Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm skeptical about these CZ magazines retailing for $20 in the US since all the CZ factory pistol mags I've come across (not milsurp) have been on the high end.  The price of magazines is a major factor for people like me that like to have at least 10 spare magazines.  At these prics, I'm hopeful that SIG will come down in price since injection molding production is very low cost.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm skeptical about these CZ magazines retailing for $20 in the US since all the CZ factory pistol mags I've come across (not milsurp) have been on the high end.  The price of magazines is a major factor for people like me that like to have at least 10 spare magazines.  At these prics, I'm hopeful that SIG will come down in price since injection molding production is very low cost.
View Quote

Except that the Sig mags aren't made by Sig, so they may not have much control over the cost of the mags.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Except that the Sig mags aren't made by Sig, so they may not have much control over the cost of the mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, Lancer-built mags. I hope they'll get down to the $40 range. Equally skeptical about the CZ mag price, but if they are that low, that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Equally skeptical about the CZ mag price, but if they are that low, that would be awesome.
View Quote

Yes it would.  Just checked the CZ store, they don't even show up there yet.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sig brace isn't that bad, but for factory stock it's an SBR then.  Big difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If true, great news the 30 rounders will be available. The factory stock is a must have though. I have no interest in the ugly ass Sig brace.

Sig brace isn't that bad, but for factory stock it's an SBR then.  Big difference.

I'm not arguing the merits of the sig brace. If you want one, go for it. I want the factory stock. I'm well aware of the fact that would make it an sbr. Wouldn't be my first. The original factory configuration is way more appealing to some of us.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not arguing the merits of the sig brace. If you want one, go for it. I want the factory stock. I'm well aware of the fact that would make it an sbr. Wouldn't be my first. The original factory configuration is way more appealing to some of us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If true, great news the 30 rounders will be available. The factory stock is a must have though. I have no interest in the ugly ass Sig brace.

Yep.

I will be SBRing one for sure. The Sig brace is cool but not what I'm going for with this gun.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
http://cz-usa.com/uncategorized/scorpion-hopefully-youve-stocking-ammo/

website updated and they show $19.99 for the 30rd mags. Its like they are reading Arfcom.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I want one, and I will SBR it (subject to US parts availability, of course)... now to get the money. It may have to be a law school graduation gift to myself summer of 2016.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd SBR one of these sexy bitches and put it alongside the MPX I haven't purchased yet either.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

website updated and they show $19.99 for the 30rd mags. Its like they are reading Arfcom.
View Quote

I'm checking my calendar to verify this isn't April Fools Day because I've never seen a major manufacturer offer a new OEM Proprietary 30 round magazine for $20 when releasing a new gun.  Their marketing department knows the price point to sell these guns so I hope manufacturing & shipping guys can keep up.

It also surprises me about the short window from announcement to proposed release date - unlike many letdowns from past teasers at SHOT.  This must be a kick in the gut to the guys at SIG.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy fuck, I'm going to buy 2 guns and a million mags.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm checking my calendar to verify this isn't April Fools Day because I've never seen a major manufacturer offer a new OEM Proprietary 30 round magazine for $20 when releasing a new gun.  Their marketing department knows the price point to sell these guns so I hope manufacturing & shipping guys can keep up.

It also surprises me about the short window from announcement to proposed release date - unlike many letdowns from past teasers at SHOT.  This must be a kick in the gut to the guys at SIG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubt they'll be hurting. I bet there is a nice fat margin on the braces, and already the fact that there is an adapter for it is telling. I bet a good number of these buyers get a brace too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sold.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LOL at all of you who got wet in your panties thinking the Evo 3 was going to sell for $800

The MSRP isn't $870...it's actually $1,870

"MSRP will be $1,870 and will be released as a pistol without the stock."
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/11/21/cz-scorpion-evo3-2015-import/
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Will there be an official announcement on the 805 Bren anytime soon?  It sounded like the Scorpion and Bren were going to be released at the same time, so I would've assumed they would have said something about the Bren today as well.

I was hoping the Scorpion would be sold in the US, and now that it will be, I find myself wanting the Bren instead (at least first anyway).
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Is CZ going to import the Evo stocks or do we need to wait for a third party to make one?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Any email back yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I just sent Vito an email. Also asked about potential availability of the OEM folding stock and how many mags it comes with (as well as capacity).
They might not even know that yet, since they haven't been received for distribution. We might not know until next year. Irregardless, I'm in on this one!

