Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
First actual combat night patrol.  My ass stayed puckered for a day or so.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag for when I'm not on a phone.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:47:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Choking on a life saver (candy) when I was 5 or 6. Wouldn't that have been ironic.

Second time was almost drowning.

Third time was accidentally calling my Chief RDC a petty officer
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:48:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I was driving with a friend to get some beers. I was at an intersection making a left turn across a 3-lane highway.  The light turned green, I hesitated for a couple of seconds, maybe because I was talking to my friend but I don't really remember.  Once I saw the left green arrow I started making the turn when I suddenly heard / saw something moving very fast out of the left window.  There was a dumb kid in a Ferrari Honda Civic going about 75 trying to run the red light.  I didn't see it at first because the right 2 lanes of the other road had long lines of cars but the left lane was clear.  It was like slow motion I could see it trying to stop and swerving and bumping into the concrete divider.  Instinct kicked in and I floored the gas and made it through and just barely missed getting hit -- I could actually feel the air flow from the other car pushing the back of my car but no impact.

We very much appreciated those beers that night
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:51:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Trapped in an elevator in a part of a building I probably shouldn't have been in and nobody else was either. I finally managed to force the door open.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:52:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Either flying in to Sangin on a V-22 Osprey, or driving through Sangin in broad daylight. That or our convoy getting lost in the middle of Fallujah in the middle of the night. We sat stopped for quite a while and there was quite a bit of movement coming to observe us.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:52:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I was on duty and went to a medical call to assist the ambulance crew. Got in scene guy had over dosed on God knows what. He is laying on the ground as I approach. He jumps up and tackled me. I got him in my guard and he grabbed my duty weapon. I had a double retention holster but the fight was on. I couldn't get him off me so I pulled him down towards my chest and shot him in the throat with the taser. All happened in about 15 seconds.

I got him hooked and to the hospital. He was on parole and I charged him he went back for two years. Needless to say I was a little scared  when I felt him grab for my pistol.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:02:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Falling several hundred feet down a mountain in Alaska.

Fighting through a volcanic eruption by myself in my POV in Alaska to take take thousands of soldiers in training mask to survive.  I was the only vehicle moving on Ft. Greely. That small award means far more than my MSM.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#9]

When I was about 7, I went with my older cousin to check his trot lines on a creek in the woods. He decided to have fun with me, took both flash lights and disappeared leaving me stranded a mile deep in the woods at night. I had to find my way out of there and then another mile walk on the highway to my grandparents.

My grandparents and his parents beat the shit out of him for that. Evil fucker.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:19:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Recently had a heart attack in Taiwan while on business for a job I could not stand to do anymore. Worst few minutes of my life. All alone on the floor of my hotel room and all I could think about was how I was going to die alone in that shit hole and never see my Wife again.  Weird part (which I found out later after returning to the states from a week long stint in a Taiwan hospital) is that I am in relatively great shape and no physical problems other than a strange heart defect which is what caused it.  Been living with a ticking time bomb for years and never knew it.  Go figure....
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:21:42 AM EDT
[#11]
While I have never known the horror of watching my kids go for surgery (no kids here) or watched as my friends may be dieing in a fire, I do have a story to add. Im a roof inspector and designer. I was on a smaller storage building at LAX and heard the center support beam snap from corrosion. The peaked roof I was on started to sway and collapse. My partner at the time was fairly new to the field and I saw him take off for the edge ( figured he jumped off) when The building started coming down. Jake made it to our lift but I was stuck in the center of the building. I stepped from one metal panel to the next as the seems began tearing apart. The roof finally came to rest on some shelves inside the storage building and I calmly stepped off the roof into the lift basket, picking up Jakes folder he was taking notes in on the way. He couldn't believe I stayed that calm as the building was coming down. I nearly collapsed afterward and to this day I have a hard time walking metal panel roofs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Almost going down in a helicopter in the Gulf of Mexico. You'll never get me in another helicopter.

That scared me worse than pulling my gun on two guys who wanted to cut me up for my empty wallet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bad kayak spill about 6 months ago.
The water was lower than normal, this made more boulders stick out and the water more focused into small gaps.
Aside from the cuts and bruises, I ended up ripping lots of skin off my fingers and hands while trying to hold on to stuff and fight the water.

Got some altered finger prints out of it.
View Quote

I was cliff diving on a white water trip this summer.  They couldn't pull me back in and I took a mile ride down through the rapids.  I didn't have my life vest very snug.  I was convinced that I was going to die.  Came out battered bruised and breathing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:10:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was cliff diving on a white water trip this summer.  They couldn't pull me back in and I took a mile ride down through the rapids.  I didn't have my life vest very snug.  I was convinced that I was going to die.  Came out battered bruised and breathing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad kayak spill about 6 months ago.

