Page / 224
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 12 of epicness is mine!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sneaky_Payload:

They won't help with it because it will bottom out their market also...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sneaky_Payload:
Originally Posted By mancow:
Originally Posted By KeithC:
Originally Posted By usjet:
$50k isn't even going to cover printing, postage and coffee before this is over........

Then we will donate more.  And I will get a second job.

Now WHAT ABOUT THE FIREARMS CORPORATIONS? They should be pouring money at this.

They won't help with it because it will bottom out their market also...

I don't see how that could be.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Undefined:

Is that what you need:

Case 3:14-cv-03872-M
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LuxorDeathbed:
I work in legal "areas" per say and occasionally have to breeze over court docs.  Understanding how court works, this is going to be epic reading/following.  I need to learn the case numbers and court online look up to follow them...

Is that what you need:

Had that much figured out when I read the entire thing at lunch.  I was giggling like a school girl.  I think I had other people wondering.  What I need to find is the online website lookup to see progress, motions filed, etc.  Maybe try tomorrow or pretty sure someone will post something.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:43:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LuckyDucky] [#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
In honor of the OP, changed my user title.

"Shall not be infringed."
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Presiding Judge: Barbara M.G. Lynn

Clinton nominee, if that a concern?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I know this has been discussed, but I am wondering what Nolo would have to say. I am excited at this case and donated early on, but have slight hesitations.

What is the chance that they not only keep the tax, but increase it to keep up with inflation?

Also, could they rule against trusts owning NFA items, and therefore remove the option of using a trust to get around CLEO signoff and finger prints?

I had no idea about the ruling allowing citizens to own common weapons. My little brother is in law school and has been explaining some things to me about how federal law works vs district rulings. Essentially, from what I understand, the federal law is somewhat vague and district rulings clarify this further in a case by case basis. Those rulings can dictate further rulings. But it seems from what I read in the complaint that these groundbreaking rulings have been totally disregarded as the ATF essentially continues to do what they want.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dvorak:

View Quote

Yeah, what is known about this lady?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmm two extra placeholders... Wonder what those could be for....  

Nolo can you please add the donation link to the OP? Hard to hunt through the thread for it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wmjlar15] [#10]
Congrats Nolo on this awesome file I read through it all and it seems you have them by the ....  I seen you quoted the Rock Island case in the suit does that mean NFA tax is unconstitutional in IL?  Also IL state law does state only persons are include in the MG portion of the states unconstitutional law.  I believe it would exempt trust's and I filed for to in early Sept. and was disapproved.  Either way can't wait for the outcome.  Thanks for all that you have done on case 1 and shedding light on our government's over steps.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#11]
so much a tag
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Donated a little bit for now.  Next payday I'll be able to contribute a more significant amount.

This shit is fucking awesome!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Well done!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Just sent another $100.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Barbara Machine Gun Lynn

she is already destined to be associated with bringing down the NFA
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Had that much figured out when I read the entire thing at lunch.  I was giggling like a school girl.  I think I had other people wondering.  What I need to find is the online website lookup to see progress, motions filed, etc.  Maybe try tomorrow or pretty sure someone will post something.
View All Quotes
I work in legal "areas" per say and occasionally have to breeze over court docs.  Understanding how court works, this is going to be epic reading/following.  I need to learn the case numbers and court online look up to follow them...

Is that what you need:

https://www.pacer.gov/
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By danpass:

Barbara Machine Gun Lynn

View All Quotes

Barbara Machine Gun Lynn

I saw that and thought the exact same thing
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Shoulder_Buster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shoulder_Buster:

Barbara Machine Gun Lynn

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#19]
In for the win.!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LTCetme:
In for the win.!
View Quote

Give them hell Nolo!

And I'll give more funds as I can.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Best of luck
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Tag get em
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Another prayer for Nolo, plaintiff, and the rest involved. Lord may they be uplifted to have the fortitude to see this through, blessed with the funds to see this through, and graced with the strategy and arguments to see this through. I ask this not for myself, and gladly surrender any opportunity to own a machine gun for myself, if for only the right to be available for my countrymen to own them. Amen.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MattR:
I know this has been discussed, but I am wondering what Nolo would have to say. I am excited at this case and donated early on, but have slight hesitations.

What is the chance that they not only keep the tax, but increase it to keep up with inflation?

Also, could they rule against trusts owning NFA items, and therefore remove the option of using a trust to get around CLEO signoff and finger prints?

I had no idea about the ruling allowing citizens to own common weapons. My little brother is in law school and has been explaining some things to me about how federal law works vs district rulings. Essentially, from what I understand, the federal law is somewhat vague and district rulings clarify this further in a case by case basis. Those rulings can dictate further rulings. But it seems from what I read in the complaint that these groundbreaking rulings have been totally disregarded as the ATF essentially continues to do what they want.
View Quote

A court can't increase the tax on their own, and neither can ATF. - would require congressional action.  As with all 2A issues, it should be DOA in a Republican House.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By krpind:
I know that the guy's name is out there, but y'all don't post stuff with his contact info please.

