Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All I know about the eastern front I learned from Hogan's Heroes and Squad Leader

(ok not really)  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you know anything about the author? This is published under a fake name and we've seen WWII stuff here before that ended up being BS, the Nazis in Vietnam book, the guy who escaped from a Soviet gulag (that one was a movie) who met the abominable snow man etc  

I didn't find much out about it on google.

Yes its all covered in the preface of the book. it talks about why its under a pseudonym and that if one wanted to they could find his real name fairly easy since it also contains photos of him during the war and in POW camps. Its interesting because of when it was written and I know there are plenty of questionable and fake accounts out there as well. I enjoy all accounts from the Eastern Front, there are quite a few good reads out there from both sides if one takes the time to look for them.
All I know about the eastern front I learned from Hogan's Heroes and Squad Leader

(ok not really)  

You left out Rat Patrol haha. The desert is East of my location!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's a common belief held by uneducated people throughout the USA that all Germans are NAZIs.  

Example:

At the large land grant university near me the Head Chef at a dinning hall is from Germany having met his American wife and immigrated to the USA almost 20 years ago. He has a very German name, is very tall, has grey hair, and speaks with a German accent.  However, he was only about five years old when the war ended.  Each year during Octoberfest he would plan a special menu consisting of German Dishes for one day and decorate the dinning hall in a festive Octoberfest way.  Each year that is until a complaint was made with the university's "Office of Inclusion."  The German Chef had hung in the dinning hall flags with the Iron Cross on them and an African American kitchen staff member had misinterpreted it as a Swastika and filed a complaint.  It became clear to all concerned that at no point did the Chef hang any Swastika or other NAZI symbol.  However, rather than take this opportunity to educate the kitchen staff member about the Iron Cross to help "include" The German Chef's culture into the university the German Chef was given an official reprimand in his employment record by the "Office of Inclusion."  In short, the German Chef was reprimanded for displaying "hateful" symbols on university property and ordered to attend a class on how to be more culturally sensitive.  The German Chef choose not to appeal the decision or take it up with his union.  Unfortunately, he no longer puts on an Octoberfest meal or decorates the dinning hall.  However, I will point out that the entire university each year is well appointed with decorations during Kwanzaa.  

wow

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
both you guys-please stop the personal attacks.
View Quote

okey dokey
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
never seen it actually  

I guess there were ridiculously large tank battles and Stalingrad is kind of hard to get a grip on size wise
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You left out Rat Patrol haha. The desert is East of my location!
never seen it actually  

I guess there were ridiculously large tank battles and Stalingrad is kind of hard to get a grip on size wise

The scale of the conflict in the east alone is ridiculous. The amount of death and suffering is really hard to get a grasp on.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lmao, but yet you still come back. i thought ignore meant ignore, what a dufus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, you got your feelings hurt because someone (me) brought up the fact that they might have been involved in atrocities and you got butthurt...sorry don't remember you from any other threads, guess you didnt make much of an impression...

You're pretty full of yourself aren't you?
I don't think he knows how the ignore button works. Hint. I have a membership here - I can't see any of the mindless drivel you post here unless someone else quotes you.

Maybe a picture would help:

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/user/proaxe/media/fuckthisguyinparticularthough_zps94c601eb.png.html" target="_blank">http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/proaxe/fuckthisguyinparticularthough_zps94c601eb.png</a>  

lmao, but yet you still come back. i thought ignore meant ignore, what a dufus

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I personally don't harbor any ill will towards any of the Germans around today, and certainly don't associate them with the horrors perpetrated by their GOVERNMENT 70 years ago.

I view the Germans as more civilized, modern, cultured, and sophisticated than probably 90% of the world.

People need to let shit go.

To many mother fuckers try to guilt/shame the living because of the transgressions of the dead in order to promote an agenda.

View Quote
+1.  Its good to remember what happened to ensure it never happens again, but to constantly lay guilt on those who played no part in any of it is flat wrong.  So then its not at all surprising (to me anyway) when you have youth who rebel by doing exactly what they are told they are not allowed to do.  

The past is the past, learn from it.  It can't be undone.  Germans weren't the first to commit genocide, and won't be the last.  Its gone on throughout history and continues to this day.  Where's the universal overt anger toward any of the other examples?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you a range Nazi?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I never understood how the people of my ancestral homeland could allow the nazis to do what they did to the world.  
View Quote

One word: Weimar.

History has shown us that man's brutality has no limit when he is hungry and destitute.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Heard themin Arizona as a kid.

How did this stuff travel so well before the interwebbenz?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was in middle school and junior high in Germany (in a school with kids from lots of different countries) the only kids who made jokes about Jews in concentration camps, were the German kids.  

