional right, whether it is or not.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because Democrats think "Right to" = "Free shit", which if they applied that theory consistently would mean we should get free/subsidized guns for our RKBA.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

On the one hand, Colorado legalized an illegal drug, allows its purchase with taxpayer money (EBT), and is contributing to violation of neighboring state's laws by selling to people from out-of-state, and the situation only exists because the fedgov isn't enforcing fedgov laws in Colorado.  Colorado is flaunting federal law, and the feds are ignoring it.

One could compare it to Bloomberg going after gun sellers in other states - but the thing is the other states aren't in violation of any law in those cases.

Here, CO is in violation of federal drug law (regardless of one's love for bud or hate for reefer).

NE and OK are calling CO and more importantly the fedgov on their bullshit.  If the 10th applies, then NE and OK will enforce their laws, and CO will enforce theirs, and they'll have to learn to get along.  It'd mean the fedgov drug laws are invalid, along with plenty of other laws that the fedgov is selectively not enforcing.

If the 10th is ruled not to apply - like how Firearms Freedom Acts have been rendered meaningless challenges that would result in the ATF shooting your whole family - then we get rule of law, even if it's law some folks don't like.  That also means we won't have selective enforcement according to what party is in charge and what they feel like - because it's important to remember the CO only has pot because the DEA is being told not to enforce the law.  Pot and circuses and all that.  It'll also mean that CO can sue the fedgov for stepping on its state's rights and get a clear ruling rather than just ignoring laws they don't feel like - which probably would come down in CO's favor anyway.

The gnashing of teeth about conservatives telling Big Government to do it's job one way or the other is totally missing the point.  The feds are selectively enforcing the law.

If WI was suing IL for being a sanctuary state for illegal alien criminals who run back and forth from Milwaukee into Chicago and demanding that the fedgov do their job and deport them rather than ignore the law, no one would be screaming "oh noes the Republicans are just lying big government fascists who want to take away your gardener".  
View Quote
No.  That's a bullshit twisting of the facts on par with "the gunshow loophole."  The real issue is people wanting to ban ATMs in the pot shops.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like it or not, the ninth amendment really exists.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Marijuana being illegal is fucking stupid to begin with, ALL politicians are fucking lying bastards, nothing new. Fuck 'em all.

Yes legal drugs are awesome.  Incredibly awesome.  Why would people being free to enjoy what they want instead of going to prison be a bad thing.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oh, you Republican hypocrite fuckwads. That big, out of control Federal Government is a bad thing, until you can swing it like a weapon when another state does something you don't like, within their own borders. It's rare I truly side with the liberals, but right here is some weapons-grade bullshit from the conservatives. Has either of these states ever proposed a "fuck you" over Federal gun grabbing? Me thinks they probably have on that, or some other issue.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2014/12/18/us--marijuana-lawsuit.html

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska and Oklahoma are asking the U.S. Supreme Court to declare Colorado's legalization of marijuana unconstitutional.Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning announced Thursday that the states are seeking a court order to prevent Colorado from enforcing a measure that was approved by voters in 2012. Bruning says Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt is also a party to the lawsuit.

The complaint alleges that Colorado's Amendment 64 runs afoul of federal law.
View Quote

View Quote

Why do they hate Freedom in Oklahoma and Nebraska?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Don't take my word for it, ask any *school resource officer, these "crimes" often do not get reported with regular crime statistics, because they use arbitration between the school, parents, and drug & alcohol counselors. But, what do I know, I'm just a 2012'er. Almost every single source quoting teen use is down, gets their statistics from pro legalization sources. Remember legalization is a left wing ideology, so all of you so called Conservatives & Libertarians are using Liberal sources for your talking points. Almost every single website that states teenage use is down after legalization is using the same talking points from the same websites that the source material originated from. You are being duped into thinking teen use is down, because the Liberal agenda wants you to think that legalization works. They want the U.S. public, submissive, stoned, and craving more of these kind of "freedoms". Why do you think the FSA can use ATM's within these "pot clinics" to withdraw cash for pot. I thought you guys were original thinkers, you seem to be Libertarians with a Liberal mindset on some matters of "individual freedom". Watch out, this is how they get you, legalize the things you hold harmless.

