Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebody should have told her she was a stuck up ugly ass bitch.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh my God.  Some of those evil men even said such vulgar and harassing things as  "Hello", God Bless", and "Have a nice day" to that poor woman.

They should be ashamed for being so abusively polite.

View Quote

All of which translate to "Want some dick?"
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh my God.  Some of those evil men even said such vulgar and harassing things as  "Hello", God Bless", and "Have a nice day" to that poor woman.

They should be ashamed for being so abusively polite.

I was going to say, I've been told here by several men that men don't bother talking to random women unless they're looking to get laid.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I detest city people.
View Quote

Hey now....
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#6]
That guy yelling 'you think i'm ugly' reminded me of a story a girl in high school told me. Black guy kept harassing her and she wouldn't have it. Finally he shouted the same thing and slapped her. Called her a racist.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

> "10 hours of walking in NYC as a woman"

> video is 2 minutes long.

dumb bitch. Donate? what the fuck are you going to do with the money to end "street harassment?"?
View Quote

No kidding.  

Short of a mass media blitz followed by deBlasio condoning random attacks retaliations with pepper spray or stun guns.

OTOH, some of those guys (in particular the scumbag who walked along for 4-5 minutes) are really pushing it.

But it's Noo Yawk.  Scumbag central.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
what a load of bs.....and they want you to donate?????
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Half accurate.....but funny.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In my experience, it has become physical. Started with cat calls and escalated while I tried to walk away. I would have been justified in using more force.

I wish I knew more about the legal technicalities involved in dissuading a harasser from catching up with you. Probably would end up in a he said/she said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless it becomes physical, it's not illegal and there isn't much you can do about it unless it becomes repetitive and unwanted from an individual.

In my experience, it has become physical. Started with cat calls and escalated while I tried to walk away. I would have been justified in using more force.

I wish I knew more about the legal technicalities involved in dissuading a harasser from catching up with you. Probably would end up in a he said/she said.

He said: "Bitch maced me!"
She said: "Get him out of here or I'll mace him again."
Cop said:
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
"Jacky Treehorn treats objects like women, man!"
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Some people did point that out, and I agree. But saying "stay out of the ghetto" is giving lower income African American men a pass. We get the behavior we accept.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're all bums, sitting around, or shlepping along the sidewalk in wife beater shirts.  I didn't see one person with a job make a remark in that video.

"All backgrounds" my ass.  Stop walking through the ghetto.

I live in the ghetto. It's my home. It's in my goddamn country. No part of my country is off limits to me because I'm white or female. They need to knock their bullshit off, and if it gets physical they need to be dealt with in a legal manner.

It sounds like some posters want to give scum a pass because they're poor and black and put the blame on the white woman. Fuck that.

it isn't a pass, it's pointing out that a small portion of the population, specifically targeted for their behavior, and then represented as a full cross section of the population is deliberately misleading bullshit.

Some people did point that out, and I agree. But saying "stay out of the ghetto" is giving lower income African American men a pass. We get the behavior we accept.

The hierarchy of pandered-to oppressed peoples has you a good few steps below them.  Even the liberals won't care if you insist on blaming the people actually doing the harassing for the harassment.  If you want traction on this you have to blame me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Jacky Treehorn treats objects like women, man!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#14]
edited for better judgment
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Give it 20yrs 6yrs and she'll be begging for that kind of attention.

View Quote
Not even that long.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Kind of gassy at the moment.  Thanks for asking.  

And that's how you deal with that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bitchy attitude.  She should at least have acknowledged someone talking to her.  Some were creepy for sure but not responding to a "hello" makes her look like she has a stick up her ass.  I noticed she didn't walk through the better sections of New York either.  

All these comments about her being a bitch by not talking-----did y'all not get that it was specifically set up that way to prove there was no encouragement on her part?  That everything that happened was unsolicited?  It also shows how entitled many men act when you don't respond favorably to their unwanted attention.  

In her everyday behavior she may very well acknowledge the more polite ones but that wasn't the point of the video.  

At any rate, I'm sick of *causes* too.   There is a lot of behavior out there that I find offensive.  That's life.  Find a way to deal with it or ignore it but going on a save-the-world campaign isn't going to make a difference.

So...............How you doin'?

Kind of gassy at the moment.  Thanks for asking.  

And that's how you deal with that.  

