A blog says "supposedly" $1870.
The actual distributor says $849.
Hrmmm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL at all of you who got wet in your panties thinking the Evo 3 was going to sell for $800

The MSRP isn't $870...it's actually $1,870

"MSRP will be $1,870 and will be released as a pistol without the stock."
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/11/21/cz-scorpion-evo3-2015-import/

Hrmmm

TFB is a joke now anyway.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL at all of you who got wet in your panties thinking the Evo 3 was going to sell for $800

Hrmmm

+1

The derp has been strong with them for awhile.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've been through all that with the ATF since I have an 07 FFL with the originally intended purpose of refinishing. They had interesting things to say about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since ATF determined that finishing(colorizing or heat treating) a firearm requires a license, couldn't getting the parts recoated make the part become domestic?

I like the cut of your jib. Unfortunately, ATF probably won't.

I've been through all that with the ATF since I have an 07 FFL with the originally intended purpose of refinishing. They had interesting things to say about it.

Thought you might be able to weigh in on it a bit more.

ATF has a tendency to back themselves into corners with all of their bullshit, so accidentally creating a 922r loophole via refinishing wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I would buy a BREN in 7.62x39 if stocks become available. That would make a cool SBR.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ATF has a tendency to back themselves into corners with all of their bullshit, so accidentally creating a 922r loophole via refinishing wouldn't surprise me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since ATF determined that finishing(colorizing or heat treating) a firearm requires a license, couldn't getting the parts recoated make the part become domestic?

I like the cut of your jib. Unfortunately, ATF probably won't.

From what my IOI said, this is almost verbatim:

"If someone brings you a gun and you cerakote it, that's gunsmithing, no 07 required, just an 01. If you take in a used gun on trade or buy it, and you refinish it without it leaving your bound book, that's manufacturing, 07 required.  If another dealer sends you one they took in on trade, or just a store stock gun, and you refinish it, it's gunsmithing."

Basically, he clarified that if I own a gun and do a manufacturing process on it, I've manufactured it.

Here's where it get's a bit complicated on the subject of tooling mark examiners. When I Cerakote a gun part, I destroy visible tooling marks all the time. I'm not talking about covering them, I blast each part with Aluminum Oxide and tooling marks go away. On a very tiny level, I even reshape some parts.  (example, Barrels fluted by wilson combat will slice you open, I can dull those edges with AO blasting)  

Then, since Cerakote, Case Hardening, Nitriding, etc etc etc, have properties other than asthetics, they can actually affect function and/or properties of the base material, you've done more than change aesthetics.

Granted, I don't have any of this in writing, but according to what my IOI told me, if I was to buy Scorpions and microslick parts of it, I've manufactured that firearm and it has to go in my manufacturing log.  

I have no idea how that translate to 922 compliance etc, but I suspect the ATF would not want to give an opinion on it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"If someone brings you a gun and you cerakote it, that's gunsmithing, no 07 required, just an 01. If you take in a used gun on trade or buy it, and you refinish it without it leaving your bound book, that's manufacturing, 07 required.  If another dealer sends you one they took in on trade, or just a store stock gun, and you refinish it, it's gunsmithing."

Basically, he clarified that if I own a gun and do a manufacturing process on it, I've manufactured it.

Here's where it get's a bit complicated on the subject of tooling mark examiners. When I Cerakote a gun part, I destroy visible tooling marks all the time. I'm not talking about covering them, I blast each part with Aluminum Oxide and tooling marks go away. On a very tiny level, I even reshape some parts.  (example, Barrels fluted by wilson combat will slice you open, I can dull those edges with AO blasting)  

Then, since Cerakote, Case Hardening, Nitriding, etc etc etc, have properties other than asthetics, they can actually affect function and/or properties of the base material, you've done more than change aesthetics.

Granted, I don't have any of this in writing, but according to what my IOI told me, if I was to buy Scorpions and microslick parts of it, I've manufactured that firearm and it has to go in my manufacturing log.  

