[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Look ma! More fail!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's sad how many of the main actors from that series have passed away.
Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar)
Richard Biggs (Dr. Stephen Franklin)
Michael O'Hare (Jeffrey Sinclair - Valen)
Jeff Conaway (Zach)
Tim Choate (Zathras)
Robin Sachs (Minbari Warrior)
There's an online campaign to try to get a network interested in rebroadcasting the series.
View Quote

Dam didn't know that.

Wonder if that's why Michael O'Hare left after the first season? His acting wasn't bad.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

This guy liked it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_A._Tsoukalos
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
So why did the Minibars surrender to earth at the "Draw The Line" concert?

They could have wiped out earth and been done with it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You didn't go there...  

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're related to humans
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dam didn't know that.

Wonder if that's why Michael O'Hare left after the first season? His acting wasn't bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar)
Jeff Conaway (Zach)
Tim Choate (Zathras)
There's an online campaign to try to get a network interested in rebroadcasting the series.

Dam didn't know that.

Yeah, that was a big story after he died. click

I wasn't the biggest Sinclair fan, but I feel bad thinking that way after finding out the dude had debilitating mental illness.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent show!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Minbari not born of Minbari.

Or some such.

"War Without End".

Not saying anymore due to spoilers.

Loved the series.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

<snip>

Thanks for that! Been meaning to check it out, just didn't know where to start.

I was checking out Amazon to see what kind of damage Arf was going to do to my bank account this time and noticed two other movies, The Lost Tales and The Legend of the Rangers.
Where do they fall in the viewing order? Or was their exclusion a hint to not watch them?
View Quote

The Legend of the Rangers is set after the Shadow War, and is a stand alone movie from the B5 universe.  The Lost Tales were stories that Straczynski had for Babylon 5 but were never produced until after the close of the series.  I've got them, I need to update my watch list and add them, they're basically stand alone and watching them after the final B5 episode works out right...

edited for a train wreck of a sentence... must have a beer!

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I wasn't the biggest Sinclair fan, but I feel bad thinking that way after finding out the dude had debilitating mental illness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar)
Jeff Conaway (Zach)
Tim Choate (Zathras)

Dam didn't know that.

Wow, thanks
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, he was kind of dry as an actor imo and in his role but after I found out what he was going through - even on the set I really had to feel sorry for him
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#13]
In the story line, why did they leave and blow it up?  I saw one or two of the shows, but didn't follow it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not sure I ever watched a full episode, bits and pieces, just never grabbed me.

What is Jerry Doyle doing now?
View Quote

radio show.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In the story line, why did they leave and blow it up?  I saw one or two of the shows, but didn't follow it.
View Quote

They said that everything now went through the Interstellar Alliance on Minbar, and Earth Gov. took the station back over and it got very little business at that time and money was tight and just leaving it there made it a "menace to navigation" so they blew it up and collected the debris.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

radio show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure I ever watched a full episode, bits and pieces, just never grabbed me.

What is Jerry Doyle doing now?

radio show.

Yep... he is a conservative talk radio host now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#18]
(Paraphrased) "Zathras have very tragic life. Probably have very tragic death. But at least Zathras have symmetry!"

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1. Watch the B5 movie "The Gathering"
The Babylon 5 pilot movie The Gathering was originally broadcast in 1993 a full year ahead of the regular show.

2. Season 1

3. Season 2

4. Season 3

5. Watch Season 4 up thru episode "The illusion of truth"

6. Watch the B5 movie "Thirdspace"

7. Season 4: continue with episodes 9-22

8. Watch Season 5 up thru episode "Objects at Rest"

9. Watch the B5 movie "River of Souls"

10. Watch the B5 movie "In the Beginning"
This is a prelude set 10 years before Babylon 5. Against the logic of the title, see it at this stage. Should one see it before Season 1, much of the suspense in the main series would be ruined.

