BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As opposed to the average macrobrew drinker who has a high school diploma, works as a mechanic at a car dealership, lives in a trailer, has 3 kids, is divorced, and has at least 1 DUI?

View Quote

Why do you hate America?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why do you hate America?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As opposed to the average macrobrew drinker who has a high school diploma, works as a mechanic at a car dealership, lives in a trailer, has 3 kids, is divorced, and has at least 1 DUI?

Why do you hate America?
Hey, I'm just describing people I know including those in my family.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never liked Budweiser.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

These statements are a surefire way to reveal that the person saying it doesn't know craft beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And it's all hopped-up IPA.   Blech.

These statements are a surefire way to reveal that the person saying it doesn't know craft beer.
I know enough about it to know it's mostly over hopped copies of someone else's over hopped IPA. Throw that many hops in day old bathwater and it tastes the same as some silly named over priced IPA. Two terms that need to go the fuck away "craft beer" and "IPA". What's the "craft in brewing up some swill with as many hops as they can and throwing a high price on the six pack. IPA is just easy to say, and remember, has snob appeal. It rolls of the tongue easier than "some over priced beer with a pretty picture on the label that I regret buying".

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never liked Budweiser, ever.  I was on a Coors Banquet kick for a long time.

Started drinking Lone Star, then went to Coors, then Shiner Bock (which I still like), and I'm only just now acquiring a taste for India Pale Ale.  That Sam Adams is decent.  Couldn't tell much difference between it and the more expensive Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA, it's all pretty hoppy.

That Arrogant Bastard, though
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Beer snobs are all odd people.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2a0dlxd.gif
View Quote

See now that's just a douchenozzle on the opposite end of the douchenozzle spectrum than the moron hollering and crushing budweiser cans on his forehead.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

See now that's just a douchenozzle on the opposite end of the douchenozzle spectrum than the moron hollering and crushing budweiser cans on his forehead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Craft' beer is just another step in metrosexualization.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's a very cool graph from today's Wall Street Journal that says an awful lot about America's changing taste in alcohol. Americans now buy more craft beer than Budweiser. (Not Bud Light, mind you. Just Bud.)

On the one hand, this chart is a reminder that craft brewing is still a niche—albeit a fast-growing one. According to the Brewers Association, craft labels make up about 14 percent of the U.S. beer market. Take Allagash, Lagunitas, Dogfish Head, and all your other favorite little breweries, toss them together, and they barely outsell the third most popular brand in America.

On the other hand, it's also a very specific testament to the decline of Budweiser, which these days is basically a beer without a purpose. Twenty years ago, when Americans were less health-conscious and had more homogeneous tastes, selling a mass-market, midpriced lager designed to appeal to the largest possible demographic made lots of sense. But now, it's a brand without a natural audience except for older Americans who drink it out of habit and maybe a nostalgic sense of brand loyalty. If you walk into a bar, there will almost always be a cheaper beer, a less caloric beer, and plenty of tastier beers on tap. And so it's not totally shocking that, by Anheuser-Busch Inbev's account, 44 percent of Americans between the ages of 21 and 27 have never tried a regular old Budweiser. It's not as if they're missing anything.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/11/24/budweiser_sales_decline_americans_now_drink_more_craft_beer_than_bud.html
View Quote

I can't believe people drink Bud light. I mean bud is crap. I hate to taste bud LITE blecccchhhh
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anheuser Busch just bought 10-Barrel Brewing, which is a small brewery in Bend, Oregon. Maybe that's their strategy - if you can't brew good beer, buy the breweries that do.

10-Barrel makes a fine product, I just hope AB doesn't screw it up.
View Quote

they will because they brews they make  will be scaled up and be too expensive made like that..... say goodbye.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I bet they all wore skinny jeans back then too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to drink the shit out of this hipster craft beer made in some place called kloster Reutberg.  These hipsters have been brewing it since 1618.

I bet they all wore skinny jeans back then too.

