Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/26/2014 11:32:49 AM EDT

the highway is 2 lanes, so unless the guy in front want to drive threw you are fucked...

this was rush hour when people are trying to get home to pic up kids from school, get to appointments and so on..

the police "took a hands off approach" and didnt do shit

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/cleveland/2014/11/25/police-take-hands-off-approach-to-downtown-protesters/70111518/?hootPostID=6bda35ce553494ad57231f337744d6ee

question...

you get stuck in this, what realistically can you do?

only thing i can think of is force the police into action by a 911 call saying you are trapped on the highway and in fear from the protesters and have your gun and will do what is needed if they wont.. "from a burner phone" preferably ;)

and unless you have a box of this in your car, or a backpack of OC, i dont think walking up is a great idea either..

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Hit 'em with a Hornets Nest
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#2]
needs moar gas pedal
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Need a nest of tracker jackers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#4]
first hand on my vehicle, someone's forehead gonna have this imprint

O|||||||O

If I start losing traction, I got lockers on both axles
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
A person who I know had to deal with that on their way to their cancer surgery appointment
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Tolerating this shit is a disease.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Scumbags
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

first hand on my vehicle, someone's forehead gonna have this imprint

O|||||||O

If I start losing traction, I got lockers on both axles
View Quote
right, but like i said, problem is, you can move, because the car in front of you wont move..

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck that, cops need to do their damn job and remove the assholes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

But that doesn't get the rest of the protester off the road now, does it?  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#11]
unless I'm completely hemmed in by steel, I'm getting out, if there is a gap wide enough anywhere, but I see what you're saying.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Cuyahoga County Sheriff Frank Bova said "We're allowing them their constitutional right to protest."
View Quote

Are you fucking kidding me?  Do people in traffic have no fucking rights?  They are essentially being detained by these fucks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I was looking at the pic of the people blocking that highway that OP posted, and it almost looks like that majority of those in the photo are white.

Are these people bored? Are they missing some sort of drama, conflict or excitement? Do they feel the need to belong to something?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Is the highway blocking a recent thing? I've never heard of stories of that prior to the whole Mike Brown thing.  Even here I've never heard of a highway blocked by people.  I guess the thing is, its just more knowledge for these people that they can truly disrupt cities if they do it right.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#16]
They need a semi with an extra large cow catcher on the front.............push them out of the way
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#17]
They are doing this here too.

I'm not really seeing the point other than they will get run over and also just piss thousands of stranded people off.

The whole hands off thing the police is doing is ridiculous.  Yet, gun owners are arrested left and right if they want to LEGALLY protest.

I wonder if Zero would order the same hands off approach if 2A marchers blocked every highway?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Same thing happened here on I75 in Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Going to laugh when a distracted driver flies into these fuckers at full speed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#21]
They tried it last night in Boston at multiple locations, but were denied access to the on/off ramps.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Minigun should solve the problem
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#23]
They've been shutting down parts of 580 and 680 in Oakland for the last two nights.

Why would a drifter or homeless get arrested for walking down a freeway, but making a roadblock across the freeway shutting it down is ok?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They are doing this here too.

I'm not really seeing the point other than they will get run over and also just piss thousands of stranded people off.

The whole hands off thing the police is doing is ridiculous.  Yet, gun owners are arrested left and right if they want to LEGALLY protest.

I wonder if Zero would order the same hands off approach if 2A marchers blocked every highway?
View Quote

I don't think 2A marchers would block the highway.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#25]
time to run some motherfuckers over.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Yup, more of that is needed!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#27]

With pepper spray
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#28]
i would not consider blocking a highway a peaceful form of protest. it could cause accidents, prevents emergency vehicles from getting to a fire or a medical emergency and could easily escalate into violence especially at rush hour when people are tired, hungry and need to be somewhere.

Police should have deployed tear gas and arrested stragglers.

@tacticalheater
People are lucky that after surrounding and banging on the car with their fists and breaking windows the driver just chose to drive off rather than shoot one of them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Brodozers unite, it's time to be useful.  Rolling coal while clearing highways is encouraged.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
i would not consider blocking a highway a peaceful form of protest. it could cause accidents, prevents emergency vehicles from getting to a fire or a medical emergency and could easily escalate into violence especially at rush hour when people are tired, hungry and need to be somewhere.

View Quote

Why don't the police and the cities tell the "protesters" that they will be given a designated area to do their "protesting" and any protesting outside that area would be criminal in nature?