Oh you don't say...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife once said

"There's nothing wrong with a man whistling at a woman and putting a little spring in her step"

Of course she's a woman and knows it

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My wife once said

"There's nothing wrong with a man whistling at a woman and putting a little spring in her step"

Of course she's a woman and knows it

View Quote

And how would you feel if a strange man followed her and asked her if she'd like to taste his cock, while grabbing himself?

I'm just saying.

compliments are nice, but it wasn't all friendly compliments that gal was getting.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#19]
If she was walking in California nobody would have said shit to her.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#20]
The same shit happens to me every single day. I'm tired of being treated like a piece of man whore meat.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The message at the end of the video mentioned a organization called "holla back" that was non profit group who's goal is to stop street harassment.

How in the blue fuck does that happen? Reallistically how does a person or organization do that?
View Quote

One solicits as much money as they can, they then pay their directors and administrators 99% of the monies collected, they use that 1% leftover to make another video, to highlight how awful men are, they then repeat as often as humanely possible.

It's a proven system of fleecing the stupid.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not even that long.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Give it 20yrs 6yrs and she'll be begging for that kind of attention.

Not even that long.  

Life's sweet revenge.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're all bums, sitting around, or shlepping along the sidewalk in wife beater shirts.  I didn't see one person with a job make a remark in that video.

"All backgrounds" my ass.  Stop walking through the ghetto.

I live in the ghetto. It's my home. It's in my goddamn country. No part of my country is off limits to me because I'm white or female. They need to knock their bullshit off, and if it gets physical they need to be dealt with in a legal manner.

It sounds like some posters want to give scum a pass because they're poor and black and put the blame on the white woman. Fuck that.

it isn't a pass, it's pointing out that a small portion of the population, specifically targeted for their behavior, and then represented as a full cross section of the population is deliberately misleading bullshit.

"Stay out of the ghetto" is good advice if you want to avoid getting carjacked/mugged etc.

Why is it any different if you want to avoid being sexually harassed or assaulted?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#24]

lol@ "let me fix you"
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#25]
She walks all weird.  Like a robot or something.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This video is not available in your country.

WTF is that shit about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a copy of a Belgium feminist film called 'Femme dans la rue'.

it showed how females could not walk in Muslim neighborhoods without being harassed.

And then instead of  advocating shooting moar people in the face it went on to coddle said Muslims and go on about how they are not in touch with their feeling etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0uQInTECI4

This video is not available in your country.

WTF is that shit about.

Copyright complications
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Virtually all the men catcalling her were black, those that weren't I would wager are Rican or Dominican (it is NYC after all)

Makes me fucking angry this bimbo thinks this is typical (white) male behavior but doesn't address the fact it is by and large a cultural problem. I was brought up to respect women, and have never cat called a woman in my life out of respect, didn't stop these bitches from labeling me a violent sexist

Fucking phonies
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#28]
So let me get this straight. The woman went out to get attention and got it. Then went on the Internet to get attention complaining about the attention...all to get attention about how utterly horrible it is to get attention.

This woman is full of crap.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#29]
This morning on my way to work, I stopped at a 7/11. I held the door for a cute girl and she didn't say anything to me nor even look at me. I felt like somehow it was related to this video...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Such bullshit. Work in a hospital. Biggest things I hear from women are:

a) that girls scrubs are so tight you can totally see she is wearing a thong.

b) OMG did you see that new doctor, his scrubs were so tight you can totally see he's got a huge/small package.

Women want the D as much as men want the P and they don't sit around talking about how good a guys personality looks. Leave that shit for people who don't know better.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Virtually all the men catcalling her were black, those that weren't I would wager are Rican or Dominican (it is NYC after all)

Makes me fucking angry this bimbo thinks this is typical (white) male behavior but doesn't address the fact it is by and large a cultural problem. I was brought up to respect women, and have never cat called a woman in my life out of respect, didn't stop these bitches from labeling me a violent sexist

Fucking phonies
View Quote

Well I'll say it doesn't speak for all black and Latin American/Hispanic men either, just the ones in the video.  These groups like to alienate large swaths by painting with a large brush.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
NY is okay to visit only.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

No.  No its not.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So let me get this straight. The woman went out to get attention and got it. Then went on the Internet to get attention complaining about the attention...all to get attention about how utterly horrible it is to get attention.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd hit it
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

b) OMG did you see that new doctor, his scrubs were so tight you can totally see he's got a huge/small package.

