Just no.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. No fucking way.

Just no.
View Quote

Nononononon.. we would be more likely to LOSE more rights.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
GD hates this idea more than mccribs and apple products
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GD hates this idea
View Quote

Do you realize that Bill Ayers is one of the backers of this idea? Shall I go on?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
You want the same people who fucked it up to fix it. It doesn't work that way
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. No fucking way.

Just no.

Read Matt bracken. No.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No. No fucking way.

Just no.

This. The US population is hooked on its free shit and is eager to take more. if you open that can of worms, you will almost certainly rue the results.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it's a good idea but only if we sack almost all (99.99%) of our politicians first.  You can't trust this current crop to work in the interest of anyone other than themselves and their paymasters.  We just got saddled with liability for the derivative losses being incurred by the Too Big To Jail. That wasn't in the interest of We The People.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Not again.....

No only has two letters in it. It's not that long of a word.

I'm sure it sounds really neat in a vacuum of discussion but real world it simply is going to get us all fucked worse then we are.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#12]
The States could convene and abolish the current constitution and Federal government entirely... and it wouldn't change anything.   The Federal government would continue operation uninterrupted.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Bill Ayers is in no way associated with this movement.  Don't spread misinformation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD hates this idea

Do you realize that Bill Ayers is one of the backers of this idea? Shall I go on?

Bill Ayers is in no way associated with this movement.  Don't spread misinformation.

Uh... according to him, he is a very strong supporter of the idea. You might want to take this up with Bill. He recently debated this very topic with Dinesh D'Souza.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. No fucking way.

Just no.

This
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Clarification: I'm saying he is not associated with this specific movement, www.conventionofstates.com

This specific effort is intended to limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD hates this idea

Uh... according to him, he is a very strong supporter of the idea. You might want to take this up with Bill. He recently debated this very topic with Dinesh D'Souza.

Clarification: I'm saying he is not associated with this specific movement, www.conventionofstates.com

This specific effort is intended to limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government.

The constitution, as written, is not the problem.  

Make it say whatever you want.  That still won't fix the problem.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#17]
If it was decided and announced before the calling of said convention that its agreed-upon purpose would be to establish amendments for a balanced budget, a Presidential line item veto, federal term limits and to convert the federal tax system to a flat tax with the agenda not to be changed, then I would support it.

But with the possibility of a convention with an open agenda, where troublemakers could get in and fuck things up grievously by trying to abolish the 2nd or even the entire constitution, I don't support the idea.  And until the situation is for the agenda to be hammered out so that there is no chance for a quiet revolution to take place during a convention I cannot support having one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

they more than feinstein and Obama.

In short we do not have the level of altruism needed for such a thing. Personally I believe it will happen no matter what we say and we will be royally screwed.

When they strip the 4th, 2nd, 1st,10th and whatever else they would like to do  like.... Presidents have continue terms up 20years etc....

I not going to follow whatever the cram down everyone throats anyway.

So go ahead I guess, but I certainly not going to ASK to be screwed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nope.  Congress' ONLY role is to confirm that the required number of states has applied for a convention.

After that they are outside of the process and this is a movement by the STATES.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  Congress' ONLY role is to confirm that the required number of states has applied for a convention.

After that they are outside of the process and this is a movement by the STATES.

lol and the state are any better....

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD hates this idea

and it will simply ignore it. and what are you guys going to do about it?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

In short we do not have the level of altruism needed for such a thing. Personally I believe it will happen no matter what we say and we will be royally screwed.

When they strip the 4th, 2nd, 1st,10th and whatever else they would like to do  like.... Presidents have continue terms up 20years etc....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4th amendment is already practically meaningless as it is.  

10th hasn't had any effect since long before you were born.

1st has been under major assault for a long time.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#23]
nope nope nope
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And this is the opportunity to take power away from the federal government and return it to the states where it was intended to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this is the opportunity to take power away from the federal government and return it to the states where it was intended to be.

See my previous post.   The Federal government would blatantly ignore whatever constitutional amendments they didn't like.

What are you going to do about it?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If it was decided and announced before the calling of said convention that its agreed-upon purpose would be to establish amendments for a balanced budget, a Presidential line item veto, federal term limits and to convert the federal tax system to a flat tax with the agenda not to be changed, then I would support it.

But with the possibility of a convention with an open agenda, where troublemakers could get in and fuck things up grievously by trying to abolish the 2nd or even the entire constitution, I don't support the idea.  And until the situation is for the agenda to be hammered out so that there is no chance for a quiet revolution to take place during a convention I cannot support having one.
View Quote

Any proposed amendments would still have to go through the process of ratification by 3/4ths of the states.  If we are at the point where 3/4th of the states would ban the 2nd then we are already fooked beyond what this convention could possibly do.

The ability to limit congressional terms alone makes this worth pursuing.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Any proposed amendments would still have to go through the process of ratification by 3/4ths of the states.  If we are at the point where 3/4th of the states would ban the 2nd then we are already fooked beyond what this convention could possibly do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  I'm sure the people of Barbara Boxer's district will elect someone much better next time if Babs is barred from running again.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Would you trust any elected official with rewriting our constitution today?  Any of them?  Even a single one of them?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like California and NY and NJ?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How effective was it the last time the states decided to neuter the feds?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The States could convene and abolish the current constitution and Federal government entirely... and it wouldn't change anything.   The Federal government would continue operation uninterrupted.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Dear God, what a stupid idea.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

This

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This

Yep. This is just a Levin-fueled fantasy. It's way too late to change things by working within Constitutional lines, and probably a bit early for the shooting to begin, if it ever will—and I'm fairly certain that it won't. The central idea of the United States is looking to be just another historical fizzle. It gives me no joy to have to admit that, and I wish with all my heart it were otherwise . . . but look who is president and the masses on that man's side.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#35]
There is only one thing that needs to happen and that is the repeal of the 17th Amendment.