The water was lower than normal, this made more boulders stick out and the water more focused into small gaps.

Aside from the cuts and bruises, I ended up ripping lots of skin off my fingers and hands while trying to hold on to stuff and fight the water.

Got some altered finger prints out of it.

Good lord, these water stories make me uneasy just reading them.  Glad you guys are ok.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:10:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was 18 and at one of my best freinds (who I thought were my freinds) house. they didn't even have the balls to rob me themselves they paid someone to do it. I had a large amount of cash in my bag.me and my one freind were sitting inside and everyone else was on the porch then I noticed they were gone. Two minutes later a guy in a ski mask came running in screaming give up the money I kept saying I didn't have anything he put me in the shower pistol whipped me and by the time I could see straight he was gone and I was ten grand lighter. The next day I found out it was my freinds that set me up. Any other time I would of had a gun on me but I was with my boys and never in a million years would I of thought they would do that.

Eta:the reason I was shitting bricks was because the only thing I could think of was the scene from scar face when they chopped the guy up in the shower. Lucky for me it he was just putting on a show to make it seem like it was a random robbery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had a guy run into a house I was in with a ski mask on and a gun. He put me in the shower I thought I was dead but he just pistol whipped me and ran off.

Any backstory to this?

Honestly thought I was going to drown a couple of years ago. Hopped off of the boat to grab an item that had fallen overboard, turned around in the water and the boat was 30-45 feet away. We were in a deep channel in the middle of the lake and the boat driver was inexperienced. They drifted a ways down while I ended up having to tread water for about 20 minutes while he maneuvered his way back. 20 minutes doesn't sound like a long time, but when you aren't sure if your ride is going to be able to make It back, you start to get a little nervous lol.

There was a while that I considered just swimming for the shore, but with the boat traffic I was nervous that I would be struck if I tried to go for It. Not to mention it was a good distance.

I was 18 and at one of my best freinds (who I thought were my freinds) house. they didn't even have the balls to rob me themselves they paid someone to do it. I had a large amount of cash in my bag.me and my one freind were sitting inside and everyone else was on the porch then I noticed they were gone. Two minutes later a guy in a ski mask came running in screaming give up the money I kept saying I didn't have anything he put me in the shower pistol whipped me and by the time I could see straight he was gone and I was ten grand lighter. The next day I found out it was my freinds that set me up. Any other time I would of had a gun on me but I was with my boys and never in a million years would I of thought they would do that.

Eta:the reason I was shitting bricks was because the only thing I could think of was the scene from scar face when they chopped the guy up in the shower. Lucky for me it he was just putting on a show to make it seem like it was a random robbery.

I am assuming these are ex-friends now?  Also did they end up in jail?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:10:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Flying (as a pasenger) in an older model Huey through a valley in southern Honduras. The chopper hit a wire, and all of a sudden we were hurtling sideways toward some very large trees. The door was open, and my first thought was "I'm gonna get impaled on one of those large tree limbs when they come through the cabin." The pilot recovered the aircraft, and we were able to set down safely.

Up till then, my scariest moment was my first VC rocket attack.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:13:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had a guy run into a house I was in with a ski mask on and a gun. He put me in the shower I thought I was dead but he just pistol whipped me and ran off.

Any backstory to this?

Honestly thought I was going to drown a couple of years ago. Hopped off of the boat to grab an item that had fallen overboard, turned around in the water and the boat was 30-45 feet away. We were in a deep channel in the middle of the lake and the boat driver was inexperienced. They drifted a ways down while I ended up having to tread water for about 20 minutes while he maneuvered his way back. 20 minutes doesn't sound like a long time, but when you aren't sure if your ride is going to be able to make It back, you start to get a little nervous lol.

There was a while that I considered just swimming for the shore, but with the boat traffic I was nervous that I would be struck if I tried to go for It. Not to mention it was a good distance.

What did you have 10g in the bag for?  Obviously they knew you had the money.  Buying a car or something?

Did you get the money back?  What a fucked up situation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:13:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Scared for my life? I'd rather not say...most people would laugh.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:17:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Hit by a car on my bike when I was 14 or so. Right side of my face went into the windshield, left knee went into the grill of the car and flew off the hood. I called 911 from my couch bleeding all over the place barely conscience not sure how long I was going to be awake.

OH! And it was one of the FSA fucks that hit me and while I called 911 he was out bitching about his windshield.

