Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not really. The alternative would have been Zimmerman notifying the police of a suspicious dindu and then going home and calling it a day. No shooting, no trial, no race baiting attention whores, no death threats. Trayvon Martin would still be thugging around but that wouldn't be Zimmerman's problem, he'd still have his life and his stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His life was indeed ruined.  But wouldn't the alternative been worse?

Not really. The alternative would have been Zimmerman notifying the police of a suspicious dindu and then going home and calling it a day. No shooting, no trial, no race baiting attention whores, no death threats. Trayvon Martin would still be thugging around but that wouldn't be Zimmerman's problem, he'd still have his life and his stuff.

Here's an alternative for you:  Brush up on the actual events of that night.  Then you'll sound more like you know what you are talking about than you do right now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not quite the bumbling oaf he has been portrayed to be.  Imagine that...
View Quote

Please specify which bumbling oaf we're talking about; Ayoob or Zimmerman?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Violent, wannabe gangsta thug or busybody, wannabe hero cop? I'm putting my house up for sale on the quickness if those are my only options.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, there was an equivalence between Zimmerman and Martin?  You wouldn't rather have one as a neighbor over the other?  

Violent, wannabe gangsta thug or busybody, wannabe hero cop? I'm putting my house up for sale on the quickness if those are my only options.

Yet another poster who validates the collective low opinion of '13ers here.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"The anti self defense crowd" really being the "don't be a dumbass crowd. You would think that Zimmerman would be a cautionary tale, but people here still rant about how they would leave their house to fight three men breaking into a parked car in their driveway.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He lived there and Trayvon Martin didn't.  And his instincts were proved correct - Trayvon Martin was indeed a shitbird.

And the cost for being right was having his life ruined.

Isn't the anti-self defense crowd trying to make submission (for a law-abiding citizen) seem like a better option?  If Trayvon had hurt or killed GZ, we would probably never have heard of this case.  But because GZ followed the law, and called the police, he is the bad guy.  
"The anti self defense crowd" really being the "don't be a dumbass crowd. You would think that Zimmerman would be a cautionary tale, but people here still rant about how they would leave their house to fight three men breaking into a parked car in their driveway.  

I would leave my house to ask the perps to stop.  If they didn't, I'd be more insistant.  If they still didn't, I might move towards them, or perhaps lob any handy object at them.  Maybe I'd shout loudly or shove them aside.  I do not have to let anyone steal from me.  I would stop them.  If during any of my attempts to protect what is lawfully mine I feel threatened, I would take the necessary actions to protect myself.  It would be to my discretion what I would decide is necessary.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And the cost for being right was having his life ruined.
View Quote

Seems to be a common theme these days.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So the fatty dollar-cop Zimmerninja was character-assassinated by the Leftist media?

Amazing how many people here bought it too.  
View Quote

It seems you might have too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
tagged for later review. Sounds interesting!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, there was an equivalence between Zimmerman and Martin?  You wouldn't rather have one as a neighbor over the other?  

What do you have in addition to the 13'er comment? Anything at all? Or is that what you resort to when you've got nothing?

Sorry, you'll just have to live with the fact that I prefer my neighbors and I to mind our own business unless something is actually happening. I don't need some layman with a hero complex playing cops and robbers in my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*click*

Sorry... I refuse to deal with that level of nonsense.

+1

Guess that means I won't have to deal with that level of pettiness and butthurt?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Why hasn't he sued FLA or the court system yet? I'll listen to the radio when I get home.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I always wondered why Zimmerman didnt fire a few rounds in the air to scare off the attacker?

That has to de-escalate all but the most determined assassins.

I know if someone fired a round in the air in front of me, my first thought would be the next one won't be in the air, and run as hell.

The thugs might be criminal, but they aren't stupid, or completely irrational.

View Quote

Here is why you TL:DR, it was because he was getting his head pounded on the concrete!  Or maybe he did fire a shot into the air, but the problem was that TM was on top of him pounding his head into the concrete.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Here's an alternative for you:  Brush up on the actual events of that night.  Then you'll sound more like you know what you are talking about than you do right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please point out where his post showed ignorance of the "actual events of that night."
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm sure that's in the works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Linky no play for me.  

Cliff notes?

He is $2.5 million in debt.
His family is still hounded.
He can't get a job.
He wishes he had liability insurance.

Avoid the fucking media at all costs.  

It really is worth the listen.

I wonder why he doesn't write a book about the whole thing.

I'm sure that's in the works.

