BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's about what you look like right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v. Delta-v? Delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v!  DEEEEEEELTAAAAAA VEEEEEEEEEEE!

Really simple stuff.

Really simple stuff, except for the variable known as THE BLACK HOLE providing infinite mass really close by.   I find it amusing that hes trying to sound amazingly smart doing calculations about a situation that is purely theorecticsl and incalculable by nature.

AKA SCIENCE FICTION.

I also find it equally amusing that he claims to have had a date while doing this.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean how could you really get into the movie,  Right off the bat,  those combines where clearly for dry corn and where picking green corn with it.   I mean really as green as that corn was they would never process it and the corn would be soft and mushy.

Other then that,  I enjoyed the visuals,  but to do over I think I would rather red box it,  Just for the annoying drama music that never seemed to end.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I love science fiction movies. However, it is worth commenting on the "science" in Interstellar because some people are taking it so seriously and trying to defend it in some way or another.  

Of course you are not one of them, are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what you want is for no one to ever make sci-fi movies involving anything unless we have locked fown all the facts concerning the science.

Gotcha.

Going to be some really boring movies once you become king.   Interstellar used the best currently accepted theories for most of its plot.  You are literally whining because they didnt solve the riddles of quantum physics and the universe itself before making a movie.

I love science fiction movies. However, it is worth commenting on the "science" in Interstellar because some people are taking it so seriously and trying to defend it in some way or another.  

"I cant believe they used a wormhole..dont they know we have no physical proof wormholes exist?"  

Jesus Christ, the science exists enough to postulate their existence, the movie is based around a valid theory.   Such a stupid thing to whine about.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your false understanding of terminal velocity is the single most ironic thing I've read on arfcom  since 1999
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's probably a better movie if you understand science and have a rudimentary comprehension of relativity.

You mean like the part when the guy in the spacesuit falls into a black hole and winds up in some weird library?

I missed that understanding of science and relativity when I took physics courses back in college.

Hell, they even explained that part. Google tesseract (not the comic version) to understand what the library was.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

You have a whole lot of 'splaining to do to 'splain away how somebody can fall into a black hole and live to tell about it.

Ever hear of the concept of terminal velocity?  Here on earth it is approximately 122 MPH with earth's measly gravity.    In a black hole it would be about a trillion times faster.  

Your false understanding of terminal velocity is the single most ironic thing I've read on arfcom  since 1999

The point I was trying to make is that on earth you are going to fall at a great distance fast enough to smash you to smithereens.  If the gravity of a black hole is as great as everybody thinks it is then you really going to get smashed up, unlike landing on your feet in a library as depicted in the movie.

Your lacking of understanding of this simple concept is astounding.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"I cant believe they used a wormhole..dont they know we have no physical proof wormholes exist?"  

Jesus Christ, the science exists enough to postulate their existence, the movie is based around a valid theory.   Such a stupid thing to whine about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what you want is for no one to ever make sci-fi movies involving anything unless we have locked fown all the facts concerning the science.

Gotcha.

Going to be some really boring movies once you become king.   Interstellar used the best currently accepted theories for most of its plot.  You are literally whining because they didnt solve the riddles of quantum physics and the universe itself before making a movie.

There is no observed science that can postulate the existence of a wormhole.  It is on the same level as the transporter on Star Trek or Superman going back in time by zooming around the earth so fast.  Fun Science Fiction but hardly to be taken as anything remotely possible.    
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

His first three points are factually correct.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His first three points are factually correct.

Really?

No singularities and no black holes?

Huge x-ray radiaton sources at the center of galaxies, radio telescopes getting info on accretion disks, but ol'Flash66 knows better?

Again,
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There is no observed science that can postulate the existence of a wormhole.  It is on the same level as the transporter on Star Trek or Superman going back in time by zooming around the earth so fast.  Fun Science Fiction but hardly to be taken as anything remotely possible.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha.