Doesn't compare to some of the responses here at all
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Jumping out of a plane at 18,000 feet. I kissed my ass goodbye. But god said I should live.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Earlier this year when i was extremely suicidal.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:32:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Last July on a frac site. We were pumping 90 barrels a minute at 9,900 psi when I went to the back of a pump to retrieve some parts. Just as I got to the rear of the pump the block valve on that pump separated. It sounded like the sky shit a freight train on top of me. I couldn't see a damn thing and I was getting beamed by giant chunks of earth.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#23]
I was buried.....it sucked.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Earlier this year when i was extremely suicidal.
View Quote

Awe shit man that's not good. If you need someone to talk to I'm here I can even point you to Marine Corrps chaplains. Stay strong there are people here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I once found a spider in the shoe I was about to put on.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:11:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I have two....the first was my kids and I out snow machining when my son was 15-16..just us back in the mountains..boy got brave and zoomed up a steep hill, hit the top and instead of backing off the gas he just turned and did a gradual turnout..hill was steep enough he decided to keep his speed up(doing maybe 15 mph), well he gets pointed back downhill and ends up full throttle..hits bottom of hill and just as he gets his weight back and off the throttle he hits a 4 ft roller..as the sled goes airborne the chopped throttle caused the sled to endo..pile driving my son head first into the ground..I figured for sure he was dead..I was off and running before he hit , knowing it was bad...got to him..no signs of movement, no phone service, 13-14 year old daughter screaming...I didn't even try to move him, just got my knees on each side of his head and started trying to figure out how to get him breathing without moving him..seemed like forever but he started breathing on his own after about 15-20 seconds.., I held him still, head between my knees, arms pinned by mine while I watched him fully understand what had happened..took about 10-15 minutes before he had assured me enough that he could move and feel everything in his extremities before I would release his head and arms...another 15-20 minutes before I let him try moving..turned out other then  a stiff back, getting the wind knocked out of him, and his pride banged up he was ok..that one took 10 years off my life.....

The second one was the split second I realized that  this was not going to be a good result....

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:15:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I got pinned between my old 53 f100 that fell off the jack and my mom's MG.

Thought it was going to crush me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Running around the FOB doing stupid shit because it was my first deployment and I was a Lance Corporal. My platoon was tasked to go to Camp Falluja for 12 hours for something...at least to get decent haircuts.
I got in the back of 7-ton waiting to go. Then we got stood down, and we went back to our hooch's. I put my rifle on my rack and went to the MWR to surve ARFcom for a little bit (we didn't have to have our weapons on us 24/7 as it was a very small FOB and just us). We suddenly got the go ahead and I ran to don my gear an go.

Got on the truck again and something didn't feel right. Trucks started moving toward the ECP and it finally hit me...fuck! I left my rifle on my rack!!!!!!

Trucks stopped so my squad leader could get our Plt Sgt who was also going.

I happily volunteered to go get him

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I got mugged in my bed by two black kids with guns back in my college days. Somehow they knew I had a large sum of cash on hand. They never got it, but they never got caught either. Prolly the other time, was racing ATV motocross at High Point, and touched another atv in the air when they had the big finish line section, at about 40moh and 20 feet in the air.............knowing that neither of us was landing on a quad, but instead they would be landing on us or near us.......as we both flew through the air the next 35 feet before landing. After I woke up from being knocked out for 15 minutes........I wasn't much scared of any jumps....I figured I didn't remember much of what happened then....any worse would be death, so how bad could it be? lol. I had migraines for about 6 months after that, and was sensitive to head impacts for over a year.....concussions are no joke.

But I can't imagine that would compare to the fear if some of these stories happened to my children  Thank GOD I've never had any real sick to my stomach terror yet regarding my children. I can only imagine what some of you might have went through. Glad that everything worked out ok for them in these stories!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The first time I fired my Glock.....  

http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~cas7/gifs/boom.gif

As a Glock fan, that shit is funny.

Well played
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#31]
The most frightened I've ever been  was right before surgery.
I hate needles and the thought of being cut  open and spread out like an engine being overhauled keep me awake weeks for  before the date.
I had to obtain some Xanex from my doctor to calm down.
After three orbits around the hospital trying to work up the courage I called the admittance desk and asked if they would meet me at the door and make sure I went in.
They knew I was freaking out and terrified so the pre surgery staff was waiting for me. they had changed out of my cloths, in a bed and sedated in less than 5 minutes after my arrival.
I was told the last thing I said before going out was "take care of my dog", not what the wife wants to hear from her husband before he goes in for major surrey.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#32]
The day I came home to no kids, no dog, half empty house.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:30:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Driving across a 2000 ft bridge into a tornado at night.

