Quoted:

It was the '80s last time I had one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with OP.  It doesn't help any that I had one once with a layer of cardboard *inside* the breading.  I've talked to someone else that had the same thing happen to them once.  It's the sort of thing that only happens once because then you don't ever give the things another try.
The pictures posted of them here don't show them having breading on the patties.  

I can't remember them ever being breaded.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
the only thing from McDonalds that is tolerable, is the fries and chocolate . Everything else sucks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I eat or drink:
Grilled chicken snack wraps with ranch dressing
Sweet tea
mcNuggets now and then.
The chocolate chip frappe
The caramel mocha iced and hot coffees.
Thats about it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with OP.  It doesn't help any that I had one once with a layer of cardboard *inside* the breading.  I've talked to someone else that had the same thing happen to them once.  It's the sort of thing that only happens once because then you don't ever give the things another try.
The pictures posted of them here don't show them having breading on the patties.  

They are not, just the patty with sauce.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't see what the draw is.
View Quote

Does this mean it's back!?! I know what's for lunch today!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
According to mcriblocator.com, there are no Mcdonald's selling them near me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tastes like Spam with Kraft BBQ sauce on it

Utterly disgusting
View Quote

I like SPAM too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mechanically reclaimed pork formed into a caricature of "ribs" microwaved and slathered in crappy bbq sauce.

Sounds fucking awesome.
View Quote

Damn right it does. Odd choice of smiley, though. Should be this one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#8]
wOOt!!          
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#9]
The only thing useful about a chickenshit "foodie" complaining about the McRib on ARFcom is that it conveniently alerts me to when they might be available.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
More for me and my wife!  
View Quote

I always pictured you as a healthy eater, never would have figured you to back the McRib.  Huh.

My mom used to buy the rib-shaped-pork-patties, very similar to the McRib, in the grocery.  One of those, nuked into submission, on plain white bread...I loved 'em.  It was one of a very few convenience food items I had growing up.  So the McRib falls into the comfort food category for me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#11]

ALL fast food is gross and sucks, it also lacks any nutritional value.

I thought all of you college educated people knew this?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ALL fast food is gross and sucks, it also lacks any nutritional value.

I thought all of you college educated people knew this?

View Quote

My education is from facebook memes.  Thinking hurts my brain.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I eat or drink:

Sweet tea

mcNuggets now and then.

Thats about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

the only thing from McDonalds that is tolerable, is the fries and chocolate . Everything else sucks.

I eat or drink:

Sweet tea

mcNuggets now and then.

Thats about it.

Most importantly, what kind of sauce with your nuggets?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Oh, I know...  I just thought that "hipster" would be the last thing I would ever be accused of, even in jest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just messin' witcha, my friend.  

Oh, I know...  I just thought that "hipster" would be the last thing I would ever be accused of, even in jest.

Ok, Foodie!  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I eat or drink:
Sweet tea
mcNuggets now and then.
Thats about it.

Easy, 50/50 mix of ranch and honey mustard
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Agree
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#25]
getting one on the way home tonite
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Come on, doesn't this make your mouth water?

http://media.theweek.com/img/generic/mcrib.jpg
View Quote

:barf:

over 20 years since I've been in a Sickdonalds.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I like how the material is extruded to make it look like it has fake bones - very clever.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I wish they'd get here already...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#29]
you suck.

at least thats what I tell myself after I eat one
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#30]
5 in one sitting.. That's my personal best. Yeah I like them. No pickle, extra onion.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
5 in one sitting.. That's my personal best. Yeah I like them. No pickle, extra onion.
View Quote

That is just bizarre to me.  You get one sandwich, one regular fries and one drink - that's a fast food meal.  That should last you until your next meal, at a regular meal time and not another fast food meal.  5 would be for a family of five.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Not a big fan.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#33]
LOL, no surprise.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That is just bizarre to me.  You get one sandwich, one regular fries and one drink - that's a fast food meal.  That should last you until your next meal, at a regular meal time and not another fast food meal.  5 would be for a family of five.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you're real fun at parties.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:58:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Here's a brilliant idea wouldn't it be cheaper just to go to your closet convenient store and buy a rib sandwich same thing except cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Here's a brilliant idea wouldn't it be cheaper just to go to your closet convenient store and buy a rib sandwich same thing except cheaper.
View Quote

Then you could opt for one of their shitty .59cent hotdogs and we could start a new thread on how to fill your gut with the shittiest food / least cost
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Besides Coke does McDonalds make any thing that is good.

