Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 224
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:02:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xviperx420] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TescoVee:
So you're saying that we shouldn't send a bunch of forms to the BATFE that will ultimately be disapproved and whose only tangible effect will be to increase the already too long waiting times for other and future members of the NFA community?  I'm Shocked.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TescoVee:
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Originally Posted By llamas2:
I am very excited by all this. I think this is the time for everybody to  flood the ATF with applications to make one. One thing thoough that kinda irks me is that the law firm copyrighted  the complaint so that I have to pay if I want to copy it.

So you're saying that we shouldn't send a bunch of forms to the BATFE that will ultimately be disapproved and whose only tangible effect will be to increase the already too long waiting times for other and future members of the NFA community?  I'm Shocked.  

He's making the face at the third part. The part about the law firm copyrighting the complaint. The part I highlighted in red for you, so it's easier to find.

edit: Nolo beat me to it. And I'm renting 112, since I can't own it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:07:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: linny] [#2]
Nolo in his "courtroom casual". How can we not lose?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By linny:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/chi-foo/Gunther_zpsb8dq7uln.jpg
View Quote

Join date ?

Post count ?

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:46:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: linny] [#4]
Sorry. I'm  more of a lurker. I spend most of my time on another forum, just been reading this thread though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By us-kiwi:

Join date ?
Post count ?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By us-kiwi:
Originally Posted By linny:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/chi-foo/Gunther_zpsb8dq7uln.jpg

Join date ?
Post count ?

What's wrong with lurking?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:59:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By Possum-Sammich:

For those of you going to the oral arguments, here are a few ground rules:

1.  Dress like you're going to church (not cowboy church).  Coat, tie, slacks, dress shoes, and socks at a minimum.

2.  No signs, tshirts with slogans, logos, or anything indicating what side you support.

3.  Leave all electronics in the car.  If you have a Texas bar card, you can bring in an e-mail device.

4.  You will be searched multiple times.

5.  IMPORTANT: No reacting to oral arguments.  No cheering, laughing, shaking your head, smiling, NOTHING.  No matter what BS is spewed, keep a straight face.  The judge will have you removed, and can have you jailed.

6.  Stand up when the judge comes in and when she leaves.  Stay standing until she sits.

7.  It's better not to pack one side of the courtroom.  Spread out.  If you want to sit behind Nolo in "his" side, it's the one closer to the jury box.

8.  This is not the place to stage an open carry demonstration, or any demonstration.  

9.  The judge can tell who the spectators support most of the time.  If you act like a fool, a basement dweller, or a sovereign citizen, do you want her thinking, "These guys are getting machine guns?"

10.  Let Nolo do his thing.  If you want to talk to him later, do so outside.  Don't swarm his table before or after the arguments.

11.  Parking at the courthouse is an SOB.  

12.  There may not be a transcript available for months.  Court reporters want to get paid for them, and it's frowned upon for a party to post it freely.  That said, take paper notes and share them here afterword.

13.  If the press approaches you, remember that they are not your friend.  Don't talk about all the cool stuff you're going to build.  Best bet is to refer them to Nolo.

14.  The judge has the ability to put you in jail, at any moment, for contempt.  Arrive on time, sit there, listen, and leave.  If she addresses you, in the audience, for something: Stand up, call her "your honor", and apologize for whatever you did wrong.  Don't make excuses.  "I apologize, your honor.  It won't happen again."  
View Quote

Question on #2.  BFL Lapel pin?  First, will it violate your #2... next, will the frigging Feds let me in with a tiny lapel pin that I could possibly stab someone in the jugular with?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Conju:
Times eleventy billion. It simply cannot be overstated, If you can't be bothered to follow these rules then don't show up. Period.

If you show up in this courtroom wearing camo, or being disrespectful or open carrying or any other nonsense our side can't seem to help but engage in, then I hope someone punches you right in your stupid mouth.
View All Quotes

1.  Dress like you're going to church (not cowboy church).  Coat, tie, slacks, dress shoes, and socks at a minimum.

2.  No signs, tshirts with slogans, logos, or anything indicating what side you support.

3.  Leave all electronics in the car.  If you have a Texas bar card, you can bring in an e-mail device.

5.  IMPORTANT: No reacting to oral arguments.  No cheering, laughing, shaking your head, smiling, NOTHING.  No matter what BS is spewed, keep a straight face.  The judge will have you removed, and can have you jailed.

6.  Stand up when the judge comes in and when she leaves.  Stay standing until she sits.

7.  It's better not to pack one side of the courtroom.  Spread out.  If you want to sit behind Nolo in "his" side, it's the one closer to the jury box.

