BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is no humor there whasoever. They're an angry, bitter bunch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why don't you go to Free Republic, where anyone who isn't absolutely lockstep bubble chamber is deep sixed?

Do they have lulz though?

Sounds pretty serious, probably not.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

There is no humor there whasoever. They're an angry, bitter bunch.

Worse than this place?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Anyone care to explain how fucking DOPE got made into some kind of freedom metric?

Gets tiring hearing about pot all the time here.

Last time I checked, it doesn't say "hightimes.com" in the address bar.

Nick

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
OP is actually right.

This place is filled with anti-freedom mobys.

Are you talking about all those pro War on Drugs guys?

Anyone care to explain how fucking DOPE got made into some kind of freedom metric?

Gets tiring hearing about pot all the time here.

Last time I checked, it doesn't say "hightimes.com" in the address bar.

Nick

Yeah, well, it doesn't say "deranged Republican circle-derp" either.  God forbid anyone discuss ARs or firearms.  Now excuse me while I get back to the thread "26 Ways You Can Tell Fartbama Is a Secret Mooslim"
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
it says "AR15.FUCKING.com"

2012:
Heres a great idea. Let's rally around a guy that says none of us have a right to own these!

(Arfcom conservatives in a nutshell)
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

2012:
Heres a great idea. Let's rally around a guy that says none of us have a right to own these!

View Quote

We are so much better off right now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2012:

From a 2A standpoint, aren't we?  The only reason we are not all criminals in this post-Sandy world is because of the (R) hard-Obama stance.

I voted for Romney because I sincerely believe in his economic chops, but his administration would have let a whole bunch of gun regulations through without a fight.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From a 2A standpoint, aren't we?  The only reason we are not all criminals in this post-Sandy world is because of the (R) hard-Obama stance.

I voted for Romney because I sincerely believe in his economic chops, but his administration would have let a whole bunch of gun regulations through without a fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2012:

Sorry, don't see it.  Obama made it an administration priority, and still failed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh, It's been worse.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where would these gun regulations have come from?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sorry, don't see it.  Obama made it an administration priority, and still failed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2012:

Because the Republicans fought him, which they did because he was a Democrat.

Kind of like why Republicans voted in Medicare Part D for Bush, but got their dander up over Obamacare. Socialized medicine is bad, unless a Republican is doing it. I'd bet gun control would be about the same.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Had Romney won, they would have made compromises and reached across the aisle.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only for "common sense" stuff like mag limits, assault weapons, registration,  etc.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm pretty sure that most of the Mobys simply changed their tactics to trolling the folks with Libertarian leanings. Takes a little bit longer to out them, but the effect is the same. Causes strife and internal division.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any way we can clean out these trolls or marginalize them to make this place for true enthusiasts?
View Quote

Use it. It will improve your browsing experience here.

Just wish ignored users wouldn't show up in quotes.

As a side note, interesting how many on my list are in this thread.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Only for "common sense" stuff like mag limits, assault weapons, registration,  etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Overall, agreed. These things (and more) probably would have come to pass Nationally under a Romney led Administration. See Massachusetts regs as they are self-evident.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Kind of like why Republicans voted in Medicare Part D for Bush, but got their dander up over Obamacare. Socialized medicine is bad, unless a Republican is doing it. I'd bet gun control would be about the same.
View Quote

Or you can just look at the voting records of congress wrt gun control
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Overall, agreed. These things (and more) probably would have come to pass Nationally under a Romney led Administration. See Massachusetts regs as they are self-evident.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did the Massachussetts legislature look like that passed those laws?

What's self evident is you are talking out of your ass.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Remember the good old days when being conservative meant picking on Dukakis for his furlough program?

Nowadays, derpers on the internet apparently think unless you want to let William Horton buy a gun, you are a "Moby."

That goes for people who don't wear Carhartt to work, who live closer than 1 mile from their nearest neighbor, who desire to learn new things, who don't think Obama is the secret leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, who actually apply a modicum of independent thought to the never-ending stream of derp posted from sites like Breitbart or "Top Right News," or any number of things that those who have gone off the derp end associate with "liberalism" these days.

This thread says everything about the state of this board lately: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1665083_I_m_shocked___2x4_s_aren_t_2x4_.html&page=1  I almost felt bad for Subnet in there.  I'm sure some think he's a "Moby" though.  Caring about reality and facts as opposed to going off halfcocked is a "Leftist."  

