Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Secret Santa
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:38:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Bit of an update from my situation I described last night...

This job is now projected to wrap-up on Friday because the crew is refusing to work tomorrow and it's going to rain on Monday.

These motherfuckers actually expect me to stay here in this damn hotel, alone, all the way through Thanksgiving!

I already emailed my actual boss, along with the PM who I'm loaned out to for this job, to let them know that all of the fucks which I previously gave have now been entirely expended and I'm going to fly home on Tuesday (it's non-negotiable). I really don't care what our client has to say about it anymore. They can go catch on fire and die for all that I care at this point. This is fucking bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I already emailed my actual boss, along with the PM who I'm loaned out to for this job, to let them know that all of the fucks which I previously gave have now been entirely expended and I'm going to fly home on Tuesday (it's non-negotiable). I really don't care what our client has to say about it anymore. They can go catch on fire and die for all that I care at this point. This is fucking bullshit.
View Quote

I think we can be friends.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not? I can always use a new friend.

What do you think about that trigger on the shield? I still haven't really formed an official opinion on it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:56:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This job is now projected to wrap-up on Friday because the crew is refusing to work tomorrow and it's going to rain on Monday.

These motherfuckers actually expect me to stay here in this damn hotel, alone, all the way through Thanksgiving!

View Quote
I'd stay and bill them for the entire time I was there

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What do you think about that trigger on the shield? I still haven't really formed an official opinion on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's alright.  Better than the factory full-size M&P trigger, and a hell of a lot better than my M&P40 (first production run with the REALLY lousy trigger).  I'm gonna get the Apex trigger for it sometime soon.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:05:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  Bit of an update from my situation I described last night...

View Quote

Good for you.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving vacation.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:09:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm considering offering to stay through the rest of the week, for $1500 dollars per day, starting yesterday. Otherwise, no deal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's alright.  Better than the factory full-size M&P trigger, and a hell of a lot better than my M&P40 (first production run with the REALLY lousy trigger).  I'm gonna get the Apex trigger for it sometime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard the Apex trigger is really nice on those.

The one I shot, I think it was a .40, but maybe I'm wrong... was really accurate and it felt nice, but the trigger was something in-between a Glock and an LCP. I just don't know how to accurately describe it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:15:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The one I shot, I think it was a .40, but maybe I'm wrong... was really accurate and it felt nice, but the trigger was something in-between a Glock and an LCP. I just don't know how to accurately describe it.
View Quote

I've got the Apex DCAEK and RAM in my M&P40, and the FSS in my longslide 9mm.  They know how to make a trigger.

I haven't shot an LCP, but if it's anything like the Kel-Tec triggers...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:17:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Bit of an update from my situation I described last night...

I'm gonna try really hard, but I think it may have already been ruined.

I'm so pissed off over this entire situation that my blood pressure would now have to be measured in PSI. I've felt physically Ill all week and I keep getting terrible headaches because of it; I can't even drink a cup of coffee without feeling like I might die. I don't think my attitude can change enough to make a difference in 5 days...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:19:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm considering offering to stay through the rest of the week, for $1500 dollars per day, starting yesterday. Otherwise, no deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For that price you should spit on your hand and give em a good oll fashion western Grip style hand job.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I've got the Apex DCAEK and RAM in my M&P40, and the FSS in my longslide 9mm.  They know how to make a trigger.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant that the "one I shot" was a stock Shield trigger. I should have been more specific in that regard.

And yes, Kel-Tec/LCP triggers are not great. It's as smooth as a cinderblock and has about an inch of creep. I found the shield to have a smooth trigger, but way too much creep.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:24:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:  I'm gonna try really hard, but I think it may have already been ruined.

I'm so pissed off over this entire situation that my blood pressure would now have to be measured in PSI. I've felt physically Ill all week and I keep getting terrible headaches because of it; I can't even drink a cup of coffee without feeling like I might die. I don't think my attitude can change enough to make a difference in 5 days...
View Quote

If you're so angry that you're physically ill, then you should probably call in sick.  Your vacation is only ruined if you let them ruin it.  You're going home to see your family, demonstrating your priorities are in order, while showing theirs are not.  Please don't offer to sell your physical well-being for money.  We value you more than those Jerssyban do.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:25:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For that price you should spit on your hand and give em a good oll fashion western Grip style hand job.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. For what I do that's still an OK deal. Also, factor in that I live in the middle of downtown DC and what the cost of living is there...

