Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
quoting:
So the He-Man Anti-Christian Club doesn't want to be grouped together and stereotyped but you will twist yourselves into pretzels to defend fellow atheist groups that lie?

What a curious tribe...

On a morality continuum I would put a misquote which they went on to correct as much less of a problem than the systematic problems in the multiple religions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

okay, wasn't the best quote, but as the article states the intent was there.

lets try this one
http://i60.tinypic.com/2nja8no.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ITT:  Butthurt theists that haven't read their own book.

An example of a solid "conservative christian"

http://i62.tinypic.com/29vjrpi.jpg

Apparently another lie from the He-man Anti-Christian Club

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/05/atheists-go-godless-billboard-campaign-slams-abhorrent-statements-from-palin-gingrich-and-santorum/

The truth will be ignored in order to keep a "good" meme going.

okay, wasn't the best quote, but as the article states the intent was there.

lets try this one
http://i60.tinypic.com/2nja8no.jpg

keep posting...this is funny stuff.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
quoting:
So the He-Man Anti-Christian Club doesn't want to be grouped together and stereotyped but you will twist yourselves into pretzels to defend fellow atheist groups that lie?

What a curious tribe...

On a morality continuum I would put a misquote which they went on to correct as much less of a problem than the systematic problems in the multiple religions.
View Quote

They were caught lying. Don't defend liars. It makes you look like you approve of lying.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"The most disappointing thing about it is that it rewards illegal behavior. The people who tried to burn down that billboard now feel justified," he said. "What they're doing is saying if you damage billboards you disagree with, they won't put them up anymore. It's a sad example of people thinking the rights of the non-religious matter less, except this time instead of a town government, it's a corporation."

I agree.
View Quote

Same here. Even though I agree as a business owner I would have made the same call, but it sucks it would have to go that way.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Some Atheists like to show their intellectual "superiority" over theists.  They like to be cool and hip by using words like "sky wizard" to mock others beliefs.  Really they come off sounding like seventh grade asshole children.  I just assume that their mommies and daddies never gave them enough attention.  LOOK AT ME!!! I SOOOOO SMART!!!!  

For the record I'm agnostic who respects the beliefs of others, unless you are being a douchbag about it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Simple solution: atheists buy the billboards. I'm sure Clear Channel will sell for the right price.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What part of getting away with vandalism due to government collusion is being a pushover?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christians need to stop being pushovers, good for them and anti-theists can be butt hurt all they want.  Christians can only be fed to the lions so many times before they start fighting back against the haters, because they want to burn the churches next.

What part of getting away with vandalism due to government collusion is being a pushover?

What evidence of government collusion do you have?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"The most disappointing thing about it is that it rewards illegal behavior. The people who tried to burn down that billboard now feel justified," he said. "What they're doing is saying if you damage billboards you disagree with, they won't put them up anymore. It's a sad example of people thinking the rights of the non-religious matter less, except this time instead of a town government, it's a corporation."

I agree.
View Quote

It's probably better to burn atheists anti-religious billboards than it is to set atheists on fire.

A hundred or so years ago, we would have just thrown the atheists in with the yule log.

D
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Probably some of them doing it trying to make  Christians look bad. Or some other people
View Quote

My first thought. Seems like almost every time the liberals/leftists are "victimized", it is self inflicted in an attempt to gain sympathy and make their opposition look like criminals.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some Atheists like to show their intellectual "superiority" over theists.  They like to be cool and hip by using words like "sky wizard" to mock others beliefs.  Really they come off sounding like seventh grade asshole children.  I just assume that their mommies and daddies never gave them enough attention.  LOOK AT ME!!! I SOOOOO SMART!!!!  

For the record I'm agnostic who respects the beliefs of others, unless you are being a douchbag about it.
View Quote

But He-man Anti christian club posted above is okay?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They were caught lying. Don't defend liars. It makes you look like you approve of lying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
quoting:

What a curious tribe...

