Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2014 11:39:26 PM EDT
LINK

Not a smart thing to do, imo. I wonder how much $$ Fox threw at this guy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Ballsy. Although, I'm sure he won't use his real name right? Right?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Silent professionals.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Something a Green Beret would never do.

#quietprofessional
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet there is more than one guy making that claim.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Political stunt.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet there is more than one guy making that claim.
View Quote

I personally shut down Obamas der... I mean Osamas snackbar.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I love how all of a sudden 9/11 is all OBL's fault. I guess it wouldn't do to point out that KSM is in our custody and over a decade after the attacks we still feed and clothe him better than many of our own citizens.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#10]
After Matt Bissonnette came out....why not?

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]
BS. Everybody knows 0bama shot Binladen.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]
If he rocks this interview, he'll be able to clean up on Hair Gel endorsements.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If he rocks this interview, he'll be able to clean up on Hair Gel endorsements.
View Quote

No kiddin. He'll be getting calls from Axe bodyspray mid-interview.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:49:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ballsy. Although, I'm sure he won't use his real name right? Right?
View Quote

Doesn't really matter. They will disclose his name anyways. Fox outed Matt Bissonette after "No Easy Day" was released.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Aren't there now several verified ST6 guys running around all claiming to have been the shooter?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Aren't there now several verified ST6 guys running around all claiming to have been the shooter?
View Quote

I would say yes based on the stories heard at local gun shows/shops.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't wait to hear how FBHO's courageous leadership made it all possible.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#18]
The comments made my head hurt.

ETA:

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I can't wait to hear how FBHO's courageous leadership made it all possible.
View Quote

I doubt that will happen.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Obama isn't a seal
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:09:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Sadly only a few guys know the truth . This will end up like every Marine in Vietnam was a sniper .
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#23]
He's not dead.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Ive shot Bin Laden at least 200+ times. I use him as a range target:)  I am out of Bin Laden targets now. I have not  shot him in over a year
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:13:26 AM EDT
[#25]
This can't end well for him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/liljluede/media/poohladen_zpsd4434e1d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/liljluede/poohladen_zpsd4434e1d.jpg</a>
View Quote

Geronimo!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Not a very smart move at all he will now be a huge target for terrorists.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Not a very smart move at all he will now be a huge target for terrorists.
View Quote
Like all the other SEALs that have written books and were then attacked?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:24:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Sounds about right

US Navy Adds Intense Creative Writing Course To SEAL Training

THE PENTAGON — Navy officials announced the extension of Navy SEAL training by one week, adding a grueling 40 hours of creative writing classes to the already intense selection program, Duffel Blog has learned.

The new course material would be introduced immediately, following the Land Warfare phase. After final combat testing, the sailors would move back to the Coronado training facility, where they would receive classroom instruction on the proper use of tense and first vs. third person narrative.

After demanding writing exercises, those SEALs who survive will move on to acting classes, where they will be drilled on how to look coolest when they star as themselves in a made-for-TV movie. They will then be put through two days of mock TV interviews, simulating an intense book promotion tour.

During the interview, sources confirmed SEAL candidates would be trained to glorify themselves as much as possible without looking like self-centered assholes. This portion of the course was described by one of the first students as “the hardest thing I’ve ever done.”

Adm. William McRaven, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, was very enthusiastic about the change.

“These new kids coming up in the [SEAL] teams are already planning their first novel before they even graduate BUD/S. The problem is that most of them write like a gorilla with Down Syndrome, and it’s embarrassing to the entire Navy.”

“Lone Survivor, The Trident, Navy SEAL Sniper, The Warrior Elite, Suffer in Silence, Warrior Soul, American Sniper,” McRaven said, pointing to a coffee table filled with SEAL novels. “All of them read like a 9th grade English report had a retarded baby with a bad 1940’s war movie. And don’t even get me started on Rogue Warrior. That literary abortion made my eyes bleed.”

The Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) course, believed by many to be one of the most difficult initial selection programs in the U.S. military, prepares sailors to be a Navy SEAL. As the deluge of novels, magazine, TV and movie appearances have shown, the only people more enthralled with the elite forces than those in Hollywood are Navy SEALs themselves.

McRaven pointed to a memo he was drafting. “I’m also working on an addition to their contracts that states they can never use the word ‘Warrior’ in a title again. I’m sick of that shit.”

At press time, the Navy had also announced the addition of another class to BUD/S called “Speedy Publishing Techniques,” after the revelation that there were only three SEAL books released in the last month, including the acclaimed best seller “Unshaveable: A Navy SEAL’s Guide to Hygiene.”