Any email back yet?

Never got a reply from Vito, besides the $995 seems to be a "premium" price. I'm ordering through my LGS instead.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#18]
The BREN takes a proprietary magazine, right?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is CZ going to import the Evo stocks or do we need to wait for a third party to make one?
View Quote

Don't laugh, but I was wondering how good the AGS Airsoft version is. The gun is licensed by CZ and looks to function and
attach identical to the OEM stock. Maybe not a permanent solution, but might work for range time????
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

The versions they have shown have the adapter to take standard AR style mags.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can switch the magwell out to take AR mags. They do have their own mag though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

I couldn't believe it myself, but it's there in black and white.

Those prices are just MSRP, too. CZ has a big winner here, I think...

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those mags cost just under $13 here in CZ.... 20 should be the max.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#24]
CZ just made me a fanboy.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. This is not a new gun

2. The euro cz website has 30rd mags listed for like 8 euros.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

1. This is not a new gun

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. This is not a new gun

But yes, it most certainly is a kick in the gut for Sig. Perfect timing for CZ.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Found a review of one already:

http://youtu.be/8XAYsYwZGxI

With a SIG brace... yeah. I think I'd be down for one of those!
View Quote

Give me a stock adapter and I'll Form 1 that bitch.

I may need to adjust some gun-related purchases for this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Another thing it's going to do is open the market up for their handguns.  They make wonderful handguns, but a lot of people have no idea that they even exist since they're not 1911s, Glocks or Hi Points.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. This is not a new gun

I was all in for an MPX. Now I will definitely be getting a Scorpion Evo
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#31]
When will they been available?

Maybe I missed it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When will they been available?

Maybe I missed it.
View Quote

Word is late Jan. 2015.
I don't see why it would be later, since as others have said, it's not a "new" gun. They've been selling the S1 overseas for a while now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, I was gonna buy a frankenstein 9mm AR on Friday, for around 1000$.

Fuck that now. I'll just buy this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone know if you can change the grip on these? They look awesome but that grip angle is
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if you can change the grip on these? They look awesome but that grip angle is
View Quote

Yeah, I wish more gun manufactures would design their guns with AR style grips for the modularity.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

The video I saw on it shows the grip as replaceable. It was held in by a single cross pin.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Do want .  

I just got an adapter for my vz 61 scorpion pistol in .32 auto so I can SBR it.  I think it needs a brother
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Do want .  

I just got an adapter for my vz 61 scorpion pistol in .32 auto so I can SBR it.  I think it needs a brother
View Quote

Those are full of want for me too.

Mainly because I already have some .32 pistols, so fuck it....might as well justify a need for ammo with a vz 61 too.  Wish they were still bringing them into the country.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know about the angle, but the grip can slide forward and backwards for people with long pencil fingers or stubby stubs. Kinda cool.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#40]
That's good news, thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Do want .  

View Quote

I have one of those!

It's awesome.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 for factory stock
+1million for it being easily installed by the end user once legally approved

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, I wish more gun manufactures would design their guns with AR style grips for the modularity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd bet that there will be an adapter on the market shortly after this thing is released.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#44]
So fucking in.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#45]
as of now, all other builds are going on hold.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#46]
849 msrp can't be real . 849 euro's maybe. If these are hitting the street for 700 bucks I'm so in.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
as of now, all other builds are going on hold.
View Quote

Besides the AK I'm buying in the next week or so. The EVO is looking to be my next gun purchase as well.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
849 msrp can't be real . 849 euro's maybe. If these are hitting the street for 700 bucks I'm so in.
View Quote

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol/

I can't believe it either.

I may end up with a few of these.

"I mean look at this thing. It's like a disgruntled former H&K employee walked into a CZ board meeting with an MP-5 and said "No one's leaving until you build me an MP-5 killer."
"Here's the kicker. The 30-round magazines are going for below 20-dollars each. That's nuts. Especially considering the student load prices magazines are going for these days."

ETA: Picture with Sig Brace and adapter.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I sure hope so.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top