Religions have been lying for years.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
<snip>

BTW, atheism is as much a religion as not playing football is a sport.

<snip>

View Quote

Holy crap, I'm an athlete!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's probably better to burn atheists anti-religious billboards than it is to set atheists on fire.

A hundred or so years ago, we would have just thrown the atheists in with the yule log.

D
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

D

That's a bad argument. If I destroy your property, do I get a pass because my great grandpa would have killed you instead? Should you be grateful?

If what you mean is that it's ok to commit crimes against people you don't like, just say so. Don't use lame rationalizations to pretend you hold some kind of moral high ground.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Gwitness:

Just for you buddy  

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Reactionaries are usually assholes.

If you try to rent a pro-Dallas Cowboys/anti-Eagles billboard in Philly, the same thing will happen.  It's a dick move.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

D
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

D

Who was burning atheists in fireplaces at Christmas in 1914?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If you try to rent a pro-Dallas Cowboys/anti-Eagles billboard in Philly, the same thing will happen.  It's a dick move.
View Quote

Saying things that hurt people's feelings is a dick move or trying to burn down private property because your feelings got hurt is a dick move?

FWIW, I live in hope of the day that I see a news story about a sports fan in the "wrong" jersey shooting a violent mob in the "right" jerseys in justifiable self defense.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Saying things that hurt people's feelings is a dick move or trying to burn down private property because your feelings got hurt is a dick move?

FWIW, I live in hope of the day that I see a news story about a sports fan in the "wrong" jersey shooting a violent mob in the "right" jerseys in justifiable self defense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stirring shit usually results in shit being stirred.  It is exactly the response they were looking for.  It was anticipated.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So the Christians are now blading the other cheek at 45...

Good for them.
View Quote

Classy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christians need to stop being pushovers, good for them and anti-theists can be butt hurt all they want.  Christians can only be fed to the lions so many times before they start fighting back against the haters, because they want to burn the churches next.

This has been covered.

I went on to clarify that I'd be willing to bet on a wink and an attaboy over a false flag by the atheists.

I didn't state it as a fact, but as a, in my opinion, a viable possibility.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#21]
So, they got their request denied because immoral theists couldn't handle freedom of speech and tried to break the law to destroy something they didn't like, and the company that owns said thing didn't want their shit destroyed chose not to put up a message that will anger the people who hate freedom?

Color me shocked.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

How do you know it was a Christian who vandalized the billboards? Answer: You Do Not. You make an assumption it was because it suits your atheist narrative.
View Quote
Because Christians brag about vandalizing atheist displays, or at least claim they would vandalize them, or that they should be vandalized.

Wasn't there a news story earlier in the year where I guy got busted for vandalizing an atheist display and bragging about it on facebook?

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This has been covered.

I went on to clarify that I'd be willing to bet on a wink and an attaboy over a false flag by the atheists.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been covered.

Oh...

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Atheist are worse than Liberals.

View Quote
Christians who advocate vandalism and hate freedom are worse than both.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Because Christians brag about vandalizing atheist displays, or at least claim they would vandalize them, or that they should be vandalized.

Wasn't there a news story earlier in the year where I guy got busted for vandalizing an atheist display and bragging about it on facebook?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you know it was a Christian who vandalized the billboards? Answer: You Do Not. You make an assumption it was because it suits your atheist narrative.

I don't know, was there?   One would think you'd have that straight before making the claim.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Lol. Fuck them, and their community agitation.

Reward lawless behavior?  Ever heard of the Obama admin? Fuck all these idiots their only goal is to further weaken this country.

If you don't believe don't sweat it.  I don't believe in dragons.  That's where it ends. I don't protest shit in which I dont believe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

Lol. Fuck them, and their community agitation.

Reward lawless behavior?  Ever heard of the Obama admin? Fuck all these idiots their only goal is to further weaken this country.

If you don't believe don't sweat it.  I don't believe in dragons.  That's where it ends. I don't protest shit in which I dont believe.

No, when people believe in things that may not be real and use those things to base public policy on, it becomes a problem.

