Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 101
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Well it's pretty cold and boring here tonight and I'm still looking for a place to move to in VA. I guess I'd better hurry up and find something, considering that my lease here ends on Saturday. I'm almost free.

Also, I'm going to begin drinking the other half of this bottle of Jameson now... So you've been warned.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I had good luck in Arlington, albeit that was 20 something years ago.  1st 6 months rented a basement room off Wilson Blvd, 2nd time got a 1 bedroom apt just off the Clarendon Metro.  Go out towards Fairfax & you can hit the NRA range.  It's pretty nice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had good luck in Arlington, albeit that was 20 something years ago.  1st 6 months rented a basement room off Wilson Blvd, 2nd time got a 1 bedroom apt just off the Clarendon Metro.  Go out towards Fairfax & you can hit the NRA range.  It's pretty nice.
View Quote

I shoot almost exclusively at the NRA Range; It's an awesome range! 50yds, indoor, A/C, no "lost brass" policy, and great safety protocol- it's one of the few local ranges where I don't feel the need to bring Kevlar. I finally have my own weapons to shoot now. When I came back up from FL last week I packed a ton of ammo, my CZ P-07, XDS 45, and I built a 16" upper (drunk, in a hotel room.. Don't worry, I checked my work when I was sober ) from parts I picked up at PSA on the way here. *I'll add for the ATF guys reading that everything was dropped off in VA to keep it all legal*

I'm mostly looking in Alexandria, but I'll take whatever decent place I can find all the way out as far as Fairfax. Arlington would be just fine. I'm hoping I don't accidentally move in with a house full of liberals, because their heads would explode after I transfer the rest of my "Armory" here from FL and WY.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  I shoot almost exclusively at the NRA Range; It's an awesome range! 50yds, indoor, A/C, no "lost brass" policy, and great safety protocol- it's one of the few local ranges where I don't feel the need to bring Kevlar. I finally have my own weapons to shoot now. When I came back up from FL last week I packed a ton of ammo, my CZ P-07, XDS 45, and I built a 16" upper (drunk, in a hotel room.. Don't worry, I checked my work when I was sober ) from parts I picked up at PSA on the way here. *I'll add for the ATF guys reading that everything was dropped off in VA to keep it all legal*

I'm mostly looking in Alexandria, but I'll take whatever decent place I can find all the way out as far as Fairfax. Arlington would be just fine. I'm hoping I don't accidentally move in with a house full of liberals, because their heads would explode after I transfer the rest of my "Armory" here from FL and WY.
View Quote

I used to shoot on the old NRA range in the basement downtown.  I'd pack my 3 revolvers in one briefcase, the ammo in the other, and take the subway into DC.  Legal.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I used to shoot on the old NRA range in the basement downtown.  I'd pack my 3 revolvers in one briefcase, the ammo in the other, and take the subway into DC.  Legal.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I shoot almost exclusively at the NRA Range; It's an awesome range! 50yds, indoor, A/C, no "lost brass" policy, and great safety protocol- it's one of the few local ranges where I don't feel the need to bring Kevlar. I finally have my own weapons to shoot now. When I came back up from FL last week I packed a ton of ammo, my CZ P-07, XDS 45, and I built a 16" upper (drunk, in a hotel room.. Don't worry, I checked my work when I was sober ) from parts I picked up at PSA on the way here. *I'll add for the ATF guys reading that everything was dropped off in VA to keep it all legal*

You lucky bastard!!

I'd make national TV news if I tried that now.... And I still live in America.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:06:55 AM EDT
[#6]
So there's one thing I have been wondering about doing while I'm still a DC resident...

What would you wager the odds are that I could successfully apply for a DC carry permit this week; I do happen to know all of the people who work at the Licensing Dept. at 300 Indiana Ave. It'd be a long-shot since I haven't been raped and/or murdered recently, but I'm wondering if I should apply anyway.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It does not count, but what kind of a barrel you looking for?

Eta and I was actually writing that to TG, but I had consumed 8-10 IPA's and half a bottle of Jameson at the time. Now that I'm sober I realize that I misunderstood and also generally screwed up the post. I'm guessing I thought she was still looking for tuition money. IDK...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
150 words should take all of 5 minutes.

Introduce yourself, tell them how the money will help you further whatever your goal for college is and the thank them for the money. Easy peezy.

As a matter of fact, I can be even cheaper than that... Depending....  

Oh, and it may be at least the 16th before you see any money show up... But really, the least I could do is help an Arfcommer pay for something to improve their life.... You can always IM me if you need some help.

I need a barrel. Does that count?

Eta and I was actually writing that to TG, but I had consumed 8-10 IPA's and half a bottle of Jameson at the time. Now that I'm sober I realize that I misunderstood and also generally screwed up the post. I'm guessing I thought she was still looking for tuition money. IDK...

I knew exactly what you meant.

I'm saving up my loose change for a couple months to get an 11.5" barrel assembly, probably a del-ton unless I find out t
they're junk. After I get that and a delta ring my new blaster will go pew pew pew, even if its missing a couple or six parts
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:18:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm saving up my loose change for a couple months to get an 11.5" barrel assembly, probably a del-ton unless I find out t
they're junk. After I get that and a delta ring my new blaster will go pew pew pew, even if its missing a couple or six parts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
150 words should take all of 5 minutes.

Introduce yourself, tell them how the money will help you further whatever your goal for college is and the thank them for the money. Easy peezy.

As a matter of fact, I can be even cheaper than that... Depending....  

