BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not sure how I can explain it to you or anyone else who fails to understand American Federalism on such a basic and necessary level.

There is no constitutional requirement for any State to pass a law mirroring a Federal law.  I don't know where you or anyone else are reading that, but it is in no copy of the Constitution I've ever read.

The issue of the Federal government enforcing it's OWN laws has exactly NOTHING to do with whether any particular State has equivalent laws.  I don't know how plainer I can say it.  If you want to complain about the Feds not enforcing Federal law, fine.  But to argue that the States have some kind of duty to ban whatever the Federal government bans is patently idiotic and completely misses the entire POINT of having States or a Federal system in the first place.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I view the Feds not enforcing drug laws the same as not enforcing immigration laws. If we allow the federal government to cherry pick what laws the want to ignore or enforce then the laws and the Constitution will become worthless. Congress needs to change the law, the Administration shouldn't be telling law enforcement to selectively ignore established law as a work around.

Wouldn't it be hypocritical for one to be against Obama's actions on immigration yet support his actions on marijuana? It's the same tactic, if he has the power to ignore one law they can ignore any of them.

I'm pro-legalization but I also support these states trying to make the Feds do the job they are obligated and funded to do.

Well said, that is why this lawsuit is a good idea.  It will force the fed govs hand and make the US Supreme court make a ruling.  This will set precedent for many other state rights issues. States have been controlled many times by US Supreme Court rulings where they have made laws less strict and the federal government has made rulings to the states that those laws are unconstitutional.  The current administration choosing which laws they will and won't enforce is anarchy.  I look forward to the ruling on this one.  I would think the Supreme Court would have to rule that the states that have legalized Marijuana is unconstitutional since it is illegal federally.  If the Supreme Court rules the states marijuana legalization as constitutional, then hold on it is going to be wide open for many, many other things.

I quit.

Why?  This isn't civics, this is basic Constitutional Law 101, though it seems that there are several that do not understand state law vs. federal law.  

I'm not sure how I can explain it to you or anyone else who fails to understand American Federalism on such a basic and necessary level.

There is no constitutional requirement for any State to pass a law mirroring a Federal law.  I don't know where you or anyone else are reading that, but it is in no copy of the Constitution I've ever read.

The issue of the Federal government enforcing it's OWN laws has exactly NOTHING to do with whether any particular State has equivalent laws.  I don't know how plainer I can say it.  If you want to complain about the Feds not enforcing Federal law, fine.  But to argue that the States have some kind of duty to ban whatever the Federal government bans is patently idiotic and completely misses the entire POINT of having States or a Federal system in the first place.

Where did I post that?  I have stated that States cannot pass laws that are less restrictive than Federal Law.  There is case law after case law that goes over these issues.  That is what makes Marijuana legalized by some states so interesting.  The states legalized something that is illegal under federal law.  Due to past case law that should not stand.  The feds choosing to ignore this is setting a very bad precedent.   We are a nation of laws.  For a President and his AG to choose what laws they want to enforce is as I already stated, Anarchy.

What if a state decided to pass legislation that legalized Opium?  Would the federal gov. stand by and allow the state to grow/harvest poppy plants?     Marijuana is illegal under federal law just as Opium is is.   As I posted the federal government is setting a very bad precedent by allowing this.   I say good job to Nebraska and Oklahoma for calling out this issue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:54:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It absolutely amazes me that a lot of the people on here think it would be perfectly fine to throw someone in prison for smoking a joint in the privacy of their own home, but get outraged when someone wants to throw them in prison for having "assault rifles" and "high capacity magazines".  I don't think most people in this country (including here) understand freedom anymore.
View Quote

Show us in the constitution where smoking dope is a protected right?

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Where did I post that?  I have stated that States cannot pass laws that are less restrictive than Federal Law.  There is case law after case law that goes over these issues.  That is what makes Marijuana legalized by some states so interesting.  The states legalized something that is illegal under federal law.  Due to past case law that should not stand.  The feds choosing to ignore this is setting a very bad precedent.   We are a nation of laws.  For a President and his AG to choose what laws they want to enforce is as I already stated, Anarchy.

