Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The last two years were a bit rough.

Some of you may remember the Christmas and Independence Day NRA membership giveaways that I did, but they had to stop for a while. Rent and all that hooey. Those of you who don't have Ferrari Italias and supermodel wives may be able to sympathize. I had to sell mine.

Anyway, I racked up a pile of OT and some per diems, so I have some extra cash and I need a good thing to do with it.

Convince me that you should receive an annual NRA membership and your membership will be one of the good things. It's my early Christmas present. It's a Thanksgiving present. For once, you can be glad that the Christmas sale started before Thursday.

This giveaway requires you to provide your name and address to me so that I can have the membership sent to your home. That bothers some people and I understand that. But, if you want the membership, you'll have to provide that information. So don't ask if you don't want to go there.

In the past, members have asked me to buy a membership for a family member. I'm okay with that, just make sure that the family member won't object to you providing his personal information.

We've got members whose houses burned down. Meanwhile, I'm pleased with myself because I bought another camera and a motorcycle. Sometimes the world isn't right. I aim to make Christmas come a little early for a few people.

Rogueboss, I saw your thread. If you post in here, the first three are yours.

<Tacked until the memberships have been claimed - Z>
View Quote

Well, aren't you a total stud. I have no good reason I can't afford it myself, so hopefully you get some good responses!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Your a good person OP.  Thanks for doing what you do.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love one if I got picked.

I have never been an NRA member, but my dad was until he passed away from prostate cancer this summer. He was given five years and managed to live for almost seven. I would like to join as kind of a tribute to him, but much like alot of others on here, bills keep coming in, and everytime I have had some extra money lately, something around the house, or one of the cars broke/died/went to hell, and it never seems to work out the right way.

I think its a great thing you are doing, and I am sure whomever gets picked will be honored
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I will make my decisions on Thanksgiving.

There is a distinct possibility that I will be drunk when I do that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will make my decisions on Thanksgiving.

There is a distinct possibility that I will be drunk when I do that.
View Quote

Sounds fun! Drunk + Turkey coma sounds like a good time!

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome! Thanks for being a giver :)
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
In reply to the OP's IM to me, don't know what happened to the original post.

I'd love one but I don't deserve one any more than the next guy.  I'm an Active Duty MSG with a little over 19 years in.  My wife is the stay at home Mom and teacher to our three kids age 7,5, and 3.  I have been an on again, off again member for a number of years, but truth be told it's the first thing cancelled when money gets tight.  Whether you pick me or not I commend you for doing this.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Good on you OP!  I could afford one if I wanted to.  For years I have been one of the on again, off again members.  After our last issue here in WA where a lot of us felt the NRA left us high and dry, I'm not interested in membership.

I applaud you though for getting new people involved though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I am probably not deserving of one of the ten memberships you have given all of the vets on here that have given up far more than I.

I am a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering student living on my own, and as much as I would love to be an NRA member, I simply cannot afford it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Your a good man to do such a thing. Thanks!

I'm not looking for a membership, as I'm a lifer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#13]
This is a pretty awesome thread, OP.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm out though. Pass it to somebody else who needs it more.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#14]
As a poor college grad who spends most of his money on college loans and has not been a member since my early teen years, I'll take one if there are any left.
If not, thanks for helping out fellow members OP.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Bravo Zulu to you Sir,  I  don't want one, but you have done a very nice thing here.  Well Done!!!  Well Done indeed.

Semper Fidelis,

Ritter
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:42:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks to all the members who've told me how awesome i am.

Trust me, I'm not that awesome. I'm kind of a douchebag, if you ask a lot of people who post here. Fatalerrorwhatever would be the most recent one who could explain it to you in detail.

So, if you think I'm cool, then I urge you to use the same attitude towards me that I use whenever there's a cop bash thread. Not everything is as it appears.

TBK1, thank you for calling me a pillar of this community, but I think that if I truly was one, I'd be the moderator of the test post forum by now. At least I could tell Johnny Reno that I bought the thing honestly.

Besides, I know when I'm not nice.

I do this because it matters to gun owners across the U.S.A. Sorry, Washington and Oregon, we didn't do what you needed. Your states have state NRA affiliates and you should ask them about what happened. More to the point, there's an old college gag about a student who wrote on the blackboard, "Question authority?"

According to the legend, the professor wrote underneath it, "If authority answers, will you listen?"

