User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/30/2014 2:07:18 PM EDT
High quality, durable and modular is preferred.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to add more details--price range, high chest/low chest, plate carrier, and required/desired features (drag handle, rifle/pistol setup).
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
With Bib?
Ability to carry plate?
Eagle Rhodesian chest rig.

Else wise go with Tactailor MAV. For money is best.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Haley D3
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Haley D3
View Quote
Second the D3. Love mine. Swaps from standalone to PC mounted and back in minutes.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Brand new account.  Two posts.  Says "Recommend me.."
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Second the D3. Love mine. Swaps from standalone to PC mounted and back in minutes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haley D3

This with all components.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haley D3

Yep I wore mine outside of my PC in afghany land it was awesome. Hands down the best one I have owned. And I have had a lot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Haley D3
View Quote

That's what I'd get if I was in the market for more gear.

As it stands, the 2 PCs I already have are stuck in the back of the closet next to the gimp suit, ball gag and 1840's bomber goggles.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]
$179 is a damn good price for that too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

As it stands, the 2 PCs I already have are stuck in the back of the closet next to the gimp suit, ball gag and 1840's bomber goggles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Haley D3

They had bombers in 1840?!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

$179 is a damn good price for that too.
View Quote
Yeah it is...especially with the pouches it comes with.

But judging from the pics, I'm not nearly HSLD enough to wear it

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haley D3

They were made out of brass and ran on steam.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw one on sale in that London Bridge Trading Co thread yesterday . . . I know nothing about them , just a heads up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#15]
redacted due to recent developments.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Haley D3
View Quote
Any reason it is better than a stand alone PC and a battle belt for a civi?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haley D3

It is REALLY compact and comes set up just about perfectly especially if you have a rifle and a sidearm.  After wearing "battle belts" in combat I HATE battle belts period. No amount of correctt under-belt/ suspenders make them worth shit when you are running around under fire IMO. They DO sag and will work loose and they never worked out with my plate carrier. That is just MY opinion however I like to have all of my shit in front of me on my chest and accessible. For civilian use It would be preference. I loved how prone it allowed me to get it is REALLY compact. Other plate carriers/chest rig combos have you doing the seal while in the prone and make you sit up way to high this one allows you to keep a low profile which is always good.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#18]
http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-374283588/fordsvtfan/photos

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#19]
LBT has some on sale right now.  I haven't used them but LBT makes good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting development... In that case this is what you seek.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Good stuff made by good people (arfcommers too)... click
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It is REALLY compact and comes set up just about perfectly especially if you have a rifle and a sidearm.  After wearing "battle belts" in combat I HATE battle belts period. No amount of correctt under-belt/ suspenders make them worth shit when you are running around under fire IMO. They DO sag and will work loose and they never worked out with my plate carrier. That is just MY opinion however I like to have all of my shit in front of me on my chest and accessible. For civilian use It would be preference. I loved how prone it allowed me to get it is REALLY compact. Other plate carriers/chest rig combos have you doing the seal while in the prone and make you sit up way to high this one allows you to keep a low profile which is always good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haley D3

What PC do you use with it?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#23]
You going on a trip somewhere overseas OP?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haley D3

does it open in the middle?

I love chest rigs.  Till I have to prone.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good stuff made by good people (arfcommers too)... click
View Quote

That looks over-priced to me.

You don't have to go very far to find better designs, from proven companies, for around the same price or cheaper:  http://www.skdtac.com/Chest-Rig-s/202.htm
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the thread gets interesting.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Snackbar approved chest rig?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haley D3

I use the Eagle plate carrier I was issued with it. I also have the PIG carrier and it works well with that one.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#29]
London bridges has a nice one on sale as of last night anyways for $60
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haley D3

This!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Haley D3
View Quote

Perfect recommendation for what I was looking for. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haley D3

It doesn't open in the middle BUT if using on a chest rig IT has quick release buckles and you can have it off in 10 seconds or less easy. However even loaded with mags the thing is absolutely flat this is the ONLY rig I have ever been able to comfortably lay prone while wearing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The intensity of this thread just went up a couple of notches.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's been my issue. Mostly predator hunting and general perimeter security (yes, I know it sounds tactisexual but it is that bad). Going prone means deciding what items become impossible to reach. Battle belt with a prone focus makes reaching calls, mags, and lights as easy as reaching behind you or to the side.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's been my issue. Mostly predator hunting and general perimeter security (yes, I know it sounds tactisexual but it is that bad). Going prone means deciding what items become impossible to reach. Battle belt with a prone focus makes reaching calls, mags, and lights as easy as reaching behind you or to the side.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get me  wrong battle belts have their place they just don't work for ME. I have buddies who use and swear by them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Don't get me  wrong battle belts have their place they just don't work for ME. I have buddies who use and swear by them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't like battle belts either.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it the weight distribution, the increased possibility of snagging on something, or that stuff bounces around when you run after it loosens up or you sweat off 8 pounds?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

http://galleryplus.ebayimg.com/ws/web/231303416691_1_0_1/1000x1000.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or this...

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Is it the weight distribution, the increased possibility of snagging on something, or that stuff bounces around when you run after it loosens up or you sweat off 8 pounds?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of the weight distribution mostly the .mil type plate carriers we are issued. They ride alot lower than one I would buy personally ( like my PIG which rides higher). So the top of the belt always rubbed the bottom of my PC. And if I put mags on the belt or anything if I turned my torso side to side it would snag up. I can wear one just fine with my PIG since there is about a 3-4'' gap between my belt line and the bottom of the PC as to where my mil vest went all the way to my belt line.  Again its more preference than anything. Also if you have to take a hasty shit while on patrol its something you have to dick around and take off while you shit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Sort of the weight distribution mostly the .mil type plate carriers we are issued. They ride alot lower than one I would buy personally ( like my PIG which rides higher). So the top of the belt always rubbed the bottom of my PC. And if I put mags on the belt or anything if I turned my torso side to side it would snag up. I can wear one just fine with my PIG since there is about a 3-4'' gap between my belt line and the bottom of the PC as to where my mil vest went all the way to my belt line.  Again its more preference than anything. Also if you have to take a hasty shit while on patrol its something you have to dick around and take off while you shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can hike mine up and drop trou just fine. Of course I say that now and maybe in the future I'll have a "I just accidentally took a shit on my gear" thread.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or this...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Suicide_Bomb_Vest.png

snicker
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#44]
In the pictures on the website, there are two pistols tucked in the back. Is there a holster back there?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

OP is a snackbar!?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is a snackbar!?

Snackbar it looks like yeah. can't spell "coal", improper use of memes, doesn't know the difference between a tampon and a pad, hates Chevy, thinks Netanyahu is Hitler and is now asking GD about a plate carrier.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

snicker
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or this...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Suicide_Bomb_Vest.png

snicker

I hear you can buy Snickers at Snack Bars.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Go get an LBV at your local surplus store. You'll use it just as much as the expensive cool guy rigs that sit permanently on a wall hanger in all of GDs' houses but you'll save yourself hundreds of dollars.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Friend of RebelGray?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Go get an LBV at your local surplus store. You'll use it just as much as the expensive cool guy rigs that sit permanently on a wall hanger in all of GDs' houses but you'll save yourself hundreds of dollars.
View Quote

Bro! Do you even operate?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top