What if a state decided to pass legislation that legalized Opium?  Would the federal gov. stand by and allow the state to grow/harvest poppy plants?     Marijuana is illegal under federal law just as Opium is is.   As I posted the federal government is setting a very bad precedent by allowing this.   I say good job to Nebraska and Oklahoma for calling out this issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may as well have posted a picture of a kitten with a pancake on it's head.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:56:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I guess Colorado should keep its pot in Colorado.

View Quote

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!!!!!!!!!

"Marty, tell our contestant what he's won????"
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It absolutely amazes me that a lot of the people on here think it would be perfectly fine to throw someone in prison for smoking a joint in the privacy of their own home, but get outraged when someone wants to throw them in prison for having "assault rifles" and "high capacity magazines".  I don't think most people in this country (including here) understand freedom anymore.

Show us in the constitution where having children is a protected right.

Oh, were you seriously arguing that the Federal government had the constitutional authority to regulate EVERY HUMAN ACTIVITY that it wasn't explicitly forbidden to?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't let any extra freedom exist without federal approval.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:22:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The sob stories from all the western NE sheriffs have been hilarious
guess they can dry their tears with new MRAPs or something

Haven't heard anything out of my county.

It's not like anyone west of Grand Island has any pull in Lincoln. Unicameral setup sucks.
OK sorry not quite ALL  

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/with-pot-legal-in-colorado-western-nebraska-police-appeal-for/article_d8b5a84a-9449-5439-9e25-e953addc72f7.html

The "skyrocketing" of the arrests in the map in your link are staggering.  How will we ever survive?  We're gonna have to close down the schools to fund the drug warriors.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:23:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So successful country on earth has legal drugs.  Fuck Marijuana and libertarians
View Quote

The U.S. does.  Specifically, Colorado.  A state with a booming economy in oil & gas, software, biotech, and clean tech.  5th in Venture Capital investments and rising fast.

I know that you probably picture this whole state like some drug addled back alley full of used marihuana needles and all that, but it's really not any different than it was before legalization.  Well, except for a whole shitload of tax revenue and a few plain additional store fronts here and there.  Kind of like gun shops and adult bookstores, some people consider them a scourge.  The rest of us don't really care, and certainly don't spend our days gnashing our teeth about it.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:24:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post it.  I don't think he even understands what the discussion is.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:24:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amendment 9

Amendment 10

See also the Supreme Court decision Roe v Wade
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess Colorado should keep its pot in Colorado.

Nothing.  It's not one state's responsibility to enforce another state's law.  See how freedom and a republic can be scary, messy and confusing?  Dictatorships are so much more orderly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#15]
WOW!  So much for nullification?

I guess the AGs of those states are in the pockets of oxy manufacturers
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:29:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is one of those rare instances where the Commerce Clause was actually supposed to be used, to stop trade and economic disputes between state governments.
View Quote

CO MJ is for CO only.

So MT has a law saying that federal gun laws are null in their state for "montanna only" marked firearms b/c they are prohibited form leaving the state and not appicable to interstate commerce clause.

Do you see what you are giving up in terms of limiting gov power (read freedom) by agreeing to this?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:30:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As a father I'm torn between the legalization of MJ, and the true dangers that exist when it is legalized. I know it is a great drug for many health issues, that dangerous drugs are often prescribed for. But, legalization in its current form is abusive, and does nothing to regulate the drug in a manner which avoids such abuses by those that simply want to avoid the legal consequences of possession. These two states I believe are simply trying to protect their borders from a massive infusion of legalized, illegally obtained marijuana. I've seen how easy it is to get the drug in Colorado, and the increase of school age kids smoking it, because it's easier to obtain now via illegal methods; ie stealing a little of their parents legal weed, legal buyers selling it, etc...

I'm truly torn, I love cutting the head off of the cartels (which legalization won't do). I'm for legitimate use for those with health afflictions. I just hate the massive abuses by xbox commando's, thugs, hippies, and the like. I just hate that it's easier for kids to get, which has been proven in California, Washington, and Colorado.