11. Watch the B5 movie "A Call to Arms"
This movie lays the groundwork for the spin-off TV series "Crusade".

12. Season 5: watch final episode "Sleeping in light"
View Quote

This is the proper way to watch it. Loved the show, met Claudia Christensen back then at a Comicon, nice lady. It was one of the few shows that had complex story lines and delved deeply into all of the major and some minor characters over the course of the show. Love the ending.

Sat down a few years ago and rewatched all of shows, movies and spinoffs again. Enjoyed it even more the second time around.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#20]
J. Michael Straczynski is a fucking genius.

I wish they hadn't canceled Crusade.

Lumbergh as a starship captain is classic.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
(Paraphrased) "Zathras have very tragic life. Probably have very tragic death. But at least Zathras have symmetry!"

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tomac/media/001.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/001.jpg</a>
Tomac
View Quote

Are you the one, or the one that was the one?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Would be nice if they would remaster it for a Blu-ray release but that's never going to happen.

View Quote

I doubt the surviving footage would translate to blu-ray well. While JMS did film in widescreen for the live shots, all of the CGI was created at 4:3 SD. I think they also lost all of the computer 'models', so it would be too expensive to redo the CGI in HD.

m

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#24]
‘Babylon 5' Movie Reboot Aiming For Production Start in 2016

http://screenrant.com/babylon-5-movie-reboot/
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I tried to watch it.    Really didn't give it a chance, tho.   I don't even know if I made it thru the first episode.  

I've watched Farscape (and if I remember, the first few episodes were kinda tough to get thru) and the new Battlestar Galactica, and I really liked them both.

Might have to give B5 another chance.
View Quote

The Farscape Movie is Officially Happening

http://io9.com/the-farscape-movie-is-officially-happening-1565378107
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Excellent series...............one of my favorite episodes is where Sheridan crashes the White Star into Z'Ha Dum with nukes on board..........Kosh's spirit telling him to "Jump.............Now!"
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
J. Michael Straczynski is a fucking genius.

I wish they hadn't canceled Crusade.

Lumbergh as a starship captain is classic.
View Quote

His run on Spider Man was awesome too. I have a collection of one of his story arcs. It's so good.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#28]
All I kept thinking was "Out of order! Fuck!!! Even in the future nothing works!!!"
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#29]
hanging on my wall.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is the proper way to watch it. Loved the show, met Claudia Christensen back then at a Comicon, nice lady. It was one of the few shows that had complex story lines and delved deeply into all of the major and some minor characters over the course of the show. Love the ending.

Sat down a few years ago and rewatched all of shows, movies and spinoffs again. Enjoyed it even more the second time around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Babylon 5 pilot movie The Gathering was originally broadcast in 1993 a full year ahead of the regular show.

2. Season 1

3. Season 2

4. Season 3

This is a prelude set 10 years before Babylon 5. Against the logic of the title, see it at this stage. Should one see it before Season 1, much of the suspense in the main series would be ruined.

Google Claudia Christensen Playboy pics... you will thank me later.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bab 5 was awesome. I remember watching the pilot when it aired and thinking, "This is unwatchable." It was the dialog and the acting and cheesy digital effects (which were identifiable as cheesy even then--models looked 100 times better).

Fast forward to years later and a ton of my friends were always talking about how awesome it is. I forced myself to watch at least the first season, and I ended up getting into it. By the time Season 3 came around, I was absolutely riveted. Great story, great storytelling, great characters, great setting, and one of those shows that just feels big.

I only wish that the network had not screwed the pooch by telling JMS that he had to wrap up in four seasons, then coming back and telling him he had been approved for Season 5 after all. My only beef with that series is that the end of the Shadow War was too contrived and came about too easily, which is of course explained by having to cram the final two seasons' worth of story into one season. Season 5 was not as awesome, but still very good considering they essentially had to come up with a whole new, 1-season story to tell thanks to the aforementioned pooch screwing.