I have no idea how that translate to 922 compliance etc, but I suspect the ATF would not want to give an opinion on it.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. That's about what I was thinking. You're destroying the tooling marks by refinishing it, and you're having to add it to your manufacturing log, there really isn't much apparently stopping you from stamping "US" on the side of it and making it a compliant part via refinishing it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. That's about what I was thinking. You're destroying the tooling marks by refinishing it, and you're having to add it to your manufacturing log, there really isn't much apparently stopping you from stamping "US" on the side of it and making it a compliant part via refinishing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know that it's kosher to do that. The ATF has something in common with every law enforcement agency I've ever dealt with. They don't want to give clear answers on legal/illegal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw $2195 for the Bren and <$1000 for the Evo. Both will reportedly accept a Sig Brace.

From FB:

CZ ARE COMING !!!!
THE CZ ARE COMING !!!
Yes you read that right CZ is finally realeasing pistol variants of the 805-Bren and the Scorpion Evo3 for the civilian market.

These beauties will be compatable with the SB-15 Sig brace. It is unknown if CZ will be releasing rifle variants of these long awaited firearms. The pistols should be released around the end of January 2015.

We will be taking Pre-sales beginning today !!! Please contact the shop for more info.

[email protected]
(954) 545-1321 Ext 6.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/184246458269973/

Nice.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10688481_900840796600606_3948187418647792483_o.png

My god that is sexy

What caliber ?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw $2195 for the Bren and <$1000 for the Evo. Both will reportedly accept a Sig Brace.

From FB:

CZ ARE COMING !!!!
THE CZ ARE COMING !!!
Yes you read that right CZ is finally realeasing pistol variants of the 805-Bren and the Scorpion Evo3 for the civilian market.

These beauties will be compatable with the SB-15 Sig brace. It is unknown if CZ will be releasing rifle variants of these long awaited firearms. The pistols should be released around the end of January 2015.

We will be taking Pre-sales beginning today !!! Please contact the shop for more info.

[email protected]
(954) 545-1321 Ext 6.

Nice.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10688481_900840796600606_3948187418647792483_o.png

That looks like something a bunch of drunk HiPoint employees threw together.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Ost

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Having owned a semi Uzi, the excitement of a nonFA Pistol caliber submachinegun wears off quickly when you realize it's not much better than a regular pistol, except bigger/heavier. They look great, but without the fun switch, they lose a lot of caché. IMHO.

Too each his own....I prefer a "pistol" in a rifle caliber if I'm going to spend the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This looks awesome but...

It's CZ so it'll come in tiny numbers relative to demand...

The small number will turn it into another KSG where for a couple of years a 1k gun will be 2k plus...

Never understood why there aren't more pistol caliber carbines on the market that don't look like smashed assholes and cost over 2k. Outside of the Hipoint and the Keltecs, there really isn't much of anything other than leverguns and AR pistol caliber guns until you get to MP5 clone territory.

Having owned a semi Uzi, the excitement of a nonFA Pistol caliber submachinegun wears off quickly when you realize it's not much better than a regular pistol, except bigger/heavier. They look great, but without the fun switch, they lose a lot of caché. IMHO.

Too each his own....I prefer a "pistol" in a rifle caliber if I'm going to spend the money.

I had chance to shoot semi-auto UZI and Scorpion side by side - UZI just sucks and i didnt even bother to shoot through the whole mag. EVO3 on the other hand with army of poppers and plates facing you means you will get broke on ammo. Its just so much fun. And first generation škorpion is fun too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#12]
[slight hijack]

Bohem,

What are the gun laws like in Czech Republic?
Can you guys own the select fire version? Just curious.

[/slight hijack]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[slight hijack]

Bohem,

[/slight hijack]
View Quote

+1 would like to know as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[slight hijack]

Bohem,

[/slight hijack]
View Quote

Wikipedia summs it pretty well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_Czech_Republic

In short: Registration, licencing, shall-issue ccw, no gaps in gun categorization (firearm is either long or short, no SBR nonsence), guns legal in schools.
Interestingly, semi-auto Scorpion Evo 3 is "selfloading pistol" while semi auto UZI or Sa26 (7,62x25mm) are "selfloading rifle".
Full-autos are "may-issue" for collecting purposes only, not unobtainable, but its quite hard to argument with police why you need a machinegun...

When my friend got his Scorpion, he brought it to shooting range on one-point sling, loaded (and concealed in a plastic bag) through half of Prague using public transport without breaking single law.