The skinniest.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Free beer is best beer

Not that I'm a super cool hipster who did it before anyone thought it was cool, but I was lucky to live next to a micro brew bar during my college years twenty something years ago, and developed a taste for good beer. It's what got me started brewing my own stuff
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good.  The craft beer industry needs to thrive.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I either make beer or drink cheaper beer.  I aint paying $90 to get drunk with hipsters
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly though - that picture doesn't represent most of the beer crowd that I know.  Most are lightly overweight, have beards and are ex-mil.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/MxNfLxy.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If eating steaks over hotdogs is metrosexualization as well, then yes.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Half of those "craft" beers are probably owned by InBev anyway.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I know enough about it to know it's mostly over hopped copies of someone else's over hopped IPA. Throw that many hops in day old bathwater and it tastes the same as some silly named over priced IPA. Two terms that need to go the fuck away "craft beer" and "IPA". What's the "craft in brewing up some swill with as many hops as they can and throwing a high price on the six pack. IPA is just easy to say, and remember, has snob appeal. It rolls of the tongue easier than "some over priced beer with a pretty picture on the label that I regret buying".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually it sounds like you don't know shit about craft beer.

And this article is just about Budweiser and not Bud Light right? I didn't think anyone drank regular Budweiser anymore except old retired folk. Don't most 20 somethings drink Bud Lights because they think Budweiser is "too heavy"
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#19]

I have been doing my part as well.  I like alot of the craft brews particularly the IPA's  just don't like the price though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Teeeheee heee! Let's have a beer pairing party! Tee hee!

Seriously. It's gone too far. Time to push the cultural reset button before the top pastime for American males is knitting drink cozies for their favorite beers.

Your grandfather knocked back a Bud or Krueger and went on to kick the Nazijaps asses. He didn't worry about the best beer/chocolate combo.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e1/49/7f/e1497f6e428e4b391ca8bc63edbe90aa.jpg

Seriously. It's gone too far. Time to push the cultural reset button before the top pastime for American males is knitting drink cozies for their favorite beers.

Your grandfather knocked back a Bud or Krueger and went on to kick the Nazijaps asses. He didn't worry about the best beer/chocolate combo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e1/49/7f/e1497f6e428e4b391ca8bc63edbe90aa.jpg

And neither do I.

Most people who drink craft beer don't worry about that kind of thing, they just like to drink something that doesn't taste like ass.

The gayest thing I've seen in this thread is people who irrationally hate people who drink craft beer. Its hard for me to believe that such people have enough time in between sucking off dudes in the truck stop restroom in exchange for 6 packs of bud light lime to make sarcastic posts about how stupid those hipster craft beer drinkers are.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's my beer pairing chart:

Food I'm eating---beer I like
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Good, caus Budweiser (except BLP) tastes like shit
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

I don't buy the whole "pairing" thing.

I've never had a problem with eating all kinds of random food drinking all kinds of beer.

I'll drink a stout on a hot summer day while eating a grilled hotdog and potato salad at a picknick.

I'll drink a bud-light on a cold winter day while eating a steak.

I just don't give a fuck.

I'll drink an IPA while eating a can of sort of gross ravioli.

I'll drink a Coors while eating a lasagna.

Sure, I'd prefer to have good beer and good food all the time, but if not, I'll take one, or the other, or neither.

It just doesn't fucking matter.

Of course, I'm sure the guys in this thread who are obsessed with other men's drinking habits will come and tell me that I am a metrosexual for doing this.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
....The gayest thing I've seen in this thread is people who irrationally hate people who drink craft beer. Its hard for me to believe that such people have enough time in between sucking off dudes in the truck stop restroom in exchange for 6 packs of bud light lime to make sarcastic posts about how stupid those hipster craft beer drinkers are.

View Quote

That's not beer, of course. Adding fruit and other flavors to beer...well, my jeans aren't skinny enough to appreciate it, I guess.

Sam Adams wants to tap into that micromarket. Can't say I blame them, as people are willing to pay silly amounts there. As for example of their targeting of said market:

I don't think beer hipsters are all bad people. Nor do I think all 'craft' beers are bad (though many are). But I do think some of you guys need to open your hearts to the Champagne of Beers, and enjoy a good, simple, timeless beer, even if it isn't trending on Twitter or all the rage among gastropubhipsters.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yep.

I've never had a problem with eating all kinds of random food drinking all kinds of beer.

I'll drink a stout on a hot summer day while eating a grilled hotdog and potato salad at a picknick.

Sure, I'd prefer to have good beer and good food all the time, but if not, I'll take one, or the other, or neither.

