Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
If every Republican were completely dedicated to the repeal of Obamacare, with no possibility that they would waiver, there is still no way they could repeal Obamacare in 2015. Obama would just veto it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Romney will win in 2012. I guarantee it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
No sense even talking about it before the general election.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

do it.  

The precedent has been set.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two and a half years ago, Mitch McConnell said that if they took the Senate and had a 51 majority, they could wipe out Obamacare because it had been ruled a Tax.

Now that it looks like the Republicans are going to win big this November, he is stating that he needs at least 60 votes to put some of the most unpleasant aspects of Obamacare on the Presidents desk....like the Medical device tax. He also recently stated on Cavuto, that we are unlikely to even get 60, so even that is unlikely.

Classic bait and switch.

I will be voting Republican, but they are making it harder and harder every election.

If the SOB was serious about doing away with Obamacare all the Republicans have to do is change the Senate rules to do away with cloture, like the Democrats did with the judiciary appointees.  They don't have the guts to do it.  I am not sure any Republican would do away with Obamacare if they had the opportunity.  

do it.  

The precedent has been set.

And when the Dems take back the Senate in 2016, how long do you think it will take them to use the GOP-enacted rules on cloture for legislation on, oh, let's say... An assault weapons ban?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That was my point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The upper echelon RINOs want big government just as much as any liberal dem.

Yes of course, that is why every R in congress voted for Obamacare.

For people who did not follow that vote to the best of my recollection not a single Republican voted for Obamacare.

That was my point.

Well lets not leave out that if it wasnt for ol' conservative John Roberts voting with the libs on the Supreme court we probably wouldnt even be having this conversation.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
He is telling the truth.  This same reality is why GW Bush signed some of the legislation he did because if he vetoed it, the veto would have been overwritten before the ink dried on his veto signature.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
... I will be voting Republican tooNo necessarily happy about it, butt FUCK Democrats and their agenda for American
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seems to me Mr. Mcconnel is just speaking the truth.

If republicans take the senate, they can bet that every move they attempt to make will be filibustered to high hell.

If the democrats lose they will not shape up, they will get worse.

Leaving them in power, though, is an even worse future.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bro, 2.5 years ago ...he meant if Romney won and they won the senate they could have repealed with 51 because the bill was passed under reconciliation as a tax bill
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two and a half years ago, Mitch McConnell said that if they took the Senate and had a 51 majority, they could wipe out Obamacare because it had been ruled a Tax.

Now that it looks like the Republicans are going to win big this November, he is stating that he needs at least 60 votes to put some of the most unpleasant aspects of Obamacare on the Presidents desk....like the Medical device tax. He also recently stated on Cavuto, that we are unlikely to even get 60, so even that is unlikely.

Classic bait and switch.

I will be voting Republican, but they are making it harder and harder every election.

Bro, 2.5 years ago ...he meant if Romney won and they won the senate they could have repealed with 51 because the bill was passed under reconciliation as a tax bill

You're pretty smart for a Russian.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

And when the Dems take back the Senate in 2016, how long do you think it will take them to use the GOP-enacted rules on cloture for legislation on, oh, let's say... An assault weapons ban?
View Quote

Is there anything more cowardly than a Republican?

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone who doesn't even vote?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

....yet whines incessantly about one party in particular, despite having no belief in the system that party operates in or the Constitution that governs it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Doing away with cloture is kind of a big deal. As in precedent setting big deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the SOB was serious about doing away with Obamacare all the Republicans have to do is change the Senate rules to do away with cloture, like the Democrats did with the judiciary appointees.  They don't have the guts to do it.  I am not sure any Republican would do away with Obamacare if they had the opportunity.  

Doing away with cloture is kind of a big deal. As in precedent setting big deal.

The Democrats already did for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't consider voting for more government to take care of you from cradle to grave a particularly brave act.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's the Libertarians fault.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#17]
IT's nice to think about but medical places have invested a lot of money to comply with the regulations. Obamacare is hardly a blip in the campaign ads.