8.  This is not the place to stage an open carry demonstration, or any demonstration.  

9.  The judge can tell who the spectators support most of the time.  If you act like a fool, a basement dweller, or a sovereign citizen, do you want her thinking, "These guys are getting machine guns?"

10.  Let Nolo do his thing.  If you want to talk to him later, do so outside.  Don't swarm his table before or after the arguments.

12.  There may not be a transcript available for months.  Court reporters want to get paid for them, and it's frowned upon for a party to post it freely.  That said, take paper notes and share them here afterword.

13.  If the press approaches you, remember that they are not your friend.  Don't talk about all the cool stuff you're going to build.  Best bet is to refer them to Nolo.

14.  The judge has the ability to put you in jail, at any moment, for contempt.  Arrive on time, sit there, listen, and leave.  If she addresses you, in the audience, for something: Stand up, call her "your honor", and apologize for whatever you did wrong.  Don't make excuses.  "I apologize, your honor.  It won't happen again."  

Times eleventy billion. It simply cannot be overstated, If you can't be bothered to follow these rules then don't show up. Period.

If you show up in this courtroom wearing camo, or being disrespectful or open carrying or any other nonsense our side can't seem to help but engage in, then I hope someone punches you right in your stupid mouth.

I will be "that guy" for anyone who pulls some of this BS but doesn't get arrested for contempt.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:08:49 AM EDT
[#8]
You know some fucking retard, whether its a sovereign citizen type or someone who thinks the gold fringe on the flag in the room is wrong, will show up to be an eye sore and a PITA.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Good luck and God speed tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AJSully421:

I will be "that guy" for anyone who pulls some of this BS but doesn't get arrested for contempt.
View All Quotes

Well....if you happen to see someone wearing a BFL lapel pin with the BFL "LOGO" on it.....smack him for me would ya...
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
You know some fucking retard, whether its a sovereign citizen type or someone who thinks the gold fringe on the flag in the room is wrong, will show up to be an eye sore and a PITA.
View Quote

We're more likely to see antigun retards showing up with signs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By orpheus762x51:
View Quote

Cant be said enough!!!     Good luck Nolo!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kpel308:

I wouldn't.
View All Quotes

Question on #2.  BFL Lapel pin?  First, will it violate your #2... next, will the frigging Feds let me in with a tiny lapel pin that I could possibly stab someone in the jugular with?

I wouldn't.

Yeah, no.   Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that makes you stand out as a 2A person!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#15]
We're proud of you councilor. Be sure to wear matching socks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#16]
How soon after the oral arguments tomorrow will the transcript be posted?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By imdandman:
How soon after the oral arguments tomorrow will the transcript be posted?
View Quote

Soon

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#18]
My ONLY concern about tomorrow is someone from "our side" making a complete and udder fool of themselves, giving us all a black eye in the process.

Good luck tomorrow Nolo, I appreciate all that you are doing!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#20]
If you are having to be told how to behave during court, then maybe you oughta sit this one out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Sleep WELL tonight Nolo!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:41:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RevDeadCorpse] [#22]

Originally Posted By pgh_mill_hunkey:
This
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pgh_mill_hunkey:

This

And even more of this. Give 'em Hell Nolo!!!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By The_Hammer:
My ONLY concern about tomorrow is someone from "our side" making a complete and udder fool of themselves, giving us all a black eye in the process.

View Quote

Yes.  No one be this guy.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I understand, and fully endorse, the effort to prevent clownshoes from showing up and drawing negative attention to our cause

but the way some of you are talking about it, I get the impression that you actually appreciate the decorum
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By FrankDrebin:

http://i.imgur.com/afAVh6A.jpg
View All Quotes

That's udderly ridiculous!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MaxTheRabbit:
I understand, and fully endorse, the effort to prevent clownshoes from showing up and drawing negative attention to our cause

but the way some of you are talking about it, I get the impression that you actually appreciate the decorum
View Quote

I actually do appreciate it.  Have you ever seen the court scene in idiocracy?  Why would I want court to be anything other than a formal occasion?  

There's somethings in this world you better plan on wearing a suit to, and acting right.  Federal court is, and should be one of them.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By semiautomatic:

View All Quotes

I'm udderly surprised to see that I was able explicitly articulate my concern
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By p3590:

I actually do appreciate it.  Have you ever seen the court scene in idiocracy?  Why would I want court to be anything other than a formal occasion?  