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Cuyahoga County Sheriff Frank Bova said "We're allowing them their constitutional right to protest." Bova said he was there to assist Police Chief Calvin Williams.[img]http://goo.gl/E8eMEk[/img
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#32]
When you block traffic like that, you are putting people's lives in danger.  If someone is sick and needs an ambulance, they are screwed.  I would consider it an act of terrorism.  Fuck em.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like an 'attempted robbery' to me.  Drive on.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#34]
brodozer would would be rolling, sorry guys.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why don't the police and the cities tell the "protesters" that they will be given a designated area to do their "protesting" and any protesting outside that area would be criminal in nature?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You dont have to tell them where to protest, or make it a crime if they dont protest in that exact spot but there are plenty of parks, side walks, public buildings and other locations where people can protest without blocking traffic or endangering people.

What if instead of shutting down the transportation system of a city they decided to shut down the power grid, or turn off the water as their form of protest? It is perfectly legal to protest as long as you are not endangering people or interfering/impeding with their way of life. i have no problem with a bunch of people holding up signs on the side of a road, if its a good cause i might even honk to show support, but when you block a major intersection or major highway that is a problem and in my opinion should be considered a crime.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

But, they'll get sued doing so and lose their jobs for doing their jobs.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone sell CS canister to civis? I saw some ALS smoke and CS on gunbroker years ago, but not much lately.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You dont have to tell them where to protest, or make it a crime if they dont protest in that exact spot but there are plenty of parks, side walks, public buildings and other locations where people can protest without blocking traffic or endangering people.

What if instead of shutting down the transportation system of a city they decided to shut down the power grid, or turn off the water as their form of protest? It is perfectly legal to protest as long as you are not endangering people or interfering/impeding with their way of life. i have no problem with a bunch of people holding up signs on the side of a rode, if its a good cause i might even honk to show support, but when you block a major intersection or major highway that is a problem and in my opinion should be considered a crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if instead of shutting down the transportation system of a city they decided to shut down the power grid, or turn off the water as their form of protest? It is perfectly legal to protest as long as you are not endangering people or interfering/impeding with their way of life. i have no problem with a bunch of people holding up signs on the side of a rode, if its a good cause i might even honk to show support, but when you block a major intersection or major highway that is a problem and in my opinion should be considered a crime.

I agree. If they want to protest, give them a place to do it peacefully.
This is an example of when their right to protest curtails others the right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does anyone sell CS canister to civis? I saw some ALS smoke and CS on gunbroker years ago, but not much lately.
View Quote

Not that im aware of. Only places ive seen them for sale require LEO/Mil identification for purchase. Might be able to cook up your own using an spend smoke canister
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
you "could", before ATF became bigger douchebags and put a stop to it..

that said,, i have seen a few stingball grenades at the local gunshow for 80$

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Somebody should put the brush guard on their truck through its impact testing paces.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I would "fear for my life" right through them.  Like that one person did in the video above.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Lol!
Put it in 4 low baby!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#44]

ETA: I missed the irony that Michael Richards is in this.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

the highway is 2 lanes, so unless the guy in front want to drive threw you are fucked...

this was rush hour when people are trying to get home to pic up kids from school, get to appointments and so on..

the police "took a hands off approach" and didnt do shit
View Quote

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/cleveland/2014/11/25/police-take-hands-off-approach-to-downtown-protesters/70111518/?hootPostID=6bda35ce553494ad57231f337744d6ee

question...

only thing i can think of is force the police into action by a 911 call saying you are trapped on the highway and in fear from the protesters and have your gun and will do what is needed if they wont.. "from a burner phone" preferably ;)

and unless you have a box of this in your car, or a backpack of OC, i dont think walking up is a great idea either..

http://cdn.chiefsupply.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/D/T/DT108.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1604719_10152954994494274_6679819334437934389_n.jpg?oh=2a7f0d7659684bab720370f8d0aa87ef&oe=551DD6BB

You have the wrong 'nades pictured.

I'm thinking more along the lines of an M14.  

Nick
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not that im aware of. Only places ive seen them for sale require LEO/Mil identification for purchase. Might be able to cook up your own using an spend smoke canister
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a Mil ID? Any paperwork authorizing the purchase?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was under the impression that those WERE NFA due to the bursting charge, the smoke, CS and CN were never actually placed under NFA, BATFE just leaned on the manufacturers and distributors to stop selling to non Govt or they WOULD make the fuse Assemblies NFA.  Stuff that's already out there is GTG, its just new that can't be procured.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When you block traffic like that, you are putting people's lives in danger.  If someone is sick and needs an ambulance, they are screwed.  I would consider it an act of terrorism.  Fuck em.
View Quote

Trauma center ERs were closed in Boston and Providence, RI because of protesters blocking roadways.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

only thing i can think of is force the police into action by a 911 call saying you are trapped on the highway and in fear from the protesters and have your gun and will do what is needed if they wont.

View Quote

Pretty  much.  Call the cops, and have your gun at the ready.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#50]
That really sucks.  If I were in front I'd just start creeping forward.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top