Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone want to post their order number? I havent heard anything.
11/27 7:38pm MST

1x M-16 BCG
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got two charging handles and gas tubes.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, definitive upper review

I ordered the 10.5in railed upper and the 9in railed upper. Received the 10.5in upper so far. FWIW, the 9in rail looks to be on YHM design.

Came in a brown cardboard box with a white tube containing the upper inside. Well packed. Here it is:

Upper is well finished, kinda glossy but very oiled. T-marked but not highlighted. There are no forge marks. Well assembled, no scratches.

Barrel is marked. Unknown who the barrel manufacturer is.

Barrel is NOT chrome lined. Didn't expect it at this price point. Plus side- barrel, gas tube, upper interior and bolt show signs of test fire.

I ordered an extra CH. This is it. The CH that came in the upper is completely unmarked.

Came with a semi bolt carrier. Bolt and BC have no markings. Unknown bolt steel. Carrier looks to be properly staked.

Extra 13in rail I ordered. Rail design is unique. I'd love to know who manufactured it.

Barrel nut is non-standard. Again, I've never seen the design before.

Friction fits into the rail.

Rail is installed by tightening these bolts. I have no clue what the extra, smaller allen bolt does, but it goes through both sides of the rail.

This is interesting. To keep the rail from canting, there is a small piece with ears (see second pic) that prevents rotation. It is installed by two attached roll pins that go into these small holes. It'll be a very tight fit, they don't want to go in through thumb pressure. Might need to chase or open these holes up for installment. Again, a design I have not seen before.

Looking forward to someone doing a test fire of theirs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

(SNIP)

View Quote

Thanks for the pictures and review.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I just received the 16" 300 B/O standard upper, low profile glass block and 15" rail that I ordered.  I've not done anything but opened it up to make sure everything is there.  Everything looks good-to-go.  Nothing looks out of the ordinary.  Can't wait to get some ammo and give it a whirl.  My order # was 2212.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Received some of my small items today

Still waiting for an upper
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

9in railed upper?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

9in railed upper?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9in railed upper?

Yep
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered (2) 9" rail uppers which I'm still waiting on. However, I also ordered just the 9" rail by itself. It was on my doorstep when I got home today. The rail looks good. I'm still trying to decide which rifle I wanna put this rail on. The 2 uppers I ordered are still showing they are back ordered though. I'm in no rush for the price I paid though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Order 2159 here, railed 9" upper along with a few other parts.  The entire order is still showing processing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I got my BCG but no upper.  Now I need to buy a cheapo complete lower. Going to wait on that as I spent too much. Last few weeks of draining basement dwellers allowance have been crazy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#12]
#2191 for a 9" upper still says processing on order tracking page and b/o on the order details window.

Has anyone received a 9" upper yet?  Seems like everyone that ordered one is seeing the processing/back order on it.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
#2191 for a 9" upper still says processing on order tracking page and b/o on the order details window.

Has anyone received a 9" upper yet?  Seems like everyone that ordered one is seeing the processing/back order on it.  
View Quote

What rail comes on the 9".  Also, how is the gas block affixed to the barrel?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 9" rail is either a YHM rail or a copy of a YHM rail, looking at the attachment to the barrel. The gas blocks coming on these are screw attachment.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#15]
My order came in on Saturday, any idea what tool I need to tighten up the barrel nuts?  I need to call them on Monday anyways one of the rails is missing the barrel nut and on a quick mock up the rail seems to be about .050" lower that my uppers rail so I just may send them back along up the stripped upper and two magpul ctr's that I didn't order

Quoted:

I ordered the 10.5in railed upper and the 9in railed upper. Received the 10.5in upper so far. FWIW, the 9in rail looks to be on YHM design.