*Let me clarify, ask any SRO that isn't a burnout, fat f8ck, pussy hound, that is actually proactive in that school. In Round Rock they built an entire brand new high school called "Success" at a $25 million dollar initial cost, it is an Alternative education center. Has anyone noticed a trend in these type of schools? Success high school has a 55% retention rate, that is one out of every two students leave after the first semester, I wonder what these scholars are doing when they leave.

In Colorado they have online high schools, alternative high schools, and high schools for older students. This is an uptake, trending towards these programs have increased for a reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never said I don't want anyone else to have it. One of my problems is that when my son was in middle school here in Texas, there were 7th graders smoking that shit on campus. This is in an non legalized state. Imagine how easy it is for them to get in CO, CA, WA, etc.... It the irresponsibility of those that get it "legally", and there is a verifiable increase in the number of kids that have "access" to it now, that didn't before. Also, the medical MJ is too easy to get in those states, and there are many cases where there are no real medical issues that can be diagnosed by legitimate health care professionals in order to obtain a license to legally buy. I know this because I have a friend that is a doctor in California, and he has related to me the shear magnitude of "patients" that are seeking an MJ card. This is one Doctor in the Bay Area, and he says it's so widespread that it is a common joke amongst his peers. Also in these states possession outside the home is often treated like spitting on the sidewalk. I won't even discuss the issues with Law Enforcement.

I'm all for what you do in your home is your business, but that is just the problem, they aren't just doing it in their homes. They are using and driving at rates so high, that they are quickly approaching the numbers of DUI's with alcohol. Give it another 5-10 years and you'll see it isn't as benign as you think. I'm no choir boy, when I was younger it's not like I ignored it.

I have been treated with medications like Fentanyl, and Oxycodone in the past for traumatic injuries, and the negative effects of those drugs far surpass those of marijuana. The pharmaceutical grade marijuana is much more effective, and with lower side effects than prescription pain medications. I personally believe that the strains of MJ that are available should be used instead of high grade opiates, and that's the rub. I'm torn because I know it's more medically effective, but I also know it will be abused way more than prescribed opiates, as well as I know it is truly a gateway drug for those with addictive tendencies. Like many of you, I'm not ignorant to this very complicated issue. I'm smack dab in the middle of it. Having kids complicates my thoughts on legalization. I'm not worried they will use, we've done a great job of informing them about drugs. But, that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the fact that many other parents face the same fears I've had as a parent. By all means legalize it, but the penalties for those that "legally" obtain it, and then misuse, sell, or allow minor access to it needs to be increased. If it isn't taken more seriously we are going to have a generation of potheads further fuck this country up. Then we won't just have to worry about corrupt and self important politicians, we'll have a bunch of school age druggies in line to destabilize what our forefather's fought and died to build.

TLDR, I know. But, I won't stand accused of being one-sided in regards to this issue. If you don't harness at least a modicum of concern, you might not be on the right side of this matter. I believe in liberty, but not at the expense or detriment of our great Country. Prohibition was a farce, and maybe so is this, but it's a very slippery slope that needs more regulation than a bottle of Jack.
Tons of people already are driving high as a kite and have been for a very long time.  I also don't buy that kids are getting it easier.  It would take a lot to convince me that the source wasn't an anti freedom hit piece where the author just made shit up.  Are you worried that a generation of drunks is going to fuck this country up or is MJ the only drug that worries you?  