Grammar Nazi's be damned, I didn't spell or grammar check it for mistakes.
View Quote

I suspect that our children are more in danger of haing their lives ruined by the WOD than by MJ.

Choose:
"My son was arrested for possession, got kicked out of college, probably will never get a good paying job now, will always struggle to support a family etc"

vs

"my son is eating too many cheetos lately"

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Colorado has not nullified Federal law within Colorado.  This is not a nullification issue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:31:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:36:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It doesn't work like that, "if it's not specifically allowed then it's prohibited" is not how our Country runs.

Show me where travel is a protected right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't work like that, "if it's not specifically allowed then it's prohibited" is not how our Country runs.

Show me where travel is a protected right.

sort of the 9th amendment.  But your point that "that which is not prohibited is permitted" as you stated as an institution of law in the anglosphere is more to the point.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:37:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This guy's vote is worth as much as yours.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:40:25 AM EDT
[#22]
MYOB
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Colorado has not nullified Federal law within Colorado.  This is not a nullification issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, colarado has sort of nullified fed law in its borders.  Of course, a team of out of state feds can still swoop in, raid/sieze/arrest at a whim.  Even if CO passed a law making it illegal for the feds to do that, as MO made them enforcing fed gun laws a felony, the feds would just get their cases removed to federal courst at which point the charges would be dimissed by the bench and the feds would walk.

My point to KS and NB is that they are shooting themselves in the foot for such a itme as they may want to exercise nullification, and generally ruining it for the rest of us.  Sadly, I fear this will go the way of filburn.  Ultimately, letting a branch of the federal gov decide its powers is a fatal conflict of interest and there needs to be another way that the states can limit the fed gov's power or all is lost for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:46:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

yes, colarado has sort of nullified fed law in its borders.  Of course, a team of out of state feds can still swoop in, raid/sieze/arrest at a whim.  Even if CO passed a law making it illegal for the feds to do that, as MO made them enforcing fed gun laws a felony, the feds would just get their cases removed to federal courst at which point the charges would be dimissed by the bench and the feds would walk.

My point to KS and NB is that they are shooting themselves in the foot for such a itme as they may want to exercise nullification, and generally ruining it for the rest of us.  Sadly, I fear this will go the way of filburn.  Ultimately, letting a branch of the federal gov decide its powers is a fatal conflict of interest and there needs to be another way that the states can limit the fed gov's power or all is lost for everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The abbreviation for Nebraska is NE, not NB.  You typed a whole bunch of words, used semi decent punctuation, and really tried to look smart...

All of that fucked up by a stupid fucking abbreviation mistake.  

Get your fucking shit together.  Oh, and try and figure out who runs shit.  Does the federal gov't run the states and the people?....Or....Do the people and the states run the federal gov't?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

What if the states said "Fuck the NFA" and declared it null and void in that state? Would they be setting a bad precedent by allowing the manufacture and possession of NFA items in that state, if they never left the state?

If you don't like guns, just insert whatever you find fun in that scenario. I assume you've had fun before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What if the states said "Fuck the NFA" and declared it null and void in that state? Would they be setting a bad precedent by allowing the manufacture and possession of NFA items in that state, if they never left the state?

If you don't like guns, just insert whatever you find fun in that scenario. I assume you've had fun before.

Kansas did exactly that.  Guess who came knocking!

http://www.khi.org/news/2014/jul/10/brady-group-sues-over-kansas-law-voiding-federal-g/

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:52:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Kansas did exactly that.  Guess who came knocking!

http://www.khi.org/news/2014/jul/10/brady-group-sues-over-kansas-law-voiding-federal-g/

View Quote

I'd make a smartassed comment about this, but since a number of arfcommers have come out in support of the Brady position in threads about those state laws, I'm just going to have another bourbon instead.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:14:40 AM EDT
[#27]
A lawsuit isn't really punishment.   Sending their cheerleaders across the border, otoh...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The constitution doesn't grant rights to the people, it restricts the power of the federal government shit for brains.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#29]
how do they have standing?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:37:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The abbreviation for Nebraska is NE, not NB.  You typed a whole bunch of words, used semi decent punctuation, and really tried to look smart...

