User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This movie will make so much more money now when it is actually released.
View Quote

It's not going to be released because it will hurt a dictator's feelings. The movie sucked that bad.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Sony has negotiated with north Korea.

No theatrical release at all now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting precedent we've just set.  I guess if we make any more movies about the GWoT that make our enemies look bad, they know how to censor us.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
So beyond F'd up that they would cave and use the BS that they are concerned about employee safety.
Yeah lets let this ball get rolling and have thrid world saber rattlers dictate to America
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh, shitty film about an insignificant country. I think the bigger question is, can't Hollywood do better than that these days? Waste millions on a movie and this is all they have to show for it?

Could easily think of more interesting story pitches for a movie. All of us could.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sony has negotiated with north Korea.

No theatrical release at all now.
View Quote

Well I guess Japan is going to have to give up that morally, intellectually and genetically superior snobbery toward the Koreans now. Bishes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Why all the fuck Sony? The link says the theaters pulled it one by one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It looked funny.. Sony is a bunch of pussies.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a little disappointed, it looked kind of funny, but Lizzy Caplan looked pretty smokin hot in the previews.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Bunch of Pansy's
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Probably did everyone a favor.

Based on the trailer it looked terrible.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Old news. Sony just pulled the plug on the whole thing.
View Quote

now I want to see it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They should "leak" it
View Quote

This.

Let it leak, and let it make it online and into the hands of folks who take projectors around cities and set up impromptu theaters/movie events.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]
That's chickenshit
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I think Sony was more afraid of the "Christmas Surprise" they were threatened with than any concerns about employee safety.

No shits given as the movie was probably just a cheapened rehash of Spies Like Us anyway with what passes as "comics" these days. Or worse....Huh,huh, huh, here Dear Leader smoke some weed with us type of crap which is about all they are good for. Shit gets old quick.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a marketing gimmick.  Is anyone else old enough to remember Showgirls?

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I was hoping this would be a funny movie and planned on seeing it...

What a bunch of pussies sony are...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Balls:  Sony has none.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Instead of hacking Sony for making a movie about a plot to kill Kim Jong Un, North Korea could have countered with a documentary about the assassination of Obama
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Instead of hacking Sony for making a movie about a plot to kill Kim Jong Un, North Korea could have countered with a documentary about the assassination of Obama
View Quote

I guess the third one was just too much for them. First it was that James Bond movie, then 'Team America!' They just had enough of the abuse as the bad guy country.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I guess the third one was just too much for them. First it was that James Bond movie, then 'Team America!' They just had enough of the abuse as the bad guy country.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+ Red Dawn remake
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The terrorists won....
This.  

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Interesting precedent we've just set.  I guess if we make any more movies about the GWoT that make our enemies look bad, they know how to censor us.
View Quote

Yup.

And Obama fiddles....
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm just glad that Sony came to their senses before we had another Benghazi.  They were acting stupidly, and nobody should produce movies that could offend people.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top