You should wiki yourself occasionally.  Its directly tied to the other theoretical plot device....relativity.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole
Researchers have no observational evidence for wormholes, but the equations of the theory of general relativity have valid solutions that contain wormholes. Because of its robust theoretical strength, a wormhole is one of the great physics metaphors for teaching general relativity.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I enjoyed Interstellar, but it was still a stereotypical, predictable film. Man leaves kids, daughter doesn't say bye, dad has close calls, dad and daughter are reunited, daughter forgives dad. What a twist. The science is just window dressing, it doesn't make the film GOOD.

That would make Gigli a good movie because the ocean was so realistic.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm defending that it's fiction and not fact.  You seem to be pushing that they didn't use enough fact for a fictional movie.  

I propose we agree to disagree

Fair enough.

In my mind there is a clear line between science fiction and fantasy.
I actually liked the movie, a lot. It's the claims by some that it is realistic or scientifically grounded that bother me, not the movie itself.

It's a movie, not a presentation by Dr. Hawking.

is there really a fine definition of science fantasy and science fiction?

If you lived in the 1800's would you consider jules verne's works fiction or fantasy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fantasy
from your link:

The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction

points out that as a genre, science fantasy "has never been clearly
defined," and was most commonly used in the period 1950-1966
awesome.....your sources are the "encyclopdia of science fiction".....  

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The point I was trying to make is that on earth you are going to fall at a great distance fast enough to smash you to smithereens.  If the gravity of a black hole is as great as everybody thinks it is then you really going to get smashed up, unlike landing on your feet in a library as depicted in the movie.

View Quote

So, gravity and terminal velocity are the dealbreakers for you, not the 5th dimensional humans that created a tesseract for him to survive in and manipulate time?

I love this thread.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Really simple stuff, except for the variable known as THE BLACK HOLE providing infinite mass really close by.   I find it amusing that hes trying to sound amazingly smart doing calculations about a situation that is purely theorecticsl and incalculable by nature.

AKA SCIENCE FICTION.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v. Delta-v? Delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v, delta-v!  DEEEEEEELTAAAAAA VEEEEEEEEEEE!

Really simple stuff.

AKA SCIENCE FICTION.

Either the spacecraft has the acceleration and delta-v to enter and then leave a state of significant time dilation, or it doesn't.

If it does, the idea of needing years to reach Saturn from Earth is laughable.

Trying to explain it as magic doesn't work. You might as well say Black Hole Jesus did it, it would be just as scientific.

I also find it equally amusing that he claims to have had a date while doing this.

Don't be jealous, it's unbecoming.

Interstellar tards: This movie is sooo awesum. It's all scientific. If you don't think it's realistic you're an idiat.
Me: Uses actual concepts from the sciences and math related in the film to point out a massive flaw.
You: You talk like a fag. Who puts toilet water on plants?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So, gravity and terminal velocity are the dealbreakers for you, not the 5th dimensional humans that created a tesseract for him to survive in and manipulate time?

I love this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love this thread.

You realize the fourth dimension of a tesseract is completely unrelated to the additional dimensions that, say, the LHC is looking for, right?

It's just a fucking shape, not some sort of portal to additional realities.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Either the spacecraft has the acceleration and delta-v to do enter and then leave a state of significant time dilation, or it doesn't.

Trying to explain it as magic doesn't work. You might as well say Black Hole Jesus did it, it would be just as scientific.

Interstellar tards: This movie is sooo awesum. It's all scientific. If you don't think it's realistic you're an idiat.
Me: Uses actual concepts from the sciences and math related in the film to point out a massive flaw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really simple stuff.

AKA SCIENCE FICTION.

Either the spacecraft has the acceleration and delta-v to do enter and then leave a state of significant time dilation, or it doesn't.

maybe they were trying to save fuel on the way to Saturn and used a different propulsion,  who knows doesn't kill the movie for me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol.  If you say so.

Most here are bashing:

A) tard that think relativity isnt a real thing
b) tard that thinks science is fake because of global warming
c) tard that sat in the theater attempting real velocity calculations regarding descent on a planet with a black hole next to it. (And claims he did it with a date present)

Nobody is claiming the movie was real.  There is plenty to laugh at here though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You must be a real pleasure to watch anything with.  Somehow I doubt you have much company when watching movies, or otherwise doing anything at all.

