Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Could you fill it with Tannerite and launch it onto concrete?
Nope...  
Yeah, something tells me that it would turn the barrel/tube into a babnana peel.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:44:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know if it's rated for magnums?

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

63.5mm

You can buy the M79 furniture from SARCO but all the mechanical parts would have to be custom fabricated. Which is probably cheaper than a $4K M79 parts kit or a $8k M79 DD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they made this thing look like an M79, I'd be all over it like stink on shit.

Fuck yes

63.5mm

You can buy the M79 furniture from SARCO but all the mechanical parts would have to be custom fabricated. Which is probably cheaper than a $4K M79 parts kit or a $8k M79 DD.

Not including the time involved in searching for parts.  

I took me more than a year tracking down everything and putting it all together, barrels are stupid expensive and rare.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:49:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sitting here pondering this and I realized that not only could you make a blooper like this, but you could do fake M72s or mortars.

I think I might actually buy one of these things...
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:03:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
It would either never reach the activation energy required or detonate on firing. So the options are waste of money that does nothing or pipe bomb exploding in your face.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:26:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I bet these go a lot faster and further.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:04:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I bet these go a lot faster and further.

View Quote

I bet that "barrel" on a 6.8 spc wax round full of a lot of slow burning powder would be epic.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:24:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Would be pretty easy to make some simple roll your own smoke markers.
A potassium nitrate/sugar mix in a pop can weighs 13.5 ounces.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Once loaded will the can fall out if you point it down, or does it have some mechanism to keep it in there?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Once loaded will the can fall out if you point it down, or does it have some mechanism to keep it in there?
View Quote
I'm sure it would fall out.  I bet putting a little thin ring of grease on the can, stuffing it down on an open bolt, then closing the chamber would let it pull a slight vacuum that would keep it in better, but other then maybe doing a paper patch to hold it in with friction not much you can do to keep it in there well, and not sure how much it would spike the pressure at that point.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm sitting here pondering this and I realized that not only could you make a blooper like this, but you could do fake M72s or mortars.

View Quote

I think I might actually buy one of these things...
Kinda what I was getting at with the tennis balls.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm sure it would fall out.  I bet putting a little thin ring of grease on the can, stuffing it down on an open bolt, then closing the chamber would let it pull a slight vacuum that would keep it in better, but other then maybe doing a paper patch to hold it in with friction not much you can do to keep it in there well, and not sure how much it would spike the pressure at that point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be able to use a rubber band/o ring/string around the can to keep it from sliding easy enough just below the top.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Should be able to use a rubber band/o ring/string around the can to keep it from sliding easy enough just below the top.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just thinking about a rubber band. The grease isn't a bad idea, either.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually had a dream about this last night.

I was thinking something like the RPG shotgun mixed with this would be a hot seller.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was thinking something like the RPG shotgun mixed with this would be a hot seller.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x368/_ak_74_/rpg7/09/IMG_7319_zps96c1b93b.jpg~original

View Quote

Wait...

RPG shotgun???

What did I miss?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wait...

RPG shotgun???

What did I miss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x368/_ak_74_/rpg7/09/IMG_7319_zps96c1b93b.jpg~original

Wait...

RPG shotgun???

What did I miss?
Probably one of the coolest DIY builds of all time.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

You could just build a soda can tube and swap out all the furniture etc and make a dedicated soda can launcher. Would look exactly like an RPG-7.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait...

RPG shotgun???

What did I miss?

yep that is bad ass

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah, something tells me that it would turn the barrel/tube into a babnana peel.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope...  

Wouldn't you have the opposite problem?  Tannerite requires a high velocity impact to set it off, which is why you can't set it off with most handgun or shotgun rounds.  All a tannerite-filled can would do is burst open and disperse the tannerite over a small area.  

I recall a series of pictures that were floating around a few years ago showing the aftermath of firing a homemade round full of flash powder out of a M203 , don't remember if it was 37mm or 40mm.  The guy lost his hand and the 203 barrel was completely destroyed, the AR barrel was bent upwards by the blast.  Making stuff that blows up is easy.  Making stuff that can blow up but doesn't until you want it to, at which point it blows up in a reliable, predictable fashion is very difficult.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It could be a single shot breakaction 5.56 and muzzle loaded cans.

I see a handi-rifle, drill press, and a welder in your future...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

For me it wouldn't have to be a dead ringer copy. Just a close representation of a blooper.

It could be a single shot breakaction 5.56 and muzzle loaded cans.

I see a handi-rifle, drill press, and a welder in your future...

Fuck.  Yes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Waiting for the mini-keg version
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I would poop in it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I would poop in it.

View Quote
Nice.

Biological warfare device...
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I would poop in it.

View Quote
sperm cannon?

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I am now on a quest to make a faux-blooper to go with my bump saw and AR pistol on the halfass NFA workaround.

I am trying to decided if I want to make a wooden M79 style stock or make some of the ugly cali-compliant stuff work on it.

