BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Got all excited to buy one then saw they changed the shipping price.

Edit: $10 free shipping
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After watching you guys inflate the price to $50 shipped, I decided to wait it out a bit. Glad I did, they are back down to $9.99 each + $9.99 shipping. Co-worker ordered one back in November and it showed up this week, overall I'm impressed with the quality, but it is a weird fit. Definitely worth $20, hell I would have paid $80 for the same jacket on the shelves here.

Since mines already on it's way, here's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331323064653

Dammit! Shipping is $30 now.

Fuck it, I'm foing!
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Fuck it, I'm foing!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After watching you guys inflate the price to $50 shipped, I decided to wait it out a bit. Glad I did, they are back down to $9.99 each + $9.99 shipping. Co-worker ordered one back in November and it showed up this week, overall I'm impressed with the quality, but it is a weird fit. Definitely worth $20, hell I would have paid $80 for the same jacket on the shelves here.

Fuck it, I'm foing!

Ditto, bought one of each color lol.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, two inbound.

I've done worse things with $18.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Thanks Op and for the 10 dollar link guy!
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Small update on my order for the jackets.

I ordered 11/17 and USPS shows it got stateside to Boston 11/25. From there it went to Flushing, NY on 11/29 to NYC on the same day where it then departed on 11/30 to a hub in Bronx. On 12/1 it went "Out For Delivery". Since 12/1 it has shown "Delivery Status Not Updated".

On Wednesday I went down to my local post office to see if they could tell me something besides what the USPS website showed. The clerk told me she didn't see any additional information but her guess was that it was in Customs and to give it several more days.

So, I guess I'll just have to continue waiting... I've still got 22 days of buyer protection on AliExpress.
View Quote

Just got an email from AliExpress that my order for my 3 jackets has been suspended by them due to suspicious activity by the seller. If the seller doesn't provide adequate evidence they're selling legitimately I'm getting my money refunded in full.

Still no updated status on the tracking number I had. Wonder what it was that was shipped or if it was ever even actually addressed to me.

I suspect I'm getting my money back and no jackets...

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I never got mine.  Mine was 15 and 10 shipping. Got the fake tracking number the never went live. I paid by PP nd disputed it and they gave back my money. I think they just eat the cost as this guy is long gone.  They use the time in between shipping to run away
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually wear large so I can layer and I like a slightly loose fit.  I'm 5' 11" and 150 or so.  I think XL would be too big.  Should I get large?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Strange that the green shows pants and not a jacket.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep, two inbound.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, two inbound.

I fent
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
ordered 2 from Ali Express when the one came that was too small

they were delivered today

to fucking Arizona.....

dispute in progress

Dear NUCdt04,
You order is currently frozen, due to the sellers suspicious trading activities.
We have suspended this seller’s account because we have detected unsafe trading activities. We have therefore requested the seller to provide sufficient evidence, such as shipping documents and certificates which they must provide within 3 business days (not calendar days).

If the seller fails to provide any evidence within 3 business days, we will issue you with a full refund. In the event the seller does provide evidence, it could take about 15 business days for the case to be resolved.

We apologize for this inconvenience. At AliExpress, we are committed and always taking steps in improving our customers shopping experience and to the protection of both the buyer’s and seller’s interests.

Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
AliExpress Trade  Security Department
2014.12.10 17:53
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#11]
ordered the 5.99 ones back in nov and aliexpress closed it due to suspicious  order.

just ordered the one for 9.36  now in XL
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Been wanting to get in on this.  Just ordered two of the $9.36 ones.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine was suppose to come in today but seen nothing yet.  Will give it another day or so before dispute.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#14]
$50 shipping, are you F-ing kidding me?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I fent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, two inbound.

I fent

Zero feedback. Good luck!

Is there even buyer protection on Ali?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#16]

From what I have read, yes there is.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I usually wear large so I can layer and I like a slightly loose fit.  I'm 5' 11" and 150 or so.  I think XL would be too big.  Should I get large?
View Quote

XL for sure. My large is nice in a tshirt but thats it
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I got my two jackets today.

A little small as already said a dozen times (i got L, shoulda got XL), but worth $30.00 ea shipped.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#19]
And my order is frozen.......
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I put a $9 one from aliexpress in my cart and left it there this afternoon. I just got notification that the seller is suspended for fraud. Glad I didn't check out!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I put a $9 one from aliexpress in my cart and left it there this afternoon. I just got notification that the seller is suspended for fraud. Glad I didn't check out!!!
View Quote

same message for me. They advised I would get a refund on the 3 I ordered if the seller didn't show proof of shipment.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

same message for me. They advised I would get a refund on the 3 I ordered if the seller didn't show proof of shipment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep probably the same seller that fucked me
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add me to that list.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#25]
December 2, 2014 , 8:33 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
SUZHOU EMS, CHINA
November 11, 2014 , 10:15 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
SUZHOU EMS, CHINA
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
November 10, 2014 , 6:23 pm
Acceptance
CHINA

Anybody else have theres leave the same sort facility twice? Guess il see if it ever shows up haha.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I FOed, will update when it arrives.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The Chinese government thanks you for supporting their intellectual theft and wholesale copyright/trademark infringement
View Quote
Copyright law is anti-free market.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#28]
somebody post here when the shipping isn't a laughable $69.95
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Add me to that list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add me to that list.

