and an update:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

and an update:

Your order blah blah blah has been closed

Dear NUCdt04,

Your Order No:blahblahblah  has been closed because the supplier did not provide necessary evidence. The payment will be refunded to you within 7-10 working days.

AliExpress strives to continuously improve our trading environment. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,

AliExpress Trade  Security Department

I got the same thing no fo for me

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Add me to that list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I put a $9 one from aliexpress in my cart and left it there this afternoon. I just got notification that the seller is suspended for fraud. Glad I didn't check out!!!

same message for me. They advised I would get a refund on the 3 I ordered if the seller didn't show proof of shipment.

yep probably the same seller that fucked me

Add me to that list.

Me too
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I havent gotten anything since my email saying they were investigating.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You'll need an impermeable layer underneath to protect you from the arsenic, lead, and carcinogens in the fabric.
View Quote

Right, because none of the other clothes you own are made in China.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'll need an impermeable layer underneath to protect you from the arsenic, lead, and carcinogens in the fabric.

It DOES kinda smell like a DOW Chemical plant when you open the bag.

I wore the first one a little and decided it's like wearing a wetsuit. I'll probably just relegate them to country work duty. Too sweaty otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my cancelled message
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and an update:

Your order blah blah blah has been closed

Dear NUCdt04,
Your Order No:blahblahblah  has been closed because the supplier did not provide necessary evidence. The payment will be refunded to you within 7-10 working days.
AliExpress strives to continuously improve our trading environment. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,
AliExpress Trade  Security Department

Same...Would be cool if he ended up being legit and It gets shipped out. Still want it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone that ordered from the most recent ebay link received a tracking number?  It's early yet, but a tracking number would be nice.  

Seller is "esexyworld".  Still active, and all his feedback is good.
Ordered 12/9.  Shipped 12/12 via "epacket from China", but no tracking number.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Has anyone that ordered from the most recent ebay link received a tracking number?  It's early yet, but a tracking number would be nice.  

View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Just ordered a XXL in gray. $9.99 +$19.99 shipping. ( I would normally wear XL.)

What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered XXL in CP. Saw some reviews about 6'1" 190 filtting the XL great. I'm 6'6" 230 so hopefully the XXL will fit well.

I'll report back when it arrives. Thanks for the heads up on this one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you ever get yours? I got shipping notification but no tracking number either. Ordered 12/17
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Did you ever get yours? I got shipping notification but no tracking number either. Ordered 12/17
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, nothing yet.  The order confirmation said to expect it between 12/19 and 1/3.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Re-posted from the other thread:

http://i58.tinypic.com/qrymhv.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/s2a41t.jpg

Quoted:

Quoted:

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By RolandBozzHow is yours?

Also interested, especially on the fit and sizes.

I'm 5'10 and 170lbs, and the medium fits me perfectly. The jacket I just got in fits just like the one I've had for a year or two. The stitching is well done, material is comfortable and free of any blemishes, and the water/wind resistance works as advertised. My older one is green, and the new one gray, and the colors look just like they're advertised.

I don't have a real TAD or Arc to compare it with unfortunately. Still, it feels and fits like a quality jacket. Definitely worth the money, and more, in my opinion.

Some Samsung Potato S4 pics:

http://i58.tinypic.com/qrymhv.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/s2a41t.jpg

I have to retract that. These newer ones are a bit smaller, the medium no longer fits me. Midriff fits fine but I can barely get it closed around my chest and the sleeves are too short.

A large ordered by a buddy of mine fits me perfectly though.

On the other hand, there's also a knock off of the Ranger hoodie (these jackets in this thread are more of a stealth knock off), and that's actually slightly oversized. Ridiculously warm too.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My wallet is laughing at you.  I'm not an arctic explorer, I don't need a $500 jacket.  For when I would wear this here in Ohio, I have no doubt I can stay warm layering this over a thermal shirt.  90% of the time I am outside in the winter I am working here on the farm and wearing bibs and a Carhartt.  The other times I am snowboarding and have a Spyder jacket for that that works fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My Arc'teryx jacket is laughing at you.