I don't care what ideology it is.  I love freedom.  A source being a pro legalization source is irrelevant.  Using that logic anything pro gun isnt to be trusted becasue its pro gun and therefore biased.  If the facts, reasoning and character of the source can be backed up it doesn't matter what the source is and what they believe.  Why are you putting freedoms is parenthesis?  What is wrong with craving more freedom?  What is wrong about not wanting to face years in prison becasue you want to enjoy the taboo drug instead of the much much worse legal drug.   You seem really really upset over freedom.  You say things like "this is how they get you" and "they want you submissive and stoned".  Legalization worked before and it will work again.  You almost sound like a troofer like this devil weed legalization is a conspiracy against us of some kind.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#20]
You would think Nebraska would try and get Omaha to follow Nebraska State law before going outside it's borders
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No.  That's a bullshit twisting of the facts on par with "the gunshow loophole."  The real issue is people wanting to ban ATMs in the pot shops.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if sarcasm.

Like others in the thread have already said, there's a huge amount of fraud with the EBT/SNAP system.  It's incidental to the rest of it, it just serves as another factor that aggravates neighboring states - and goes to show that laws are being selectively left unenforced and rules are being ignored pretty much all around the pot business - that's why I added it.  In this case, it's welfare fraud going hand in hand with pot shops.

Pretty sure the real issue is people angry that the fedgov isn't enforcing laws uniformly and they either need to be enforced or repealed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's threads like these that make me believe that time travel has already been invented. There was a bunch of liberals that disguised themselves and traveled to the past as Anti-Federalists.

Seriously, fuck the Anti-Federalists. The destruction of this country was set the moment the BOR gutted an rewrote the USC. Fuck them and the Fabian Society.

I want everyone to try this; read the USC without the BOR and then start writing down everything that .gov does that is outside the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus christ.

It's threads like these that make me believe that time travel has already been invented. There was a bunch of liberals that disguised themselves and traveled to the past as Anti-Federalists.

Seriously, fuck the Anti-Federalists. The destruction of this country was set the moment the BOR gutted an rewrote the USC. Fuck them and the Fabian Society.

I want everyone to try this; read the USC without the BOR and then start writing down everything that .gov does that is outside the law.

the federalits were bigger statists than the anti federalists.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you want to talk about welfare?  The WOD is one big make works program for the drug warriors, prison guards, lawyers etc.  We would all be better off if those people were provideing services/goods that other people were willing ot freely pay for.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

freedom means freedom from coercion.  men w/ guns forcing you not to smoke weed, or stealing your property they find four plants groing in the back forty is the opposite of freedom.

obama care is also coercion.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You would think Nebraska would try and get Omaha to follow Nebraska State law before going outside it's borders
View Quote

LOL

Everyone west of Omaha (basically the whole state) is too scared and chicken shit to stand up to a 77 year old black man. I know Omaha has its liberal problems, but what is the excuse for the rest of the state? I think Nebraska as a whole just hates freedom.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

The hell they could.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

LOL

Everyone west of Omaha (basically the whole state) is too scared and chicken shit to stand up to a 77 year old black man. I know Omaha has its liberal problems, but what is the excuse for the rest of the state? I think Nebraska as a whole just hates freedom.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

That has been my observation
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

I disagree.  I think it's more a matter of most of the state doing fairly well for themselves and generally not being the type to become activists or get agitated.  I'd say it's roughly like how the whole nation puts up with BS from DC, but because it's incremental, and they're not rock-the-boat type people, they just don't.

ETA: I'd liken it to IL and Chicago as well.  And I do know quite a few Nebraskans.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Ernie be one dude

Hows mean jean doing ..... LMAO
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

freedom means freedom from coercion.  men w/ guns forcing you not to smoke weed, or stealing your property they find four plants groing in the back forty is the opposite of freedom.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep,the State is all about coercion-everything they do is backed by the threat of violence.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You just need to look at the unicameral districts to know what the issue is. Lincoln and Omaha have all the population. No one at the Unicameral gives two fucks about what people outside of those cities want. I love it when a Governor went to Grand Island and talked about being in 'Western Nebraska' 49 State Senators make up the Unicameral and 27 (55%) are directly in the Omaha or Lincoln metro areas. Include the outlying districts and it's even worse.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus christ.

And compared to our average "moderate" politician of today, the federalists were wide eyed radical libertarians.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Ernie be one dude

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

Ernie be one dude

Ernie is just one dude, but he sure seems to be effective.

