Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a French Press and be done with it.

In away I feel sorry for some of you because you won't be able to brew coffee when the electricity is cut after the zombies attack. Then again, I'll be the sole supplier of brewed coffee in my AO and a Warlord with an army of caffeine addicts at my disposal.

View Quote

French press is the best way.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife bought the 550 model 2.0 a few days ago. Cut & paste for the win. The wife originally cut a section of the top off that had the markings on it and placed it at 9:00 o'clock on the generic lid. worked like a charm, took about 30 seconds to do.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Stupid iPhone of mine only lets me get apps from Apple store.  I am sooooo mad,  don't they know this will absolutely ruin their business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Stupid iPhone of mine only lets me get apps from Apple store.  I am sooooo mad,  don't they know this will absolutely ruin their business.

This isn't true.

Quoted:
See my post.  The 2.0 machine will work with every "Keurig Brewed" cup that's out there.  Even the ones that were out before the 2.0 was introduced.

This isn't true either.  They have to be made compatible with the 2.0 ones. Old Keurig K-cups won't work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Cappuccino>coffee
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This isn't true.

This isn't true either.  They have to be made compatible with the 2.0 ones. Old Keurig K-cups won't work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't true.

Quoted:
See my post.  The 2.0 machine will work with every "Keurig Brewed" cup that's out there.  Even the ones that were out before the 2.0 was introduced.

lol your post is so contradictory
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm waiting for the "AVERY" LABEL template to make your own Keurig compatable/DRM compliant lables.  Print, peal, and stick......

What do you think???

Actually, I think you only need to use a small piece, just where the sensor is....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get a French Press and be done with it.

In away I feel sorry for some of you because you won't be able to brew coffee when the electricity is cut after the zombies attack. Then again, I'll be the sole supplier of brewed coffee in my AO and a Warlord with an army of caffeine addicts at my disposal.

View Quote

yep...never understood why people didnt just always use a french press....seems way easier than every other coffee making method
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Keurig, Ha!

+

=

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:25:37 AM EDT
[#10]
DRM for a coffee maker?

A coffee maker?

That's just stupid.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:32:33 AM EDT
[#11]
WOW
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#12]
After doing some reading, they started the DRM because the patent on the K cup expired just over two years ago. I recall there being tons of new options around that time, so it all makes sense.
Basically, it is Their attempt to keep a hold on the market and lock competitiors out. No worries though as their will be other companies that will make machines with no DRM that, chances are, work better anyway.

They need to adapt or die.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's one of the shittiest DRMs I've ever seen implemented. Pretty much on the level of the early "copy protected" floppies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

DRM on a fucking coffee maker. Now I've seen everything. Well, almost everything.

It's one of the shittiest DRMs I've ever seen implemented. Pretty much on the level of the early "copy protected" floppies.

They couldn't do something that would make billions of existing K-cups useless.  Give it time. They'll start chipping their cups like printer manufactures do to ink cartridges.

That is if they don't go bankrupt because of consumer backlash.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

After doing some reading, they started the DRM because the patent on the K cup expired just over two years ago. I recall there being tons of new options around that time, so it all makes sense.

Basically, it is Their attempt to keep a hold on the market and lock competitiors out. No worries though as their will be other companies that will make machines with no DRM that, chances are, work better anyway.

They need to adapt or die.
View Quote

I believe they've chosen to die.   It all depends on whether they change course.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Puerto Rican coffee FTMFW!

One of my guys had some sent out to us while we were deployed...best stuff ever!

That being said, the Keureg that I just bought a couple months ago doesn't have DRM...

ETA- didn't buy the 2.0...fortunately.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

THEIR PRODUCT THEIR RULES
View Quote

Very true.  They own the patent on the K-cup though right?

That's what I think is sort of funny... they obviously licensed it out, and now they are upset that it's the "standard" and other manufacturers are beating them out with better cheaper coffee.

I don't think it will last long though, as word gets out they are going to see a sharp decrease in sales and we'll likely see cheap hacks for it that permanently disable it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Nesspresso FTW!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's what I think is sort of funny... they obviously licensed it out, and now they are upset that it's the "standard" and other manufacturers are beating them out with better cheaper coffee.

I don't think it will last long though, as word gets out they are going to see a sharp decrease in sales and we'll likely see cheap hacks for it that permanently disable it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THEIR PRODUCT THEIR RULES

The Patent expired Sept. 2012, it was granted in the 1990s.

This is just an attempt by Green Mountain Coffee to keep control on the market, pure and simple. I read a bunch of reviews on Amazon about the 2.0, and they are overwhelmingly negative. People are sending them back left and right because their new system won't brew their old K cups and they can't use the My K cup basket. Yes, it is easy to defeat, but people are pissed on principle. And, BTW, when the new 2.0 came out, they raised their prices 10% or so, pushing the prices up to the "I don't think so" levels.

There are other companies that make K cup brewers, so we should see Keurig/Green Mountain Coffee take a BIG hit in the coming months/years.  As I mentioned before : Adapt or die.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Keurig 2.0DRM = New Coke

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have the Cuisinart.  It's excellent, and I like it much better than the Keurig it replaced.
More options, seems better made, and quieter when it recycles after a brew.
It is in my office breakroom, going strong after 3 years of multiple daily uses.

EDIT:  this one, the SS-700
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A member here did a hack by cutting the scanned portion of the cup off an "official" k-cup and pasting it over the DRM-scanning eye.  Pretty nice workaround.  (Coffee wants to be free!  )

Yeah, I don't want to mess with that.  Fuck Keurig for this bullshit, I won't buy shit from them again.

Several other manufacturers make kcup coffee makers.

That's what I was asking, what are some good ones?

I have the Cuisinart.  It's excellent, and I like it much better than the Keurig it replaced.
More options, seems better made, and quieter when it recycles after a brew.
It is in my office breakroom, going strong after 3 years of multiple daily uses.

EDIT:  this one, the SS-700

I ordered that one from Amazon after reading all the reviews, thanks for the recommendation.  Will post a review after I get it.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top