In before Aiden calls me a Moby again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao leftist gun control? You think restricting felons is the most egregious gun control measure in the US.  That is pretty fucked up considering our current restrictions, and I clearly stated my position that any gun control no matter how benign against the law abiding citizenry is much worse than the most draconian measures against felons.  If your really believe that than you have bought hook, line, and sinker the increasing leftist narrative in the county that actions should not have consequences, and the abandonment of personal responsibility.  You simply don't have a clue how anything works regarding the realities of the legal system,  and you argue fantasy positions that will never happen.  So yea, that sounds pretty leftist, or more likely just incredibly naive in your case.  Never thought I would see someone essentially argue that the restrictions on felons should be lifted before the machine gun ban.

Remember the good old days when being conservative meant picking on Dukakis for his furlough program?

Nowadays, derpers on the internet apparently think unless you want to let William Horton buy a gun, you are a "Moby."

That goes for people who don't wear Carhartt to work, who live closer than 1 mile from their nearest neighbor, who desire to learn new things, who don't think Obama is the secret leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, who actually apply a modicum of independent thought to the never-ending stream of derp posted from sites like Breitbart or "Top Right News," or any number of things that those who have gone off the derp end associate with "liberalism" these days.

This thread says everything about the state of this board lately: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1665083_I_m_shocked___2x4_s_aren_t_2x4_.html&page=1  I almost felt bad for Subnet in there.  I'm sure some think he's a "Moby" though.  Caring about reality and facts as opposed to going off halfcocked is a "Leftist."  

In before Aiden calls me a Moby again.

This.  Except that O is the leader of ISIS, not the brotherhood.  duh
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or you can just look at the voting records of Congress when it comes to legislation being put forward by a President of their own party.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your contention is that a Republican House and Senate would have stood up to President Romney on principle? Just like they stood up to Bush, amirite?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me help you guys out:

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Or you can just look at the voting records of Congress when it comes to legislation being put forward by a President of their own party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I do. Bush (as the Moby's here are fond or saying) was a foaming at the mouth gun grabber who spent eight years screaming for an AWB renewal, and his own republican congress rejected his "demands".

That's called history.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are those restrictions in place in Massachusetts? Yes. Were they in effect in part or in whole during his tenure? Yes. Had Romney place any concerted effort to have them repealed? Yes? NO...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Are those restrictions in place in Massachusetts? Yes. Were they in effect in part or in whole during his tenure? Yes. Had Romney place any concerted effort to have them repealed? Yes? NO...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just avoid reality if you'd like... that does explain your politics.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, I do. Bush (as the Moby's here are fond or saying) was a foaming at the mouth gun grabber who spent eight years screaming for an AWB renewal, and his own republican congress rejected his "demands".

That's called history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's called history.

That was sarcasm, right?  Tell me that was sarcasm please.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's called history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's called history.

I have many criticisms of Bush, but he wasn't anti the way Romney is (not to mention that asshat McCain) and we both know it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have many criticisms of Bush, but he wasn't anti the way Romney is (not to mention that asshat McCain) and we both know it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's called history.

We're talking about what congress will do. Based on their history, Congress will not suddenly support gun control because the republican president (allegedly) wants it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Yep
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just avoid reality if you'd like... that does explain your politics.
View Quote

WTF kind of response is that? You've said nothing. Please, explain yourself.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We're talking about what congress will do. Based on their history, Congress will not suddenly support gun control because the republican president (allegedly) wants it.
View Quote

Just like they wouldn't support socialized medicine? Or, on the other side, how Democrats wouldn't support invading a Middle Eastern country?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

The political geniuses here want it both ways. They insist Bush was a gun grabber, they insist congress will do whatever the republican president wants, yet it didn't happen under Bush, and it wouldn't happen under Romney.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

The political geniuses here want it both ways. They insist Bush was a gun grabber, they insist congress will do whatever the republican president wants, yet it didn't happen under Bush, and it wouldn't happen under Romney.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

Ok, thanks

You had me worried for a minute, Joe
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just like they wouldn't support socialized medicine? Or, on the other side, how Democrats wouldn't support invading a Middle Eastern country?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have a half-century of gun control votes to look at, and a crystal-clear recent example with The Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We have a half-century of gun control votes to look at, and a crystal-clear recent example with The Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These guys are at best ex-democrats who vote libertarian.

It is quite obvious.

I wonder how they would rationalize Bush's nominations of Roberts and Alito..............who helped win Heller and McDonald for us?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

I've not seen all of these rampant claims that Bush was a gun grabber, smells like a strawman to me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Passed under Bush, not really relevant to the discussion. We don't really have an example of what happens when a Republican potus with a Republican House and Senate wants gun control. We do have an example of that scenario and socialized medicine though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've not seen all of these rampant claims that Bush was a gun grabber, smells like a strawman to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

You might read this page of posts again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It is quite obvious.

I wonder how they would rationalize Bush's nominations of Roberts and Alito..............who helped win Heller and McDonald for us?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is quite obvious.

