BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm expecting the primary to come down to Rand and Jeb.

Hopefully lots of people run but nobody who'll pull votes from Rand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who are the alternatives at this point, do we think?  Ben Carson?  Rick Santorum?  Mitt Romney again?  Jeb Bush?  Gary Johnson again?  New Jersey's Eric Cartman?

The Bush family is a poisoned well.  No way the GOP would win running Jeb.  The Democrats could run a rabid chimpanzee or the wicked witch of Arkansas and beat a Bush.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Whether or not a particular ARFCOM ideology savages a political candidate depends on whether or not the canditate's name ends with Paul.

In which case,  the libertarian crowd suddenly decides that in the case of a Paul; they no longer need to remain ideological purists.

Anyone else they disparage with the sobriquet of RINO.

Neither of the Pauls is ideologically a conservative which is why they appeal so strongly  to liberals, college kids, and the 99 percenters.
View Quote

Which potential candidate do you prefer?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Rand opened up his mouth and stood in line with liberals who wanted to "End the Militarization of the Police" in a city that was rioting, looting, shooting at police, shooting other innocent people, burning buildings down, throwing molotov cocktails, and other BS.

His support of that basically told me all I needed to know about him. Do you honestly think that they would stop with the ending of the  "militarization of police" and not go after civilian ownership? I men if it too unsafe for the police then the average Joe Blow shouldn't have it either.

Its a slippery slope and he fell in line with it like a good little liberal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And his blatant pandering to the Ferguson street rioters also plays well to liberals.

Since when is it a liberal thing to want accountability for police brutality?  Here in GD, that seems like a pretty common theme.

What brutality?

You're right.  Cops never do wrong.  Nothing to see here.

Rand opened up his mouth and stood in line with liberals who wanted to "End the Militarization of the Police" in a city that was rioting, looting, shooting at police, shooting other innocent people, burning buildings down, throwing molotov cocktails, and other BS.

His support of that basically told me all I needed to know about him. Do you honestly think that they would stop with the ending of the  "militarization of police" and not go after civilian ownership? I men if it too unsafe for the police then the average Joe Blow shouldn't have it either.

Well the police were threatening to kill media, lasing random people with rifles, and shooting media with shotgun LTLs and luanching tear gas at them.

And they just stood back and watched the mob burn down a building or two.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't it amazing at what can be accomplished when you drop the partisan politics?  Rand Paul reaches out to everyone in the country, not just his partisan buddies.  That is why liberals don't go running away screaming from him like they do every other Republican.  The hard core, kool-aid drinking, establishment, partisan GOPers on this site won't like it but at this point their opinion is pretty much useless.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks like some Libtards can be convinced to leave the Messiah.......  

Interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/im-a-liberal-democrat-im_b_6169542.html
View Quote

Birds of a feather...
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And his blatant pandering to the Ferguson street rioters also plays well to liberals.

Since when is it a liberal thing to want accountability for police brutality?  Here in GD, that seems like a pretty common theme.

What brutality?

You're right.  Cops never do wrong.  Nothing to see here.

Yeah; Rand Paul has taken a great position regarding the reasons for  looting, rioting and mayhem perpetrated in Fergusen by the urban street thugs.

"Society's fault".

http://time.com/3111474/rand-paul-ferguson-police/

The gentle giant victim is at the lower right.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Rand Paul is an isolationist nutcase like his father was.

He will get the Larouche vote as well.
View Quote

Yep.  About as viable a political candidate as that guy that stands on street corners talking to  a light pole.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't want to be a wet blanket , but what I am getting from that primarily is that the author "likes" Rand Paul because of

(a) the hope that he'll be "libertarian" in being anti-war like his dad, and want to reduce military spending/involvement

(b) the hope that he will support "immigration reform" i.e. amnesty for all the illegals.

So I don't really think it's an example of a liberal "coming around" and supporting a republican.  
View Quote

If Rand can play the flim-flam man to the libtards that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't want to be a wet blanket , but what I am getting from that primarily is that the author "likes" Rand Paul because of

(a) the hope that he'll be "libertarian" in being anti-war like his dad, and want to reduce military spending/involvement

(b) the hope that he will support "immigration reform" i.e. amnesty for all the illegals.

So I don't really think it's an example of a liberal "coming around" and supporting a republican.  

