Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is fucking retarded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Retarded or not, that just proves that the free market will find a way around legal issues if the demand is there for it.  This happens time and time again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow! A 30 sec mandatory commercial just to watch the vid?

ETA: WTF that is the Denver TV station website right? Not some special anti gun link?

Makes me appreciate Iderho a little more.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What's weird about this guy is the shooter in his son's case obsessively switched mags, right?  He never even cycled so much as 15 from one 30-round magazine, IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“We have to do something to not make it easy to have people mowed down by crazed shooters. I thought it would be an effective law,” said Mauser.

Newsflash! Banning things doesn't make them go away, nor does it prevent criminals from committing crime.

Thanks though, for promoting a worthless law that so many said "wouldn't do anything".

What's weird about this guy is the shooter in his son's case obsessively switched mags, right?  He never even cycled so much as 15 from one 30-round magazine, IIRC.

You're thinking Sandy Hook.  His son died at Columbine.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I personally like this response from C2AA from their Facebook Page:  Go suck it!
While not inaccurate, the word "circumventing" implies some discretion, guile or sneakiness. We are not "circumventing" the new laws. We are openly, willfully, and actively defying them. They are wrong, they were passed without the consent of the governed and we, overwhelmingly, are refusing to comply.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I personally like this response from C2AA from their Facebook Page:  Go suck it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
While not inaccurate, the word "circumventing" implies some discretion, guile or sneakiness. We are not "circumventing" the new laws. We are openly, willfully, and actively defying them. They are wrong, they were passed without the consent of the governed and we, overwhelmingly, are refusing to comply.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck that self righteous "investigative reporter".  When the sheriff himself tells you the law is unenforceable,  how are you going to try and defend it?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So, the clerk is manufacturing and selling 30 round mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The clerk opened the package, put it together in 24 seconds and sold CBS4 the 30 round magazine for $25.

No fucks given.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So, you guys are criminals?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We fucking said, "Will not comply."  We fucking meant, "Will not comply."

You're goddamned right.

Who said that if all guns are banned that 50% of arfcom would turn in the other 50% of arfcom?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're goddamned right.

Pretty sure you claim to be a libertarian. Why are you trying to get other people in trouble for doing something that has zero effect on you and is in defiance of a blatantly unconstitutional law.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This bastard can suck a big one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Tom Mauser called what CBS4 uncovered “disgusting.”
Mauser viewed the CBS4 footage and concluded, “People are trying to get around the law and in a way they’re making a mockery of it. And what they are saying is, ‘We don’t care, let’s make it easy, this is what customers want, let’s make it available and defy the law.’”

This bastard can suck a big one.

And somehow, just somehow, I really doubt he has been complaining about all the chocolate messiah has done to "get around the law" and make a mockery of it. Screw that guy............
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

X87
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title should be, "Colorado mag ban WIN"

X87

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I need to collect on my beer, sir!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say when, Mister I'm-Too-Busy-Getting-Married-to-Tell-You-When-I'm-in-Town.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck that self righteous "investigative reporter". When the sheriff himself tells you the law is unenforceable,  how are you going to try and defend it?
View Quote

This x87. This was done on purpose to try and make it a hot topic for the election. They are playing on stupid peoples emotions to drum up libtarded votes. May fucks be upon them from rusty metal pineapples.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pretty sure you claim to be a libertarian. Why are you trying to get other people in trouble for doing something that has zero effect on you and is in defiance of a blatantly unconstitutional law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're goddamned right.

I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble.  Just making sure no hypocrisy is involved.  Also, it's probably not a good idea to admit to crimes even if the laws are bullshit.  And most laws are bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen!  

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Magpul moved to Texas?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#20]
New report fail: those aren't "high capacity" mags - they're standard capacity.

And since "mowing people down" doesn't really happen in real life (except in a tiny handful of rare incidents), obviously the law won't accomplish anything useful in terms of shootings, homicides, and deaths, a fact the Justice Department already knew from prior studies of the 1994 ban.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble.  Just making sure no hypocrisy is involved.  Also, it's probably not a good idea to admit to crimes even if the laws are bullshit.  And most laws are bullshit.
View Quote

What fucking hypocricy?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#22]
The .gov didn't learn from prohibition (or prohibition on anything) and the abyss is starring back.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Kind of want
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why?

The state is missing out on tons of revenue, and it's destroying jobs.

How many Magpul employees that can't make the move for whatever reason are now going to be out looking for work, maybe doing something that doesn't pay as well or that they don't love as much?  I don't know the number, but presumably it's one or more.

Meanwhile, what good will it do?  Will it even save "just one life?"  Highly doubtful.  So it's a net burden on the people of Colorado.  IOW, it's a bad law, based solely on its effects, and that's without even getting into civil rights and whether it's a just law or not.

Maryland kicked Beretta out, among other manufacturers.  We lost somewhere around 1000 jobs just from that one company.  Meanwhile, what good is it going to do?  None whatsoever.