I don't think they (the republicans) care anymore. All they will do is slow down the swirl in the toilet, which at my age might be enough.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
On Thursday November 21, 2013, Harry Reid eliminated the 60 vote super-majority rule in the Senate. All the Republicans need is 51 votes to pass any legislation short of an amendment to the Constitution.
View Quote

This.  Of course, the chief of the executive branch still can still veto.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
On Thursday November 21, 2013, Harry Reid eliminated the 60 vote super-majority rule in the Senate. All the Republicans need is 51 votes to pass any legislation short of an amendment to the Constitution.
View Quote

nevermind
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Cruz has repeatedly stated will repeal "every last word" of Obamacare if elected President.

The only way he could do that is by winning the 2016 election and having a GOP majority in both House and Senate.

Other than that happening, I am afraid we are stuck with it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#22]
OP should watch School House Rock, I'm Just a Bill and learn how laws are passed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He would sooner shut down the government.

That's an old reliable tactic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't make Obama sign the elimination of the whole Law.

But a piece at a time, tied to other things, perhaps.

He would sooner shut down the government.

That's an old reliable tactic.

Yeah, I can't see him giving any of it up willingly.

There's no downside to shutting down the government, for him. The media sure won't take him to task over it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quit listening to politicians is your first step.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#25]
The only thing worse than a Democratic idea is a Republican idea and the worst of all is when the ba$tards get their pointy heads together and come up with something different. They are two wings of the same buzzard and all they want to do is feather their own nests, $hit on the people, and retire with a hefty pension for life. Self-serving, media swilling, handout copping, mendacious swine penned up together in that sprawling whorehouse known as the Congress. Ninety percent of them couldn't pour pi$$ out of a boot with directions written on the heel. The other ten percent wander aimlessly in the wilderness like Diogenes seeking a wise man and a virgin for the manger scene and finding only 400+ jackasses standing in the courtyard hurling camel $hit at random, bull$hit having run out into the streets in great shimmering sheets.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If republicans take the senate, they can bet that every move they attempt to make will be filibustered to high hell.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Me thinks OP doesn't even understand basic Senate rules and procedures and is simply spouting off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You no comprehende what a filibuster or a veto is?

Me thinks OP doesn't even understand basic Senate rules and procedures and is simply spouting off.

Reid changed the rules......hehehe.  Now it's just a simple democracy that has it's say in the senate.  Rules are for suckers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic bait and switch.

Even if they change the senate rules and do away with the filibuster it would not matter. You have to 2/3 majority in both houses to override a presidential veto. The republicans will have nowhere near that. So nothing will be repealed or fixed or anything because the votes will not be there to do it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Make him veto everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Our historic President, Barack Hussain Obama, will diligently veto any effort to reverse this essential element of His Legacy.

Make him veto everything.

Which will demonstrate His ideological commitment to the struggling masses against the top-hat-wearing plutocrats and the reactionaries, inspiring the Party cadres to rise in 2016 and liquidate the fascists!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#31]
While Dems passed it with a simple majority my guess is the Reps will demand
The old school majority to repeal it or are more likely to try to fix it
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The President can't spend money for Obamacare that is not allocated by Congress.

Congress can pass the law to do away with Obamacare and the President can veto it and then the Congress can defund the program. Eazy Peazy. The Republicans just don't have the guts to do it. At the end of they day they are a party of big government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not Democrat filibusters that are the issue - Dingy Harry gutted the filibuster rules and the Republicans need to make them suffer over that.

Its the Presidential vetoes that they need the votes to overcome.

Our historic President, Barack Hussain Obama, will diligently veto any effort to reverse this essential element of His Legacy.

The President can't spend money for Obamacare that is not allocated by Congress.

Congress can pass the law to do away with Obamacare and the President can veto it and then the Congress can defund the program. Eazy Peazy. The Republicans just don't have the guts to do it. At the end of they day they are a party of big government.

Defunding isn't enough.  Federal programs that are defunded can be refunded at a later date. when the Party seizes power again

Obamacare must be repealed.  It took the Party over 60 years to enact nationalized healthcare - a Party goal since FDR.  They had to water it down from the desired goal (single-payer, Federal national health care), but that was part of the plan.

Dismantlling Obamacare means the Party has to start from scratch.  Repealing Obamacara leaves no doubt that the American people overwhelmingly wanted it gone.  Defunding it leaves the apparatus in place and allows the lie that this wonderful Party program, the legacy of our historic President, Barack Hussein Obama, is the Will of the People.