Will you? I questioned the NRA authority in New Jersey, which is as you well know, a gun rights disaster. I got answers, and I listened. As a result, I've spent years and thousands of dollars buying NRA memberships for people I'll never meet and who at best will remember a silly screen name on AR15.com when comes the next election.

I believe that I'm doing the right thing. I ask you, all of you, to do the same. It takes one more Republican, or Libertarian, or NRA member , or shooter, to support our side. If you don't want to buy into politics, then take your neighbor to the range. Show him how much fun he can have and how important is the right of self defense. We all see the threads about members who take noobs to the range. Imagine if we all did this once a year. There's 300,000 of us.

We're a fucking army. You don't have to buy an NRA membership for somebody. Just spread the good news.

Thanks again, and I will render my decisions tomorrow. If you didn't get a membership, you have my permission to say that I suck.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:13:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I was one of the lucky individuals to get one about two years ago. I deferred it to my father, who had been a lapsed member at the time. He passed away last year, but his copies of American Rifleman were one of the things I read to him every day after his stroke.

You're a good man, OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[div style='margin-left: 40px;'][div style='margin-left: 40px;']  

I was one of the lucky individuals to get one about two years ago. I deferred it to my father, who had been a lapsed member at the time. He passed away last year, but his copies of American Rifleman were one of the things I read to him every day after his stroke.

You're a good man, OP.

Damn dust in here and all that....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd like a membership, but can't come up with any great story for why I deserve it.  Heck, I d even own a rifle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#20]
pm sent...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#21]
OP-  I'm a life member already, but wanted to drop in and thank you for reminding me that there are still good people out there.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're a good man, OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[div style='margin-left: 40px;'][div style='margin-left: 40px;']  

You're a good man, OP.

Wow. That means a lot to me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I was offered four other memberships by folks who saw this thread, plus ontime1969 was a gimme.

Someone will have to agree to send his info to member AndrewS, who agreed to chip in. Got_Nukes will work with me through the mail for his offer.

The only part I don't like about this is I have to make a decision about who gets a membership and who does not. It is not easy. I wish I could do more.

The following members got an annual NRA membership:

If there is an asterisk next to your name, I've got your address and you're set.

It takes around six weeks for them to process the membership requests and get the magazine and stuff to you. Unless you say otherwise, I select American Rifleman as the magazine. They also publish American Hunter and America's First Freedom, so if you prefer one of those, please tell me in your IM. One of them is included with each annual membership.

xxontime1969's daughter*
xxjarheadchiro*
xxDash_ISpy*
xxMrKV*
xxintercooler*
xxSAE*
xxblackrifledan*
xxKeith1980*
xxProto3*
xxreaperbandg*
xx302cj3a*
xxsparkem*
xxTheOldRepublic*
xxKenny4842*
xxElijah1*

There has been the occasional screw-up with addresses. I don't know why it takes them six weeks to process something that was done on a computer, but it does and once in a while, it goes wrong.

WHERE'S MY STUFF?
If you don't have it by the first week in January, send me a PM and I'll work it out with the NRA in Virginia. They've always been good about correcting any mistakes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Awesome gesture.  You rock.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Thank you so much Sig! You're a good man brother

ETA: pm'd.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks very much!

I will make sure I renew it next year to keep it going. You are a stand up guy, and I hope to be able to give back at some point in a similar way!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank you.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#29]
You are a class act sigp226, while I know you are uncomfortable about thinking of your self as an awsome guy (I read that followup post), but I feel you are, and you are kind of a hero in my kids eyes tonight.  So let us give you kuddos, you and the other gentlemen who contributed are helping a good cause and doing a good thing by making these donations.

I just told my daugter that there is a guy, who even though he has had a hard time for the last few years, is doing better now.  He still feels it is important to promote and encourage responsable gun ownersip by paying for membership to the NRA " the special club".  She understands and knows what charity, giving back to the community and playing things forward means and also why its important to be a giver.  We have practiced giving as much as we can in the past.  It was not lost on her that you are a regular guy and that you are giving these to people that you dont know and paying out of your own pocket, and that she is the recipiant this time.  I used this as a teaching lesson to her about the season and about giving, so thanks for that too.

