Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
mine is nowhere on the same level as most of these, but FEAR isn't about what is, it's about what you THINK is.
(false events appearing real, my dad says).

anyway, my daughter was about 2 months old. our only child. We had just moved into a new house.

around 2 am I awoke with a start to a baby's cry in the baby monitor. my blood ran cold and adrenaline spiked, because the cry sounded like a
6 month old boy, not a 2 month old girl. I envisioned strangling / choking / demon possession as I sprinted for her room.
when I got there, she was sleeping soundly. Our baby monitor must have been on the same channel as some other family in the neighborhood.

I still get chills when I think about it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am bobbing in an Atlantic ocean, during a storm in the middle of the night with no vessel in sight with an empty oxygen tank.I cried like a little baby.
View Quote

oh crap! did you die? what happened ?   tell us more.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Really glad you made it through that ordeal! Not many folks do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hard to say, I was kidnapped when I was little. I was let go after being kept in a small shed and ran down the road to where my Father was coming home from work.
This was in NJ in the late 70's. The guy was never caught.The shed was in a run down and abandoned piece of property down the road a ways from where we lived.

Damn!

Ya know what? I haven't thought about it in a long time. Pondering this thread got me thinking about it again. People wonder why I am a gunowner, after that
I almost never really feel safe. I am always assessing any environment I enter. I am not paranoid but very aware.

Really glad you made it through that ordeal! Not many folks do.

I was never molested, just held against my will and released...I never even got a good look at him.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am bobbing in an Atlantic ocean, during a storm in the middle of the night with no vessel in sight with an empty oxygen tank.I cried like a little baby.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

that right there is the stuff of my nightmares...

details?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First time I had to recover a dead body at night in 240ft of water in the Gulf of Mexico.  There are no words to describe the terror I felt.

that right there is the stuff of my nightmares...

details?

Small experimental aircraft crash.  With the sonar we used, it was easy to pinpoint exactly where they were, but you don't know what you'll find until you actually get there.  It appeared he hit the water straight-in because the craft was just shattered.  He was decapitated and the rest of his body was literally twisted around sheet metal.  Had no choice but to get up close and personal with the guy for about 30 minutes until I got him out.  Had to cut his foot off at the shin because it was stuck on some really thick metal and I didn't have time to cut the metal due to being at the very end of my allowable bottom time.  Subsequent dives, we got the craft on-deck and was able to pick out his remaining parts.

Really, really, really shitty way to die
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I was so scared, my fingers refused to work.  They just curled like claws.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#7]
15 years old, deer season and 1 oz slugs whistling over my head.
My asshole puckered up so tight, I could taste shit.

Not many things have rattled me since.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:18:28 AM EDT
[#8]
A strong wind gust blew a landing helicopter's tail rotor directly above my head - within inches.  The pilot was facing the wind, and it just so happened that I was directly in line with it.  

I didn't even have the time to get really scared.  It was one of those 'oh' moments where in the next milliseconds it was dying time - there were no spare milliseconds to even have my brain make my body react.

Somehow the pilot must have been switching to elevate slightly as it happened... otherwise I would have not been here any longer.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top