Of course, I'm sure the guys in this thread who are obsessed with other men's drinking habits will come and tell me that I am a metrosexual for doing this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

If you spend more than $25 on a pair of pants you will excommunicated from Arfcom for your sinful ways.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Pretty much the only reason Bud exists.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I first drank Sam Adams at one of the pubs at Faneuil Hall in Boston, prob around 1984. It was vom fass as I don't think they bottled it yet. The only reason that I tried is that a buddy said it's the closest to German beer you can get here in states.

The best beers in the world are European or UK Ales. That's the end of the story. This craft beer homo shit is fine if you don't have perspective but at the end of the day they can't hold a candle to a German Monastery beer.  Kruezberg Monastery outside of Graf comes to mind....or Auguststeiner Hell...or Ruetberg Hell...or Josefe Boch...these are all beers that a man can live on. For breakfast, after dinner or any other time of day.  And none of that Pils bullshit, either.

What is better in life than a Weiss beer, a Weiss wurst and bretzen at 0700 in the Munich Bahn Hoff?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#29]

most honest, accurate post I have ever seen on GD.  Great Job!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ok craft kids- tell me this.  Picture my summers spent on the Colorado river, its 110 degrees F in beautiful Arizona, and the water is perfect.  My beer of choice in that situation is Coors light.  What craft beer can suffice in that situation.  and don't tell me fucking Stone Brewery.  Exactly.  While bud has a bad taste, you can't replace American big brand light beer.
View Quote

I look at it this way as a guy who grew up in the 80s when things in this Country were still pretty good.  Guys drank Bud, Michelob, Miller, Old Style, Strohs etc.  Maybe  Lowenbrau on occasion or Mickey's.

Then in early 2000 craft beer was really starting to take shape.  Around that time our Country started to decline big time.  Young men lost their balls and started to only care about drinking Craft Beers, participating in fantasy football, gaming, watching Comedy Central (Stewart and Colbert) - and just generally becoming snarky know it alls who stand for nothing who seek nothing but a lifestyle of instant entertainment.

I'm guessing something in craft beers the last 10 years has lowered drinker's testosterone and shrunken their balls.  It's the only logical explanation.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
That's not beer, of course. Adding fruit and other flavors to beer...well, my jeans aren't skinny enough to appreciate it, I guess.

Sam Adams wants to tap into that micromarket. Can't say I blame them, as people are willing to pay silly amounts there. As for example of their targeting of said market:

http://image.cdn.ispot.tv/ad/7pyV/samuel-adams-over-60-beers-song-by-dropkick-murphys-small-10.jpg

I don't think beer hipsters are all bad people. Nor do I think all 'craft' beers are bad (though many are). But I do think some of you guys need to open your hearts to the Champagne of Beers, and enjoy a good, simple, timeless beer, even if it isn't trending on Twitter or all the rage among gastropubhipsters.

http://i61.tinypic.com/x43k1v.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

....The gayest thing I've seen in this thread is people who irrationally hate people who drink craft beer. Its hard for me to believe that such people have enough time in between sucking off dudes in the truck stop restroom in exchange for 6 packs of bud light lime to make sarcastic posts about how stupid those hipster craft beer drinkers are.

http://image.cdn.ispot.tv/ad/7pyV/samuel-adams-over-60-beers-song-by-dropkick-murphys-small-10.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/x43k1v.jpg
Doubtful.  By the way you are behaving in this thread, I'd bet that they are pretty tight.

The overall point is this: why do you care about what other people drink? Does your neck beard cause to be concerned about how much better your tastes are than others?

As for the champagne of beers? Well, back in the day when I was drinking keystone light almost exclusively (aka, college), and Coors original was a "good" beer I hated Miller highlife. I thought it sucked.  I haven't tried it since. I wouldn't be opposed to another go, but not to the point where I'll go out and buy one.

The difference between you and me? I don't care if some people like it.  Doesn't effect me.

You, on the other hand, apparently get your panties in a bunch about what other people do.

Its ironic that the anti-hipster are just as snobby and arrogant as the hipsters they try to claim everyone else is.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If you spend more than $25 on a pair of pants you will excommunicated from Arfcom for your sinful ways.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

I get most of my pants for around $20.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh, and for all the claims of beer snobbery among craft brew drinkers, I've noticed something about most macrobrew drinkers: They have fierce brand loyalty.