Jean is better than the alternative, but she still hasn't gotten rid of Omaha's stupid hand gun registration.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

yeah, though very conservatieve in many respects, like family/church etc, much of the midwest is of the "progressive farmer" mentality, a real sense of civic resposibility and desire for "fairness" etc which lent itself to the new deal type way of thinking.  I guess it has something to do w/ the German and scandinavian majority that settled these places??
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You just need to look at the unicameral districts to know what the issue is. Lincoln and Omaha have all the population. No one at the Unicameral gives two fucks about what people outside of those cities want. I love it when a Governor went to Grand Island and talked about being in 'Western Nebraska' 49 State Senators make up the Unicameral and 27 (55%) are directly in the Omaha or Lincoln metro areas. Include the outlying districts and it's even worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

darn, I didn't realize it was that bad in NE too.   Simialr to Chicago w/ IL, STL & KC w/ MO, NYC w/ NY, SW Cal w/ the rest of Californa, and on and on.  I really wish cities could be more seperate w/ the rural areas w/ more autonomy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#37]
also, to the OP, I hae no idea why KS and NE are complying

think of all the extra federal grand money they get for drug arrests and all the cash siezier they get to do intercepting mules w/ money heading west.  You'd think they'd be happy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

No one west of Omaha is afraid of Ernie.  All of Omaha (and probably Lincoln) is afraid of Ernie.  You all are part of the problem.  You are entrenched in your political correct, trying to be big city, stupidity that you don't realize that it doesn't fucking matter.

Way to lead the state...Always one step behind on fucking everything.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:10:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Ernie is just one dude, but he sure seems to be effective.

Jean is better than the alternative, but she still hasn't gotten rid of Omaha's stupid hand gun registration.

View Quote

however I think  their registration is on its last legs and I think only another test case or two away from folding
The city has blinked in regards to out of state/town CCW holders having to register  and to their ban on non-citizen registration

but its hard to find people willing to fight as the city offers sweetheart plea deals on non registration arrests as they do not want it to go to court , and then give standing for someone to sue

Which Bruning ( I am no fan of the guy ) said he would back , but said he could not  go after Omaha on this one without someone with standing to sue

or the unicameral can pass a 3rd law telling Omaha they can't make their own firearms laws

FWIW Lincoln has registration too but there is no teeth to the law as far as an individual goes

they can only go after firearms dealers that do not comply

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:35:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, congrats.

You're not one of the Colorado taxpayers who are seeing their tax money get spent on EBT cards that are used at ATMs outside of weed shops.

Free weed with EBT has brought over such a fine class of hard working people into this state, and I can bet what party they'll vote for.

Does pot attract all sex offenders, or just black men to white women?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:54:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Nebraska and Oklahoma are full of meth and they're worried about Colorado weed.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:00:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pathetic
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/06/26/325489951/excessive-drinking-causes-10-percent-of-deaths-in-working-adults
Think about people dying from drinking too much, and you probably think of the classic disease of alcoholics, cirrhosis of the liver. Or perhaps an alcohol-fueled car crash. But there are many more ways to kill yourself with alcohol, unfortunately, and they account for 1 in 10 deaths in working-age adults, according to a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"One in 10 is a big number," says Dr. Robert Brewer, who leads the alcohol program at the CDC and is an author of the study, published Thursday in Preventing Chronic Disease. "One of the issues with alcohol that is particularly tragic is the extent to which it gets people in the prime of their lives."

And those premature deaths cost the United States $224 billion a year, the report found, or $1.90 a drink.

The report underscores that alcohol is the fourth-largest cause of preventable deaths, behind smoking, poor nutrition and lack of activity.
This looks like way more than one too many.
Shots - Health News
So Are 2 Drinks A Day Really Too Many?

The CDC researchers looked at how alcohol affects deaths from chronic diseases, from high blood pressure and stroke to breast cancer. And it also looked at acute causes of death, like motor vehicle accidents. In those cases, they included deaths where the medical examiner found a blood-alcohol level of at least 0.10 percent, above the legal limit of 0.08. Those causes of death also included falls; homicides; poisoning that involved pills or other substances along with alcohol; and suicides.

