Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone know if the lower is aluminum or polymer?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being that I'm not generally a single issue voter,  I'm also not a single issue hater.

1.  Troy hired that Jody Weis asshole.  They defended the hire long enough to be an issue.

2.  Dicks.  Dicks canceled orders and shafted customers.  Troy could have stepped in and filled the orders for people that already paid for a rifle, but they got super greedy and sold rifles that were already paid for elsewhere for 2-3x the price after Sandy Hook.  

3.  Their mags.  Not only do they suck hard,  after Sandy Hook when they were supposed to go on sale for the first time "Oh, hey,  these are $45 each... You know,  R&D costs that we need to make up for the first two years".  Yeah.  Right.  They wouldn't even ship to distributors for a while just so they could maximize the profit.

4.  Hiring Dale Monroe.  It's obvious that he was covering for his comrades.  Side whichever way you want on this issue,  I'm still saying it was a bad move.  I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find a more suitable candidate for the position...

5.  Those buttstocks.  Dayyyyyyumm.  Expensive, ugly and awful.  

With that said,  I own a few pre-2013 Troy products.  I don't hate them enough to destroy them (they already got my money),  but I surely do not recommend them to anybody and I will eventually replace most of them.  This is partially because they aren't the best products that I could have on my guns.  Hell,  their 7.2" rail weighs more than a 10" Seekins.   I'll gladly pass on a $600 rifle and I won't tell anybody to buy it either.
View Quote

Good summary.  That buttstock is FUGLY, and has to be replaced.  Heavy rail.  In the end, you're not saving that much over a rifle like a PSA rifle, with the benefit of not having Troy on it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lol everyone is outraged when Russian guns can't be imported even though the cocksuckers invaded Ukraine and are one of the most corrupt governments on the planet  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People murder themselves in the factories iPhones are made, but I don't see anyone here throwing their iPhones away (which many people on this site own) and screaming FUCK APPLE.... I'd get one if I had an extra $600 lying around... Make a good 'truck gun' (even though my CA ass can't have one)

I wonder how many folks who are cussing Troy up and down would gladly plop down money on a Russian firearm.
Lol everyone is outraged when Russian guns can't be imported even though the cocksuckers invaded Ukraine and are one of the most corrupt governments on the planet  

different nation.  their nation, their rules.  you could say the same about China, but we are deeply in bed with them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Does anyone know if the lower is aluminum or polymer?
View Quote
Assuming these are made the same:

-Mil-Spec hard coat anodized forged lower receiver with Troy Industries Enhanced Trigger Guard

-Chrome Moly Vanadium Melonite coated 1/7 RH twist barrel, chambered in 5.56 with M4 feed ramps, 16.1" length

taken from here:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/975216-Now-In-Stock!!!-TROY-Northern-Guard-Carbine!!!

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I wonder how many people have thought "that's a great deal but I sure won't post that I bought one!"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sald days. This deal alert has turned into a train wreck
I wonder how many people have thought "that's a great deal but I sure won't post that I bought one!"  

I feel so filthy right now.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought about.

The Troy thing, whatever.

Gonna pass.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Selling illegal arms= bad idea
Stand off with gov=bad idea
Stand off while your family is present =insanely bad idea
Skipping court date = bad idea
Hanging out with skin heads = bad idea
Telling federal agents you will resist being apprehended,  with force, = bad idea.

But you are right, take weavers side without seeing both sides of the argument.. besides the gubmint is bad and they shot his dog, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You are sure living up to your user name here, although I don't think many get it's meaning without the use of google.

Telling federal agents you will resist being apprehended,  with force, = bad idea.

But you are right, take weavers side without seeing both sides of the argument.. besides the gubmint is bad and they shot his dog, right?

Shooting an unarmed lady with a baby in her hands is burn in hell material.

I hope Lon likes warm climates

You think God isnt't waiting to send that fucker to eternal damnation?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are sure living up to your user name here, although I don't think many get it's meaning without the use of google.

Didn't the bullet travel through a closed door prior to striking her, ie she was not intentionally targeted?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Didn't the bullet travel through a closed door prior to striking her, ie she was not intentionally targeted?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Know your target and whats behind it".
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck Troy and all that jazz
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

FFS

Really?