Came in a brown cardboard box with a white tube containing the upper inside. Well packed. Here it is:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_064748_630_zps637aeb42.jpg

Upper is well finished, kinda glossy but very oiled. T-marked but not highlighted. There are no forge marks. Well assembled, no scratches.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_064803_179_zps9b98226a.jpg

Barrel is marked. Unknown who the barrel manufacturer is.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_064810_247_zps2c26c7df.jpg

Barrel is NOT chrome lined. Didn't expect it at this price point. Plus side- barrel, gas tube, upper interior and bolt show signs of test fire.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_064842_406_zpsdb34e297.jpg

I ordered an extra CH. This is it. The CH that came in the upper is completely unmarked.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_064857_077_zps677f41b8.jpg

Came with a semi bolt carrier. Bolt and BC have no markings. Unknown bolt steel. Carrier looks to be properly staked.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_064908_831_zps37042c94.jpg

Extra 13in rail I ordered. Rail design is unique. I'd love to know who manufactured it.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_064945_683_zps0e3ec073.jpg

Barrel nut is non-standard. Again, I've never seen the design before.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_064956_560_zps73fbd012.jpg

Friction fits into the rail.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_065009_354_zps3abfc6dc.jpg

Rail is installed by tightening these bolts. I have no clue what the extra, smaller allen bolt does, but it goes through both sides of the rail.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_065124_083_zps65075f9e.jpg

This is interesting. To keep the rail from canting, there is a small piece with ears (see second pic) that prevents rotation. It is installed by two attached roll pins that go into these small holes. It'll be a very tight fit, they don't want to go in through thumb pressure. Might need to chase or open these holes up for installment. Again, a design I have not seen before.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/glklvr/IMG_20141212_065021_702_zps888f3496.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Got mine in (M4 upper) and it looks good...except the receiver has M4 feedramps and the barrel doesn't.

Should I just try to dremel them in or send it back?

ETA: forgot to add, LPK was missing the trigger guard roll pin, and the trigger guard is plastic.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Got mine in (M4 upper) and it looks good...except the receiver has M4 feedramps and the barrel doesn't.

Should I just try to dremel them in or send it back?

View Quote

Send it back. That's bad juju right there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Fucking rant time.  
/

Finally got my order Friday.  I ordered 3 lpks and 3 BCGs.  The box they were all shipped in was about 5 times larger than needed.  When I carried it in from outside, I heard what could only be described as a bunch of small shit rolling around in the box.  I looked down and saw a takedown pin detent spring fall out of the sealed box onto the living room floor!. I opened the box, pulled out 3 cubic feet of bubble wrap used as filler and got to the LPK boxes.  There were pins, detents, and springs everywhere except in the boxes they came in.  The lpk box is cheaply folded and inside is the grip and the thinnest, cheapest plastic container I have ever seen packed with every other part in the LPK.  Of the three kits, all of the plastic containers were broken.  Every one.  I collected the handful of parts from the bottom of the shipping box and could see that the corners were open.  I knew shit was missing.  I was so pissed I just put the kits on my workbench and walked away.   Finally got around to checking it all today and doing an inventory on the kits.  I'm missing 4 takedown pin detents, 1 takedown pin detent spring, 1 selector spring, and 2 bolt catch roll pins.

By the way, the trigger and sear face are the worst I have ever seen.  They aren't even flat.  One trigger face has a dimple in it.. No amount of polishing would make these things remotely useful.  I wasn't hoping for much when I ordered these, but damn, these are bad.  What's worst is I know if I call and complain they will probably want me to send these back in exchange for new ones...which will also end up all over the back of the Fedex truck.  Lesson learned and buyer beware.  For the price I paid I guess they are usable for spare parts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fucking rant time.  
/

Finally got my order Friday.  I ordered 3 lpks and 3 BCGs.  The box they were all shipped in was about 5 times larger than needed.  When I carried it in from outside, I heard what could only be described as a bunch of small shit rolling around in the box.  I looked down and saw a takedown pin detent spring fall out of the sealed box onto the living room floor!. I opened the box, pulled out 3 cubic feet of bubble wrap used as filler and got to the LPK boxes.  There were pins, detents, and springs everywhere except in the boxes they came in.  The lpk box is cheaply folded and inside is the grip and the thinnest, cheapest plastic container I have ever seen packed with every other part in the LPK.  Of the three kits, all of the plastic containers were broken.  Every one.  I collected the handful of parts from the bottom of the shipping box and could see that the corners were open.  I knew shit was missing.  I was so pissed I just put the kits on my workbench and walked away.   Finally got around to checking it all today and doing an inventory on the kits.  I'm missing 4 takedown pin detents, 1 takedown pin detent spring, 1 selector spring, and 2 bolt catch roll pins.

