Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
page two screams for it's ARMALITE !
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain

The IRA killed a bunch of British civilians in England.

Fuck them. Fuck all terrorists!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is the provisional IRA considered a terrorist group if they have the same original goal? Wouldn't we be doing the same thing if we were still under British rule (or like to think we would be, anyway)?

I don't know much about them is why I ask.

Google "Croke Park Massacre". You may know it as the first "Bloody Sunday".
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uEQBcrf8Mnk/TzhFSLB0OuI/AAAAAAAAA6Y/Z-G5qrpxJhA/s800/Capture6.JPG

never seen the sling wrapped around the wrist before? whats the idea behind this? other then not loosing the gun
View Quote

Bingo, knocked out  and gun grab.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That explains it. So why are they targeting civilians in England? Wouldn't they want to target British military in Ireland?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is the provisional IRA considered a terrorist group if they have the same original goal? Wouldn't we be doing the same thing if we were still under British rule (or like to think we would be, anyway)?

That explains it. So why are they targeting civilians in England? Wouldn't they want to target British military in Ireland?

They were trying to get the British in England to lose the stomach to fight. They thought by killing civilians the Brits would decide to pull out of Ireland to save the citizens in Great Britain.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes fuck all terrorists.....including the Pro-British/anti-IRA groups that sprung up that also bombed and murdered civilians.

I don't care for the IRA, however it's funny how many people forget about the Pro-British groups that did exactly the same thing at the same time.    Also while I don't agree with the methods, the Brits deserved an ass-whooping for some of the shit they did before it all really "kicked off" so-to-speak.

Ireland and Britain is kind of like Europe's middle east.  They'll probably always go at it to some degree, just sit back and watch.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes fuck all terrorists.....including the Pro-British/anti-IRA groups that sprung up that also bombed and murdered civilians.

I don't care for the IRA, however it's funny how many people forget about the Pro-British groups that did exactly the same thing at the same time.    Also while I don't agree with the methods, the Brits deserved an ass-whooping for some of the shit they did before it all really "kicked off" so-to-speak.

Ireland and Britain is kind of like Europe's middle east.  They'll probably always go at it to some degree, just sit back and watch.
View Quote

I think the Baltics are more what you'd call Europe's Middle East. Ireland and GB are more Cowboys and Indians.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think the Baltics Balkans are  more what you'd call Europe's Middle East. Ireland and GB are more Cowboys and Indians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the Baltics Balkans are  more what you'd call Europe's Middle East. Ireland and GB are more Cowboys and Indians.

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Whatever legitimacy the IRA had was lost when they began associating with known terrorist groups, the Nazis, the communists, and when they began targeting tourists and other civilians.

FUCK the IRA.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Both Germans and Brits that strayed into Ireland were sent to Irish POW camps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, most do not know that Ireland was neutral in WWII.

Neutral in name only.

Both Germans and Brits that strayed into Ireland were sent to Irish POW camps.

The British built a weather station/ radio direction finding facility on Malin Head in Ireland. Where they actively stationed troops.

Then there's the Cranborne report:

Viscount Cranborne, the British Secretary of State for Dominion Affairs, wrote a letter on 21 February 1945 to the British War Cabinet regarding Irish-British collaboration during 1939–1945:[48]
“They agreed to our use of Lough Foyle for naval and air purposes. The ownership of the Lough is disputed, but the Southern Irish authorities are tacitly not pressing their claim in present conditions and are also ignoring any flying by our aircraft over the Donegal shore of the Lough, which is necessary in certain wind conditions to enable flying boats to take off the Lough.

1)    They have agreed to use by our aircraft based on Lough Erne of a corridor over Southern Irish territory and territorial waters for the purpose of flying out to the Atlantic.
2)    They have arranged for the immediate transmission to the United Kingdom Representative's Office in Dublin of reports of submarine activity received from their coast watching service.
3)    They arranged for the broadening of reports by their Air observation Corps of aircraft sighted over or approaching Southern Irish territory. (This does not include our aircraft using the corridor referred to in (b) above.)
4)    They arranged for the extinction of trade and business lighting in coastal towns where such lighting was alleged to afford a useful landmark for German aircraft.
5)    They have continued to supply us with meteorological reports.
6)    They have agreed to the use by our ships and aircraft of two wireless direction-finding stations at Malin Head.
7)    They have supplied particulars of German crashed aircraft and personnel crashed or washed ashore or arrested on land.
8)    They arranged for staff talks on the question of co-operation against a possible German invasion of Southern Ireland, and close contact has since been maintained between the respective military authorities.
9)    They continue to intern all German fighting personnel reaching Southern Ireland. On the other hand, though after protracted negotiations, Allied service personnel are now allowed to depart freely and full assistance is given in recovering damaged aircraft.
10)  Recently, in connection with the establishment of prisoner of war camps in Northern Ireland, they have agreed to return or at least intern any German prisoners who may escape from Northern Ireland across the border to Southern Ireland.
11)  They have throughout offered no objection to the departure from Southern Ireland of persons wishing to serve in the United Kingdom Forces nor to the journey on leave of such persons to and from Southern Ireland (in plain clothes).
12)  They have continued to exchange information with our security authorities regarding all aliens (including Germans) in Southern Ireland.
13)  They have (within the last few days) agreed to our establishing a Radar station in Southern Ireland for use against the latest form of submarine activity.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Vito was an Iranian apologist after he had his government ordered timeout from posting. He came back a different guy. Fairly antisemetic and very pro Iran.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is where the Israel nuthuggers running off Vito was a tragedy.