John Wayne Gacey had a better chance at getting a paying book contract with an estsblished publisher than GZ does....ANY real publisher would be villified for giving him a dime...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Please point out where his post showed ignorance of the "actual events of that night."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, please do. I think Antero pretty much nailed it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Missed the point where GZ was only attempting to identify cross streets to help the police locate TM.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Missed the point where GZ was only attempting to identify cross streets to help the police locate TM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And just had to exit his vehicle on order to do so, right? Have you ever had to exit your vehicle in order to read the name of the street you were on or upon? Be serious now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did.  It is in the quote.  You seem unaware of the actual events too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, that's all? There was no getting out of his car? There was no following? He just drove by, saw Martin, and called as he drove by the intersection?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll listen later, but Ayoob has always been contradictory in his writhing and kind of assclownish. Light years better than Yeager but that's not saying much.
View Quote

Please post some examples, I've been reading his stuff since the early 80s and I would love to know what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Listening now
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While your insinuation that I am uninformed on the event is much appreciated, my opinion on the matter is unchanged. None of this had to happen, he didn't have to have his entire life ruined. If he had made the call about the suspicious kid and then just gone home, none of this would have happened to him. No one forced him to follow that kid, it wasn't his job. He didn't have to get out of his vehicle either, he could have stayed in it and continued to watch the kid. Again, none of this would have happened. A little more apathy and minding his own business would have made the difference.

Might Trayvon Martin have broken into a house, robbed the convenience store, or something else that day? Likely. Would Zimmerman have been forced to defend himself setting off a national race-baiting campaign against himself? Only if Trayvon went on to pick his house to rob, which wasn't too likely.

When I carry a concealed weapon it isn't because the state has empowered me with the responsibility to uphold laws. That isn't what a carry permit is for. It is for personal self defense. Whatever Trayvon was doing, however suspicious he looked, it posed no immediate threat to Zimmerman. He should have called in a suspicious person and gone home. Let Trayvon be the police's problem.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, be specific.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

True, not Zimmerman's problem anymore but sweet little Treyvon was destined to become somebody's nightmare (killing or being killed) eventually.

The most disturbing issue is the .gov and MSM response to this. The message being sent is Blacks behaving badly is acceptable and nobody (Black, White, whatever) is allowed to say any different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, not Zimmerman's problem anymore but sweet little Treyvon was destined to become somebody's nightmare (killing or being killed) eventually.

The most disturbing issue is the .gov and MSM response to this. The message being sent is Blacks behaving badly is acceptable and nobody (Black, White, whatever) is allowed to say any different.

Yes. And we are seeing that acceptance in the Ferguson rioting/looting sprees, that made it into mainstream media as "mostly peaceful protests, with only a few bad actors" (that even so were never called on the carpet or pursued through channels to find out who these actual criminals were to make sure they stopped tainting the "demonstrations"). These protests and demonstrations have rolled into a multitude of cities and towns that have nothing to do with Ferguson, and you have people stopping traffic on the highways, clogging shopping malls, wearing the "I can't breathe" tshirts (echoes of that group of minority CONGRESSMEN wearing the Trayvon hoodies in unison, making a statement that they stand with the thug, for crap's sake).  

This shit is making me so mad I can't even see straight. Maybe I need my own tshirt proclaiming that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Understanding the kind of person you may be dealing with well ahead of time conditions how you approach many things. One approaches a grizzly bear much differently than one approaches a deer.
View Quote

+1

Zimmerman went up against a feral person. He should of treated Martin like he was tailing a rabid wolf.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Zimmerman didn't pull his gun preemtively. He was blindsided, taken to the ground, and was getting pounded from the bottom. At some point in this scuffle his gun was revealed. Trayvon saw the gun and then tried to get the gun.

Warning shots are fucking idiotic in the first place, but were utterly impossible in the situation here.

Years later and yet a bunch of people STILL do not know even the most basic facts of the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always wondered why Zimmerman didnt fire a few rounds in the air to scare off the attacker?

That has to de-escalate all but the most determined assassins.

I know if someone fired a round in the air in front of me, my first thought would be the next one won't be in the air, and run as hell.

The thugs might be criminal, but they aren't stupid, or completely irrational.

Zimmerman didn't pull his gun preemtively. He was blindsided, taken to the ground, and was getting pounded from the bottom. At some point in this scuffle his gun was revealed. Trayvon saw the gun and then tried to get the gun.

Warning shots are fucking idiotic in the first place, but were utterly impossible in the situation here.

Years later and yet a bunch of people STILL do not know even the most basic facts of the case.