Left a friends house after playing cards in early 2005.  Didn't pay attention to the thunderstorm occuring in front of me.  A lot of lightning should have warned me.  As I approached the bridge, the lights went out in the city behind me and I hit a wall of water.  At this point there was no turning around due to barriers separating lanes of traffic.  As I drove onto the bridge the wind picked up and I started noticing tree branches and other debris flying from my right to left.  I just hammered it to get across.  I just knew I was going to be picked up and thrown into the water 80 feet below.  Actually put my hand on the window button to roll it down once I went airborne in the hopes of getting out of the vehicle after going into the water.  I made it to the other side where there are slopes on both sides of the road to shield the wind.  At the point I just pulled over to the side and sat there for about 10 minutes while catching my breath and to let my heart rate decrease.  Thank god I didn't piss myself.

The only thing I think that saved me was the bridge railing was even with the top of the car I was driving.  NWS reported it at a low F2.  I now have anxiety whenever severe weather is around or forecast.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:44:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Probably when I got blowed up and shot at the same time in douchebagistan. And my first free fall jump.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Nothing as bad as what's been said in this thread, but I once thought someone was in my house in the wee hours of the morning. I was away from my phone, but hid behind a chair, in the dark, with my gun pointed down the hall for about 20 minutes. Finally summoned the nerves to clear the house. A picture had fallen off the wall in the back bedroom. Why does that always happen at night?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Landing a friend's Piper Cherokee.
View Quote

I soloed in a Cherokee

One time on a cross-continent flight, my Commercial rated buddy and I stretched the rubber band too far and his 151 Warrior engine quit over Gallup, NM as we lined up for a straight-in approach.

He handled the engine failure like a pro, and did not miss a beat taking action (fuel pump, switch tanks).

But it was sure quiet...

eta: Loudest sound I ever heard was the electronic lock behind me as I entered a tank with 64 convicted and pre-trial offenders to babysit them for 12 hours for the first time by myself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#37]
When I jumped out of my police car with just a handgun to confront a guy with an sks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I don't have anything that holds a candle to some of the above experiences.

Mine was a home invasion by one inky redhead and three brothers that rushed me when I opened the door. I can't think of anything else where I was so suddenly overwhelmed by rapidly shifting circumstances.

Worst part of it is the useleness of any advanced preps, I had no time to react, in a split second the scenario flipped before I had time to realize what was happening. Lucky for me was cousin was upstairs and ran down to help.
View Quote
NEVER OPEN/ANSWER THE DOOR

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:09:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Some whackadoo tried to murder me on the side of the highway; no cover, no concealment. Dozens of vehicles stopped on the roadway with passengers in the foot-wells. Closest unit 40+ miles away.

The scary part wasn't a gunfight, but rather the irrationality and unpredictability of an EDP who I could tell was then contemplating carjacking some poor folks

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The day I came home to no kids, no dog, half empty house.

View Quote

Dang, man.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#41]
First one is funny. As a kid I hunted snakes. Catch em, weigh, measure, take field notes, pics and release... super nerd... well dad was teaching a Hunter ed class at the local IWLA, so off I go in search of my first copperhead. I get a lead that they had some the 3D archery trail last week. The targets are all life size air brushed animals in various positions and distances along the trail to.present life like hunting scenarios. Baboons, squirrel, deer, bear etc...

I find some good lookin logs that might house salamanders... no dice... continue down the trail, round a corner and come face to face with my certain death... there is no way I can out maneuver this animal, I have snake tongs as  only means of defence, I'm fat and this animal does one thing extremely well... kill... at the top of a small hill, crouched behind a chord stack of wood, ears pinned back and eyes drilling a hole through me... mountain lion... my heart stopped and I nearly filled my pants... it felt like 15 min had passed before I remembered where I was.... 3D target trail...

Second was much more serious.... Sophia came out with the chord around her neck, and they had to cut the chord to  her out... I still remember the doc scrambling to try to get the  chord over her head while calmly telling us "oh she's ok.... she's fine..." wife is frantic asking how the  is... cut the chord, unwrap her neck and out she comes, white as a sheet and limp... "oh look at her... blah blah blah" doc goes on like she is fine.. Sophia is unresponsive as they move her to the warming table... nurse picks up the phone and our room is instantly filled with people... it felt like 5 min before she made any kind of noise... time stood still for me in that moment and I would have gladly traded my life for hers, not a second thought...

Now y'all got me goin... darn kids..
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#42]
I have two. Different kinds of fear, but both somewhat significant.