By the way, the trigger and sear face are the worst I have ever seen.  They aren't even flat.  One trigger face has a dimple in it.. No amount of polishing would make these things remotely useful.  I wasn't hoping for much when I ordered these, but damn, these are bad.  What's worst is I know if I call and complain they will probably want me to send these back in exchange for new ones...which will also end up all over the back of the Fedex truck.  Lesson learned and buyer beware.  For the price I paid I guess they are usable for spare parts.
View Quote

Well. Damn it. I read this and went to cancel my order.

It shipped

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#21]

2568 - still processing - B/O.

Maybe by spring.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#22]
received my M16 BCG.
$61 well spent I guess.
Arrived in a massive fucking box from fedex. I thought it was a barreled upper coming back from a gunsmith b/c I had just received a fedex tracking number from that guy.
Nope. A shit ton of packaging and a brown envelope with a BCG inside.
No invoice but there was a Diamondback sales pamphlet.

Looks good I guess.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
received my M16 BCG.
$61 well spent I guess.
Arrived in a massive fucking box from fedex. I thought it was a barreled upper coming back from a gunsmith b/c I had just received a fedex tracking number from that guy.
Nope. A shit ton of packaging and a brown envelope with a BCG inside.
No invoice but there was a Diamondback sales pamphlet.

Looks good I guess.
View Quote

I would rather have your package method than mine from Combat Armory.  If they are going to send a lot of that size object, optimizing the box size might save money.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my stock from LWRC
PSA upper with BCG and CH
DSA nothin
Everything from Diamond back, 2 bcg 3 CH handles. My upper I cancelled is still in progress
Combat armory tracking says still in Detroit
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Got my stock from LWRC
PSA upper with BCG and CH
DSA nothin
Everything from Diamond back, 2 bcg 3 CH handles. My upper I cancelled is still in progress
Combat armory tracking says still in Detroit
View Quote

My combat armory order finally showed up in KC yesterday. Soooo close now....
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It shipped

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking rant time.  
/

It shipped

When you get the box, immediately put it in a bucket, sheet, or something before you move it.  Spread the sheet out on the floor and carefully inspect all packing as you remove it.  After you get everything out of the shipping box, carefully cut open the other end to make sure no small parts are stuck under the flaps.  Good luck.  I think I am going to mail them a box of ziplock bags...I'm not sure they will get the hint.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Let me tell you guys, so far I have called them 4 times, I still cannot get into my account since the day I ordered my upper, every time I call, no help! So I ask on my order, they cannot find it even with the order number, I was originally told it was processing so I couldnt change my order or modify it! Then I called and they said back ordered, now I see guys with order numbers right next to mine showing shipped , and today they said they have a huge orders of uppers coming, just not sure when, to call back at the end of the week! I thought it was funny they have an order coming, considering they say, 90% of there stuff is made in house! So far I have heard issues with shipping and the upper receivers have m4 feed ramps but the barrel does not! My order is 2113, I will call on Friday if no change, I am cancelling, I understand with the price it might be worth waiting, but just seems very sketchy to me!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I took some pics to show you guys.  Sorry they are potato pics, that's all I have.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#29]
got half my order, still waiting on my lpk
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Let me tell you guys, so far I have called them 4 times, I still cannot get into my account since the day I ordered my upper, every time I call, no help! So I ask on my order, they cannot find it even with the order number, I was originally told it was processing so I couldnt change my order or modify it! Then I called and they said back ordered, now I see guys with order numbers right next to mine showing shipped , and today they said they have a huge orders of uppers coming, just not sure when, to call back at the end of the week! I thought it was funny they have an order coming, considering they say, 90% of there stuff is made in house! So far I have heard issues with shipping and the upper receivers have m4 feed ramps but the barrel does not! My order is 2113, I will call on Friday if no change, I am cancelling, I understand with the price it might be worth waiting, but just seems very sketchy to me!
View Quote

I think part of the problem is that Taurus handles sales, while Diamondback is producing the guns -- so there's a bit of a gap.

In other news, my 5.56 9" railed upper came in -- looks like a YHM rail, parkerized SA BCG, generic CH that was a bit stiff, but works. No tool marks at all, my T marks are all filled in, heavily oiled and looks decent, fits snug on a variety of lowers.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:25:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I have one of their DB15 AR pistols. Works fine.