When I watch movies I, you know, watch them. That's how I pick up on things like contradictions.

I saw Interstellar with a date, and have since seen another film with the company of two, so perhaps you should stop projecting?

In case you missed it, I liked Interstellar, as a work of science fantasy. It's the idiots claiming it is realistic or scientifically valid that I am bashing, not the movie.

Lol.  If you say so.

Most here are bashing:

A) tard that think relativity isnt a real thing
b) tard that thinks science is fake because of global warming
c) tard that sat in the theater attempting real velocity calculations regarding descent on a planet with a black hole next to it. (And claims he did it with a date present)

Nobody is claiming the movie was real.  There is plenty to laugh at here though.

You seem a little tense.

Perhaps some Midol and I'm thinking you should stick with decaf.

Oh..... yeah.......I almost forgot..................

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really simple stuff.

AKA SCIENCE FICTION.

I didn't realize you personally have studied the effects of a very close black hole on acceleration and time dilation.  Wait, you haven't, because its impossible.
You are trying to prove something using an unquantifiable variable, and looking silly while doing it.  Par for the course.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's probably a better movie if you understand science and have a rudimentary comprehension of relativity.
View Quote

[start Popeye]

I hates relatives

[/ Popeye]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

maybe they were trying to save fuel on the way to Saturn and used a different propulsion,  who knows doesn't kill the movie for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AKA SCIENCE FICTION.

Trying to save on fuel for a mission where time is critical?

The amount of fuel needed to quickly reach Saturn would be almost unmeasurable compared to what was needed for the rest of the film.

I actually liked the movie. But I see its flaws too.

My problem is with the "THIS MOVIE IS THE INFALLIBLE WORD OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER AND ALL WHO QUESTION IT ARE IGNORANT HEATHENS!" attitude of many.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I didn't realize you personally have studied the effects of a very close black hole on acceleration and time dilation.  Wait, you haven't, because its impossible.
You are trying to prove something using an unquantifiable variable, and looking silly while doing it.  Par for the course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AKA SCIENCE FICTION.

Appeal to magic. Sounds about right.

Have you accepted Lord Xenu son of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as you savior yet? Only he can save you from Black Hole Jesus and the Tesseract.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You realize the fourth dimension of a tesseract is completely unrelated to the additional dimensions that, say, the LHC is looking for, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They mentioned the construct inside the singularity specifically as a "tesseract". Four dimensions, three to manipulate, the fourth is time.

You didn't know that?  Should've asked the waifu pillow you took with you.

Quoted:

Appeal to magic. Sounds about right.

Show us all your "calculations".

Include the black hole in them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I fucking love the Internet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No, it didn't.  In fact, it's one of the best SF films in quite some time.
View Quote

This.
I am still thinking about it 24 hours later.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
People tell me it's great. Then they tell me what it's about and half way through they realized it wasn't good. Hearing the plot alone sounds awful.
View Quote

I make hit records, my fans tell me the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They mentioned the construct inside the singularity specifically as a "tesseract".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They mentioned the construct inside the singularity specifically as a "tesseract".

And it could have just as easily been a cube or a sphere or an icosahedron. But saying "Oooooh, it's a four dimensional shape, because the beings are five dimensional!" is just the kind of retarded shit that window lickers love but makes no actual sense.

Should've asked the waifu pillow you took with you.

I had to google what the hell a waifu was... Which makes me wonder how you knew what it was... You don't seem to be the 4chan type.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I fucking love the Internet.
View Quote

OMG-no kidding...I hadn't read this thread when I posted my first comments.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And it could have just as easily been a cube or a sphere or an icosahedron.
View Quote

Really? How the fuck would one represent infinite points in time in a cube?  

This solidifies this thread.  You are completely full of shit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing that has been solidified in this thread is your exceedingly high opinion of yourself.

Look at yourself arguing and launching insults at others because they came away from a fucking movie with a different opinion than you.

Big. Fucking Deal.

Get a life.    

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I had to google what the hell a waifu was... Which makes me wonder how you knew what it was... You don't seem to be the 4chan type.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Seems you are a LIAR.  You found out what they were in the neckbeard thread, same place I did.  You even quoted a post with a dozen pictures of them.  