From 2006 through 2010, an average of 87,798 deaths were attributed to alcohol each year, the study found. Almost three-quarters of the deaths, 71 percent, were in men. Men tend to drink more and also to drive more, Brewer says, and are also more likely to be involved in homicides.

Some states have much bigger problems with alcohol-caused deaths than others. In New Mexico, 16.4 percent of deaths in the 20-to-64 age range were caused by alcohol. Other Western states, including Montana and Wyoming, weren't far behind. (For more states, see the chart below.)

By contrast, just 7.5 percent of Maryland's deaths were attributable to alcohol, less than half the rate in New Mexico. Other states with low rates of alcohol-related deaths include New York, New Jersey, Ohio and Indiana.

Rural states where people drive long distances have more problems with drunken driving, but state policies can have a big impact, too, Brewer says. Raising the cost of alcohol by 10 percent can lower consumption by 7 percent. But taxes on alcohol tend to be low compared with those on cigarettes.

If that news isn't sobering enough, the 1-in-10 number is almost certainly an underestimate, Brewer says, because the CDC didn't include other causes of death in younger adults, including HIV/AIDS, pneumonia and tuberculosis. "Alcohol is a major factor in deaths from those conditions," Brewer told Shots. "But when we were doing our scientific analyses, we simply didn't have good estimates" on the number of those deaths caused by heavy drinking.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No, you have missed the point (both of you).  States cannot pass laws that are less restrictive than federal law.   There is case law after case law that dictates this.  The federal appeals court makes rulings on federal law vs. state law or just if state law is constitutional (recently it has been gay marriage bans in states) all the time. It then can be appealed to the highest court of the land, the US Supreme Court.   I really think some are living in fantasy lands of what you want something to be (in this case States Rights) vs. reality and what it really is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I view the Feds not enforcing drug laws the same as not enforcing immigration laws. If we allow the federal government to cherry pick what laws the want to ignore or enforce then the laws and the Constitution will become worthless. Congress needs to change the law, the Administration shouldn't be telling law enforcement to selectively ignore established law as a work around.

Wouldn't it be hypocritical for one to be against Obama's actions on immigration yet support his actions on marijuana? It's the same tactic, if he has the power to ignore one law they can ignore any of them.

I'm pro-legalization but I also support these states trying to make the Feds do the job they are obligated and funded to do.

You have completely missed the point.

This isn't two States suing to force the Federal government to enforce Federal law in another State.  This is two States suing to make the Federal government tell another State what it MUST outlaw.

Did I say States?  

I meant provinces.  Because that's what we have.

No, you have missed the point (both of you).  States cannot pass laws that are less restrictive than federal law.   There is case law after case law that dictates this.  The federal appeals court makes rulings on federal law vs. state law or just if state law is constitutional (recently it has been gay marriage bans in states) all the time. It then can be appealed to the highest court of the land, the US Supreme Court.   I really think some are living in fantasy lands of what you want something to be (in this case States Rights) vs. reality and what it really is.

You keep making that assertion, yet you haven't cited a single one.

Tell me, for the sake of argument, what would happen if a particular State never had a law against something that the Feds outlawed?  That is, the Feds banned something and then the theoretical State in question just didn't follow suit?

Would that State be in violation of the US Constitution by not passing a law against it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nebraska and Oklahoma are full of meth and they're worried about Colorado weed.
View Quote

Stomp out the competition!!!!!!

Fuck Colorado and their pot smoking freedom loving hippies!!!!!  Fuck'em!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:06:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Feds: Native American Tribes Can Make Their Own Marijuana Laws

GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — The U.S. Justice Department said Thursday Indian tribes can grow and sell marijuana on their lands as long as they follow the same federal conditions laid out for states that have legalized the drug.

Oregon U.S. Attorney Amanda Marshall said Thursday the announcement addresses questions raised by tribes about how legalization of pot in states like Oregon, Washington and Colorado would apply to Indian lands.