I walked into my first apartment one night when I was 17, and a big man was running from my bedroom, to the patio. (my apartment was about 350 sf) He was wearing ski gloves. I had cash on the table that wasn't touched, and my car was in the carport like it was every night when I was home. I met my new neighbors that evening, and they invited me over,  Every other night I would have been home, either reading on the couch, or in bed but for that random encounter with the new people that moved in across the hall.

I let go of my son's hand after walking with him on his way to the surgical suite for brain surgery.

Everything turned out fine, but sometimes I can't sleep thinking about the "what if's"
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When the crazy bitch I was banging told me she thought she was pregnant
View Quote

lol been shot at by like age 13, held bails at gunpoint, in a knife fight, and I have to second this. I was 20, she was pretty much a whore and told me she was pregnant. Scariest thing in the world.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

lol been shot at by like age 13, held bails at gunpoint, in a knife fight, and I have to second this. I was 20, she was pretty much a whore and told me she was pregnant. Scariest thing in the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the crazy bitch I was banging told me she thought she was pregnant

Do you live in Compton, or Beirut?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#45]
When the trailed we lived in as a kid (I was 11) begin to lift off in the tornado or when I was robbed at gunpoint at a pizza place I worked. He made me tie the shift leader's hands and then he tied mine and made us turn around and kneel down. Thought for sure he was going to cap us both.
The tornado scattered the trailer over a couple of acres and tossed my sister and I into the cotton field.  I took a pretty good lick to the head and had a concussion but we were otherwise basically untouched. Just scratches and bumps and bruises.  I still have a dent just behind my left temple.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#46]
in a small boat during a winter storm in the gulf of maine...

wreck diving and visibility suddenly went to zero...

free climbing and getting into a spot with no way out...
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#47]
First was the Mexicans shooting at me and a buddy walking a canal bank from a yellow VW Bug
2nd was swimming in an estuary in the Gulf of Mexico when the water decided to leave and take me out to sea, I swam my ass off to get back to the point.

1st bike wreck 750 2 stroke Suzuki went into a monster death wobble as I topped 3rd gear, tossed me off doing a 100 or so and I skipped down the road I remembered to tuck my arms in so they wouldn't break. Got into the grass and just missed some rebar while sliding head first on my back to a stop. just lost a bunch of skin as I was wearing jeans and a light ski coat.

Once we went to a cabin on Lake Louise and the rear axle carrier broke on the ancient SkiDoo I was riding. My dad and the others just left me there saying they would be back in a few minutes. This was winter of 76 and my first snowmobile trip, all I had was jeans and a half decent coat and knit cap. Interior Alaska is not very warm so after a couple of hours waiting I figured

i would walk the trail back to the cabin, it was only a couple of miles. I walked a bit until I got where the wind had erased our fresh tracks so I followed the most prominent track which led me into a dead end bay in 30 inch deep snow, turned and followed my tracks back out, the lake is narrow with lots of bays and blind channels so I figured that while I was freezing and mostly lost I knew the general direction I had to go so i trudged back to the first area and kept walking towards the next bay, wind was blowing its ass off and I was questioning how much further

i could walk in the deep snow when the others finally came back on the other side from me after leaving me for over 3 hours.

fuel tank broke open in a used boat we had just bought at the same time one of the engines overheated and quit, 6 people in a boat with one dead motor and fuel an inch deep on the floor was not cool

same boat we got anchored from the stern in Cook Inlet while trying to save an antique anchor, engine stall and swung the boat in the 6 knot current so the starboard rear corner dipped under the surface instantly shipping about 100 gallons of ocean, it popped back up barely above the water and I had flown from the bow grabbing a knife and cutting the line before we sank, which is a death sentence where we were
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#48]
I was 14 when two dindus pointed what turned out to be a tear gas pistol at me and my friend and told us to get off our mopeds while sitting and bullshitting at a local elementary school. I grew up in liberal NJ and a democrat household with zero knowledge of guns. My father made me hunt those fuckers though for two weeks every spare minute we had in Lawnside NJ. One of the first African American communities in the US. We finally caught up to one on my buddies moped in front of a post office in that town and my father used his pickup to run him onto the back of a Cadillac. My dad held him while post office called the cops on the bad white man who assaulted the poor black kid out front. So i was pretty scared twice although these kids were 16 and 17 years old. I would not attempt this now w/o a firearm but this was 1980. Serial number from the police report told the tale immediately and the one Dindu ratted the other out immediately.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#50]
1980....first night Airborne jump.  Got scared after seeing ....chaplain in stic praying like devil himself was waiting below.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top