Get your fucking shit together.  Oh, and try and figure out who runs shit.  Does the federal gov't run the states and the people?....Or....Do the people and the states run the federal gov't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, yes, NE, thanks.

filburn, iirc, was the USC case about the farmer groing wheat for his own consumption.  Pretty much blew the commerce clause wide fucking open.

otherwise I dont' understand the thrust of your post.    Who should run things?  The states and the people.  Who does?  The feds.  

Also, that MO bill making it a felony for feds to enforce the NFA in their state, I don't know if it was ever actually passed.  I don't think so.  But it is getting at the direction that we need to head by sort acknowledging, if symbolically only, the fact that force will be required to limit other force.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As a father I'm torn between the legalization of MJ, and the true dangers that exist when it is legalized. I know it is a great drug for many health issues, that dangerous drugs are often prescribed for. But, legalization in its current form is abusive, and does nothing to regulate the drug in a manner which avoids such abuses by those that simply want to avoid the legal consequences of possession. These two states I believe are simply trying to protect their borders from a massive infusion of legalized, illegally obtained marijuana. I've seen how easy it is to get the drug in Colorado, and the increase of school age kids smoking it, because it's easier to obtain now via illegal methods; ie stealing a little of their parents legal weed, legal buyers selling it, etc...

I'm truly torn, I love cutting the head off of the cartels (which legalization won't do). I'm for legitimate use for those with health afflictions. I just hate the massive abuses by xbox commando's, thugs, hippies, and the like. I just hate that it's easier for kids to get, which has been proven in California, Washington, and Colorado.

View Quote

Got it.  You had children, so fuck other peoples freedoms.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:38:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
how do they have standing?
View Quote

b/c entrepreneurs are...transporting drugs across state lines, in defiance of NE, KS CO and federal laws.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:39:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey, he wants freedom, just not for those other people
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:40:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
There is no danger from legalization.  You are also fooling yourself if you think MJ isnt super easy for kids to get everywhere it is still illegal.   Why do you hate that people enjoy a substance that I think its safe to assume you don't?  One that is far safer than the one is legal almost everywhere.   They are not hurting anyone, just like responsible drinkers are not hurting anyone.   Why do you care so much what they enjoy? Why won't legalization cut the heads off the cartels?  You don't see gangs continuing their illegal alcohol production and distribution aside from the small amount of shine makers now that prohibition is over?  Why would it be different with MJ and everything else?

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:47:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:10:54 AM EDT
[#36]
So much anger on here about freedom?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:14:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Your example would make sense if 30 round mags were illegal under federal law and the ATF and federal prosecutors were turning a blind eye.

So, how exactly is the controlled substances act constitutional, when they needed a constitutional amendment to ban intoxicating beverages at the federal level?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe California should sue Arizona to force us to adopt their gun laws.

No!No! Arizona's liberal gun laws make trouble for California cops trying to keep 30 round mags out of the state so the Federal government must make Arizona comply with California gun laws! And then New Mexico because New Mexico is next to Arizona and they can just pass through AZ to get to CA, and then Texas and so forth.
The lawsuit is seeking to make Colorado comply with federal law (The Controlled Substances Act of 1970). It is established precedent that federal law trumps state law. They are not asking CO to comply with OK or NE law, the lawsuit is saying CO must comply with federal law.
Your example would make sense if 30 round mags were illegal under federal law and the ATF and federal prosecutors were turning a blind eye.

So, how exactly is the controlled substances act constitutional, when they needed a constitutional amendment to ban intoxicating beverages at the federal level?  