Not sure why the company gets that bad of a rep QC wise.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I have one of their DB15 AR pistols. Works fine.

Not sure why the company gets that bad of a rep QC wise.
View Quote

This is probably the first major order rush they've dealt with and because of that their QC has slipped.  What I'd like to see is how they handle it.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think part of the problem is that Taurus handles sales, while Diamondback is producing the guns -- so there's a bit of a gap.

In other news, my 5.56 9" railed upper came in -- looks like a YHM rail, parkerized SA BCG, generic CH that was a bit stiff, but works. No tool marks at all, my T marks are all filled in, heavily oiled and looks decent, fits snug on a variety of lowers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this is the first 9" railed upper that anyone has received, (that I have seen). What was your order number?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I just found out that my (2) 9" uppers will be shipping. However, now I have 2 problems. The first problem is that they charged the wrong credit card. They charged the uppers to the card I used to buy some gas blocks and magazines I bought. The second problem is that they charged me WAY too much for the uppers. They charged me $659.98 for them. I'm freaking pissed right now knowing that I'm going to spend at least an hour trying correct this. I just wanted to let everyone that ordered from them to know to check your bank statements!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just found out that my (2) 9" uppers will be shipping. However, now I have 2 problems. The first problem is that they charged the wrong credit card. They charged the uppers to the card I used to buy some gas blocks and magazines I bought. The second problem is that they charged me WAY too much for the uppers. They charged me $659.98 for them. I'm freaking pissed right now knowing that I'm going to spend at least an hour trying correct this. I just wanted to let everyone that ordered from them to know to check your bank statements!
View Quote

I had been looking at the invoice that I cancelled (says processing) and the price looks like it went back up to before the sale price, like $100. more
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#36]
concur with checking your bank and credit card statements.my invoice on their website shows a total order of over $1000.but my credit card was only charged about $330.I ordered about $400 worth of stuff.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

So after I wasted my lunch break on hold for a freaking hour when there was supposedly only 3 callers ahead of me when I called the woman I spoke with seemed nice. She told me the woman that could solve my issues was unavailable because she was in training. However, she did write an email to the woman and said that she would follow up with me in a couple of days. I really hope they get this straightened out. If not, I will inform my bank of the issue and dispute the charge. I hope everyone else gets squared away too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think this is the first 9" railed upper that anyone has received, (that I have seen). What was your order number?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2111 -- i'll get some pictures here shortly
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So after I wasted my lunch break on hold for a freaking hour when there was supposedly only 3 callers ahead of me when I called the woman I spoke with seemed nice. She told me the woman that could solve my issues was unavailable because she was in training. However, she did write an email to the woman and said that she would follow up with me in a couple of days. I really hope they get this straightened out. If not, I will inform my bank of the issue and dispute the charge. I hope everyone else gets squared away too.
View Quote

I hope your issue gets resolved. I read the same thing on another forum where people are getting charged the full amount instead of the special price. I called twice now to check on my order and both times they couldn't find my order. I was told they would contact me back but I have yet to hear anything. I'm just going to wait it out and see if I do get it.

ETA: Order 2150 - Still Processing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Just called to check on the status of the 9" upper I got for my Dad(#2191).  Didn't have to wait on hold at all.  Customer service rep said they're still back ordered with no ETAs, but he thinks these should be getting shipped out within the next 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#41]
On second thought, I just bought a 158 carpenter bolt as I'm not horribly confident in this BCG. Pure worry on my part, not based on anything. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's the 5.56 - 9" rail

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks for the photos!!
View All Quotes

no offense but that rail is hideous.
I guess beggars can't be choosers
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

For less than the cost of most rails by themselves, I'm not about to complain. I bought it for my girlfriends father, and it'll be his first AR -- so, I doubt he'll be too picky either.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

For less than the cost of most rails by themselves, I'm not about to complain. I bought it for my girlfriends father, and it'll be his first AR -- so, I doubt he'll be too picky either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird. My upper will be used to build my FIL's first AR.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#47]
DT...
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My FIL is a liberal democrat. So, I'll keep my upper for myself
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what you sound like.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top