Women want the D as much as men want the P and they don't sit around talking about how good a guys personality looks. Leave that shit for people who don't know better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA  Also, scandalous comments made in the gossip mill at a place of employment are a whole different animal and not indicative of anything other than boredom.  
Women aren't going to talk to men the way they talk to other women.  If a woman who is not your wife is pointing out other girls' thongs and other guys' packages they're trying too hard to impress you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#36]
She ain't that good looking.  She should be happy.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Outstanding
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#38]
So after 10 hours she supposedly has 100's of instances of harassment and chooses to make a 2 minute video that contains a couple creepy guys.

Is it safe to assume she choose the best of the best for the 2 minute video?  Are the other 100+ incidents of people saying "HI"?

I wonder if the creepy guys would have gone away with a simple NO or Not interested.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#39]
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/10/woman-gets-harassed-108-times-in-one-day.html

Update: In response to criticism about the racial makeup of the catcallers in the video, Rob Bliss Creative, the marketing agency behind the clip, said:

We got a fair amount of white guys, but for whatever reason, a lot of what they said was in passing, or off camera. So their scenes were a lot shorter, but the numbers themselves are relatively even. Also, we didn't always capture the audio or video well- there's a siren that kills the scene, or someone walks in front of the camera, so we had to work with what we had. Cities are noisy, and full of people that walk in front of the camera, you know? By chance, this is how it looked and it didn't end up being the perfect representation of everything that happened, but we really did have a broad spectrum of people that said/did something.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Walked into a farm/hardware store yesterday, most women I encountered I got a slight smile, I responded with a smile and a nod.

No words exchanged, just respectful encounters; amazing the difference of being rural and living in a city.

YMMV
View Quote

My first thought as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/10/woman-gets-harassed-108-times-in-one-day.html

Update: In response to criticism about the racial makeup of the catcallers in the video, Rob Bliss Creative, the marketing agency behind the clip, said:

We got a fair amount of white guys, but for whatever reason, a lot of what they said was in passing, or off camera. So their scenes were a lot shorter, but the numbers themselves are relatively even. Also, we didn't always capture the audio or video well- there's a siren that kills the scene, or someone walks in front of the camera, so we had to work with what we had. Cities are noisy, and full of people that walk in front of the camera, you know? By chance, this is how it looked and it didn't end up being the perfect representation of everything that happened, but we really did have a broad spectrum of people that said/did something.

Riiiigggghhhhhttttt  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

she was on CNN this morning talking about how every comment made to her made her feel she was "sexually assaulted"

fucking attention whores...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Riiiigggghhhhhttttt  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiigggghhhhhttttt  

There were several comments in the video I couldn't make out at all.  Those got left in.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#44]
$0.02 time..

I think most of the interactions shown in that video were completely polite and weren't a problem at all.

The "look a thousand dollars just went by" was odd, but not a big issue.  The silently following was fucking creepy.  The pestering from the one guy asking for her number, offering his number, and then "oh, what, is it because I'm ugly" is annoying behavior.  As is telling her to smile.  I'm not sure why they're fund raising, either.

As to the "why was she walking around if she didn't want attention" even as someone who used to use public transit a lot, and still do, to an extent, you still run into some issues.  Heading home from work, with animal hair and slobber all over (I work with animals), I still had someone asking for my number the entire time I was on the bus, and follow me several blocks down the street.  THAT kind of behavior is what I consider to be a problem.  Because while the overwhelming majority of people are fine, there are the few odd ones out that are way too pushy and can't seem to take no for an answer.

Again, that being said, I don't know why they're trying to raise money.  And as far as the video raising awareness about anything, it mostly did an incredibly poor job of it.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If she was walking in California nobody would have said shit to her.
View Quote

Unless she was a Tranny.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

she was on CNN this morning talking about how every comment made to her made her feel she was "sexually assaulted"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the sort of clueless nonsense that is to be expected from people like her.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#47]
It's New York...If you can't stand it go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get the feeling the only sex she has had (by choice) is a 2 footer that has batteries in it.

Even during sex, she would bitch.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Why did she walk for 10 hours? There are cabs there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#50]
"street verbal harassment"?

bitch

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top