Also, I believe warning shots were illegal in FL at the time.  (They might be legal in FL now, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're a good idea.)
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

While your insinuation that I am uninformed on the event is much appreciated, my opinion on the matter is unchanged. None of this had to happen, he didn't have to have his entire life ruined. If he had made the call about the suspicious kid and then just gone home, none of this would have happened to him. No one forced him to follow that kid, it wasn't his job. He didn't have to get out of his vehicle either, he could have stayed in it and continued to watch the kid. Again, none of this would have happened. A little more apathy and minding his own business would have made the difference.

Might Trayvon Martin have broken into a house, robbed the convenience store, or something else that day? Likely. Would Zimmerman have been forced to defend himself setting off a national race-baiting campaign against himself? Only if Trayvon went on to pick his house to rob, which wasn't too likely.

When I carry a concealed weapon it isn't because the state has empowered me with the responsibility to uphold laws. That isn't what a carry permit is for. It is for personal self defense. Whatever Trayvon was doing, however suspicious he looked, it posed no immediate threat to Zimmerman. He should have called in a suspicious person and gone home. Let Trayvon be the police's problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would rather have GZ as a neighbor than someone like you.  I would almost rather have TM as a neighbor...at least he would be an obvious "person of interest" that I would know to keep a close eye on.

I hope your neighbors mind their own business as hard as you do and let scumbags roam the streets around your house with impunity. After all, it's not their business to keep tabs on that sort of thing, and sure, those lowlifes may go on to break into other houses in the neighborhood (most likely not theirs, hopefully--in their MTOB minds minds--ideally the lowlifes target YOUR house so it's not their problem) but they can let the police handle all that nonsense after the fact.

People don't have to "play lawman" to keep an eye out for their own home and neighborhood. The more people retreat into the "MYOB, let the authorities handle that" the more we get a nanny-state that makes up ever-invasive laws and regulations to try to do just that.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

People don't have to "play lawman" to keep an eye out for their own home and neighborhood. The more people retreat into the "MYOB, let the authorities handle that" the more we get a nanny-state that makes up ever-invasive laws and regulations to try to do just that.

View Quote

I see what you're saying but TM was just walking down the street. If he's actively breaking into a car or house when GZ confronts him, the narrative changes dramatically. But seeing someone walking down the street with a hoodie on and talking on the phone isn't a reason to begin following or harassing the person. Don't start none, won't be none.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I see what you're saying but TM was just walking down the street. If he's actively breaking into a car or house when GZ confronts him, the narrative changes dramatically. But seeing someone walking down the street with a hoodie on and talking on the phone isn't a reason to begin following or harassing the person. Don't start none, won't be none.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zimmerman did not confront Martin. It was the other way around. Martin came up to him from the bushes, punched him to the ground and proceeded to beat the crap out of him.

Another point - where did you learn that Martin was just "walking down the street talking on the phone"? According to the testimony, Martin was lurking around houses, such as looking into the windows and such. That is suspicious behavior  

Again, please present evidence of Zimmerman confronting Martin. Otherwise, re-read the case.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Street? No, TM was walking beside/behind the houses, not in the street or even the sidewalk, but you don't seem too concerned with facts or logic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Zimmerman did not confront Martin. It was the other way around. Martin came up to him from the bushes, punched him to the ground and proceeded to beat the crap out of him.

Another point - where did you learn that Martin was just "walking down the street talking on the phone"? According to the testimony, Martin was lurking around houses, such as looking into the windows and such. That is suspicious behavior  

Again, please present evidence of Zimmerman confronting Martin. Otherwise, re-read the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Confronts" was a poor choice of wording and I will re-read the testimony. Was it GZ himself who testified TM was poking around looking into windows or was there an unbiased third party?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:...
I would rather have GZ as a neighbor than someone like you.  I would almost rather have TM as a neighbor...at least he would be an obvious "person of interest" that I would know to keep a close eye on.

I hope your neighbors mind their own business as hard as you do and let scumbags roam the streets around your house with impunity. After all, it's not their business to keep tabs on that sort of thing, and sure, those lowlifes may go on to break into other houses in the neighborhood (most likely not theirs, hopefully--in their MTOB minds minds--ideally the lowlifes target YOUR house so it's not their problem) but they can let the police handle all that nonsense after the fact...
View Quote

I specifically advocated Zimmerman's reporting of Trayvon, I'm not sure how you missed that. I am all in favor of neighborhood block watches. My neighborhood has one, although I don't think there's ever been any crime here. I have actually called our association security a couple times about suspicious persons who looked out of place. I didn't let it go, because I care about my neighborhood. I called security, gave a description and the direction the person was heading, but that is where it ended.

I feel I have an obligation to report anything that looks out of place. But that is where my obligation to my neighbors ends. I have provided for the security of my own family, it is their responsibility to provide for the security of their own families. Of course, were I to be witness to a neighbor being attacked, I would become involved. But that isn't what we are talking about with respect to the Zimmerman case.