Yeah, he's playing flim flam alright.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1675039&page=1
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Isn't it amazing at what can be accomplished when you drop the partisan politics?  Rand Paul reaches out to everyone in the country, not just his partisan buddies.  That is why liberals don't go running away screaming from him like they do every other Republican.  The hard core, kool-aid drinking, establishment, partisan GOPers on this site won't like it but at this point their opinion is pretty much useless.
View Quote

Yep pretty clear that the GOP faithful here interpret any discussion of fixing problems with immigration or racial tensions as siding with the liberals, therefore Rand is unelectable.

I stand with Rand.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He will get the Larouche vote as wel
l.
View Quote

Wisdom coming from Wisconsin! I agree 100% with you.
The only other "So Called Republican" that disgusts me more than Paul, is Crispy Cream.

Funny the Ron Paul signs I saw around here in 2012, changed to 0BAMA signs once he lost in the primary.
That should tell you something.
I won't vote for that Turd.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.

He's a populist.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well the police were threatening to kill media, lasing random people with rifles, and shooting media with shotgun LTLs and luanching tear gas at them.

And they just stood back and watched the mob burn down a building or two.
View Quote

Rand was RIGHT on that issue.  Both on the score that we've turned our police into something that acts like an occupying army sometimes (and that being a bad thing) and on the fact that we've as a society, created the permanent underclass that produces so much of the crime in our country.  Between the drug war, paying people to not work, and yeah, some of us being assholes to other folks because they look different, we've helped make the bed we're lying in.    

What we SHOULD do is acknowledge that, and work to stop doing what's causing it.  We should be ending the drug war, phasing out and fixing welfare, and removing racist policies from the govt.  

We should NOT be arming up the local PD to take on Armageddon because that's the quickest way to CAUSE the fucking thing.

Yep, but let's vilify Rand for being against having cops that feel free to act like that because liberals agree with him.  That'll be real effective.

Conservatives should agree with him.    They would if they would bother to look beyond the spin from the establishment GOP guys he's scaring.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Whether or not a particular ARFCOM ideology savages a political candidate depends on whether or not the canditate's name ends with Paul.

In which case,  the libertarian crowd suddenly decides that in the case of a Paul; they no longer need to remain ideological purists.

Neither of the Pauls is ideologically a conservative which is why they appeal so strongly  to liberals, college kids, and the 99 percenters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
God forbid a conservative do what it takes to get elected president in this country.

Every time someone tries, ARFCOM savages them for being a RINO and a sell-out, and refuses to support them.

OK so Rand Paul is not ideologically a conservative. I guess you would rather have another George W. Bush who went on record as being willing to make the AWB permanent if the bill got to his desk. Or maybe you'd rather have John McCain or Mitt Romney, who are both for an AWB. Those guys are so ideologically conservative...

I ask again, name me a current presidential hopeful that is more pro-gun than Rand Paul.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep.  About as viable a political candidate as that guy that stands on street corners talking to  a light pole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He will get the Larouche vote as well.

Yep.,... Let's run Romney or McCain again.  Maybe the fatty from Jersey can win.    

Lol!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Birds of a feather...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/im-a-liberal-democrat-im_b_6169542.html

Birds of a feather...

Bingo.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bingo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

Birds of a feather...

Bingo.

Since you ignored the last poster asking, who is your candidate again? The GOP hardliners have been looking to throw Rand under the bus for any reason they can come up with. It's rather pathetic to watch.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The Bush family is a poisoned well.  No way the GOP would win running Jeb.  The Democrats could run a rabid chimpanzee or the wicked witch of Arkansas and beat a Bush.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who are the alternatives at this point, do we think?  Ben Carson?  Rick Santorum?  Mitt Romney again?  Jeb Bush?  Gary Johnson again?  New Jersey's Eric Cartman?

Completely agree with this.  Although I think Jeb would be a great president, I don't think he is electable at this point.  May be couple of cycles later.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Since you ignored the last poster asking, who is your candidate again? The GOP hardliners have been looking to throw Rand under the bus for any reason they can come up with. It's rather pathetic to watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

Birds of a feather...

Bingo.

Rand Paul is throwing Rand Paul under the bus, at least for my vote.

I was  for Rand until he decided to stick his feet into the social justice and anti-police pool in Ferguson.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Then you aren't a "liberaltarian."  They sat out or "voted their conscience" and wrote in Gary Johnson in every spot on the ballot.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You liberaltarians do realize he is pro-life right? Doesnt that make him to much of a "bible-thumper" for you?

Doesn't matter to me.

This "liberaltarian" voted basically straight R this last election.