"I only drink Bud, Miller is shit" or (my uncle) "Natty light is the best beer, Bud is nasty"

Much like the hipsters people claim buy "horrible" IPA's based on a label and a catchy name. Allot of macrobrew drinkers appear to pick a beer based on marking as well: cool commercials, sponsorship of sporting events, and old fashioned brand name recognition.

Welcome to human psychology 101.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Not on the rez.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Doubtful.  By the way you are behaving in this thread, I'd bet that they are pretty tight.

The overall point is this: why do you care about what other people drink? Does your neck beard cause to be concerned about how much better your tastes are than others?

As for the champagne of beers? Well, back in the day when I was drinking keystone light almost exclusively (aka, college), and Coors original was a "good" beer I hated Miller highlife. I thought it sucked.  I haven't tried it since. I wouldn't be opposed to another go, but not to the point where I'll go out and buy one.

The difference between you and me? I don't care if some people like it. Doesn't effect me.

You, on the other hand, apparently get your panties in a bunch about what other people do.

Its ironic that the anti-hipster are just as snobby and arrogant as the hipsters they try to claim everyone else is.

View Quote

Well, you seem to really, really care that I sorta care. Hot and bothered by it, looks like to me. In need of cool, crisp refreshment that a certain made-with-pride-in-Milwaukee pilsner could provide...

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#37]
If you like your American adjunct lager, you can keep your American adjunct lager.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
There maybe some hope for America after all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you spend more than $25 on a pair of pants you will excommunicated from Arfcom for your sinful ways. *
View Quote

* Exceptions allowed if worn by an arf-famous "tactical trainer," worn in a major blockbuster by a gun-wielding lead actor, or if sewn with unobtainium by hand in North America and marketed to tactical tacticians acting tactically.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I laugh at your overpriced beer and your fancy beer bottles.....betcha can't do this.

Cheap beer leads to innovation.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I haven't had a Budweiser since the late 90's or so and then it was all I could do to drink that.

I'm not a beer snob either. I grew up drinking Red, White, and Blue, Schiltz Black Label, and Rolling Rock. Now it is mainly higher end beers. My buddy turned me on to Serria Nevada in 1991 after he came back from San Franciso and my beer of choice has been the Pale Ale ever since. I do not drink beer so much any more, but this time of year gets me buying Celebration Ale by the case.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You guys have some shitty stores, then.

There are north of 2,000 different beers available at my local retailer (that's not a typo), and the majority of them are not IPAs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Well, you seem to really, really care that I sorta care. Hot and bothered by it, looks like to me. In need of cool, crisp refreshment that a certain made-with-pride-in-Milwaukee pilsner could provide...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference between you and me? I don't care if some people like it. Doesn't effect me.

You can't imagine how much I don't care about you or your opinions.
Just pointing out ironically childish behavior.
Much like the left preaching about tolerance and acceptance while at the same time spewing hate, you talk about how these "hipsters" are being snobby and uppity and closed minded by being exactly that in this thread.

If you want to see someone who is somewhere on the metrosexual spectrum, who cares about what other people think about beer and what they drink then check the mirror.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I laugh at your overpriced beer and your fancy beer bottles.....betcha can't do this.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4QKyPHA0dto8TR0Pe-_UPIYNQ88Wev6zVbUPNCqgG2vcuPrBRpg

Cheap beer leads to innovation.
View Quote
Some craft beer comes in cans as well.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#45]
All craft beers are IPAs?

At our store, maybe 24 of the over 120 beers we sell are true IPAs. I won't argue that a lot of 'craft' beer has a heavy hop usage.

And yes, we still sell a huge amount of Bud, Bud LT, Busch, etc. Being 9miles from a reservation, Bud and Bud LT run neck and neck as 1 and 2  for volume sold.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I love Ipa's
but recommend a good Porter
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I love Ipa's
View Quote

Major Market;
Leinenkugel Vanilla Snowdrift Porter

Deschutes Black Butte Porter

For a Nebraska Brewed(hey I'm here in NE)
Zipline Oatmeal Porter
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I love Ipa's

View Quote
Fuller's London Porter.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't hate on the IPA. Most micro breweries also make stuff other then IPA, try that stuff.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Meh, I like beer and trying different flavors. My only favorite for taste and consistency is Guinness but I'll drink just about any beer. Well, used to anyways. Don't really touch beer anymore, stick to wine and that not even that much. Cutting out alcohol is certainly easier on my pocketbook and I suppose my liver.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top