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1646989_OMG_Neckbeard_subreddit____.html&r=48700591&dlnk=1#i48700591

Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to be technical, Otaku in japan really just refers to someone who is obsessive about something, in a very nerdy/geeky way.  It often is anime/manga, but it doesn't have to be.

By the Japanese definition, some people on arfcom would be considered gun "otaku" - because they are obsessive about guns, accessories, carrying, won't stop talking during movies about how the gun should have been out of ammo two shots again, and the magazines had the wrong base-plate for that generation of gun, etc.  

I'm not really disagreeing with you, because obviously the manga/anime is the most common form in Japan - I'm just clarifying the definition of the word.

Stop being a definition otaku.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Big. Fucking Deal

View Quote

Actually I could care less about what you took from the movie.  I was just openly mocking you because of your correlation between global warming not being real = black holes don't exist.  The fact that a grown man is confident enough to say that in an open forum is hilarious.

Something about stereotypes being based on fact.....?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, care to explain how a tesseract has infinite "points"?

A tesseract has 8 cells, 24 faces, 32 edges, 16 vertices...

Shapes, how do they work?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Seems you are a LIAR.  You found out what they were in the neckbeard thread, same place I did.  You even quoted a post with a dozen pictures of them.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1646989_OMG_Neckbeard_subreddit____.html&r=48700591&dlnk=1#i48700591
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll forgive me if I don't remember every single weird thing I encounter in GD like you do. I'm a little more focused on remembering things like the basic geometry you seem to be completely ignorant of.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm... if only wikipedia could easily solve this problem.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesseract

Much easier than a cube, no?

Quoted:

You'll forgive me if I don't remember every single weird thing I encounter in GD like you do. I'm a little more focused on remembering things like the basic geometry you seem to be completely ignorant of.

No, you're just a liar.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Actually I could care less about what you took from the movie.  I was just openly mocking you because of your correlation between global warming not being real = black holes don't exist.  The fact that a grown man is confident enough to say that in an open forum is hilarious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big. Fucking Deal

You stretch the available facts worse than that fucking movie.

You just can't help yourself can you? You simply must be right in all things. What a burden that must be.

Bless your heart.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You just can't help yourself can you? You simply must be right in all things. What a burden that must be.

Bless your heart.  
View Quote

Shouldn't you be burning your kids' science books or something?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You realize that shape 1: Isn't a tesseract and 2: Remains finite, right?

Nope, you don't.

Quoted:

No, you're just a liar.

Nope, I don't remember what otaku is either, because I didn't give a fuck then, and it was used as a joke in passing. It's just another Japanese word to me.

But keep blowing a gasket because the movie you jacked-it to in a theater doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#35]
It was just a movie...not science. The story was the point. Suspend disbelief and enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It was just a movie...not science. The story was the point. Suspend disbelief and enjoy the ride.
View Quote

And as just a movie, it was pretty good. Not the best movie of a generation, but pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Just got back from seeing it.  

Terrific movie, not a documentary on astrophysics.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#38]
1x4x9x...

Think about it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nope, you don't.

View Quote

Whoops, wrong pic.

A shape can still expand, theoretically to infinite size.  However with a simple 3-dimension construct like a cube, which you suggested, there is no fourth dimension to meet the writer's intent for a physical representation of time.  So how exactly could this be met by using a cube?

VS...your suggestion....

Also, you never posted your calculations including the black hole.  So your claim about time dilation seems to be missing something...infinite.  Magic even?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Whoops, wrong pic.

A shape can still expand, theoretically to infinite size.  However with a simple 3-dimension construct like a cube, which you suggested, there is no fourth dimension to meet the writer's intent.  So how exactly could this be met by using a cube?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/8-cell-simple.gif/220px-8-cell-simple.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, you don't.

Whoops, wrong pic.

A shape can still expand, theoretically to infinite size.  However with a simple 3-dimension construct like a cube, which you suggested, there is no fourth dimension to meet the writer's intent.  So how exactly could this be met by using a cube?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/8-cell-simple.gif/220px-8-cell-simple.gif

Did you see 2001?  What do you think the monolith was?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I love this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love this thread.