Defunding is a half-step than can be erased with the stroke of a pen.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#33]
The powerful interests which got the bill passed still want to eliminate the advantage which foreign competitors have because they don't foot the bill for their employees' medical treatment.
The only real change that will be made to ObamaCare is to make the government responsible for paying for all medical care and to give the government the power to make all decisions concerning medical treatment.

Anyone who believe otherwise is just smoking the Hopium pipe, to borrow a phrase.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Of course they're going to continue screwing the citizens.
The republicans want the expansion of .gov's role in our lives too, like the Patriot Act as just one example.
More and more citizens will beg for it to "improve" or get reworked, but not for it to go away entirely. It will become as accepted as payroll withholding.
It's a tax and now that it's in place it will never go away. It may change, but not go away. It's too much power over us to let go of.
Never believe a politician, lying is their livelihood.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure where you got that, but whatever floats your boat.  I'm just trying to point out that a mad rush to change the rules (when we aren't looking at amendment the Constitution to change the nature of the veto) has some pretty serious long-term implications.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#36]
So what happened to the Dems for the last 6 years will happen to the Republicans?  Neva been done befoh!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
sorry guys.

there ain't no going back.

there never was.
View Quote

This.

Obamacare is as likely to be repealed as social security, medicare/medicaid or anything else.
Just glad that carbon taxes and an AWB weren't passed, those wouldn't be going anywhere either.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So what happened to the Dems for the last 6 years will happen to the Republicans?  Neva been done befoh!
View Quote

Worse.

If the Republicans regain power, all the fudged numbers about the economy will suddenly be revised, there will be a mess, the dems will blame the republicans and the media will parrot it.

Shit is held together with duct tape and bailing wire right now, dems will pull that off on the way out the door.

Meanwhile, the republicans will busy themselves trying to correct some bullshit social issue like pot legalization. They just cannot help themselves.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The upper echelon RINOs want big government just as much as any liberal dem.

that is not the only metric in the scheme of "big government."  Ocare is unlikely to go away unless we get enough seats in the house, senate, and take the Oval office.  Even then, by that time, even the R's will recognize that getting rid of the power Ocare provides to the feds is too tempting to get rid of, at least totally.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I highly doubt that since such a huge victory would give the R's the political go ahead to do just that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assume you're joking, but even if the Republicans controlled 70% of the House and Senate along with the Presidency they still would not actually DO anything regarding Obamacare.

I highly doubt that since such a huge victory would give the R's the political go ahead to do just that.

If they only knew how pissed off 20 somethings are that they are going to have to pay a penalty "tax" for not carrying insurance and the invasion of privacy requiring someone to carry health insurance is, they would make a big deal of it then repeal it.

Young people are mad.  They see Obama Care as an incredible invasion of privacy and threat to their liberty and lifestyle.

These are what would be considered "liberal" young people I am talking about.

They also now realize that in addition to their school loans, they share the debt burden of this country and will pay on it the rest of their lives from EVERY SINGLE PAYCHECK!

The only way to avoid paying it is to live in poverty and never make or have anything except welfare.

This is a huge opportunity.

If the Republicans ignore Cruz and Paul like they look like they are trying to then stick a fork in them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If they only knew how pissed off 20 somethings are that they are going to have to pay a penalty "tax" for not carrying insurance and the invasion of privacy requiring someone to carry health insurance is, they would make a big deal of it then repeal it.

Young people are mad.  They see Obama Care as an incredible invasion of privacy and threat to their liberty and lifestyle.

They also now realize that in addition to their school loans, they share the debt burden of this country and will pay on it the rest of their lives from EVERY SINGLE PAYCHECK!

The only way to avoid paying it is to live in poverty and never make or have anything except welfare.

If the Republicans ignore Cruz and Paul like they look like they are trying to then stick a fork in them.
View Quote

I don't know...........young people voted for Obongo overwhelmingly the two times he ran for president.................we'll see.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic bait and switch.

Apparently, OP is wrong. Classic bait and switch DNC dog whistle troll thread to shit talk Republicans a week before midterms.

