Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 12:08:56 PM EDT
Anyone out there working for Toyota that wants to hook me up with a deal on a 2014/2015 Limited 4Runner?

I am in the market and finding a black limited 4runner is pretty impossible in my neck of the woods. All the ones on Autotrader/Ebay are priced at mid $40k and thats just not reasonable.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
if they are selling for the mid 40s then it's not an unreasonable price.

You can get under 40 pretty easily if you are willing to buy one with 5-15 K miles, brand new you'll likely be over 40.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Black
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

$45,000 is pretty crazy, that being said, a used one (one year old) is still close to $40,000
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can get under 40 pretty easily if you are willing to buy one with 5-15 K miles, brand new you'll likely be over 40.

View Quote

A 2015 limited is 44-45k, a used 2014 model with sub 10k miles is right at 40k!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Black
View Quote

The only color my wife prefers......oh wait!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

$45,000 is pretty crazy, that being said, a used one (one year old) is still close to $40,000
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just went through and found about 30 of them for under 40K. Most had mileage between 5 and 25 K. [2014s] Pricing was 35-38K usually. No new one's I could find were under 40.

There just isn't much markdown on new 4 Runners which keeps the used car market on the high.

Ran into the same issue when I bought my 2014 FJ Cruiser. Couple year old ones with 30+K miles  were within a couple K of a new one and they were sold within a few weeks so they were market priced or close to it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just went through and found about 30 of them for under 40K. Most had mileage between 5 and 25 K. [2014s] Pricing was 35-38K usually. No new one's I could find were under 40.

There just isn't much markdown on new 4 Runners which keeps the used car market on the high.

Ran into the same issue when I bought my 2014 FJ Cruiser. Couple year old ones with 30+K miles  were within a couple K of a new one and they were sold within a few weeks so they were market priced or close to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

Wife wants one, price is the issue currently. To me, anything above 40k for a daily commuter doesn't seem worth it.

Shit, in a couple of years I predict we will start seeing $35k Corollas!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Understood.

Wife wants one, price is the issue currently. To me, anything above 40k for a daily commuter doesn't seem worth it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

You will.  Also at that time a big Mac will cost $15.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

If I like my big mac, I can keep it?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wifes wants one,
View Quote

Best you get one

Does she use a carwash? The up keep on Black is a nightmare
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 2014 limited 4runner. We love it, but if it is going to be a daily commuter for you, just be aware that we have never averaged over 16mpg. We are closer to 15mpg actually. That may not be a big deal to you, but I just wanted to throw it out there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Understood.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

I hope so, that'll make my 4Runner 50K used.

I got an e-mail from  L&S Toyota in Beckley saying they will be having some Black Friday deals. Might want to check there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#13]
man, 4runners are pricey now. Might as well start shopping for used Lexus
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Best you get one

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wifes wants one,

Best you get one

Trust me, I know. Her whole family only owns black cars. We currently have a 2012 KIA that is also black, its dirty before I can even dry it off from washing it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a 2014 limited 4runner. We love it, but if it is going to be a daily commuter for you, just be aware that we have never averaged over 16mpg. We are closer to 15mpg actually. That may not be a big deal to you, but I just wanted to throw it out there.
View Quote

No issues here, shitty gas mileage is something we are accustomed to.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I got an e-mail from  L&S Toyota in Beckley saying they will be having some Black Friday deals. Might want to check there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

Thanks!

Advantage Toyota here in Huntington call me last night and said they finally got in a 2015 limited.....for $46k!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
man, 4runners are pricey now. Might as well start shopping for used Lexus
View Quote

Ive been shopping around for a land crusier/lexus for quite sometime.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a black car, but only because it was the only color that I could find the car that I wanted at a the right price. It sucks ass to keep clean.

Your wife is insisting on buying a black car, and then you have to keep it clean? Fucking dumb.

Spending $40k on an off road vehicle that gets shitty gas mileage to use as commuter? Fucking dumb.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a black car, but only because it was the only color that I could find the car that I wanted at a the right price. It sucks ass to keep clean.

Your wife is insisting on buying a black car, and then you have to keep it clean? Fucking dumb.

Spending $40k on an off road vehicle that gets shitty gas mileage to use as commuter? Fucking dumb.
View Quote

Happy wife, happy life?

With that out of the way, don't think for a minute that this rig would never see a trail. This would a secondary hunting rig/grocery getter/hauling shit from Lowes/ect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top