You might not want me for a neighbor, but my yard is immaculate, my dogs are quiet, my driveway is clear, and my eyes are open. You could do worse.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I'm abiding the law and someone is following me, my first instinct isn't to jump him.

Pro-Tip: Criminals tend to act criminally as a course of problem solving.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If I'm abiding the law and someone is following me, my first instinct isn't to jump him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if it was a creepy ass cracker?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In what way does that make Zimmerman's decision to follow him a good idea?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

To help keep tabs until the authorities arrived, per their request.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Trayvon was a budding young thug, who felt direspected.  Consequently, he felt it was time to beat some ass on that short, dumpy cracker.  

He received the proper response for his behavior.  

I'm sorry, but there it is.  As somebody in this very thread said, "don't start nothin', won't be nothin'"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trayvon was a budding young thug, who felt direspected.  Consequently, he felt it was time to beat some ass on that short, dumpy cracker.  

He received the proper response for his behavior.  

I'm sorry, but there it is.  As somebody in this very thread said, "don't start nothin', won't be nothin'"

Are you agreeing with me?

I'm confused.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In the moment where he pulled the gun he had no other option.

It's the moments prior to that moment where he had options...and where I betcha if he could do it over again he'd do a whole lot of things differently.

It would behoove everyone to consider the potential outcomes before getting into something they can't control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the moment where he pulled the gun he had no other option.

It's the moments prior to that moment where he had options...and where I betcha if he could do it over again he'd do a whole lot of things differently.

It would behoove everyone to consider the potential outcomes before getting into something they can't control.

But.. But, sheepdogs!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#43]
The Brain Trust
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So things that happened in the future affected his decision. Got it.

I'm not even getting into how absurd "the authorities request" that he tell them if he does anything while moving toward Zimmerman warped into "keep tabs on him."
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait a minute, when did "the authorities" request GZ to "keep tabs" on TM?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I think Massad Ayoob gave one of the best summations of disparity of force I've ever heard in one of his youtube videos. Was a lecture worthy of a law professor on the matter.  

Zimmerman didn't exercise the stand your ground option. His attorney selected the standard self-defense affirmative defense.  I think 99% of CCW licensed folks are walking around with no clue how great the liability they face really is both criminal and civil.  Sure, the majority of States now have shall-issue licenses, but most of those States still have statutes and courts that have set a real high bar when it comes to self-defense.  The move to get concealed carry more accepted has been great, but it hasn't been followed with the backing good folks needs in terms of strong stand your ground laws.  Until we see protections for CCW holders increase it really is a risky thing to carry concealed.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Go on.

You know, he used to post here... until a bunch of real assclowns piled on him, accused him of being a fraud, teaching classes drunk, etc.  

Were you one of those folks by chance?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll listen later, but Ayoob has always been contradictory in his writhing and kind of assclownish. Light years better than Yeager but that's not saying much.

Go on.

You know, he used to post here... until a bunch of real assclowns piled on him, accused him of being a fraud, teaching classes drunk, etc.  

Were you one of those folks by chance?

No shit. I was happy to see Mas here; I've been reading his stuff since he started writing. He got jumped and left, and took a wealth of knowledge with him.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I would leave my house to ask the perps to stop.  If they didn't, I'd be more insistant.  If they still didn't, I might move towards them, or perhaps lob any handy object at them.  Maybe I'd shout loudly or shove them aside.  I do not have to let anyone steal from me.  I would stop them.  If during any of my attempts to protect what is lawfully mine I feel threatened, I would take the necessary actions to protect myself.  It would be to my discretion what I would decide is necessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, just to make sure I understand this correctly, you would:
1- Enter a 3:1 force disparity over an unoccupied vehicle, and
2- Escalate force by throwing a projectile, and
3- Close to within contact distance, and
4- In this same disparity of force, now escalated by verbal and less-lethal throwing of a rock or something, in which your are at bad-breath range, further escalate by shoving, and
5- Persist in the belief that in the setting of #4, that you would be physically able to access and effectively use your firearm against 3 opponents, at least some of whom are within the magical 21 foot range, and
6- Be able to protect yourself 360 degrees and be completely certain that "perp" #4 wasn't waiting in the wings as a lookout.

If that's your intent, I'm not going to stop you. That mindset ensures job security for me. I trust, in this scenario, that you have no family or loved ones inside the house who would be at risk of retaliation should your plan fail. Personally, I'm not inclined to die over the contents of my car. I'd prefer to stick around and save my dying to protect the living, if it ever comes to that.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top