Only three tribes have expressed interest in growing and selling marijuana, said Marshall, who co-chaired a group that developed the policy. One is in California, one in Washington state and one in the Midwest. She did not name them.

"That's been the primary message tribes are getting to us as U.S. attorneys," Marshall said from Portland. "What will the U.S. as federal partners do to assist tribes in protecting our children and families, our tribal businesses, our tribal housing? How will you help us combat marijuana abuse in Indian County when states are no longer there to partner with us?"

Marshall warned the announcement is not a green light to tribal authorities — and that marijuana is still illegal under federal law. The U.S. government's prosecution priorities involve pot-related gang activity, violence, sales to kids and trafficking continue, she said.

Problems could arise for tribes with lands in states that still outlaw marijuana, due to the likelihood that marijuana could be transported or sold outside tribal boundaries, she added.

Seattle attorney Anthony Broadman, whose firm represents tribal governments throughout the West, said the announcement represents a "potential for an enormous economic development tool here.

"If tribes can balance all the potential social issues, it could be a really huge opportunity," Broadman said.

But those social issues are monumental.

"Indian tribes have been decimated by drug use," Broadman said. "Tribal regulations of pot are going to have to dovetail with tribal values, making sure marijuana isn't a scourge like alcohol or tobacco."

Tribes selling marijuana may not be subject to state and local taxes, allowing them to undercut off-reservation sales. In Washington, taxes add 25 percent to the price of pot. But Alison Holcomb, a primary drafter of Washington state's legalization measure, said most people in larger states won't want to drive to far-flung reservations to buy pot.

"The reality is that so much of the market depends on convenience, it's not just price that drives consumer choices," Holcomb said.

The Yakama Nation in Washington state recently passed a ban on marijuana on the reservation and is trying to halt state regulated pot sales and grows on lands off the reservation where it still holds hunting and fishing rights. The Hoopa Valley Tribe in Northern California has battled illegal pot plantations on its reservation, where they cause environmental damage.

Marshall said with 566 tribes around the country recognized by the federal government, there will be a lot of consulting going on between tribes and federal prosecutors. As sovereign nations, some tribes have their own police, some rely on federal law enforcement, and some call in state and local police.

With limited resources and vast amounts of territory to cover, federal prosecutors will not prosecute minor cases, Marshall said.

The tribal policy is based on the so-called "Cole Memo" of August 2013, named after the deputy attorney general who wrote it, in which the Justice Department said the federal government wouldn't intervene as long as legalization states tightly regulate the drug and take steps to keep it from children, criminal cartels and federal property.

In all, the memo said, U.S. attorneys reserve the right to prosecute for eight issues: Sales to kids, marijuana proceeds going to criminal enterprises, shipping marijuana to states where it is illegal, illegal sales, firearms and violence, drugged driving and other public health issues, growing marijuana on public lands and possession of marijuana on federal property
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Modern social conservatives are such hypocrites.  In reality they serve as conservators of past progressive agenda.  The whole theory of the WoD/abortion banning/gay marriage banning is progressive in nature.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is one of those rare instances where the Commerce Clause was actually supposed to be used, to stop trade and economic disputes between state governments.
View Quote

If you subscribe to the bs Wickard v Filburn version of the commerce clause.

The initial purpose of the commerce clause was to regulate commerce... As in, keeping it regular. They kept commerce regular by preventing states from imposing embargoes and tariffs on each other. If georgia were to put a 10% tarrif on goods from Florida, then the federal government could cite the commerce clause when it subsequently tells the Ga state government to quit dicking around.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:27:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Jesus christ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus christ.

I've read that same bullshit argument more times than I can count. "Yeah well (insert something you want banned) isn't protected by the constitution like guns are herp derp.."

It's a shame that so few people have actually read the 9th Amendment.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I really do find it funny how these conservative "get the oppressive federal govt off my back" states are suddenly all crying to the feds to make their neighboring state enforce federal laws.  I really do
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top