No handjobs required.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I meant that the "one I shot" was a stock Shield trigger. I should have been more specific in that regard.

And yes, Kel-Tec/LCP triggers are not great. It's as smooth as a cinderblock and has about an inch of creep. I found the shield to have a smooth trigger, but way too much creep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I was tracking you.  I feel the same way about the stock Shield trigger.  It could be a lot worse, but there's definitely room for improvement.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:26:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I disagree. For what I do that's still an OK deal. Also, factor in that I live in the middle of downtown DC and what the cost of living is there...

No handjobs required.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No handjobs required.
Don't you do building inspection or some such?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:27:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  I disagree. For what I do that's still an OK deal. Also, factor in that I live in the middle of downtown DC and what the cost of living is there...

No handjobs required.
View Quote

For someone making a good deal of money, you don't seem very happy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:28:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you're so angry that you're physically ill, then you should probably call in sick.  Your vacation is only ruined if you let them ruin it.  You're going home to see your family, demonstrating your priorities are in order, while showing theirs are not.  Please don't offer to sell your physical well-being for money.  We value you more than those Jerssyban do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'm gonna try really hard, but I think it may have already been ruined.

Very true words. I will take that into consideration. (Not being snarky, I genuinely mean it)
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:30:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Please don't offer to sell your physical well-being for money.  We value you more than those Jerssyban do.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:32:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I disagree. For what I do that's still an OK deal. Also, factor in that I live in the middle of downtown DC and what the cost of living is there...

No handjobs required.

As they say, money isn't everything...

I take no joy in what I do. I do it because it's a very important and strategic stepping-stone to advance my career to somewhere I'd actually like to be. Things should begin to improve significantly for me around the end of January.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:35:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

To put it very, very simply.. Yes.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:39:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The ones out here just show up 3 hours late sit in the truck an hour eating jack in the box go "I'm not sure this is right even though it's according to the plan we signed of on" and disappear another couple hours

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:50:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The ones out here just show up 3 hours late sit in the truck an hour eating jack in the box go "I'm not sure this is right even though it's according to the plan we signed of on" and disappear another couple hours  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I've seen (and fired) a lot of guys like that.

We aren't .gov inspectors. We work as private consultants, usually hired by the building owner/manager, to provide expert advice and opinions on the condition of their buildings and/or work being done on those buildings. We provide many other services too, but that is the majority of our work. It's really only cost effective for clients who have A LOT of buildings to manage.

Our clients include several branches of the military, the DC government (the contract I normally manage), several other local governments throughout the country, and several national/global corporations.

The reason I said things are going to improve after January is because I'm going to transition back to managing some of our military contracts. Those are always great to work on. And I'll get to move out of DC.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:55:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

We aren't .gov inspectors. We work as private consultants, usually hired by the building owner/manager, to provide expert advice and opinions on the condition of their buildings and/or work being done on those buildings. We provide many other services too, but that is the majority of our work. It's really only cost effective for clients who have A LOT of buildings to manage.

Our clients include several branches of the military, the DC government (the contract I normally manage), several other local governments throughout the country, and several national/global corporations.

The reason I said things are going to improve after January is because I'm going to transition back to managing some of our military contracts. Those are always great to work on. And I'll get to move out of DC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah ok im betting many a Californian has considered cracking the inspector with some 2x4 scrap rolling em in the footing and calling in the truck for a pore. Out here they hate you for giving them a job.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:02:45 AM EDT
[#31]
I felt much the same way when I was the guy swinging the hammer for a living..

The only difference is that I've been in their shoes and I go out of my way to not be an asshole to them when it isn't called for. I remember always having thought that an inspector needs to be a construction worker for at least a few years before he's allowed to get in everyone else's business on a jobsite. Same thing with architects.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:06:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The only difference is that I've been in their shoes and I go out of my way to not be an asshole to them when it isn't called for. I remember always having thought that an inspector needs to be a construction worker for at least a few years before he's allowed to get in everyone else's business on a jobsite. Same thing with architects.
View Quote
And engineers need to run a lathe or mill a while before they should be allowed to design shit.