Then you aren't a "liberaltarian."  They sat out or "voted their conscience" and wrote in Gary Johnson in every spot on the ballot.  

Tell me more about how all libertarians are exactly the same. I guess all Republicans are exactly the same also? Can I look at John McCain's views on an AWB and assume that all Republicans would support an AWB?

Lumping all small-government leaning people into your "liberaltarian" bucket and assuming they all agree on every issue and all vote exactly the same does nothing to help whatever argument you are trying to make.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm sure he ignored it because it's an idiotic question.  There IS no candidate.  None.  The election is too far into the future.  At this time in 2006 Obama didn't exist on the national stage.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure he ignored it because it's an idiotic question.  There IS no candidate.  None.  The election is too far into the future.  At this time in 2006 Obama didn't exist on the national stage.  

Not true.

Obama was widely regarded as the hottest up-and-coming Democrat in 2006, that would have been over two years after he gave the speech that catapulted him onto the national stage at the 2004 convention.

You may not have seen him coming, but a lot of people did.

It isn't early at all. Anyone serious about a run has already started running whether they've announced or not. A presidential run isn't something a nobody can put together in six months.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#29]
The NY Times endorsed McCain.  It was an action designed to support their desired end-state.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know giving keynote speeches at the DNC Convention in 2004 wasn't considered the "national stage". There's only two years left maybe it's time the GOP got around to finding some candidates since we currently have none.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay no attention to him. He needs Reince Priebus to tell him what to do.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Since when is it a liberal thing to want accountability for police brutality self defense shooting?  Here in GD, that seems like a pretty common theme.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when is it a liberal thing to want accountability for police brutality self defense shooting?  Here in GD, that seems like a pretty common theme.

Be careful of when and what you decide to plant your feet down in support of, some of it will always stick to your shoe enough to make you go to the grass and drag your feet to get it off, or worse grab a stick and pick at it.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Like I said, I don't agree with everything he says.  I can live with that position though if it gets me an electable pro gun pro free market pro individual liberty president.

HELL yeah I'll suffer a pro life president to get that.  It's not like he's gonna single handedly overturn RvW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You liberaltarians do realize he is pro-life right? Doesnt that make him to much of a "bible-thumper" for you?

Like I said, I don't agree with everything he says.  I can live with that position though if it gets me an electable pro gun pro free market pro individual liberty president.

HELL yeah I'll suffer a pro life president to get that.  It's not like he's gonna single handedly overturn RvW.

Lesser of two evils...
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm sure he ignored it because it's an idiotic question.  There IS no candidate.  None.  The election is too far into the future. At this time in 2006 Obama didn't exist on the national stage.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure he ignored it because it's an idiotic question.  There IS no candidate.  None.  The election is too far into the future. At this time in 2006 Obama didn't exist on the national stage.  

lol whut
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck, I hope Paul doesn't turn into another "We President Now" bobble head.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't matter to me.

This "liberaltarian" voted basically straight R this last election.

Tell me more about how all libertarians are exactly the same. I guess all Republicans are exactly the same also? Can I look at John McCain's views on an AWB and assume that all Republicans would support an AWB?
Lumping all small-government leaning people into your "liberaltarian" bucket and assuming they all agree on every issue and all vote exactly the same does nothing to help whatever argument you are trying to make.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?  

I see you saying all "liberaltarians" sat out the election or wrote in Gary Johnson. I see the word "liberaltarian" used on this board as a pejorative term that implies that people who identify as Libertarian are actually liberals. So when I see it spelled that way here I read it as a blanket statement about all Libertarians, written by someone who dislikes them. Am I wrong about that? Whatever statement you are trying to make didn't come across well on this end.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Which candidate do you prefer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay no attention to him. He needs Reince Priebus to tell him what to do.  

Which candidate do you prefer?
That's an idiotic question. "  There IS no candidate.  None.  The election is too far into the
future.  At this time in 2006 Obama didn't exist on the national stage."

But since I'm not to chickenshit to say who I could support I'll mention them. Right now, as of today, I could get behind Rand or Scott Walker or even Jim Jordan if any of them would decide to run.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's also a non sequitur intended to deflect well deserved criticism away from Rand Paul and onto any candidate I could possibly name as my personal choice at this juncture.

Fact is; I favored Rand Paul until he showed his true colors with his pandering Ferguson Op-Ed piece.

Then he followed up with his flip flopping double talking on the Iraq/ISIS matter.