Their French fries used to be good, but they folded under pressure to remove some ingredient.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#38]

THE PORK PATTY
Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Dextrose, Preservatives (BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid).

The ‘pork’ is restructured meat, meaning that there is no real quality meat involved. Instead they use the disposable innards of the pig such as tripe, heart, and scalded stomach which are then turned over to a process which cooks all of the pig scraps in water and salt. This process extracts all of the salt-soluble proteins and congeals everything together into a rubbery concoction respectfully titled as a “pork patty”.

THE BUN    
Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains 2% Or Less: Salt, Corn Meal, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oils, Dextrose, Sugar, Malted Barley Flour, Cultured Wheat Flour, Calcium Sulfate, Ammonium Sulfate, Soy Flour, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono- and Diglycerides, Ethoxylated Mono- and Diglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate, Enzymes, Guar Gum, Calcium Peroxide), Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Soy Lecithin.

That’s almost 40 ingredients for the bun alone. Interesting that high-fructose corn syrup is the fourth ingredient considering it is known to cause pancreatic cancer.  If the hydrogenated oils alone don’t ring your alarm, then perhaps the ammonium and calcium sulfate will, seeing how their common usage is as a soil fertilizer. That’s nothing to worry about however, considering the FDA  approved it as a safe food additive. Azodicarbonamide takes the cake for unnecessary ingredients, acting as a ‘dough conditioner’.  Azodicarbonamide is used in the manufacture of foamed-plastics in the US and is banned in Europe and Australia. The use of this chemical in Singapore actually results in jail time.
View Quote

I'll pass.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time I had one was many years ago and the experience was chewing on a fat sandwich covered in sauce.

What isn't to like about that?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks to this thread I've just had my second one.  
No onions, extra pickle.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#41]
And the Lord said: "do not eat it, for it is not clean."  

Never had one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Last time I had one was many years ago and the experience was chewing on a fat sandwich covered in sauce.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know really.

Last time I had one, my toilet and I spent a lot of bonding time together.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Then you could opt for one of their shitty .59cent hotdogs and we could start a new thread on how to fill your gut with the shittiest food / least cost

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to sure about that. A gas station where my in-laws live has burgers and hotdogs that are awesome.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'll pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

THE PORK PATTY
Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Dextrose, Preservatives (BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid).

The ‘pork’ is restructured meat, meaning that there is no real quality meat involved. Instead they use the disposable innards of the pig such as tripe, heart, and scalded stomach which are then turned over to a process which cooks all of the pig scraps in water and salt. This process extracts all of the salt-soluble proteins and congeals everything together into a rubbery concoction respectfully titled as a “pork patty”.

THE BUN    
Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains 2% Or Less: Salt, Corn Meal, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oils, Dextrose, Sugar, Malted Barley Flour, Cultured Wheat Flour, Calcium Sulfate, Ammonium Sulfate, Soy Flour, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono- and Diglycerides, Ethoxylated Mono- and Diglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate, Enzymes, Guar Gum, Calcium Peroxide), Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Soy Lecithin.

That’s almost 40 ingredients for the bun alone. Interesting that high-fructose corn syrup is the fourth ingredient considering it is known to cause pancreatic cancer.  If the hydrogenated oils alone don’t ring your alarm, then perhaps the ammonium and calcium sulfate will, seeing how their common usage is as a soil fertilizer. That’s nothing to worry about however, considering the FDA  approved it as a safe food additive. Azodicarbonamide takes the cake for unnecessary ingredients, acting as a ‘dough conditioner’.  Azodicarbonamide is used in the manufacture of foamed-plastics in the US and is banned in Europe and Australia. The use of this chemical in Singapore actually results in jail time.

I'll pass.

Makes me hungry.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
wOOt!!          

View All Quotes
Quoted:
wOOt!!          

If all goes well, I hope to conquer a triple McRib con queso,  
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#46]
McDonalds sucks.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
False.  I give it to Hartz chicken.  They serve chicken livers and gizzards.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
McDonalds has got to be the worst fast food on the planet.
False.  I give it to Hartz chicken.  They serve chicken livers and gizzards.  

Fried chicken livers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:16:25 AM EDT
[#49]
It's gross.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Mechanically reclaimed pork formed into a caricature of "ribs" microwaved and slathered in crappy bbq sauce.

Sounds fucking awesome.
View Quote

Yep. Gross
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top