My wallet is laughing at you.  I'm not an arctic explorer, I don't need a $500 jacket.  For when I would wear this here in Ohio, I have no doubt I can stay warm layering this over a thermal shirt.  90% of the time I am outside in the winter I am working here on the farm and wearing bibs and a Carhartt.  The other times I am snowboarding and have a Spyder jacket for that that works fine.
I'm in Ohio too and my Arc'Teryx is also laughing at you and it was only $210  

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Tried to buy one off eBay paid for it and got the fake tracking # that never went anywhere seller wound up getting suspended and then banished from eBay.  Luckily enough I filed a claim and got my money back immediately. Think I will steer clear of the Chinese knock offs from now on.  Once bitten and all that...
View Quote
Fucking counterfeit drop shipping fuck heads like this are the reason its so fucking hard to run a business through eBay and the reason sellers have no rights or recorse there

Again the Chinese govt thanks all of you for its support of institutionalized theft and fraud

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ok so I picked up a Grey one and now I am wondering if we have a lunch meeting in Columbia will we all show up wearing the same jacket?

View Quote

nother SC guy here
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:01:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fucking counterfeit drop shipping fuck heads like this are the reason its so fucking hard to run a business through eBay and the reason sellers have no rights or recorse there    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tried to buy one off eBay paid for it and got the fake tracking # that never went anywhere seller wound up getting suspended and then banished from eBay.  Luckily enough I filed a claim and got my money back immediately. Think I will steer clear of the Chinese knock offs from now on.  Once bitten and all that...

Again the Chinese govt thanks all of you for its support of institutionalized theft and fraud

They also thank you for buying ipods, tablets, computers, and clothing.  What's the difference, really? The Chinese Govt still gets theres one way or the other.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:35:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They also thank you for buying ipods, tablets, computers, and clothing.  What's the difference, really? The Chinese Govt still gets theres one way or the other.

at least with brand name stuff you are getting known quantity ,

the people that actually invent the shit , put their blood , money ,labor , and  risk into it get their piece

Whatever the Chinese get is negotiated and considered in overall scheme of the cost of doing business

with everything else it is basically stolen property
The Chinese government actively allows this sort of shit with their
shifty trademark laws  and zero enforcement of about all other laws  

as Leupold found out

http://www.manufacturingnews.com/subscribers/users_orig.cgi?mfgnews_username=mbg&flag=read_article&id_title=1&id_article=3112&id_issue=191&id_sub=459&id_sl=
you should see the cocksuckers crawling all over SHOT shot trying to take detailed close up pics of items from 50 different angles or trying to sneak precise measurements of everything new

or even better you source your stuff there but go out of business in a couple years as the same factory is selling no name product out the back door dropped shipped via eBay for 20% of the cost of your brand name one
its fucking theft pure and simple

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything yet?  I still haven't received mine.  

Maybe this is justice, since we're clearly thieves
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ordered Dec 9

Shipping window is until Jan 3

Nothing yet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered mine early november and just got it 2 days ago.

I like it so far. I got a seem picker and pulled the velcro patches off the sleeves the first day. Im not a fan of those.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:30:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing yet, but my expected delivery is out till jan 10th

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Forget the ones on eBay. Seems the sellers on there are wanting to jack their prices thanks to the jump in sales.

I did some looking on AliExpress for some sellers of the soft shells that had decent feedback and came up with a couple.

Seller 1
Seller 2
Seller 3
Seller 4
Seller 5

All of them are under $40 shipped.

Instead of taking a chance on another no/low feedback seller I just decided to pick up a couple from Seller 3. Went with that seller as they had the lowest price, free shipping, and a small additional discount if you checked out through the AliExpress phone app or mobile website. I ordered a size up from what I normally wear based off the feedback of everyone who's received one saying it was on the snug side of the size they wore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
somebody post here when the shipping isn't a laughable $69.95

Quoted:
Shipping is now $69 SIXTY NINE

Forget the ones on eBay. Seems the sellers on there are wanting to jack their prices thanks to the jump in sales.

I did some looking on AliExpress for some sellers of the soft shells that had decent feedback and came up with a couple.

Seller 1
Seller 2
Seller 3
Seller 4
Seller 5

All of them are under $40 shipped.

Instead of taking a chance on another no/low feedback seller I just decided to pick up a couple from Seller 3. Went with that seller as they had the lowest price, free shipping, and a small additional discount if you checked out through the AliExpress phone app or mobile website. I ordered a size up from what I normally wear based off the feedback of everyone who's received one saying it was on the snug side of the size they wore.

Well, I got 2 of the 3 I ordered from Seller 3 above (they decided to ship them all separate ). I had ordered Multicam, gray, and green. Got the Multicam and gray.

Ordered December 13 and received 1 day short of 3 weeks later.

As I said, I ordered 3XL since I normally wear 2XL (quite comfortably) based on others saying they were on the snug side of their sizes but, these are nowhere near 2XL let alone 3XL. The ones I got were closer to a loose fit XL size. I verified this by having my brother who normally wears XL try them on and they fit him perfectly. I guess they get out of the size accuracy by saying "Below is Chinese size,not european or USA size !!! please Reference this size informations before buying ." The measurements they give for the sizes are mostly accurate though (says 3XL is 53" chest, mine measured 52"). If you're going to order one go off of the measurements, not the size reference.