As another poster has already said; I now hold Rand Paul just a step above New Jersey Governor Crispycreme Lardass,  and if the choice were between only those two I'd hold my nose and vote for Paul.

Hopefully, that won't need to be the case since Rand Paul's racial pandering and waffling on middle east foreign policy has been rather pathetic to watch.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In months past I posted "I stand with Rand" several times myself.  That's why the vetting process is long and tiresome--like dating.  

Edit to add:  And before the locust swarm envelopes me with "YOU SUPPORT CHRISTIE!!"--I would vote for Rand Paul if he is the GOP candidate over whatever Dem runs.  I will not likely vote for him in the primary, though I don't fully rule it out either.  A LOT can happen between now and then, which has been my point all along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's also a non sequitur intended to deflect well deserved criticism away from Rand Paul and onto any candidate I could possibly name as my personal choice at this juncture.

Fact is; I favored Rand Paul until he showed his true colors with his pandering Ferguson Op-Ed piece.

Then he followed up with his flip flopping double talking on the Iraq/ISIS matter.

As another poster has already said; I now hold Rand Paul just a step above New Jersey Governor Crispycreme Lardass,  and if the choice were between only those two I'd hold my nose and vote for Paul.

Hopefully, that won't need to be the case since Rand Paul's racial pandering and waffling on middle east foreign policy has been rather pathetic to watch.

In months past I posted "I stand with Rand" several times myself.  That's why the vetting process is long and tiresome--like dating.  

Edit to add:  And before the locust swarm envelopes me with "YOU SUPPORT CHRISTIE!!"--I would vote for Rand Paul if he is the GOP candidate over whatever Dem runs.  I will not likely vote for him in the primary, though I don't fully rule it out either.  A LOT can happen between now and then, which has been my point all along.

Exactly, but it's still not acceptable because you didn't swear undying fealty to Rand Paul.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I thought every sensible human being is "anti war". I mean seriously, who wants their kids or friends/neighbors kids going and getting killed. Sometimes war is necessary but to rip someone as anti war is stupid. The talking heads always saying "we should do this or that" have never been or never will fight for shit. They just let others go to die and then do news stories on them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a valid question to ask when someone is willing to toss a candidate under the bus for the high crimes of "admitting there is racial tension between blacks and law enforcement" and "maybe our middle east policies didn't work so well". Factor in your crazies like cm who are crying out "OMG Rand supported Mitch McConnell in his reelection, therefore he's a member of the establishment!" and it all looks rather pathetic.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Fuck Rand and his views on free market economics, state's rights and a more cost effective foreign policy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

One of the ways I differ from a typical "liberaltarian," I believe it is the taking of a life: ie murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the ways I differ from a typical "liberaltarian," I believe it is the taking of a life: ie murder.

God has the power to stop people from having an abortion. He gives us free will to choose what is right. If you choose poorly that is unfortunate but I don't believe I'm better than God so I don't try to override his authority. Apparently that the part "conservatives" can't deal with. They think God doesn't want you to have free will. They want you to do what they think is right or your a kook
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Then name the candidate(s) we should be googly eyed over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.

Obama was widely regarded as the hottest up-and-coming Democrat in 2006, that would have been over two years after he gave the speech that catapulted him onto the national stage at the 2004 convention.

You may not have seen him coming, but a lot of people did.

It isn't early at all. Anyone serious about a run has already started running whether they've announced or not. A presidential run isn't something a nobody can put together in six months.

Then name the candidate(s) we should be googly eyed over.

Not sure what you mean.

All I'm advocating is not beating up on the ones we have.

Particularly over the stupid shit people have been bashing Paul over.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I told a "libertarian" he is NOT a "liberaltarian" so you then accuse me of calling all libertarians liberaltarians.  See a problem with that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you saying all "liberaltarians" sat out the election or wrote in Gary Johnson. I see the word "liberaltarian" used on this board as a pejorative term that implies that people who identify as Libertarian are actually liberals. So when I see it spelled that way here I read it as a blanket statement about all Libertarians, written by someone who dislikes them. Am I wrong about that? Whatever statement you are trying to make didn't come across well on this end.

I told a "libertarian" he is NOT a "liberaltarian" so you then accuse me of calling all libertarians liberaltarians.  See a problem with that?

So you are using "liberaltarian" as a word with a different meaning than libertarian. I've seen other people on here use the two versions interchangeably, with the "liberaltarian" spelling simply adding the implication that the writer dislikes the group he is referring to. I guess my reading comprehension stops where made-up words start being used.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top