You forgot to mention that Einstein thinks you die if you reach terminal velocity. Someone should call the redbull skydiver and tell him he's dead since he broke the sound barrier on the way down.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Whoops, wrong pic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, you don't.

Whoops, wrong pic.

And this supports your argument about the tesseract being infinite, how?

It is a finite shape. Saying it is infinite is a bit like saying a sock is infinite because it can be turned inside out. OMG! Socks are magical!!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big. Fucking Deal

It's not hilarious, it's sad and it's depressing that these are the people on "our" side.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It is a finite shape. Say it is infinite is a bit like saying a sock is infinite because it can be turned inside out. OMG! Socks are magical!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, you don't.

Whoops, wrong pic.

It is a finite shape. Say it is infinite is a bit like saying a sock is infinite because it can be turned inside out. OMG! Socks are magical!!!!

Progression.  As that shape rotates it creates new points, like the progression of time.   It is moving yet staying in the same place, so theoretically he could have gone on into it forever.

The writers came up with it, not me, but it beats the hell out of your cube suggestion.  By a fucking longshot.

Sorry, socks do not equal a rotating fourth dimensional plane of existence created by fifth dimensional beings in the singularity of a black hole.  Bad analogy.  

Once again you are looking for hard science where it cannot exist and can only be hypothesized.  Like your time dilation/acceleration garbage,  At least where they stepped outside the realm of physical science they mostly maintained within the established realm of hypothesis.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You forgot to mention that Einstein thinks you die if you reach terminal velocity. Someone should call the redbull skydiver and tell him he's dead since he broke the sound barrier on the way down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love this thread.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What the fuck are you talking about?
View Quote

He's talking about the other tard, not you or the science is fake guy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Progression.  As that shape rotates it creates new points, like the progression of time.   It is moving yet staying in the same place, so theoretically he could have gone on into it forever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, you don't.

Whoops, wrong pic.

No new point are created. The configuration is modified and existing points are reused. Try again.

Sorry, socks do not equal a rotating fourth dimensional plane of existence created by fifth dimensional beings in the singularity of a wormhole.  Bad analogy.  Once again you are looking for hard science where it cannot exist and can only be hypothesized.  Like your time dilation/acceleration garbage,

The fourth dimension of a tesseract has as much to do with five dimensional beings as a Möbius strip has to do with three dimensional beings. Absolutely nothing and trying to draw a connection between the fourth dimension of a tesseract and five dimensional beings shows an inherent lack of understanding of what the fourth dimension of a tesseract is.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bless your heart.  

The very fact that you have gleaned that I'm at least a non-com on the God squad is more proof of your ability to stretch the available facts to the point of absurdity (or flat out lie) depending on your intellectual honesty with yourself.  

You sound like the SEAL in The Abyss when he was experiencing pressure sickness.

{mutters to self}

must take steps............must take steps.....

I can't believe they let you play with explosives.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No new point are created. The configuration is modified and existing points are reused. Try again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, kinda like time has been theorized?  Time moves along, occupying the same three dimensional space with the added coordinate of temporal distortion in the fourth dimension allowing for the progression of time.

Quoted:
The fourth dimension of a tesseract has as much to do with five dimensional beings as a Möbius strip has to do with three dimensional beings. Absolutely nothing and trying to draw a connection between the two shows an inherent lack of understanding of what the fourth dimension of a tesseract is.

Umm....no shit.  The tesseract wasn't built for the fifth dimension, it was built as a physical interface for third dimensional beings to interact with linear time, which was the bridge between the third and fifth dimension.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The very fact that you have gleaned that I'm at least a non-com on the God squad.
View Quote

No idea what you are talking about.  All I have gleaned is that you are worth of pointing at and laughing.  Don't really care to know much more.

Your argument was that scientists came up with global warming in relation to the theory of relativity and black holes, inferring both were fictitious.  When asked more specifically you did not clearly answer and instead alluded to science again being fictitious.

So, no...I did not make up any facts.  I didn't have to.  It's easy enough to laugh at you as is.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top