And

It's not like weaver "Allowed" his family to be in harms way! It was their damn HOME!

ETA: redacted for lack of pic...

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fpni
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How many people parroting "fuck troy!" do you think listened to the c span tape?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We thank everyone for their opinions on Dale Monroe. We are still reviewing Mr. Monroe’s relationship with Troy Asymmetric and are looking in to the claims that are being made online.

We have reviewed the 1995 Ruby Ridge Congressional testimony and found at 1:42:35 of the taping, it is indeed Ed Wenger who says he would have shot, had Special Agent Horiuchi not shot first.http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/67153-1

The attribution of the statement on gunssavelife.com to Mr. Monroe is incorrect. After reviewing the testimony, we are confident that you, too, will find that it is indeed Wenger that made the statement, not Monroe.

Monroe was an FBI HRT member assigned a mission which turned tragic. We are saddened by the events at Ruby Ridge and recognize the significance of the tragedy. If you’ve never worn a uniform, you might not understand why Monroe was in the situation he was in, but if you have worn a uniform, you know how it is to follow orders in a fluid situation.

We’re weighing a difficult decision with many facets and things to consider. One thing we know for sure: Mr. Monroe did not state that he would have fired first. We do hope you will take the time to review all of the available materials on Ruby Ridge and Dale Monroe, and welcome your comments, as they will most certainly help us to reach a final, informed decision.

What would I expect them to say.
How many people parroting "fuck troy!" do you think listened to the c span tape?  

I did and watched the video. F.U.C.K. Troy
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Baby had a collapsing stock and flash hider.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't care what he did overseas as long as it didnt involve killing innocent American civilians.

There is a difference between a JBT BS standoff and a man fighting a war in another country.

Free

Quoted:

i wonder if people would be all up in arms if it came out that travis haley did some not kosher shit over seas and bravo kept him as an employee/spokesman...
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I went for one.  

If you are interested I would suggest calling.  They jump you to the front of the line of people that signed up for one on the website over the weekend.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#19]
i ordered 2, 14.5 and a 16", yea i know ill burn in hell but the temptation was too great
gots me some emails but nothing after that.
Did anybody get further than me?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#20]
If you just signed up for one on the website give them a call.  They're supposedly calling down the list that signed up online, but they're not honoring the order if people call ahead of you.  Until you call with CC info, you have nothing.  I called yesterday...they said 1-2 weeks until they ship.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you just signed up for one on the website give them a call.  They're supposedly calling down the list that signed up online, but they're not honoring the order if people call ahead of you.  Until you call with CC info, you have nothing.  I called yesterday...they said 1-2 weeks until they ship.
View Quote

What time of day did you call? I called about 1pm and asked to talk with a sales member and was told they were working down the list and the sales staff would call me by next Monday.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm a little confused. Does that mean they are honoring the queue, but anyone who calls and requests special snowflake status gets moved to the "I don't have to wait in line with the riff-raff" line?

That's an interesting way to implement the sales policy stated on that page: "First come, first served. Limited quantities."

All Weis/Monroe stuff aside, the coupon stacking fiasco and this circumventing of first come/first served would make me wary of the company's treatment of customers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm a little confused. Does that mean they are honoring the queue, but anyone who calls and requests special snowflake status gets moved to the "I don't have to wait in line with the riff-raff" line?

That's an interesting way to implement the sales policy stated on that page: "First come, first served. Limited quantities."

All Weis/Monroe stuff aside, the coupon stacking fiasco and this circumventing of first come/first served would make me wary of the company's treatment of customers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't quote me on that.  Just going on general impressions.

I signed up online on Saturday morning.  I called yesterday morning at 10:00.  I let them know I signed up online, gave them my last name so they could locate me on the list, and then they immediately went ahead and processed my order, got my CC#, told me to get them my FFL info, etc.  They said they are working through the list as they had time but they seemed to process my order immediately upon my call.  