I don't even do it as a living I just have a wide skill base so I end up helping friends out a lot.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:12:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And engineers need to run a lathe or mill a while before they should be allowed to design shit.

I don't even do it as a living I just have a wide skill base so I end up helping friends out a lot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes! You get it.

Before you tell people how to make or do just about anything, you need to be intimately familiar with the task by having done it yourself. Things always end up being a little different in practice than they were on paper and the designers need to be aware of this stuff.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yes! You get it.

Before you tell people how to make or do just about anything, you need to be intimately familiar with the task by having done it yourself. Things always end up being a little different in practice than they were on paper and the designers need to be aware of this stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes! You get it.

My dad is a tool and die maker his favorite past time is bitching about engineers.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My dad is a tool and die maker his favorite past time is bitching about engineers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes! You get it.

Sounds like a guy who I'd buy a beer!  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes! You get it.

Lol one of the other machinist launched about a 150 pound chunk of steel out of a lathe the other day. He said it was the fastest he has ever seen people move when that thing was bouncing around.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:25:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Got 3 hours sleep last night, can't keep my eyes open.  Y'all have a good night.  HH, hope you see your way to happiness & fulfillment soon.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:26:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol one of the other machinist launched about a 150 pound chunk of steel out of a lathe the other day. He said it was the fastest he has ever seen people move when that thing was bouncing around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes! You get it.

No doubt. I sort of had a pyrotechnic event occur on a lathe one time when I was a kid. Can't go into details, but it wasn't pretty. I had 2nd degree burns everywhere. I remember that the first thing to go through my mind was "am I dead?" Looking back on it, I did some really dumb shit when I was a kid...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:30:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
No doubt. I sort of had a pyrotechnic event occur on a lathe one time when I was a kid. Can't go into details, but it wasn't pretty. I had 2nd degree burns everywhere. I remember that the first thing to go through my mind was "am I dead?" Looking back on it, I did some really dumb shit when I was a kid...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes! You get it.

worst Ive done is left the chuck key in it when I started it up

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:35:23 AM EDT
[#40]
That's no good either, but at least it's really just an eye hazard at best... And I'd expect you're wearing eye pro.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That's no good either, but at least it's really just an eye hazard at best... And I'd expect you're wearing eye pro.
View Quote
That eye pro was 50 50 at best really depended if I had my sunglasses or not generally.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:56:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Good evening everyone.

People are really dumb! Some admin thought it was a good idea to try going to liquid soap instead of the little bars. They also thought it might be a good idea to install hand sanitizer dispensers in the pod. As one might expect when giving inmates access to alcohol, three of the dummies drank the stuff and are now on the way to the hospital.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:58:43 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Good evening everyone.

People are really dumb! Some admin thought it was a good idea to try going to liquid soap instead of the little bars. They also thought it might be a good idea to install hand sanitizer dispensers in the pod. As one might expect when giving inmates access to alcohol, three of the dummies drank the stuff and are now on the way to the hospital.
View Quote
lol they didn't even get the alcohol free hand sanitizer?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good evening everyone.

I do not believe so.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:06:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I do not believe so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good evening everyone.

I do not believe so.

Just have them make their own soap by rendering down dead prisoners. problem solved problem staying solved.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:14:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just have them make their own soap by rendering down dead prisoners. problem solved problem staying solved.

View Quote

We try not to kill the inmates and we certainly don't keep the dead ones laying around.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:30:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We try not to kill the inmates and we certainly don't keep the dead ones laying around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not? The deterrent value alone would be handy. Saves money on internment and/or cremation, plus you can probably cut down on your kitchen food budget too.

Hell, go the extra mile and start nailing them to the walls with signs on them.

"This is Bob. Bob talked back. Don't be like Bob."
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why not? The deterrent value alone would be handy. Saves money on internment and/or cremation, plus you can probably cut down on your kitchen food budget too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:32:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you certainly wouldn't have any laying around if you turned them into soap. Just sayin'..

On a serious note, how did they not realize ahead of time that the prisoners were going to drink the alcoholic hand sanitizer?? I mean, they're prisoners..!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:36:41 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Why not? The detergent value alone would be handy. Saves money on internment and/or cremation, plus you can probably cut down on your kitchen food budget too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not? The detergent value alone would be handy. Saves money on internment and/or cremation, plus you can probably cut down on your kitchen food budget too.

Fixed that for you

Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top