Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/13/2014 8:01:33 PM EDT
Just off the plane, first time to Mexico.
Unarmed, going out to look for a steak, and beverages.

Forgot to pack rape whistle... how should i prepare my angus?

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry about it.  You won't be conscious when it happens.  However, walking may be a little difficult for a while.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Erm, I don't know how to tell you this, but Rape isn't really the issue down there.  

Sorry you wasted your money.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Your Liver and Kidneys are worth more than your Angus.  Have fun good luck!
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Just be careful leaving the resort after dark.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Stay in the main tourist areas and you'll be fine.

I'd be more concerned with the water than the steak.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Getting drunk off resort .... or on it.... is your greatest risk.   Plus sunburn.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Watch your ass down there buddy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just there in April. It's an awesome place for sure. We stayed at the Hard Rock Cancun and everyone inside and outside of the resort was extremely friendly. Enjoy youself, no rape whistle will be needed

It's the sun you have to watch out for. I got FRIED the first day there on the beach

Us on the beach.
" />
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Getting drunk off resort .... or on it.... is your greatest risk.   Plus sunburn.
View Quote

This is the correct answer, they will provide free drinks and remove your wallet and wife.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#11]
The only place that felt even remotely sketchy was the flea market down past the resorts, malls, and clubs. There were some sketchy looking dudes in there that caused me to hold the fiancee a little tighter.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#12]
We have found Stoli, Corona, and Quesadilla.
About an hour past dark, we are pale whit gringoes, wandering around drinking.

What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
DO NOT DRINK THE WATER. OR HAVE ICE IN A BEVERAGE. BEER IS SAFEST BEVERAGE. TRUE STORY.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Oops.
Fucked up already.

Is ice safe if it is rinsed in STOLI ?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#15]
fart rape!
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Corona tastes better here.
I wonder if they have a better grade saved for.domestic consumption ?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just be careful leaving the resort after dark.
View Quote

Yeah, you might get drunk and overpay for a pizza off the back of a scooter.

I wouldn't be too worried if you stay on the hotel strip area.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Water (at least at the hotels) is fine. I've been to a bunch of different parts of Mexico, and the hotel strip in Cancun is the one place I DIDN'T get the shits.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Rape maracas work better. Cartels will think your're a homo and leave you alone.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck that , head downtown to pirrocos restaurant  the best. Check out shampoo lounge, but don't bring your girl.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Two words;

Mexican Prisons

Ed
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was just there in April. It's an awesome place for sure. We stayed at the Hard Rock Cancun and everyone inside and outside of the resort was extremely friendly. Enjoy youself, no rape whistle will be needed

It's the sun you have to watch out for. I got FRIED the first day there on the beach

Us on the beach.
http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc8b0a7f0.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Beautiful family.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Dirty water is the biggest fear there. I was down in PdC in Aug, completely safe but I wouldn't venture out of the resort after dark personally, really no reason. I've been in far sketcher places both inside and outside of Mexico. Use your common sense and stick to the tourist areas and you'll be fine; goes without saying to avoid any illegal activity while there.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oops.Fucked up already.
Is ice safe if it is rinsed in STOLI ?
View Quote

My understanding is that ice is made from purified water.  This thread will bring out a horde of people who have either never been in the area or whose trip to Juarez 20 years ago is the basis for assessing all areas of Mexico.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:18:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Cancun? I'd bring a whistle.

And tequila.

And "show me your tits" beads.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Took ferry to Isle Mujeres, white sand beach. Excellent seafood.
Everybody is friendly, easygoing, and patient with the Gringoes butchering the spanish

Language.

So far, Mexico is totally unlike a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Have not yet seen an M16, nor a federale.

Not many local police, have seen a few without sidearms. Everybody  pretty mellow around here.

Even tbe cabdrivers are strangely SANE.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#27]
good luck Amigo
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Off isla Mujeres, day in Playa del Carmen, then 3 days scooter riding around Cozumel island. Different hotel every night, great seafood everywhere.
Lots of night time strolling around town, everybody is mellow, no hassles.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Guard those organs man.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Off isla Mujeres, day in Playa del Carmen, then 3 days scooter riding around Cozumel island. Different hotel every night, great seafood everywhere. Lots of night time strolling around town, everybody is mellow, no hassles.
View Quote

You can haggle prices at the playa shops.  Never pay sticker price!