Oh, and it may be at least the 16th before you see any money show up... But really, the least I could do is help an Arfcommer pay for something to improve their life.... You can always IM me if you need some help.

I need a barrel. Does that count?

I know what you mean. I've found myself looking at an incomplete blaster, thinking "you know, if I did x, x, & x... This thing should still cycle just fine..."  

But seriously, I'm at just the right spot in my lack of a build that I may be persuaded to not build a .300 BLK just yet...

Naw, who am I kidding... We all know it was built, registered, and suppressed long ago... Even though it doesn't have a lower, FCG, or a gas system yet.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I haven't managed to drink all of my whiskey, but I have drank enough to say FBHO.

Good night, NC. And FBHO, but not literally.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#10]

723 Days to go
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Howdy!

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#13]
My brains hurt.  Didn't get much sleep last night...  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey buddiiiieeeeeees.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I think I've recovered from SHOT, now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:31:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Chem teacher got mad at the class today.  She asked who had read the homework and I raised my hand and I hear "ONLY ONE?!?"  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Feels weird only having 3 classes this semester.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:35:27 AM EDT
[#18]
It's my school Friday and I had a cheeseburger and chocolate chip cookies for dinner; and feel all spasticy
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#19]
AND COCOA!!  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's my school Friday and I had a cheeseburger and chocolate chip cookies for dinner; and feel all spasticy
View Quote

You don't say?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You don't say?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't say?

I do. I do say.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I do. I do say.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't say?

I do. I do say.  

How's life, stranger?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Bonjour!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Bonjour!
View Quote

Hey Deej.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:48:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How's life, stranger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't say?

I do. I do say.  

How's life, stranger?

Pretty good lately.  Nice change from last year.

Feeling like I am getting a bit more energy back(in general, not just right now because of cookies.), and I feel a little less old and.. hollow..
Dr. seems to think I am on the upswing, and the more I deal with him the more I like him better than Dr. Groper.  Feels like he listens to me - and ... respects me.  Odd impression to have about a Dr., I know.  

Maybe I am getting so sick that I have gone insane and think I am doing good..  

How's you doin?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Going to SHOT is on my bucket list. I'm jelly of everyone else getting to go.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pretty good lately.  Nice change from last year.

Feeling like I am getting a bit more energy back(in general, not just right now because of cookies.), and I feel a little less old and.. hollow..
Dr. seems to think I am on the upswing, and the more I deal with him the more I like him better than Dr. Groper.  Feels like he listens to me - and ... respects me.  Odd impression to have about a Dr., I know.  

Maybe I am getting so sick that I have gone insane and think I am doing good..  

How's you doin?
View Quote

Just running out the clock, since i'm back from Vegas.  Not really a whole lot keeping me here now
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a good time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hey Deej.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bonjour!

Hey Deej.

Sup?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sup?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bonjour!

Hey Deej.

Sup?

Same old.  You?  How's the lady?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bonjour!

Hey Deej.

Sup?

She's all right. We're going for pizza on Saturday night.

I've been looking at properties.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Hello and good bye, I have a promising job interview tomorrow!  Hope ya'll are doing well
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:59:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bonjour!

Hey Deej.

Sup?

Ooh, properties.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hello and good bye, I have a promising job interview tomorrow!  Hope ya'll are doing well
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:05:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh, and I bought some new bras the other week, and at checkout the girl asks me if I have a CC with them.  I said no and she says I'll get 15% off just to apply for one so I said sure I'll apply - fully doubting I'll ever get cleared for a CC with my credit history.

Boom, two weeks later and I now have a Lane Bryant Credit Card.
It's kinda pretty.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:11:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ooh, properties.
View Quote

Condos by her work. Maybe.

Like this one
Or this one
Or maybe this one?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:44:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
You're alive!

Thought you'd melted.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:  Oh, and I bought some new bras the other week, and at checkout the girl asks me if I have a CC with them.  I said no and she says I'll get 15% off just to apply for one so I said sure I'll apply - fully doubting I'll ever get cleared for a CC with my credit history.

It's kinda pretty.  
View Quote

PICS, damnit!  You can't tease us like that.

And the GF said really nice things about me last night to other people.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:15:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You're alive!

Thought you'd melted.

http://youtu.be/1evG4KhupEk

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're alive!

Thought you'd melted.

That was big news around here.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Oh, and I bought some new bras the other week, and at checkout the girl asks me if I have a CC with them.  I said no and she says I'll get 15% off just to apply for one so I said sure I'll apply - fully doubting I'll ever get cleared for a CC with my credit history.

It's kinda pretty.  

Oh, alright.  Silly thing to want though.  Stock image:
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:29:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://c.comenity.net/lanebryant/images/Homepage_banner_main3170.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's kinda pretty.  

I'm just guessing, but I don't think that's what he wanted a pic of...  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's kinda pretty.  

Clarity is important.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:41:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Clarity is important.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's kinda pretty.  

Clarity is important.  

No, no, I'm good.  Google Image Search is your friend.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:43:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're alive!

Thought you'd melted.

And I thought that it was hot today at 80.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#45]
1 hour 23 minutes.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I got the job
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#47]
YAY!  My Arab brother is going for a 2nd interview.  Hope he gets the job.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
1 hour 23 minutes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I got the job
View Quote

So... what is it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So... what is it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got the job

So... what is it?

Working at a call center, answering calls regarding reservations for a large hotel chain.  $3/hour raise, 30+ hours a week.  Set schedule, instead of this weekly changing bs.  
Page / 101
Top Top