If the states legislatures still had representation in the fed govt, we would not be in this position.

ETA. the 17th upset the checks and balances and bastardized the fed govt into having virtually no restrictions, because everybody is popularly elected.

That is the problem.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#36]
This needs to be done.  We are being run by a minority of the population who are left-wing.

Do some research on it before you make up your mind.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

This needs to be done.  We are being run by a minority of the population who are left-wing.

Do some research on it before you make up your mind.
View Quote
They are not the minority. If they all voted, we'd be fucked already. They are the "moron majority" and are exactly who Jonathan Gruber was speaking of.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#38]
The bully pulpit is the Federal government, and they wont go away without a fight.
They will destroy States rather than give up the power.

Bill Ayers thinks he can change the Constitution by having a Constitutional Convention backed by the young headed full of mush from college indoctrinated that will stand behind him, and they will.

Too make it faster. He wants it taken to the streets.

Glenn Beck warned about this last winter. The information that he had and was talking about it was that by the end of we would have riots spreading all over the streets in the US.

Well he was right. It is only going to get worst.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Brohawk,

ARFCOM GD put the GD in _od _amn it.

Public Education and the failure to use GOOGLE.com to find the actual facts of an ARTICLE 5 is beyond them.

So, even hanging out with the Hicks in the Sticks, the Ivy fucking League pinky finger outers, yada yada... of ARFCOM

tells me the that it is too late to carve chunks off the the God da-da-damn FED.gov Leviathon.

The Republic, sir:

BUTT!!! I'll still fight the Good Fight.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There is only one thing that needs to happen and that is the repeal of the 17th Amendment.

If the states legislatures still had representation in the fed govt, we would not be in this position.

ETA. the 17th upset the checks and balances and bastardized the fed govt into having virtually no restrictions, because everybody is popularly elected.

That is the problem.
View Quote

Another issue is the democratic nature that has overtaken the EC.  It should be reformed to make its functioning closer to the original intent, which was not the choosing of a popular president.  The non-popular nature of the presidency was also supposed to be an element in the system of checks and balances.  Only the House was supposed to be a popular institution (and even then, "popular" had a much more restricted meaning than today's practice, hence the widespread use of the qualified franchise).

Another problem is the courts.  There needs to be some way to make it clear that their role is not to amend the constitution as they see fit, but rather, to faithfully interpret and apply the laws.  The courts have assumed way too much power, so much so that our constitution is essentially a dead letter.  I'm not sure what the wording or mechanisms should be, but clearly impeachment has failed as a mechanism because the will to use it for this purpose (which is a legitimate usage according to the Founders) never seems to exist.

The income tax is another thing that needs to be removed.  It provides a mechanism for nearly unlimited growth of the size and power of the state and for redistribution of wealth on a large scale.

The 14th Amendment has also caused many problems based on the courts willfully misinterpreting the intent of its Framers (and Congress has at ties done so as well, aided and abetted by the courts).  It needs to be modified and perhaps have provisions be repealed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow all the naysayers also to happen to be on my DU suspected troll list. Who would of thought.

I am glad all you leftists like to post in gun forums and all and It is apparent you are afraid of us using this to get control back and go back to the way this nation was founded.

And to those who are not DU trolls and still say no. What a bunch of cowards! you dishonor me and everyone else who has served this nation in any capacity by you pure cowardness. You do not give a damn ab out the future generations you just want to hold off the destruction of this nation long enough before you die.

Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I love this topic because it shows just how ridiculous GD is sometimes.

Most of GD would tell you the country is going down the drain and they would rather "the fight" start sooner than later.

You bring up a way (that in their own mind) would somehow start "the fight" and they are all against it.

One of the few topics that shows GD is all hot air
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Most of GD would tell you the country is going down the drain and they would rather "the fight" start sooner than later.

You bring up a way (that in their own mind) would somehow start "the fight" and they are all against it.

View Quote
LOL.

This is the "conservatard" (not my word) way of tilting at windmills.

Grow the fuck up. This is never going to happen, and if it did, you would rue the results. YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#44]
You don't expect the tards on GD to understand the concept of a convention of STATES under article 5?
George Mason saw a problem and found a clever solution.
Too bad we Americans are too far gone to understand and listen to what the man had to say.

Mark Levin has been harping on this for a while now.
See the "Liberty Amendments".
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You don't expect the tards on GD to understand the concept of a convention of STATES under article 5?

Too bad we Americans are too far gone to understand and listen to what the man had to say.

View Quote
We understand fully the retardation inherent in the call for this. That's what you are ignoring. NOTHING good will come of this.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

LOL.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.  

This is the "conservatard" (not my word) way of tilting at windmills.

Grow the fuck up. This is never going to happen, and if it did, you would rue the results. YMMV.
The SOM flag already outed you but this comment just reconfirms it. Go back to DU.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD hates this idea

I do don't care.  Do you realize that there are thirty-one state legislators that are controlled by Republicans, only eleven state legislators controlled by Democrats and eight state legislators that are split.  Ask me how I know that you don't know what an Article V Convention is.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

We understand fully the retardation inherent in the call for this. That's what you are ignoring. NOTHING good will come of this.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much what William Franklin said to his father Ben Franklin. There has always been naysayers in ever generation who stand in the way of liberty. Who make excuses why it will end up worse. You have shown your colors and the founding fathers roll in their graves at such comments. The only reason we can not defeat anti liberty is because we have to contend with modern day tories and naysayers.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

The people that have "fucked it up" reside within the Beltway and are EXCLUDED from the process.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dear God, what a stupid idea.
View Quote

Yeah that James Madison was a retard.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top