This is the question that the drug warriors cant or wont even seem to answer.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Apologies from a Nebraskan.
View Quote

Love Nebraska and the people that live there.  Nicest people on the planet.  I blame any problem in Nebraska on Omaha.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is one of those rare instances where the Commerce Clause was actually supposed to be used, to stop trade and economic disputes between state governments.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:25:55 AM EDT
[#40]
This whole thing makes me ashamed to be such a proponent of the GOP. Damn it. I have lived, been stationed in, and still frequently visit the great state of Colorado and someday hope to retire there. Was just out there last week and ranged from Ft. Collins to Longmont, up to Nederland and over to Estes Park and saw no damage from a law the people voted on. I smuggled a 12 pack of beer back from Odell's brewery and had to pass through a Nebraska State Patrol "registration and license" checkpoint....made it. It was far more annoying than  this legal weed in Co. that has the GOP upset. Pretty bad when my wife and I are getting pissed at the GOP.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:33:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Show us in Article I, Section 8 where Congress has any authority over smoking dope.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:38:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

eh, the purpose of the CC is to make amaerica a free trade zone, not to empower the feds to dicatate a state's laws b/c another state doesn't like smuggling. Its not like CO has an offical state policy to push drugs over their borders.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:45:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This whole thing makes me ashamed to be such a proponent of the GOP. Damn it. I have lived, been stationed in, and still frequently visit the great state of Colorado and someday hope to retire there. Was just out there last week and ranged from Ft. Collins to Longmont, up to Nederland and over to Estes Park and saw no damage from a law the people voted on. I smuggled a 12 pack of beer back from Odell's brewery and had to pass through a Nebraska State Patrol "registration and license" checkpoint....made it. It was far more annoying than  this legal weed in Co. that has the GOP upset. Pretty bad when my wife and I are getting pissed at the GOP.
View Quote

Well, congrats.

You're not one of the Colorado taxpayers who are seeing their tax money get spent on EBT cards that are used at ATMs outside of weed shops.

Free weed with EBT has brought over such a fine class of hard working people into this state, and I can bet what party they'll vote for.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:48:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Well, congrats.

You're not one of the Colorado taxpayers who are seeing their tax money get spent on EBT cards that are used at ATMs outside of weed shops.

Free weed with EBT has brought over such a fine class of hard working people into this state, and I can bet what party they'll vote for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, congrats.

Maybe you should focus your efforts on eliminating government handouts, instead of crying about people buying and selling a particular commodity.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:50:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Maybe you should focus your efforts on eliminating government handouts, instead of crying about people buying and selling a particular commodity.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, congrats.

Ain't gonna happen. The entire federal and state government is based on a quid pro quo of handouts for votes.

And all the weed did was bring more liberal garbage into this state.

At least the Denver libtards are drowning in aggressive homeless that have flooded the city, serves them right.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:54:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Ain't gonna happen. The entire federal and state government is based on a quid pro quo of handouts for votes.

At least the Denver libtards are drowning in aggressive homeless that have flooded the city, serves them right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, congrats.

Well, enjoy your bigger government.

Sorry it didn't grow in the areas you approve of.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:59:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well, enjoy your bigger government.

Sorry it didn't grown in the areas you approve of.

View Quote

I'm hoping with the federal lawsuits and the republican legislature we can start to chip away at the marijuana industry in this state.

We don't need it here. Weed=liberal trash.

I've been here for 10 years and have watched the liberals fuck this place over, but honestly it was that idiot Hickenlooper that did the most damage.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:03:40 AM EDT
[#48]
These threads always bring out the closet statists, sure as anything having to do with the NSA.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:07:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If Kansas joined, that would the height of hypocrisy.   They couldn't make a more retarded move.  

Pass the Firearms Freedom Act declaring federal firearms laws null and void for any firearms manufactured in the state, including most NFA items, and make it a felony for any LEO to enforce a federal law regarding firearms.

Then sue a neighboring state for nullifying a federal law.

Brilliant!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha Ha

I hope Kansas joins in too!

If Kansas joined, that would the height of hypocrisy.   They couldn't make a more retarded move.  

Pass the Firearms Freedom Act declaring federal firearms laws null and void for any firearms manufactured in the state, including most NFA items, and make it a felony for any LEO to enforce a federal law regarding firearms.

Then sue a neighboring state for nullifying a federal law.

Brilliant!

Just curious. Is anybody manufacturing machineguns or anything like that under the FFA?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:09:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Show us in the constitution where having children is a protected right.

View Quote

It's not.  But bearing arms is a protected right.

Congress could pass a law restricting your family to one child just like China, and there would be little constitutional grounds to overturn it.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top