Great stuff.
View Quote

The screwed JMS again with Crusade, the follow on series. JMS got pissed off enough with the network people messing with his work that he pulled the plug on Crusade himself after the first season.
If you watch Crusade with the commentary voiceovers turned on you hear comments in several episodes about how JMS wanted to have the Crusade episodes presented in a different order, plus JMS was against that mutiny on the ship at the start of episode 1.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Heck yeah
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never really watched much of it (snippets here or there). I liked Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, (some) Star Trek, (some) Stargate. Is this worth my time?

Heck yeah
Im going to have to watch the series

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Season 1

3. Season 2

4. Season 3

OMFG. I'm glad I didn't know she had done that back then. I would still be blind.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:51:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Wow it seems like forever ago that I watched the series.  I'm going to have to rewatch it.

Quoted:
Yeah, he was kind of dry as an actor imo and in his role but after I found out what he was going through - even on the set I really had to feel sorry for him
View Quote

What was he going through?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:57:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Even with how many times I have watched that show now, watching the very ending still gives me a serious case of the feels

http://youtu.be/znNciln7qwY

Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future, and it changed us.

It taught us that we had to create the future, or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have to care for each other – because if we don't, who will? And that strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely of places.

Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope that there can always be new beginnings, even for people like us.

As for Delenn.... Every morning for as long as she lived, Delenn got up before dawn and watched the sun come up.

I cry whenever I see that after going through the entire series

Best.Show.Ever!

View Quote

The technician that turns off the lights is JMS.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:03:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wow it seems like forever ago that I watched the series.  I'm going to have to rewatch it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Paranoid delusions, schizophrenia, seeing things/hallucinating. He had it pretty rough.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:22:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

OMFG. I'm glad I didn't know she had done that back then. I would still be blind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Season 1

3. Season 2

4. Season 3

Damn
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:29:04 AM EDT
[#38]
B5 is by far the greatest sci-fi experience I have had.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:37:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

It won't be the same without Andreas Katsulas as G'kar.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:02:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:13:43 AM EDT
[#41]

B5 was a great series. I'll have to watch it all some day as DarkStar layed it out.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:17:41 AM EDT
[#42]
The OP of this thread just cost me 115.00 because I ended up going to Amazon and ordering the entire box set. I've been meaning to for years, but I guess tonight was the night.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:17:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
One of my top favorite episodes was "Comes the Inquisitor."

That was good writing, delving into the question of, "Who are you?"
View Quote

An excellent episode!  A no spoilers clip

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Even with how many times I have watched that show now, watching the very ending still gives me a serious case of the feels

http://youtu.be/znNciln7qwY

Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future, it changed the past, and it changed us.

It taught us that we had to create the future, or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have to care for each other – because if we don't, who will? And that strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely of places.

Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope that there can always be new beginnings, even for people like us.

As for Delenn.... Every morning for as long as she lived, Delenn got up before dawn and watched the sun come up.

I cry whenever I see that after going through the entire series

Best.Show.Ever!

View Quote

late on this.

Just had to fix it. Babylon 4 went back in time to the last Shadow war. That should have been in the movie but it would have given away the plot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

It was the dialog and the acting and cheesy digital effects

Fast forward to years later and a ton of my friends were always talking about how awesome it is. I forced myself to watch at least the first season, and I ended up getting into it. By the time Season 3 came around, I was absolutely riveted. Great story, great storytelling, great characters, great setting, and one of those shows that just feels big.

View Quote
It was better than most iterations of Trek, but a lot of it was still pretty hokey.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#49]
G'Kar and Londo's back and forth was amazing throughout the series, by far my two favorite characters even though their species go extinct.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
G'Kar and Londo's back and forth was amazing throughout the series, by far my two favorite characters even though their species go extinct.
View Quote

Londo and G'kar's friendship went from comic to comic-tragic over the course of the show. Exceedingly well done.

Londo was always good for a quip... "what is it, you moon-faced assassin of joy?" - Londo to Vir.

I still say that.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top