Ever hear of global warming, and that people who believe in it and want to ruin our economy are challenged by people who don't believe in it?

Point is, things that don't exist can hurt you if other people believe in them.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atheists that rape puppies are even worse!  

See how easy that is?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Really you have to ask... Try opening your eyes.

For people who do not believe in God they sure are religious in their actions.

They crap on others beliefs, and try to convert others to their way of thinking

and when that does not work they use the courts to force there ways onto others.

They can't live and let live that have to be colossal kill joys in order to get their way.

They are worse because for Non-Religious people the act like hypocrites .

I'm less religious than the many of the Atheist here. Most atheist are like little kids trying to be all

cool and hip and trendy. Atheist by their actions tend to make me believe they do believe in God

but are just acting up like rebellious children.
Agnostics are at least more honest about it.

Yes the statement stands Atheist are indeed worse than Liberals, and act just like them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

and when that does not work they use the courts to force there ways onto others.

They can't live and let live that have to be colossal kill joys in order to get their way.

I'm less religious than the many of the Atheist here. Most atheist are like little kids trying to be all

cool and hip and trendy. Atheist by their actions tend to make me believe they do believe in God

Yes the statement stands Atheist are indeed worse than Liberals, and act just like them.
Says the man with a childish post trying to be cool and trendy by bashing the "ebil boogemen atheists" by constructing a strawman.

Irony...your post defines it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My first thought. Seems like almost every time the liberals/leftists are "victimized", it is self inflicted in an attempt to gain sympathy and make their opposition look like criminals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably some of them doing it trying to make  Christians look bad. Or some other people

Yep, I bet all these "persecuted christians" are just false flags as well.

No christian has ever actually been persecuted. They all do it themselves for sympathy.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

D
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

D

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Says the man with a childish post trying to be cool and trendy by bashing the "ebil boogemen atheists" by constructing a strawman.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you wonder why Christians laugh at you

I'm not bashing at all I'm stating the way it is but like a
rebellious child you are ignoring what is right in front of you

I'm just old enough to have seen this over and over again.
It's nothing new Atheist do indeed act like rebellious children.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

See how easy that is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See how easy that is?
Ah yes, bring out the no-true scottsman.

We know he's waiting in the wings with his kilt and bagpipes and all.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I don't know, was there?   One would think you'd have that straight before making the claim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was hoping someone would remember it better than me.

Regardless, we know atheist displays are vandalized all the time, by "freedom loving, not true scottsmen"...or better yet..."conspiracies and false flags, because we know christians would do this stuff"

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

See how easy that is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how easy that is?

Except we have Christians here saying that it's good when billboards get vandalized.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I know exactly why people laugh at me.  They don't see the irony and hypocrisy in their own behavior.

They have actually convinced themselves they are above it all, when in reality the are right in the middle of it doing what they claim to hate.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Except we have Christians here saying that it's good when billboards get vandalized.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See how easy that is?

Its a false flag...or they aren't real Christians...at least, not until we need them to be on our side in an evolution thread..then, then these people are real Christians.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

See how easy that is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how easy that is?

Except that no atheist in this thread has advocated puppy rape.

Several Christians have advocated or applauded vandalism in it, however.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how easy that is?

So where are all these Christians that are advocating vandalism?  Names?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how easy that is?

Oh my, "applauded" you say?   So if I advocate vandalism, as a lifelong atheist, will that even things out?

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Its a false flag...or they aren't real Christians...at least, not until we need them to be on our side in an evolution thread..then, then these people are real Christians.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how easy that is?

In UC Berkley, right near where all the "I Can't Breathe! Hands Up!" protestors were protesting, they found Cardboard cutouts of black LYNCHING victims linked to Eric Garner protests found Cardboard Black Lynching Victims hanging on campus.  Rednecks or Leftists?

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

"So the Christians are now blading the other cheek at 45... Good for them."