There's somethings in this world you better plan on wearing a suit to, and acting right.  Federal court is, and should be one of them.

http://i.imgur.com/qDEsJEt.jpgg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaxTheRabbit:

http://i.imgur.com/qDEsJEt.jpgg

I like sex, and money
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Good luck, Nolo.  Thanks for doing what you do.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Don't have a cow man. I had a beef with the other guys choice of words too, but we're just shootin' the bull here...

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#31]
good luck and pl,ease kick some atf ass nolo
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Just wondering NOLO, you staying at a holiday Inn tonight?

Give 'em Hell and welcome to Texas!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Good luck tomorrow.

So, anyone attending, that will be willing to give us a play by play after the show?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By RevDeadCorpse:

Don't have a cow man. I had a beef with the other guys choice of words too, but we're just shootin' the bull here...

View All Quotes

I believe you just steaked you claim to the internets for the day good sir

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#35]
HOpe all is going in our favor. And i hope the gun owners understand how important it is to be professional in this setting. This is a battle to prove WE the people who own guns are your neighbors, your bank teller, the gal you strike a random convo with waiting for a table at your favorite restaurant.

Best of luck during this and i hope the court is packed with professionals and the antis show their true colors and make a fool of themselves.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beach] [#36]
I can't be there but will someone do me a favor...if some fool shows his ass and hurts our side of this...will someone please step up and stomp a TEXAS SIZED mud hole in his ass out in the parking lot for me?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Diesel_Maximus_2992:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Diesel_Maximus_2992:

I second this motion....
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By BladedRonin:

Yeah, no.   Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that makes you stand out as a 2A person!!!

View All Quotes

***SNIP***

***SNIP***

I wouldn't.

What about one of these lapel pins?

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Beach:
I can't be there but will someone do me a favor...if some fool shows his ass and hurts our side of this...will someone please step up and stomp a TEXAS SIZED mud hole in his ass out in the parking lot for me?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Good luck to the 2nd Amendment and the brave men representing it tomorrow.

During the Google vs Sun arguments, there were tweets as well as websites posting from the courtroom.  Is that normal and is there any chance of it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 07yzryder:
HOpe all is going in our favor. And i hope the gun owners understand how important it is to be professional in this setting. This is a battle to prove WE the people who own guns are your neighbors, your bank teller, the gal you strike a random convo with waiting for a table at your favorite restaurant.

Best of luck during this and i hope the court is packed with professionals and the antis show their true colors and make a fool of themselves.  
View Quote

Meanwhile, just pray to God that Snowboots and Fatty don't show up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#43]

http://www.allprofitallfree.com/lapel-pin.jpg

View All Quotes

***SNIP***
***SNIP***

I wouldn't.

I can assure you that lapel pins are not appropriate, and they will accomplish nothing good whatsoever.  I have never seen a lapel pin, novelty tie, funny belt buckle, etc in a federal courtroom, at least worn by anyone that wanted to help their side.

Go read this:  http://baconlawfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Dress-and-Attire-Guidelines-2014-new-3.pdf

Note that they specifically disallow any clothing that "attempts to display any message relating to any pending case or class of cases".   IMHO, that covers any pin, tie, etc that you think supports Nolo, or would let another arfcomer find you in the crowd.

Anyway, that dress code is the absolute minimum standards, and we should be striving that anyone in that courtroom looks like an attorney ready to make an appearance.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#46]
good luck and God speed good sir.

I hope to see this open the floodgates to a repeal of all infringements upon our God given rights and pave the way for an america for our children that was the true vision of our founding fathers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:23:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Target556x45mm] [#47]
Give em hell Nolo, and give us happy switches.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Target556x45mm:
Give em hell Nolo, and give us happy switches.
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#49]

I can assure you that lapel pins are not appropriate, and they will accomplish nothing good whatsoever.  I have never seen a lapel pin, novelty tie, funny belt buckle, etc in a federal courtroom, at least worn by anyone that wanted to help their side.

Go read this:  http://baconlawfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Dress-and-Attire-Guidelines-2014-new-3.pdf

Note that they specifically disallow any clothing that "attempts to display any message relating to any pending case or class of cases".   IMHO, that covers any pin, tie, etc that you think supports Nolo, or would let another arfcomer find you in the crowd.

Anyway, that dress code is the absolute minimum standards, and we should be striving that anyone in that courtroom looks like an attorney ready to make an appearance.

View All Quotes

After seeing the type of people that walk into jury duty I never would have thought that federal would be so restrictive. It's hard to see an American Flag pin being viewed as biased but in this day and age I wouldn't be surprised.

Guess it's better just to play it safe.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I would hope this applies to people thinking of dressing up as a founding father. We don't need a Ben Franklin look-alike in the court.
Page / 224
Top Top