There are people who are not as excited about this as us. Think about that and be careful. If you know people at sites that are posting that stuff, ask their mods to remove it too. People are crazy. Don't make it easy for them to harass this man.
View Quote

Is it acceptable to use the plaintiffs name (Mr. X)?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#27]
+1. No reason to make it harder on him than this will already be.

And... TAG!  

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#31]
IN!

and yall damn well know that the manufacturers are watching this like hawks, possibly getting those dirty little thoughts in their heads
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#32]
In at last - read every post so far.

Even if this wins it causes other problems. Example in Colorado a MG, or suppressor is a dangerous weapon and illegal under state law, however it is an affirmative defense that the item in question is duly registered as a NFA item.

So no new NFA paperwork means no more get out of jail free passes for new owners of NFA class firearms.

Over haul the NFA as butchered by the GCA-68, sure! Change the status of a suppressor, from firearm to AOW, and also move SBS and SBR to AOW. Remove the whole DD section as that was all garbage added in the 60's

Return NFA to revenue tax status, as in you pay your tax at point of purchase and your stamp is sent out the same day the paperwork is received (and if done online, that means you could print your stamp receipt on the spot) what ever "Brady Check" system in place in your state should be acceptable. A gun is a gun is a gun.

I once read a reverse 2A - "The Government may not purchase, posses, issue or in any way use any firearm, ammunition or personal weapons system not available on the open market to all citizens."

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#33]
In from CA. Here's to hoping for the best.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#34]
I know that the guy's name is out there, but y'all don't post stuff with his contact info please.

There are people who are not as excited about this as us. Think about that and be careful. If you know people at sites that are posting that stuff, ask their mods to remove it too. People are crazy. Don't make it easy for them to harass this man.
View Quote

I think it is better that we all know his name and that it is out there.  If we did not know it the enemies of freedom could easily snuff him out without our knowledge.  

I for one am not going to be happy if my friend has some issues.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:15:42 AM EDT
[#35]
All firearms and ammunition are taxed.

At the time (1934) it was hard to conceive firearms prices over $200 so an NFA tax of $200 was more than 100% of the sale price of most guns.

I way be rusty, but IIRC the NFA tax trumps the normal Excise tax...

So - In theory Barrett could sell a SBR version of its rifle cheaper than the standard length model... At least from a tax perspective...

Anyway back to the fight at hand.

Nolo - may the FEDS offer No Contest. (Sorry bad reverse pun, couldn't help myself, just had to do it.)
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Subscribed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:28:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:31:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eagle34] [#38]
If the gun control fight were to be described as decades of trench warfare, this is equivalent of launching the Enola Gay on a course for the enemy's capital.

The depth of my pleasure and satisfaction at being a tiny part of this is beyond my ability to express in words. I can only smile and remind myself that someday I will tell the tale to my son and his sons.
View Quote

This right here.

I am proud to say that I have shook the hand of the man that is bringing the fight to the man.  

BTW Nolo, do you have a favorite flavor of cigar, I'll stop (you know where) on my way home and pick up a few for you.    Even hand deliver them to you.  

Keep fighting the good fight brother.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#39]
In. So in. And I'm late to the party. I read the entire document. Sent links to a bunch of people. Thank you for your hard work, Nolo. Will donate next pay period.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:49:02 AM EDT
[#40]

This isn't something up for debate. By rule, we don't allow the posting of any individual's address.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I think it is better that we all know his name and that it is out there.  If we did not know it the enemies of freedom could easily snuff him out without our knowledge.  

I for one am not going to be happy if my friend has some issues.

This isn't something up for debate. By rule, we don't allow the posting of any individual's address.

5) Posting of someone else's personal contact information (home phone numbers, home addresses, unpublished e-mail addresses, and the like). This includes information obtained through WHOIS searches,etc.

Rules.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:49:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Keep up the good work Nolo.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:09:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:26:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Are you drunk?  Yes

Do you understand that they posted his home address? No

Are you really arguing that that is appropriate? No

That wouldn't be allowed by a rule that existed for almost a decade before you even joined ARFCOM, even for someone who was suing to get guns banned.
View All Quotes

Rules.

Are you drunk?  Yes

Do you understand that they posted his home address? No

Are you really arguing that that is appropriate? No

That wouldn't be allowed by a rule that existed for almost a decade before you even joined ARFCOM, even for someone who was suing to get guns banned.

You need sarcasm meter checked.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:50:30 AM EDT
[#44]

That is pretty messed up, as it was Ronnie that signed Hughes into law.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:54:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

View All Quotes

He got banned, Bro.  So fuck him.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:14:52 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Ronnie not Donny.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:16:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Shit...in on 12 I guess. Missed this one
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#48]
I got fifty on it....
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#49]
You'd get more traffic if you mentioned new MGs in the title.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Certified mail went out today with copies of the complaint and summons to B Todd Jones and Eric H. Holder, Jr.
View Quote

Page / 224
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top