"These guys"? lol

You're cute. Not too bright, but cute.

So how do you think President McCain (who has repeatedly voted for gun control measures) would have been on gun rights?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"These guys"? lol

So how do you think President McCain (who has repeatedly voted for gun control measures) would have been on gun rights?
View Quote

He's an asshole but he would have been so much better than Obongo that only an idiot would say otherwise.

Plus only an idiot would suggest that his SCOTUS picks would have been along the lines of Sotomayor and Kagan.

Look, why don't you at least admit that you would vote democrat if there was no libertarian party?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: center;']

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: center;']
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

Please link to the posts saying that Bush (not Romney or McCain) was a gun grabber who pushed anti-2A legislation.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

I see it every time his name is mentioned. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Polly want a fuckin' cracker....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Passed under Bush, not really relevant to the discussion. We don't really have an example of what happens when a Republican potus with a Republican House and Senate wants gun control. We do have an example of that scenario and socialized medicine though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horseshit. You kids keep insisting a republican congress will cave to a republican president and it didn't fucking happen when we had a republican president and republican congress.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Please link to the posts saying that Bush (not Romney or McCain) was a gun grabber who pushed anti-2A legislation.
View Quote

You are right........on this page it was Romney being discussed.

Other threads for a long time have had members saying Bush was for the AWB.  This has been said numerous times.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

He's an asshole but he would have been so much better than Obongo that only an idiot would say otherwise.

Plus only an idiot would suggest that his SCOTUS picks would have been along the lines of Sotomayor and Kagan.

Look, why don't you at least admit that you would vote democrat if there was no libertarian party?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"These guys"? lol

Lol

I've never voted for a libertarian for anything, I voted for Bush twice, and I even voted for Romney although admittedly that was knowing he'd lose my state and just trying to up his numbers as a way to communicate that there are non-liberal people in WA to our local folks. I admit I didn't vote for anyone for potus when McCain was on the ballot, I lived with that fucker all my life in AZ and I'll never vote for him for anything.

But I guess refusing to suck the dick of anyone who has an R by their name (no matter how much of a gun grabbing socialist they are) just makes me an eeeevvvvvvviiiiiilllllllll liberaltarian amirite? Most important election ever!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I see it every time his name is mentioned. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Bush said he was going to sign a ban renewal. Polly want a fuckin' cracker....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm on my end, yes.

So, that'd be a no then?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Moby:  "An insidious and specialized type of left-wing troll who visits blogs and impersonates a conservative for the purpose of either spreading false rumors intended to sow dissension among conservative voters, or who purposely posts inflammatory and offensive comments for the purpose of discrediting the blog in question."

Pic is of an artist with the same name.  Now you know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
in before the butt hurt

I have no idea whats going on.

Moby:  "An insidious and specialized type of left-wing troll who visits blogs and impersonates a conservative for the purpose of either spreading false rumors intended to sow dissension among conservative voters, or who purposely posts inflammatory and offensive comments for the purpose of discrediting the blog in question."

Pic is of an artist with the same name.  Now you know.

In that case, yes there is.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lol

I've never voted for a libertarian for anything, I voted for Bush twice, and I even voted for Romney although admittedly that was knowing he'd lose my state and just trying to up his numbers as a way to communicate that there are non-liberal people in WA to our local folks. I admit I didn't vote for anyone for potus when McCain was on the ballot, I lived with that fucker all my life in AZ and I'll never vote for him for anything.

But I guess refusing to suck the dick of anyone who has an R by their name (no matter how much of a gun grabbing socialist they are) just makes me an eeeevvvvvvviiiiiilllllllll liberaltarian amirite? Most important election ever!
View Quote

I am sorry, I don't believe you.

Romney and McCain would have been so much better than Obongo that even though they are far from perfect it isn't even close.

The flavor of your posts appear otherwise to me.

Maybe I am wrong but.............oh well, maybe I am wrong.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Horseshit. You kids keep insisting a republican congress will cave to a republican president and it didn't fucking happen when we had a republican president and republican congress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A republican congress caved to a republican president on Medicare Part D and No Child Left Behind, did it not? I can't point to where they caved to Bush on gun control because Bush never pushed for it. Unlike say, a President McCain would have.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Other threads for a long time have had members saying Bush was for the AWB.  This has been said numerous times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you mean it had members quoting Bush saying he was for an AWB, which he did in fact say.

All that shows is people not accepting that if a politician moves his lips he's probably lying. Nothing in Bush' actions point to anti-2A, unlike McCain or Romney.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Romney and McCain would have been so much better than Obongo that even though they are far from perfect it isn't even close.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch innit? Hard to maintain that worldview of "Everyone who disagrees with me must just be a liberal" in the face of contradictory evidence.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top