Vito was an Iranian apologist after he had his government ordered timeout from posting. He came back a different guy. Fairly antisemetic and very pro Iran.  

Only in GD can you be labelled a bigot for not hating one group of people and not liking another.  

He wasn't either.

He was one of the most intelligent posters to ever grace this site.

Just because he had intelligent opinions that people felt incompatible with their world views doesn't make him a bigot.

Some people weren't smart enough to reconcile the well reasoned opinions he put forth.

"Heretic, you will accept the world is flat."

Site has been kinda lame without him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think the Baltics are more what you'd call Europe's Middle East. Ireland and GB are more Cowboys and Indians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'Murricans

Probably still angry at this

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=105522&d=1277226357

We firebombed Italy for that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is one of the most shite songs ever, why do some of you get your jollies off posting it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/MIvsFuk6RuE

That is one of the most shite songs ever, why do some of you get your jollies off posting it?

Calm down killer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many Irish were killed by the Crown the previous 700 yrs? Oliver Cromwell was real fucking peach.

Washingtonpost.com

The first British involvement in Ireland began in 1169, when Anglo-Norman troops arrived at Bannow Bay in County Wexford. During the next half millenium, successive English rulers attempted to colonize the island, pitching battles to increase their holdings – moves that sparked periodic rebellions by the Irish.

As the English gradually expanded their reach over the island by the 16th century, religious persecution of Catholic Irish grew – in particular after the accession of Elizabeth I, a Protestant, to the throne in 1558. Oliver Cromwell's subsequent siege of Ireland in 1649 ended with massacres of Catholics at Drogheda and Wexford and forced the resettlement of thousands, many of whom lost their homes in the struggle. By 1691, with the victory of Protestant English King William III over the Catholic forces of James II, Protestant supremacy in Ireland had become complete.

Catholics in Ireland suffered greatly in the subsequent period of British occupation, enduring laws that prevented them from bearing arms, holding public office and restricting their rights to an education. While many of those rights were eventually restored, the animosity between Catholics and Protestants remained. With the passing of the Act of Union in 1800, a law that joined England and Ireland as one, the island became officially governed by London.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd have to imagine it must have sucked being a British soldier serving in Northern Ireland.
View Quote

Yeah cuz it was good times for the civilians.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He mad.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the same reason any terrorist organisation targets civilians. To send a message that the government is weak and cannot protect them, so they should pressure the government to give in to the terrorists demands. They also killed hundreds of British soldiers both in Northern Ireland and in the mainland UK. Plus choice of targets carried symbolic significance, a number of military museums (including IWM) were attacked, as were other famous British landmarks like Downing Street and Harrods.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He mad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He mad.

Goes without saying as he's irish
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I hadn't seen this one before (Propaganda or did the girls fight too?).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/treadhead/Girlwith180_zpsaf4be984.jpg
View Quote
Great picture .

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
How many Irish were killed by the Crown the previous 700 yrs? Oliver Cromwell was real fucking peach.

Washingtonpost.com

The first British involvement in Ireland began in 1169, when Anglo-Norman troops arrived at Bannow Bay in County Wexford. During the next half millenium, successive English rulers attempted to colonize the island, pitching battles to increase their holdings – moves that sparked periodic rebellions by the Irish.

As the English gradually expanded their reach over the island by the 16th century, religious persecution of Catholic Irish grew – in particular after the accession of Elizabeth I, a Protestant, to the throne in 1558. Oliver Cromwell's subsequent siege of Ireland in 1649 ended with massacres of Catholics at Drogheda and Wexford and forced the resettlement of thousands, many of whom lost their homes in the struggle. By 1691, with the victory of Protestant English King William III over the Catholic forces of James II, Protestant supremacy in Ireland had become complete.