Quoted:
Either the GOP or the Democrats are going to control the Senate in 2014.  The party in majority will decide who heads the various important committees.  The committee that oversees all proposed gun control legislation is the Senate Judiciary Committee.  Here are each party's members on that Committee, their NRA grade for 2014, their votes on key legislation in 2013, and any specially remarkable actions on gun legislation:

Democrats
Patrick Leahy (D-VT) Chairman - NRA C, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Diane Feinstein (D-CA) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms - Author of 1994 ban, Author of 2004 Renewal Amendment to Ban, Author of Draconian 2013 Ban.
Charles Schumer (D-NY) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms, Leader of Senate Gun Control forces in 2013.
Dick Durbin (D-IL) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Al Franken (D-MN) - NRA - F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Christopher A. Coons (D-DE) NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms
Mazie Hirono (D-HI) - NRA F, Voted to ban magazines, Voted to Ban Semi-Autos, Voted for registration of firearms

Republicans
Chuck Grassley (R-IA) (Ranking Member of Minority) - NRA A, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms
Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT) - NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms
Jeff Sessions (R-AL) - NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms
Lindsey Graham (R-SC)- NRA A, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms, Sponsored S.480 to stop VA from stripping vets of 2A rights for PTSD/financial incapacity determinations
John Cornyn (R-TX) - NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms, Sponsored Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity Amendment - Twice
Mike Lee (R-UT) - NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms
Ted Cruz (R-TX) NRA A+, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms, Led first filibuster attempt on Senate gun control bill.
Jeff Flake (R-AZ) - NRA A, Voted AGAINST ban on magazines, Voted AGAINST Ban on Semi-Autos, Voted AGAINSTregistration of firearms, Leaned on hard by Gabby Giffords and Dems during Newtown and targeted for some really nasty propaganda.

Whichever party gains the majority in the Senate in November 2014, decides which of these two groups of people will control the Committee that controls the fate of all gun control legislation in the Senate.  If the Republicans win, they get to axe two Democrats (which would probably be Blumenthal and Hirono) and add two Republicans (unknown).

So, does anybody see any trends we can use to determine which group we would rather have in power?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1667741_Here_is_your_choice_in_Senate_leadership_for_2014.html&page=1&anc=50112031#i50112031

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1670996_How_Your_Senator_Voted_on_Universal_Background_Checks_in_2013.html&page=1&anc=50112054#i50112054

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't know...........young people voted for Obongo overwhelmingly the two times he ran for president.................we'll see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now they realize they were dumb.  The ones I know will straight up tell you that.  They are mostly Gypsies, hippies and Carnies.

Not to mention that their options the first time was John McCain    and the second was Mitt Romney  

I will tell you that they will NOT vote for Jeb Bush or Chris Christie..  They just do not see the point.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

and when the right does it the left goes bat shit along with the corrupt media.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I assume you're joking, but even if the Republicans controlled 70% of the House and Senate along with the Presidency they still would not actually DO anything regarding Obamacare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Money corrupts anybody, it doesn't matter which political crowd you identify with, they are all morally corrupt and do not care about you or I, they will sell us all down the river if it means more money in their pocket.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

And now they realize they were dumb.  The ones I know will straight up tell you that.  They are mostly Gypsies, hippies and Carnies.

Not to mention that their options the first time was John McCain    and the second was Mitt Romney  

I will tell you that they will NOT vote for Jeb Bush or Chris Christie..  They just do not see the point.

View Quote

Ok.........we'll see.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The republicans and democrats are 2 wings of the same chicken . The differences any more are subtle enough there is overlap .
View Quote

What bullshit.

The Republicans have been vastly better on 2nd amendment issues than the Democrats.

And spare me the usual spew about RINO's like McCain, and universal background checks.

RINOs like McCain and Snow are vastly outnumbered by Republican RKBA supporters.

If not for 2nd amendment stalwarts like Mitch McConnell (what was that?, did your head just explode? ) we would be looking at the worst that Schumer and Fiensten could have dreamed up after Sandy Hook as law today.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You're right.  Vote democrat.  That'll show 'em...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic bait and switch.

Can you read? I said I was voting Republican.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic bait and switch.

But you just convinced HIM to vote Democrat, with your compelling, anti-Republican diatribe.

Wasn't that your intent?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Vote Republican and change the party from within while they are in power, even though you may think they are only marginally better than the Democrats.  And they may well be only marginally better.

Anyone who advocates differently is a moby shit stirrer.

Or a shit-ass single issue pot voter.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top