But, anybody who works for a gun manufacturer probably votes Republican, so if we can kick them out, all the better for our politicians.  Which is what's really important here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title should be, "Colorado mag ban WIN"

Why?

The state is missing out on tons of revenue, and it's destroying jobs.

How many Magpul employees that can't make the move for whatever reason are now going to be out looking for work, maybe doing something that doesn't pay as well or that they don't love as much?  I don't know the number, but presumably it's one or more.

Meanwhile, what good will it do?  Will it even save "just one life?"  Highly doubtful.  So it's a net burden on the people of Colorado.  IOW, it's a bad law, based solely on its effects, and that's without even getting into civil rights and whether it's a just law or not.

Maryland kicked Beretta out, among other manufacturers.  We lost somewhere around 1000 jobs just from that one company.  Meanwhile, what good is it going to do?  None whatsoever.

But, anybody who works for a gun manufacturer probably votes Republican, so if we can kick them out, all the better for our politicians.  Which is what's really important here.

I think he's saying it's a win because people are openly defying the bullshit new laws.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#25]

No.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes

Nobody wants one, the point was that you are complying with the letter of the law while stomping all over the spirit of the law
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're goddamned right.

Everyone's a criminal.
Go read all several 100,000 laws on the books, skippy.
ETA: kinda puts a twist on the whole "if you've got nothing to hide......"
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
The clerk opened the package, put it together in 24 seconds and sold CBS4 the 30 round magazine for $25.

Shhh!  The CBS morons were too slow to realize what had occurred.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I will trade any CO res my pre ban mags for new mags....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're goddamned right.

Yep but I don't really give a fuck
I just follow the example set by the current admin If a law doesn't suit me oh well
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Everytime I visit the folks in TX I return with more mags than I left with

Just voted against all of them on my ballot
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What fucking hypocricy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What fucking hypocricy?

Just seems a lot of people around here are only ok with breaking laws they don't like.  When someone breaks a law they do like, they get all high and mighty.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Retarded or not, that just proves that the free market will find a way around legal issues if the demand is there for it.  This happens time and time again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Just ask the .gov just how well the war on drugs is going for them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just seems a lot of people around here are only ok with breaking laws they don't like.  When someone breaks a law they do like, they get all high and mighty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What fucking hypocricy?

Little bit of common sense goes a long way....

Stupid mag ban?  haha screw that.
Rape a kid? Get the gas and matches.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Find a cop in Colorado who'll arrest him for it.
Good luck.

This isn't California.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, but once those clips are empty and you throw them away there will be no new ones.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What fucking hypocricy?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What fucking hypocricy?

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/smilies/jerkoff.gif

No shit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

that's fucking beautiful.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey, maybe Brian Maass should turn himself in.  He posted evidence of the crime and expressed intent to violate the law...

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What fucking hypocricy?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Because just allowing people to defend themselves is completely out of the question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
“We make it too easy to mow other people down,” said Tom Mauser, whose son Daniel was killed in the Columbine High School mass shooting in 1999.

Mauser is a vocal opponent of high capacity magazines and pushed hard for passage of the 2013 ban.

We have to do something to not make it easy to have people mowed down by crazed shooters. I thought it would be an effective law,” said Mauser.

Because just allowing people to defend themselves is completely out of the question.

Hey Tom.. how about go work on the root issue - mental health... and leave the regular non fucking looney people alone?  Ban crazy people its for the children.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#43]
So your sayin the big boxes of mags that I ordered and my buddy drove up to have lunch with us  and I just happened to leave on the seat of his truck for his ride back home was not following the spirit of the fukd up bullshit lawk?  Damn I should almost feel bad
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#44]
The look on Mauser's face when he realized the mag ban wasn't working was priceless and terrifying. He legitimately believed a law would solve all of the problem.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#45]
How many of them have said, "Oh sorry, I was mislead"?   That would be a great ad, their quote next to the fact they stopped reading emails and answering phone calls from their constituents.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How many of them have said, "Oh sorry, I was mislead"?   That would be a great ad, their quote next to the fact they stopped reading emails and answering phone calls from their constituents.
View Quote

Didn't Hickenlooper use that excuse?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fuck that self righteous "investigative reporter".  When the sheriff himself tells you the law is unenforceable,  how are you going to try and defend it?
View Quote

But they are a highly ethical news organization.  They turned all the illegal magazines they bought over to law enforcement.  You know, to keep those evil killing machines off the streets.  For the children.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Everyone's a criminal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're goddamned right.

Everyone's a criminal.

Insert Ayn Rand quote here.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Kind of want
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Kind of want

Slap some 60 rd mags in that and go to town.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He regretted not having all of the facts.  Several others have said similar statements or eluded to simply not understanding what the hell they were signing.  Preaching to the choir here, but when you ignore 20,000 to 50,000 phone calls/emails, you are probably missing a very fucking important message.

Ugh, there went the blood pressure again.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top