I bought two of the $6.98 shipped ones, and got a bogus tracking number. Aliexpress froze the transaction and I should get a refund soon.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Shipping is now $69 SIXTY NINE
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, two inbound.

View Quote

I fent
View Quote

Zero feedback. Good luck!

Is there even buyer protection on Ali?
View Quote

Yes, and it seems to be pretty decent.

With my order of the $17 parka another member linked earlier in the thread, I began a dispute but AliExpress froze the seller and issued a refund before the dispute had a chance to complete.

With the $6.98 soft shells, AliExpress froze the seller before I even opened a dispute. Should be getting my refund shortly.

I also had another order for a football jersey which, even though I got it quickly, was smaller than the size advertised and its tag indicated. I actually measured it with a fabric tape measure and verified it. I opened a dispute with picture proof of the smaller size, the seller never responded to the dispute, and I got a full refund without having to return the jersey.

Quoted:
somebody post here when the shipping isn't a laughable $69.95
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Forget the ones on eBay. Seems the sellers on there are wanting to jack their prices thanks to the jump in sales.

I did some looking on AliExpress for some sellers of the soft shells that had decent feedback and came up with a couple.

Seller 1
Seller 2
Seller 3
Seller 4
Seller 5

All of them are under $40 shipped.

Instead of taking a chance on another no/low feedback seller I just decided to pick up a couple from Seller 3. Went with that seller as they had the lowest price, free shipping, and a small additional discount if you checked out through the AliExpress phone app or mobile website. I ordered a size up from what I normally wear based off the feedback of everyone who's received one saying it was on the snug side of the size they wore.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Chinese government thanks you for supporting their intellectual theft and wholesale copyright/trademark infringement
wow

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I CAN'T HEAR YOU?!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Holy shit this thread is still going.  

Glad some of you guys got one while it was still a good deal.

Mine got burnt up in my fire, I need to get on ordering another one I miss that coat!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:39:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Holy shit this thread is still going.  

Glad some of you guys got one while it was still a good deal.

Mine got burnt up in my fire, I need to get on ordering another one I miss that coat!
View Quote

Oh damn! Don't know why I didn't notice this was your thread before.

Tell you what, you want another gray XL like in your post? Let me know and I'll have one shipped to you from the seller I just bought mine from. Just PM me your address.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#36]
So what do you do when the user you bought from is no longer a registered user with ebay?  I think it might be time to contact Paypal to get a refund.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
[snip]
View Quote

Seller 3 is who I got my pants from, and who I re-ordered my jacket from. Pants arrived last week, but I just ordered the jacket this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got mine in from the last good price on EBay. Looks decent. Arms are a bit short for a 5'10 guy on the Large... not bad though. No labeling other than some chinese crap on the tag and a "Dickies" rubber grommet where you're supposed to run your earphones through the arm pockets.

Took them a while to get it here.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#39]
I just bought a brand new Carhartt jacket for $48
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#40]
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-TAD-V-4-0-Men-Outdoor-Military-Tactical-Jacket-Lurker-Shark-Skin-Soft-Shell/1985756816.html

Here you go guys. I ordered one and came in today, excellent quality and hands down worth every penny. Comparable to northface $160 jackets

2014.12.12 03:04 (GMT-7): Departed USPS Facility
2014.12.11 15:17 (GMT-7): Departed USPS Facility
2014.12.11 15:06 (GMT-7): Arrived at USPS Facility
2014.11.26 19:36 (GMT-7): Collection
(GMT-7): Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I should've done. Instead I have a 3/4 sleeved XL China coat.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I literally just tried on a Rothco small softshell that fit me fine, so I fent and ordered a Small and a Medium from the eBay seller in the OP.
Like eveyone else, I'll keep this thread updated with ship times & pics  of the knockoff label
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like one of these Carhartts?

Nice enough jackets for a lot of stuff but I don't think they replace soft shells. Not that they're intended to though. Not really designed for layering, like if you were hiking or snowshoeing all day, etc..
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#44]
and an update:

Your order blah blah blah has been closed

Dear NUCdt04,
Your Order No:blahblahblah  has been closed because the supplier did not provide necessary evidence. The payment will be refunded to you within 7-10 working days.
AliExpress strives to continuously improve our trading environment. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,
AliExpress Trade  Security Department
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I just paid $38.      Again

The $9 one seams to good to be true.  Low seller score lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#46]
In for a Gray XXL, hope its not too big.  $29 Christmas present to someone if it don't fit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Never ordered one. I have a nice Marmot soft shell jacket already.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#48]
I bought the Ebay $9 jacket. It's still for sale at $9 plus $19 shipping. I ordered a second one because what the hell.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#49]
You'll need an impermeable layer underneath to protect you from the arsenic, lead, and carcinogens in the fabric.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Tried to buy one off eBay paid for it and got the fake tracking # that never went anywhere seller wound up getting suspended and then banished from eBay.  Luckily enough I filed a claim and got my money back immediately. Think I will steer clear of the Chinese knock offs from now on.  Once bitten and all that...
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top