Example like :
"How did the Jews escape from the concentration camp?  Through the chimney!"

"How do you fit 24 Jews in a VW beetle?  Easy - two in the front, two in the back, and twenty in the ash tray."

I'm guessing they didn't invent those jokes - but probably heard them at home.

I heard those exact jokes as a kid in California. Shit gets around.

What I am learning in this thread is that apparently all Americans are nazis.  

Heard themin Arizona as a kid.

How did this stuff travel so well before the interwebbenz?

Those same jokes were in "Truly Tasteless Jokes" books they sold in chain book stores when I was a kid in the mid 80s.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

History has shown us that man's brutality has no limit when he is hungry and destitute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never understood how the people of my ancestral homeland could allow the nazis to do what they did to the world.  

You could actually lay some of the blame on Britain, France, and Belgium...it was the utterly CRUSHING reparations required by Versailles, that helped Catapult Germany into the depression that allowed Hitler to come to power the way he did.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
everyone remembers what the Germans did under Hitler and the Nazi party . but conveniently forget that the Russians under Stalin killed more people and committed more atrocities ...
View Quote

very true, we can discuss his murdering crimes and watch his comrades come out of the woodwork to defend him if you like...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's not what this is about, it's "The Germans in World War II were heroic Commie Fighters with A Few Bad Eggs"  
View Quote

im not seeing it.  how did you understand that "few bad eggs" to be the case?

and wbaumwhatever, please tell us your plan for reparations to descendants of the slaves here in the US?  Surely with your stance on this latest generation of germans needing to be held accountable, wouldnt slave reparations also be in order?  sometimes i just dont fucking understand this place.  

my grandmother was born/raised in italy.  im sure some of my family were WWII axis members.  I must have missed that other bad guy thread.  Where should I report to?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

and wbaumwhatever, please tell us your plan for reparations to descendants of the slaves here in the US?  Surely with your stance on this latest generation of germans needing to be held accountable, wouldnt slave reparations also be in order?  sometimes i just dont fucking understand this place.  

my grandmother was born/raised in italy.  im sure some of my family were WWII axis members.  I must have missed that other bad guy thread.  Where should I report to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's not what this is about, it's "The Germans in World War II were heroic Commie Fighters with A Few Bad Eggs"  

well, no to reparations and considering the billions and billions spent on blacks,300k plus lives lost in the civil war fighting for the union as well as the cost of that war and our changing of our constitution, i say we are quits. I won't defend slavery, pretend it didnt happen or make excuses for it and we should remember the people affected by it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Alles fur Bier und Zigaretten      
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#18]
A friend of mines Uncle was a Col in the Waffen SS.....Interesting talking to her about him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#19]
How did Hitler tie his shoe laces?

with little nazis

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

funny how these people want to block me for bringing up nazi atrocities, says more about them than me...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did you get the idea that most arfcommers think all Germans are Nazis?

From one fucking jackass in the "Bad Guys" thread.

Germans are good people.

He keeps going after other members, he wont be an issue for long Methinks.  He's the first person i've bothered to block since Dave_A

funny how these people want to block me for bringing up nazi atrocities, says more about them than me...

I want to block you for the thread whining about troops going to Africa, personally. I find your frothing hysterics in this thread kind of amusing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I want to block you for the thread whining about troops going to Africa, personally. I find your frothing hysterics in this thread kind of amusing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did you get the idea that most arfcommers think all Germans are Nazis?

From one fucking jackass in the "Bad Guys" thread.

Germans are good people.

He keeps going after other members, he wont be an issue for long Methinks.  He's the first person i've bothered to block since Dave_A

good, as for africa enjoy bleeding from every orifice of your body and remember that you signed a contract when its happening..
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How did Hitler tie his shoe laces?

with little nazis

View Quote

I havent heard that since i was about 11.... still funny though
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Where did Musilini keep his armies?

In his sleevies
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I heard all those jokes as kid in Texas, plus others that I don't want to type on here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When I was in middle school and junior high in Germany (in a school with kids from lots of different countries) the only kids who made jokes about Jews in concentration camps, were the German kids.  

Example like :

"How did the Jews escape from the concentration camp?  Through the chimney!"

"How do you fit 24 Jews in a VW beetle?  Easy - two in the front, two in the back, and twenty in the ash tray."

I'm guessing they didn't invent those jokes - but probably heard them at home.

I heard all those jokes as kid in Texas, plus others that I don't want to type on here.
I remember hearing a bunch of them growing up in SoCal in the late 70's,no idea where they originated but yeah pretty common

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top