Pay with untorn US bills.  The local banks rip off the locals if a bill is torn or missing a corner.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Off isla Mujeres, day in Playa del Carmen, then 3 days scooter riding around Cozumel island. Different hotel every night, great seafood everywhere. Lots of night time strolling around town, everybody is mellow, no hassles.
View Quote

Please do not rent scooters.  Too many people are injured or killed on them.

Rent a car from Isis.  One street inland from the main drag.  Northeast corner of square by the 7-11.

Head north about 2-3 blocks.  It is a small office on the right (east side of road) near Zermatts bakery.

http://www.islacozumel.net/services/isis/

Only buy ONE WAY ferry tickets going to/from Cozumel.

Useful pictures here

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

The ferry pier complex at Playa del Carmen has been rebuilt.  Could you take some pictures looking both directions like I have in the link above?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Rent a car from Isis.  One street inland from the main drag.  Northeast corner of square by the 7-11.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they have technicals there with bed mounted .50s?

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at Isis rental car company (which predates the scum in Iraq).  The navy may have something similar.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Took ferry to Isle Mujeres, white sand beach. Excellent seafood. Everybody is friendly, easygoing, and patient with the Gringoes butchering the spanish
Language.
Not many local police, have seen a few without sidearms. Everybody  pretty mellow around here.
View Quote

Strange, in Cozumel, there were police/military everywhere. Trucks with 5-8 people in the bed armed with what ever firearms they could find would drive by constantly. M16s, Mp5s, AKs, FALs, no one had matching weapons.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#35]
lube it up to facilitate the activities?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Strange, in Cozumel, there were police/military everywhere. Trucks with 5-8 people in the bed armed with what ever firearms they could find would drive by constantly. M16s, Mp5s, AKs, FALs, no one had matching weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Took ferry to Isle Mujeres, white sand beach. Excellent seafood. Everybody is friendly, easygoing, and patient with the Gringoes butchering the spanish

Language.

Last time I was in Cozumel I saw lots of G3s and M16s
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Been living in Merida for 9 years, 3 hours from Cancun if you stay in the Hotel Zone you will be fine.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
This.  Was there in April and have been two times before.  You will be fine.....

Maybe...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Took ferry to Isle Mujeres, white sand beach. Excellent seafood.
Everybody is friendly, easygoing, and patient with the Gringoes butchering the spanish
View Quote

Language.

Stay in the touristy areas and you're fine.  Getting off the beaten path is what gets people in trouble.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Everyone drinks bottled water.  Well water is too high in heavy metals to be consumed.  

Steak?  Eat shrimp or fish.  Save the steak for when you get back to the US.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Language.

Cozumel is home to the presidential retreat and is kept very crime free.  It is just north of the road to the airport on the main drag. We always see soldiers carrying weapons.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just off the plane, first time to Mexico.Unarmed, going out to look for a steak, and beverages.

Forgot to pack rape whistle... how should i prepare my angus?

View Quote

It is your head.. or soon to be lack of one attached to your body that I would be more worried about op
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#43]
BTW, the tourist areas are generally kept safe.  Don't want to scare away the tourist dollars.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#44]
did you go to the turtle sanctuary?  we just got back yesterday.  we went to the island on Tuesday.  My wife loves turtles. we got to hold hatchlings right out of the sand when we were there
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#45]
If you want sketchy in Mexico take a drive over to La Ticla in Michaucan. Or any place between Ixtapa and La Placita. On second thought that would be one hell of a long and dangerous drive. Nevermind.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Was there almost a year ago.  Knocked wife up.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Forgot to add:
Plenty of very alert, dialed in pointy-stick types on Cozumel.

Federal police, usually 4 per pickup truck. Two in cab, and two in back, very attentive,

With M16a2, always scanning, and facing opposite.

No hassles, the police completely ignored gringoes doing stupid shit on motor scooters.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#48]
just scream like a woman.
you'll be fine.
raped, but fine.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a pic from about 4 years ago where 2 guys from our group jumped into the F150 with the rails in the bed outside of the Irish place on the main Cancun drag.   No hassle, etc.   It was my first time and I paid attention to where the M16's were.   Coming back to the states and going through customs, I made a comment about their Beretta's and they were more testy.

"Why would you bring that up?"

Same thing when I visited Wisconsin and ended up in Illinois on a boat trip and asked about their Glocks.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Corona tastes better here.
I wonder if they have a better grade saved for.domestic consumption ?
View Quote

Probably skunked by the time it makes it to AK.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top