Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 2:46:02 PM EDT
I am getting ready to order a Stag Model 8 , The piston model with monolithic rail. I remember after Sandy hook they stopped taking orders and even answering the phones. It seems that Arf com liked them back then, except the roll mark. However I see very little mentioned about them any more.  Any reason for going radio silent ?

Thx for any help or comments.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Piston ARs are gay
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]

I have a complete 556 (model 3 flattop) and a lower.  The trigger on the complete rifle started doubling, that is shooting two rounds after about

2 years, and maybe 3000 rounds.  Other than that, no problems.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a kit from them back in '06-07 or so.  Just a regular old 16" AR in 5.56.  Haven't had any issues with it, though I don't shoot it much these days.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Piston ARs are gay
View Quote

And stag is gay, so a piston stag is double gay.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Never had an issue.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am getting ready to order a Stag Model 8 , The piston model with monolithic rail. I remember after Sandy hook they stopped taking orders and even answering the phones. It seems that Arf com liked them back then, except the roll mark. However I see very little mentioned about them any more.  Any reason for going radio silent ?

View Quote

It doesnt have a monolithic rail.  Also, good company and good products, but piston is meh.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My Stag has been flawless, isn't a piston though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 14.5"/Phantom M4-gery from them that has worked just fine.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a model 2 DI. Never had a non mag related issue, only lubed for about 2k rounds now. Warranty is fantastic.

But buy a design that was as stoner intended ;)
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Love my Stag and plan on building another from their black friday sale.
Fuck that piston noise though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

No problems with mine (non piston models). They go bang when they're supposed to.

One of the reasons why they stopped taking orders/calls right after Sandy Hook was so they could push as much inventory out the door to us CT residents as they could. Reports were they had huge piles of AR's going out their door prior to 4/4/13 to local CT dealers including having people show up with pickup trucks to be loaded to get their products to the local shops.

Stag is good to go.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No problems with mine (non piston models). They go bang when they're supposed to.

One of the reasons why they stopped taking orders/calls right after Sandy Hook was so they could push as much inventory out the door to us CT residents as they could. Reports were they had huge piles of AR's going out their door prior to 4/4/13 to local CT dealers including having people show up with pickup trucks to be loaded to get their products to the local shops.

Stag is good to go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stag is good to go.

Thx...so not a lot of piston fans here ...I have a few 6920 rifle , so fig I would try something different.  Thx for everyone s time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#13]
My only negative experience with them is an LPK that had a bolt catch a BCM bolt dented-up after a few hundred rounds.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#14]
hold your money and buy a 6720 colt to compliment your 6920...although you probly wont shoot the 6920 much after shooting the 6720...plus the 6720 can be had for around 800 bucks
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Stag is G2G. As far as the other stuff goes, their HQ is only a few towns away from Newtown, CT. They were pretty active in trying to fight Malloy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My Stag has been flawless, isn't a piston though.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top