Thus my suggestion for folks to call.  Until they have your CC info, your "reservation" IMO is worth about what you paid to make it. However, it sounds like they may have changed policy since I made my call according to the post above yours.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What time of day did you call? I called about 1pm and asked to talk with a sales member and was told they were working down the list and the sales staff would call me by next Monday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the same run around. They said they would call me by tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#26]
i noticed they are no longer "Canadian surplus" and just troy rifles
don't know if i like this more or less
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I noticed that too. I think the Canadian aspect makes for a more interesting rifle, so I am hoping that because I ordered when the "Northern Guards" were still being advertised, that I will get such a rifle. Either way, I think for the $599 you are getting a very nice rifle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I wouldn't touch it for $5.99 shipped.

Fuck troy
View Quote
This

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I noticed that too. I think the Canadian aspect makes for a more interesting rifle, so I am hoping that because I ordered when the "Northern Guards" were still being advertised, that I will get such a rifle. Either way, I think for the $599 you are getting a very nice rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i did one order with the "northern guards" one without, id be more happy to get a Canadian one, but with the how their honoring the phones now i may be SOL
ill ask on the phone tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#31]
I've worn a uniform and taken orders and been in fluid gunfights, somehow I managed not to shoot a woman and a baby.

Fuck Troy
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't touch it for $5.99 shipped.

Fuck troy
This

$5.99 for an inanimate object made by workers unassociated with whoever ya'll are bitching about? Sign me up for all of yours that you passed up on.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Update: My rifle shipped today and should arrive Friday.  Sweet!  

Interestingly, I got an e-mail from them today as well which I believe was from me signing up on their website on Saturday.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Interestingly, I got an e-mail from them today as well which I believe was from me signing up on their website on Saturday.
View Quote

Did you get the 14.5 or 16"?

We'll need a full review of what it looks like. My two 14.5" aren't scheduled for delivery till Tuesday.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

FYI, The Troy Industries website has some great Black Friday prices on handguard, sights, etc.

I ordered a 13 inch Troy VTAC rail for the Canadian Contract rifle I ordered. $139

https://troyind.com/products/vtac-alpha-13-blk

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#36]
That's the ugliest stock I've ever seen.

That said, fuck Troy with a board with rusty nails
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
folks here could find you a similar deal elsewhere, from someone who doesn't hate American citizens.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just bought one, can not pass that deal up.
folks here could find you a similar deal elsewhere, from someone who doesn't hate American citizens.

+1

plus, that is one FUGLY rifle.

fuck troy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#38]
so i called gave my cc info and asked for a Canadian rifle. they said sure
but then got an email with a form attached to put down my credit card info.
so no sure if thats a double tap, or if that was a result from the phone
anyways it should be pretty cool!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We'll need a full review of what it looks like. My two 14.5" aren't scheduled for delivery till Tuesday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I see mentioned and I did notice they are no longer showing the Canadian roll markings.  That is the only reason I am buying this rifle so I guess it is time to call to see which one they are sending me as I may have to cancel.

Edit.  I called and all the 14.5" Canadian rifles were sold so I have a 16" Canadian rifle headed my way.  My darn FFL dealer didn't send a copy of his FFL until today or I would have gotten one of the 14.5" rifles.  

Got a tracking # and I will post pics once it arrives.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Update? Pics?  Roll mark? F Troy?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
+1

fuck troy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just bought one, can not pass that deal up.

+1

fuck troy.

Value-wise, even if a base rifle (let's say a DTI $495 M4) gets a $175 rail, $40 FS, and a $100 stock... they still aren't going to market it at $599.  

Like it or not, this rifle was a steal.

The fact that Troy hired a murderer doesn't change the notion that it's a good value.

(I'll admit the stock is fugly)
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#43]
okay so
called again today to confirm my phone order. they said they were waiting on fffl, i asked if i could email it to them and they said sure,
i did but then got no response, call again tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Some of you would buy an AR from obama if the price was low.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Some of you would buy an AR from obama if the price was low.

View Quote

I don't do FTF transactions if they look suspicious.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
okay so
called again today to confirm my phone order. they said they were waiting on fffl, i asked if i could email it to them and they said sure,
i did but then got no response, call again tomorrow
View Quote

closed this weekend,
ugghhh, should have know better, but ill get it straightened out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Any photos yet?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#48]

I picked up my rifles this morning.

I'll post some pics and comments this evening.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Picked mine up this afternoon. Has more machine marks than any AR lower I have ever bought.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I have to admit, I was and am very temped...even with the welded flash supressor...but I digress - FTROY
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top