"Hey, it works for them why not make it work for us. Thier tactics that is. [reference to the above quote]"

"Lol. Fuck them, and their community agitation."

"Christians need to stop being pushovers, good for them and anti-theists can be butt hurt all they want. Christians can only be fed to the lions so many times before they start fighting back against the haters, because they want to burn the churches next."

"It's well past time for atheists to learn that they are the minority and the majority rules.....they don't get what they want."

I'll be fair and point out that most of the people in this thread, religious or not, were rightly appalled at the vandalism.  Several were quick to jump up and defend vandalism in "self-defense," however.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"Hey, it works for them why not make it work for us. Thier tactics that is. [reference to the above quote]"

"Christians need to stop being pushovers, good for them and anti-theists can be butt hurt all they want. Christians can only be fed to the lions so many times before they start fighting back against the haters, because they want to burn the churches next."

"It's well past time for atheists to learn that they are the minority and the majority rules.....they don't get what they want."

I'll be fair and point out that most of the people in this thread, religious or not, were rightly appalled at the vandalism.  Several were quick to jump up and defend vandalism in "self-defense," however.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them, and their community agitaion" is a call for violence?    You ARE a gentle soul.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Hold the door!  I'm gonna have my god discuss this with your god to make sure all is kosher.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fuck them, and their community agitaion" is a call for violence?    You ARE a gentle soul.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're being pedantic for it's own sake.  Some of that is mere applause and some is advocacy.

I won't insult your intelligence by spoon-feeding you reasonable conclusions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You're being pedantic for it's own sake.  Some of that is mere applause and some is advocacy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my opinion, you're making a leap via a lens that is usually only employed by the far Left.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

In my opinion, you're making a leap via a lens that is usually only employed by the far Left.
View Quote

What you did just there was to accuse me of something, then attribute nefarious motivations for it, while simultaneously clipping out what it was I actually said.  You deliberately removed the substance of what I claimed and then gave no support for your own claims.  I find that incredibly funny, considering your accusation was that I was leaping to a conclusion based on a certain ideology.

It's even funnier considering all I said was that "some Christians advocated vandalism in this thread, while most did not."  Indeed, what a Leftitst point of view.

Talking to you is tiring.  Everything has to be twisted to fit your narrative.  You refuse to acknowledge any valid point that is inconvenient to your desired outcome and instead seek ways to discredit the person who made them.

You do it every time.  Every thread, no matter the topic.

Someone says something you dislike?  Paint them in as negative a light as possible. Make reference to "the far Left" whenever they make a valid point. Don't concede any valid points.  Don't address any points raised that are inconvenient to the way you'd like the conversation to go.  

It is tiring.  And I say that as someone who likes arguing.  So this is my last word on the subject.  I know full well you won't address the substance of this post.

For further discussion, just look up the argument clinic sketch on youtube.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I agree.
View Quote

Or maybe this is a polite way of telling FFRF to fuck themselves?  Avoids any chance of a lawsuit based on discrimination.  
Waiting until the last minute to do it... PRICELESS.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I apologize for not being more accepting of the moral relativism argument that you are trying to make.  You have ascribed a certain advocacy to people whom YOU are describing as "Christian."  I guess I missed the roll call of beliefs, where everyone self-identified.

Like I said, I am a lifelong atheist, and I really have no problem with reactionary asshole, shit stirrers getting what for (by their private citizen neighbors), now and then.
I feel that way about these jackasses, and also the reactionaries who are trying to "shut it down" in response to Ferguson.

Like it or not, in many of the Somali issues we see discussed on this site, we see people using the very same Leftist, reactionary terms like "Christian Taliban" and "sky fairy."  This is nothing new, and I WILL call it when I see it.  If this hurts your delicate sensibilities -so be it.

Again, because I am an atheist, shall we paint other atheists with that brush?  If not, what is the point of bringing up these isolated anecdotes?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
quoting:

What a curious tribe...

just....stop...
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice to see the usual pants come walking into the thread, in their usual wee-weed up state.  
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top