Needless to say she is very excited that you choose her.  She dosnt really know exactly what "the special nra club" is, she has a small idea, she knows it is cool and she know her daddy (me) is a member, knows the hat and the sticker on my truck.  She also knows it is related to her rifle shooting and to hunting.  I am as excited as she is to get her more involved and educated about the shooting sports and this will certainly contribute.  She already loves it, and this will help expand and solidify her education and help with understanding the responsability that comes with owning a firearm. I told her I will buy her a pink NRA kids hat now.

Thanks buddy, this has not been the easiest thanksgiving for us, but it has been good we are lucky.  I hope and look forward to when I can do this same thing for others in the future.  If you are ever in arizona please pm me.

Used my hat, and she wrote you a note it says:
Thanks sigp226 for the nra membership
Happy Thanksgiving
Jewels ontime junior
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:41:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#32]

I keep meaning to sign up, especially after sandy hook but haven't had the extra coin.  I did send tons of emails to senators and congress.

I'll get a membership and renew my membership here in time.

Thank you for the reminder!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Thank you, this is a big deal for me!
May God bless you in your giving!

Yours truly,

Jimmie
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#34]
It would give me something to read on a very soon upcoming deployment....
I never have been a NRA member.  Not sure why not.....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Great gift offering!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks! PMing you now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:35:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Incredible. I thought this went down that day. Big thanks to you. What an amazing gift. Cheers!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You are a class act sigp226, while I know you are uncomfortable about thinking of your self as an awsome guy (I read that followup post), but I feel you are, and you are kind of a hero in my kids eyes tonight.  So let us give you kuddos, you and the other gentlemen who contributed are helping a good cause and doing a good thing by making these donations.

I just told my daugter that there is a guy, who even though he has had a hard time for the last few years, is doing better now.  He still feels it is important to promote and encourage responsable gun ownersip by paying for membership to the NRA " the special club".  She understands and knows what charity, giving back to the community and playing things forward means and also why its important to be a giver.  We have practiced giving as much as we can in the past.  It was not lost on her that you are a regular guy and that you are giving these to people that you dont know and paying out of your own pocket, and that she is the recipiant this time.  I used this as a teaching lesson to her about the season and about giving, so thanks for that too.

Needless to say she is very excited that you choose her.  She dosnt really know exactly what "the special nra club" is, she has a small idea, she knows it is cool and she know her daddy (me) is a member, knows the hat and the sticker on my truck.  She also knows it is related to her rifle shooting and to hunting.  I am as excited as she is to get her more involved and educated about the shooting sports and this will certainly contribute.  She already loves it, and this will help expand and solidify her education and help with understanding the responsability that comes with owning a firearm. I told her I will buy her a pink NRA kids hat now.

Thanks buddy, this has not been the easiest thanksgiving for us, but it has been good we are lucky.  I hope and look forward to when I can do this same thing for others in the future.  If you are ever in arizona please pm me.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/Mobile%20Uploads/20141127_201426.jpg

Used my hat, and she wrote you a note it says:
Thanks sigp226 for the nra membership
Happy Thanksgiving
Jewels ontime junior
View Quote

This.........This is why I love this place.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He sucks,

yer pretty much in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz326/dasharfcom/2D4610BB-41EE-4450-8BB4-5B7371E6E805_zpsgu5yf1xa.jpg

Friend just sent this to me bragging from the dealership. I should get a membership just for dealing with his ego.

He sucks,

yer pretty much in.

Sex on wheels
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#40]
double tap
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:37:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Sex on wheels
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz326/dasharfcom/2D4610BB-41EE-4450-8BB4-5B7371E6E805_zpsgu5yf1xa.jpg

Friend just sent this to me bragging from the dealership. I should get a membership just for dealing with his ego.

He sucks,

yer pretty much in.

Sex on wheels

Yeah it's a nice car. Problem is he hasn't spoken to me in months after being called out and this is his response. But yes, it's a nice car.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Already an active member of the NRA.

But wanted to step in and thank you for your generosity to others in a noble cause.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Thank you
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#44]
I didn't make the cut, but still great gesture.  Thanks for doing it!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I just got home from another hospital stay and I really want to thank you. You my sir are an awesome Man and I truly thank you. Dan
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#46]
I would love to be one of those picked. If picked I will provide you with my name and address as you requested. If I am picked great if not that's ok, every one have a happy and safe holiday seadon.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#47]
... BTT
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#48]
bump for the last two
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I keep sending out IMs and stuff and there are still two memberships available.

First come, first served.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#50]
bttt
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top