For a little comparison with other outerwear I have, I have a ECWCS Level 3 fleece in size XL/Regular that fits snugly and a Carhartt Sandstone Ridge in 2XL that has more than enough room.

The materials and construction seem very good for the $36 I paid for them though. There are a few stray strings here or there. Mine didn't have any knockoff labels or tags. They just have a tag tethered to the zipper that says "Shark Skin Soft Shell".

All said, if you wear a US size XL or smaller, these are a great buy. If you're on the smaller size of US 2XL, they might work for you if you order a "3XL". Medium US 2XL could be hit or miss with the "3XL". Larger US 2XL or bigger, forget about it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, looks like I've been scammed by esexyworld on ebay.  I was supposed to receive the jacket by today - nothing.  He took down all his sales and switched his feedback to private.  No reply to my request for an update or tracking number.  The negative reviews are piling up by the day.  I'm opening a case as soon as ebay allows it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well, looks like I've been scammed by esexyworld on ebay.  I was supposed to receive the jacket by today - nothing.  He took down all his sales and switched his feedback to private.  No reply to my request for an update or tracking number.  The negative reviews are piling up by the day.  I'm opening a case as soon as ebay allows it.
View Quote

Damn, I have one ordered from him too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL I ordered one from him also last I checked the tracking # it looked legit. Just looked at his account and it fubar
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#28]
These jackets are GARBAGE and it's not worth the hassle.

They break, the material sucks, it sucks up stains, and the quality is absolute shit.

Do yourselves a favor and buy a Columbia Ascender or Ascender II jacket off ebay from a USA seller for ~$50 if you want a 'budget softshell'
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I gave mine away. Was too small and the fit was odd. It was made for very short people.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#30]
eBay just erased my transaction record on the mobile site? WTF?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:00:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
eBay just erased my transaction record on the mobile site? WTF?
View Quote

Ebay seems to be a bit screwy right now in general
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#32]
We'll see I guess

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#33]
I didn't even get a tracking number, won't let me request a refund either until after the estimated time for delivery is passed
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Hmm.... I just checked my ebay and the seller is still listed, and both my jackets are still in transit.

The fucker DID set his feedback to private- his last 8 feed backs were from the past month, and all negative. So he's very obviously doing some damage control there.

I'm not panicking yet. If shit goes sour in the next week, Well....
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a tan large, unopened, if anyone wants to buy it.    $25.00 shipped.

It's just a little too small for me.  I bought two.  I guess I'll keep the black one since I wore it once.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have a tan large, unopened, if anyone wants to buy it.    $25.00 shipped.

It's just a little too small for me.  I bought two.  I guess I'll keep the black one since I wore it once.
View Quote

I'll take it.  What was wrong with the fit?  What's your height / weight / build, if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Mine says none of that. Still N/A for all fields. Was supposed to be delivered by Jan 3
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Mine says none of that. Still N/A for all fields. Was supposed to be delivered by Jan 3
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same as mine.  I think he only shipped some of the orders.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the negatives must be pouring in when I ordered pretty sure he didnt have any
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent a message on Ebay, we will see what happens.

My guess is he didn't ship any of the $10 shipping orders.

UPDATE:

Message back from esexyworld

The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to solve this issue.
Seller's message:
"your item was send out , maybe the christmas come , it was delay ,we are sorry "

If you're satisfied with this solution, you can let the seller know by sending a message in the Resolution Center. If you don't want to accept this offer, we encourage you to send the seller a message with solution that you'd be happy with.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Interesting - he just replied to my message with a tracking number.  I was shocked to find that the number is invalid.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#42]

"your item was send out , maybe the christmas come , it was delay ,we are sorry "
View Quote

Well, that explains it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Updated my info

Got an invalid tracking number.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#44]
I got mine in just a few few days. It's great and fits perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well, that explains it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, that explains it.

That's how I envision my dog sounding if she could talk.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Interesting - he just replied to my message with a tracking number.  I was shocked to find that the number is invalid.  
View Quote

I got a tracking number too, does yours end in 6939CN?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#47]
7181CN here
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, 4505CN.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nope, 4505CN.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, 4505CN.  

Well I'll be damned - my tracking number just went active.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#50]
So which one of you got my large tan parka?

Says it was delivered 12/29, to fucking North Carolina.  I'm in PA.

How the Christ do I file a claim?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top