When I am done it's going to be awesome... at least to me.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#26]
This is a really rough sketch idea. The M79 is already ugly, so keep that in mind...

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

This is a really rough sketch idea. The M79 is already ugly, so keep that in mind...

View Quote

what if you used one of these....might make it a little..."easier"

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I might need this.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what if you used one of these....might make it a little..."easier"

http://www.aresdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/WesiteHeaderProduct_Ares-SCR.jpg

Haha! I just took a ration of shit in a thread about those when I asked where the buffer goes. That's worth looking into though.

I wonder if the stock can be turned somehow? The idea of the backwards geometry is to get the muzzle pitch angle up high enough to site it in. It's ugly, but makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

looks easy, just grab one of those funky California legal stocks and a low profile magazine. The hard part would be finding a sight and mounting it, with luck someone already makes a rail mounted version.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
looks easy, just grab one of those funky California legal stocks and a low profile magazine. The hard part would be finding a sight and mounting it, with luck someone already makes a rail mounted version.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This kind of stuff is easy to find if you can gut down that it's airsoft crap...

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Madcap's idea was to get an ACE stock and flip the stock 180°

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Fill a can with tannerite, launch it,  and shoot with a mini gun.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
$399 is out of my price range for a limited use range toy. $199 using an upper and BCG already on hand was within my range toy tolerance.

Yea at $399 too pricy for me so I'm out too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got a reply to my e-mail, they are NOT selling the barrels and shrouds, only complete uppers.
$399 is out of my price range for a limited use range toy. $199 using an upper and BCG already on hand was within my range toy tolerance.

Yea at $399 too pricy for me so I'm out too.

same here not goint to drop $399 that will get used just a few times.

They need to make a $200 option
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am now on a quest to make a faux-blooper to go with my bump saw and AR pistol on the halfass NFA workaround.

I am trying to decided if I want to make a wooden M79 style stock or make some of the ugly cali-compliant stuff work on it.

View Quote

My idea is to use one of the AR wooden stocks on mine, And possibly fit a M79 forend under the barrel in front of the pivot pin. I have some ideas of how to copy the m79 front sight as well.

And as i said, empty cans full of Blue line marking chalk, would make cheap practice "grenades"

X Products told me on their facebook page, they are trying to find a way to get their tube to index so that the warning is at the correct orientation on the side of the tube on the DIY Kits before they release them. Its a Ruger Billboard esque warning.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#37]

I bet if a goddam Hobo gets one in the ass, he won't be trespassing no mor..............

I want one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait...

RPG shotgun???

What did I miss?

yep that is bad ass

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Mythbusters  made can cannon

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Finally a use for the Cali AR stocks:

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Only draw back I see on the cali stock is it doesn't get the heel above the top of the tube, as the M-79 stock does.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Only draw back I see on the cali stock is it doesn't get the heel above the top of the tube, as the M-79 stock does.
View Quote

Nothing a little kydex or rubber innertube couldn't fix.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Fill a can with tannerite, launch it,  and shoot with a mini gun.
View Quote
Sorta like an extreme form of skeet shooting?

PULL!!!

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My idea is to use one of the AR wooden stocks on mine, And possibly fit a M79 forend under the barrel in front of the pivot pin. I have some ideas of how to copy the m79 front sight as well.

And as i said, empty cans full of Blue line marking chalk, would make cheap practice "grenades"

X Products told me on their facebook page, they are trying to find a way to get their tube to index so that the warning is at the correct orientation on the side of the tube on the DIY Kits before they release them. Its a Ruger Billboard esque warning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rear sight is the ranging ladder.

The front sight of the M79 look like this, sight on the right.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
this  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got enough spare parts laying around for this.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/image/sort%20of%20want/grand/sort_of_want_3.jpg
this  

friggin awesome
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:08:36 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I like this idea.  

If I wasn't putting on my CAV I would do this.

Once these start to drop, post your project up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:36:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You realize there are two types of ounces, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how far it would launch a can full of concrete?

I'd say 12 oz is 12 oz.

You realize there are two types of ounces, right?

Avoirdupois or Apothecary?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Straight from the good folks at X-Products:

"We are doing our first shipments this week.  Just so you know we have made the determination that we are selling the Assembled uppers only not the barrel/sleeve combination.  We are offering them in Black, FDE and OD Green. Colors are a $20 up charge.  Black is $399."

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#49]
They need a tennis ball sized tube too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Straight from the good folks at X-Products:

"We are doing our first shipments this week.  Just so you know we have made the determination that we are selling the Assembled uppers only not the barrel/sleeve combination.  We are offering them in Black, FDE and OD Green. Colors are a $20 up charge.  Black is $399."

http://i.imgur.com/i4SNvwa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BOJJ1oH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RqBe9BZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jAgf9A2.jpg
View Quote

does the upper come with a bcg or is that a $200 assembled upper?
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top