Its not bad, but could be better. (silencers, full-autos, etc..)
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
A photographer buddy of mine lived in Prague for awhile. He loved it. But I'm married
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Would love to own a Bren!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#17]
That is some really freaking cool news.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe you should read the thread and see where distributors are listing the price at or below $1k and people have already ordered them at that price, before you get your panties all wet with excitement over your misplaced condescension.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Count me in!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My god that is sexy

What caliber ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From FB:

CZ ARE COMING !!!!
THE CZ ARE COMING !!!

[email protected]
(954) 545-1321 Ext 6.

Nice.

My god that is sexy

What caliber ?

.88 Magnum
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Found a review of one already:

With a SIG brace... yeah. I think I'd be down for one of those!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/8XAYsYwZGxI

View Quote

You and me both!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You and me both!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both!

He shows it with the brace... and mentions the 30 rounders are under $20.  

I think this bad boy is primed to eat the MPX;s lunch.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#24]
If true, great news the 30 rounders will be available. The factory stock is a must have though. I have no interest in the ugly ass Sig brace.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#25]
well, that made up my mind. $849 MSRP and $20 mags. even with adapter and sig brace it should be alot less than the MPX
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#26]
ill hold off on sbr'ing my uzi...i may have to sell it to fund this
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both!

Yup.  That's awesome news.

So...where are people pre-ordering them right now?

Or are they not really available yet?

I'm all over the Sig brace.  It may look a little funky, but as far as functionality goes, it's the tits!!

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think that if you actually get to the point that they're looking at your parts, they'll be able to bust you.

I also think that if you actually get to the point that they're looking at your parts, you have bigger problems than 922(r).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

plus once these come out and people make aftermarket parts how can you tell if generic part A is American or imported.

There are these guys called "firearm and toolmark examiners" who are pretty good at that. ATF employs a bunch of them.

I think that if you actually get to the point that they're looking at your parts, they'll be able to bust you.

I also think that if you actually get to the point that they're looking at your parts, you have bigger problems than 922(r).

I would say you have annoyed someone greatly if they are down to trying to get you with 922(r). Drew Peterson comes to mind with his SBR.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's an awesome review.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Fucking shit!

I want both of them!

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone have a link to where I can preorder one?  I want one NAO.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Holy shit where can I sign up for a preorder? This gun has me more excited than just about any new firearm to the US market in a long time...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I woke up without a hard on today. Then I grabbed by phone and saw this video.
Achievement Unlocked!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Must have.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

Some retailers have Sig MPX mags listed for $55 on up. Still out of stock of course, but my local basement FFL was saying that's about right for what his distributor has told him on MPX mag pricing. He's got the MPX itself coming in at the low to mid teens range.

Yeah, looks like I'm canceling my Sig order and putting in for the CZ.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both!

Yup

I wanted an MPX now I will seriously consider this CZ.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I want to see the insides
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that Colion Noir?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is that Colion Noir?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that Colion Noir?

Yes
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Under $1000, mags under $20, and there's an adapter for the Sig Brace?!?  

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ByigNHoNeg
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If true, great news the 30 rounders will be available. The factory stock is a must have though. I have no interest in the ugly ass Sig brace.
View Quote

Sig brace isn't that bad, but for factory stock it's an SBR then.  Big difference.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/200/acb.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/200/acb.jpg
Yep.  Just in time for me to buy a Octane 9

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Maybe you should read the thread and see where distributors are listing the price at or below $1k and people have already ordered them at that price, before you get your panties all wet with excitement over your misplaced condescension.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And now official!

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol/

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now official!
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol/

I don't know, is that site legit?  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Ok I've seen onlythebestfirearms.com mentioned as taking pre-orders so I contacted them about it. They are charging $995 for the Scorpion and $2195 for the Bren and want a $500 deposit via check that they won't cash until it ships. They expect them to ship around the end of January. I will be going elsewhere for mine but I thought it was worth passing on.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ByigNHoNeg

Great thanks. That looks fucking sweet!

MRSP of $850+ sig brace = pure win. I'm in!

I have been looking for a 9mm carbine and I think this is it.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top