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/05/us-navy-seal-training-writing-course/
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:34:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Thought the seal that shit obl and a manority of the seals from the raid died in a helo crash?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:42:19 AM EDT
[#31]
I assume he's now separated from the Navy? Not sure how he's able to talk about such a classified OP but If so, good for him and I hope he's getting paid a truck load of cash for the interview.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:42:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Nothing about it over on SOCNET.....

ETA:  I take that back.

"The Shooter", shooter #1, pitched a fit when he left the Navy before his time was up.  

I suspect we won't hear anything new.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Thought the seal that shit obl and a manority of the seals from the raid died in a helo crash?
View Quote

False
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:53:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Something a Green Beret would never do.

#quietprofessional
View Quote

Or a CCT
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:56:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sounds about right

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sounds about right

THE PENTAGON — Navy officials announced the extension of Navy SEAL training by one week, adding a grueling 40 hours of creative writing classes to the already intense selection program, Duffel Blog has learned.

The new course material would be introduced immediately, following the Land Warfare phase. After final combat testing, the sailors would move back to the Coronado training facility, where they would receive classroom instruction on the proper use of tense and first vs. third person narrative.

After demanding writing exercises, those SEALs who survive will move on to acting classes, where they will be drilled on how to look coolest when they star as themselves in a made-for-TV movie. They will then be put through two days of mock TV interviews, simulating an intense book promotion tour.

During the interview, sources confirmed SEAL candidates would be trained to glorify themselves as much as possible without looking like self-centered assholes. This portion of the course was described by one of the first students as “the hardest thing I’ve ever done.”

Adm. William McRaven, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, was very enthusiastic about the change.

“These new kids coming up in the [SEAL] teams are already planning their first novel before they even graduate BUD/S. The problem is that most of them write like a gorilla with Down Syndrome, and it’s embarrassing to the entire Navy.”

“Lone Survivor, The Trident, Navy SEAL Sniper, The Warrior Elite, Suffer in Silence, Warrior Soul, American Sniper,” McRaven said, pointing to a coffee table filled with SEAL novels. “All of them read like a 9th grade English report had a retarded baby with a bad 1940’s war movie. And don’t even get me started on Rogue Warrior. That literary abortion made my eyes bleed.”

The Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) course, believed by many to be one of the most difficult initial selection programs in the U.S. military, prepares sailors to be a Navy SEAL. As the deluge of novels, magazine, TV and movie appearances have shown, the only people more enthralled with the elite forces than those in Hollywood are Navy SEALs themselves.

McRaven pointed to a memo he was drafting. “I’m also working on an addition to their contracts that states they can never use the word ‘Warrior’ in a title again. I’m sick of that shit.”

At press time, the Navy had also announced the addition of another class to BUD/S called “Speedy Publishing Techniques,” after the revelation that there were only three SEAL books released in the last month, including the acclaimed best seller “Unshaveable: A Navy SEAL’s Guide to Hygiene.”

fuckin brilliant, DB FTW.  I actually chuckled a few times on that one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:14:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Probably in it for some cash. I read somewheres that this dude is pretty physically fucked from all the shit he's done.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:22:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. Extortion 17 had several SEALs on board, but they were not the ones who conducted the OBL raid.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:23:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:24:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I assume he's now separated from the Navy? Not sure how he's able to talk about such a classified OP but If so, good for him and I hope he's getting paid a truck load of cash for the interview.
View Quote

Even if he is, he's still bound by the NDA. I'd imagine he's consulted lawyers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:24:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
No. Extortion 17 had several SEALs on board, but they were not the ones who conducted the OBL raid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Several is an understatement, 17 SEALS were onboard, along with the others.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds about right

lol yea...that's a pretty good one
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:26:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
When can I buy a $ 3500 1911 with his name on it?
View Quote

LOL

Why are you still awake?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:28:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.

Sub in "lots of", I guess.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:04:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sounds about right

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sounds about right

I love Duffleblog.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#46]
So if he speaks out it means NDA's dont mean anything anymore?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:15:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So if he speaks out it means NDA's dont mean anything anymore?
View Quote

Eh, he'll probably try to talk around it. A lot of general information about the mission was publicly released, so between that and " in his perspective" or "in his opinion" type statements, they can probably get an interview that doesn't really disclose much. I wouldn't anticipate it being all that hard hitting.

Or maybe he'll sing like a bird, who knows.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:17:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#49]
I hope he does "boom, headshot." At some point during the interview.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#50]

He'll have his own reality show by the time the mid-season replacements come out.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top