Catholics in Ireland suffered greatly in the subsequent period of British occupation, enduring laws that prevented them from bearing arms, holding public office and restricting their rights to an education. While many of those rights were eventually restored, the animosity between Catholics and Protestants remained. With the passing of the Act of Union in 1800, a law that joined England and Ireland as one, the island became officially governed by London.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Washingtonpost.com

So 9/11 was justified by the Crusades then?

Fuck all terrorists.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

IWM was never attacked.
Downing St was mortared though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the same reason any terrorist organisation targets civilians. To send a message that the government is weak and cannot protect them, so they should pressure the government to give in to the terrorists demands. They also killed hundreds of British soldiers both in Northern Ireland and in the mainland UK. Plus choice of targets carried symbolic significance, a number of military museums (including IWM) were attacked, as were other famous British landmarks like Downing Street and Harrods.

IWM was never attacked.
Downing St was mortared though

According to the official list of IRA "terrorist incidents" in the UK since 1980, there were two incendiary devices left in the IWM.

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/written_answers/1996/mar/04/terrorist-incidents
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Neutral in name only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neutral in name only.

Wife's grandpa was in Irish Army and was part of D-Day. A 3x POW also in the war.

He was also the reason Guinness is in the US.

Dude had zero problem telling anyone to fuck off in his thick Irish accent and had some crazy stories.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ultimately, it was a economic fight wrapped up in a political one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great pics, thanks for posting. I know little about the conflict, other than it was I assume a fight for independence for Ireland?

Ultimately, it was a economic fight wrapped up in a political one.

Vito, while knowing a whole lot, was a giant douche.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did they go off?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:[

According to the official list of IRA "terrorist incidents" in the UK since 1980, there were two incendiary devices left in the IWM.

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/written_answers/1996/mar/04/terrorist-incidents

Did they go off?

It says they were extinguished and caused minor damage, so presumably.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Why does the IRA Honor Guard not have bayonets one their rifles?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
We supplied the IRA with weapons to fight against the Brits with?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where did the IRA get their M16's?

Us. And the AR-180s, M1 carbines and garands, etc.

AK's and Russian shit came mostly from Libya. The Soviets didn't trust the IRA much because many of them were also Catholic and were Nationalists instead of believing in "international socialism" and Athiesm. That goes all the way back to the War of Independence. ETA: IIRC one Soviet guy told them something about, "We'll believe you're serious when you start hanging Bishops" or something like that.

I had no idea the British Army was using M16s as well outside of the SAS.

We supplied the IRA with weapons to fight against the Brits with?
Not the government but lots of Irish here in the US and tons of Irish illegal immigrants sent money to support the IRA and help supply arms and helped facilitate getting them there. On a fairly regular basis the Brits would intercept a boat off the Irish coast loaded with com-bloc arms. There were plenty of left leaning IRA that felt giving the soviets promises of close relations and influence was a worthwhile trade off for more and better weapons and more actually delivered.

You want to start a fight in my family at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner? mention the IRA. dosent matter what context--for or agianst..good or bad a shouting match and fisticuffs are sure to follow.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fuck all terrorists.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Washingtonpost.com

Fuck all terrorists.

Apples and coconuts

We didn't occupy Saudi Arabia and try to wipe out their culture or primary  religion .

Keep your perspective and be objective.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#39]
The IRA went from freedom fighters to terrorists when they started bombing civilians. We are in fact coming up on the anniversary of the Remembrance day bombing which killed 11

As far as the guns some were smuggled in by the IRA but most of them were sent by IRA supporters in America.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#41]
What was the biggest case of IRA gun running from the USA ever documented?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

Yeah that's what I meant, thanks. That's what I get for Multi tasking.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better?

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I hadn't seen this one before (Propaganda or did the girls fight too?).
View Quote

For those asking about the AR18/AR180, that is what she is shouldering.

Can't tell which one it is from the picture.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant to say Balkans. Brain fart on my part.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Murricans

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=105522&d=1277226357

so it was the germans
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They were trying to get the British in England to lose the stomach to fight. They thought by killing civilians the Brits would decide to pull out of NORTHERN Ireland to save the citizens in Great Britain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were trying to get the British in England to lose the stomach to fight. They thought by killing civilians the Brits would decide to pull out of NORTHERN Ireland to save the citizens in Great Britain.

Ireland is and was independent even then.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but to them it was still Ireland being occupied.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

so it was the germans
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Murricans

so it was the germans

I thought Belushi was just kidding...................................................
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Wife's grandpa was in Irish Army and was part of D-Day. A 3x POW also in the war.

Dude had zero problem telling anyone to fuck off in his thick Irish accent and had some crazy stories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neutral in name only.

DAMN, get him on Youtube, talking about importing Guiness w/ his thick brogue.  

Any war stories he wants to tell will be icing on the cake.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top