BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The point of a quarantine is to prevent infected others if and when she does become contagious.

I heard that another doctor lied about what he did and where he went after he was symptomatic.

You come back from that area...quarantine.  That is part of the deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This isn't a slam dunk, like it would be if she were showing symptoms or had been confirmed infected.

The point of a quarantine is to prevent infected others if and when she does become contagious.

I heard that another doctor lied about what he did and where he went after he was symptomatic.

I don't necessarily disagree -- especially since the US government apparently thinks every US serviceman who set foot in Liberia has to be quarantined, regardless of exposure -- but she does have a point that she is not dangerous until she shows symptoms.  The judge might look at that fact and refuse to forcibly quarantine her until she becomes contagious.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't necessarily disagree -- especially since the US government apparently thinks every US serviceman who set foot in Liberia has to be quarantined, regardless of exposure -- but she does have a point that she is not dangerous until she shows symptoms.  The judge might look at that fact and refuse to forcibly quarantine her until she becomes contagious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This isn't a slam dunk, like it would be if she were showing symptoms or had been confirmed infected.

And then it's too late.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You'd think as an educated person and RN she'd act a little bit more professional.  Whiny cunt.

View Quote

She's a disgusting hypocrite.  The organization she works for uses quarantines in Africa, but for some reason she is too good for that.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Supposedly it takes 21-29 days for it to manifest itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard her say she wants to get back to her family. I guess she doesn't care if she exposes them. That's love.

She passed a blood test. As well, she isn't showing any signs of having the disease.

didnt the W.H.O. come out a week or so ago and say up to 42days??

I heard it on the news once and never heard it talked about again?

the arrogant bitch needs to quarantine herself

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard her say she wants to get back to her family. I guess she doesn't care if she exposes them. That's love.

She passed a blood test. As well, she isn't showing any signs of having the disease.

This arrogant bitch needs to FOAD!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm surprised at most of the negative reactions to this. So much for 'Live free or Die' motto.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm surprised at most of the negative reactions to this. So much for 'Live free or Die' motto.
View Quote

I don't think you understand that phrase.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand the context of when it was first used. But that isn't the point.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This isn't New Hampshire.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't mean you're free to infect other people with a deadly disease.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember when the 'AIDS epidemic' was sweeping across the nation. I recall the paranoia people had; not swimming in the same pools or playing sports with them, etc.  Didn't seem much call to lock people up then.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I remember when the 'AIDS epidemic' was sweeping across the nation. I recall the paranoia people had; not swimming in the same pools or playing sports with them, etc.  Didn't seem much call to lock people up then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh FFS, it is a reasonable quarantine for a very reasonable time period in order to make reasonable precautions about a virus whose incubation period is 21 days or so.  OMG the tyranny!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oh FFS, it is a reasonable quarantine for a very reasonable time period in order to make reasonable precautions about a virus whose incubation period is 21 days or so.  OMG the tyranny!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Heavy Sarcasm)

But don't you see, that any reaction whatsoever to a disease that's got a very high kill-rate is complete paranoia and over-reaction?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy Shit a lot of you guys are wrapped too tight. Apparently it's ok to espouse 'individual rights', except of ZOMG! SHES GOING TO KILL US ALL!!! WHAT ABOUT MY PRECIOUS CROTCH FRUIT?!  LOCK HER UP!!!  Based on what I'm reading here, if some ARFcom 'staunch firearm support' member had been a victim of the Sandy Hook massacre, they'd vote to abolish the 2A. Without hesitation or graduation. But which would be understandable.

I cogitate about vigilantism, Typhoid Mary or the Japanese Internment camps, and realize times don't change much.

But I don't really care in any case.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Holy Shit a lot of you guys are wrapped too tight. Apparently it's ok to espouse 'individual rights', except of ZOMG! SHES GOING TO KILL US ALL!!! WHAT ABOUT MY PRECIOUS CROTCH FRUIT?! LOCK HER UP!!! Based on what I'm reading here, if some ARFcom 'staunch firearm support' member had been a victim of the Sandy Hook massacre, they'd vote to abolish the 2A. Without hesitation or graduation. But which would be understandable.

I cogitate about vigilantism, Typhoid Mary or the Japanese Internment camps, and realize times don't change much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh FFS, it is a reasonable quarantine for a very reasonable time period in order to make reasonable precautions about a virus whose incubation period is 21 days or so. OMG the tyranny!!

Holy Shit a lot of you guys are wrapped too tight. Apparently it's ok to espouse 'individual rights', except of ZOMG! SHES GOING TO KILL US ALL!!! WHAT ABOUT MY PRECIOUS CROTCH FRUIT?! LOCK HER UP!!! Based on what I'm reading here, if some ARFcom 'staunch firearm support' member had been a victim of the Sandy Hook massacre, they'd vote to abolish the 2A. Without hesitation or graduation. But which would be understandable.

You do realize that quarantine laws do exist and have existed for many years don't you?  I have a relative that remembers her family being quarantined for a short period when she was a little girl.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You do realize that quarantine laws do exist and have existed for many years don't you?  I have a relative that remembers her family being quarantined for a short period when she was a little girl.
View Quote

Sure. If found to justifiable by a judge or magistrate or other legal due process. I haven't followed this story too closely but what I gather is she was being held against her will, by non-enforcement people. But there is too much 'round 'em up and put 'em on the trucks' types for me. However, it is curious, and fun, to see otherwise 'stalwart freedom supporters' flip at the first sign of (remote) trouble. Or is it some sort of tribalism? Seems she needs to be labeled as a Democrat or Liberal first to justify.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

A big part of 'living free' is respecting the right of others to do the same.  Which this woman clearly isn't doing since she's forcing everyone else to accommodate her (unreasonable) desires.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

She's a disgusting hypocrite.  The organization she works for uses quarantines in Africa, but for some reason she is too good for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'd think as an educated person and RN she'd act a little bit more professional.  Whiny cunt.

She has tested negative for the virus, twice.  If the results were positive, that would be one thing, but they weren't, so...  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

She has tested negative for the virus, twice. If the results were positive, that would be one thing, but they weren't, so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd think as an educated person and RN she'd act a little bit more professional. Whiny cunt.

She's a disgusting hypocrite. The organization she works for uses quarantines in Africa, but for some reason she is too good for that.

She has tested negative for the virus, twice. If the results were positive, that would be one thing, but they weren't, so...

1)How many times did Dr Ebola test negative before he tested positive after riding around the subway with symptoms?

2)The "Experts" don't have a full understanding about how this spreads. Months ago they were telling us you have to be in direct contact with an infectious person, i.e. touch them without protective gear, now the CDC is sending out memos about being able to get it by getting sneezed on.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

You cant walk into the middle of a city street and start doing mag dumps in the air just because of the 2nd Amendment

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

1)How many times did Dr Ebola test negative before he tested positive after riding around the subway with symptoms?

2)The "Experts" don't have a full understanding about how this spreads. Months ago they were telling us you have to be in direct contact with an infectious person, i.e. touch them without protective gear, now the CDC is sending out memos about being able to get it by getting sneezed on.

View Quote
Yup....you dont need a genius level IQ to see the need for quarantining someone who may possibly have a virus that is as deadly and mysterious as this strain of ebola .

Stupid twat needs a few bean-bag rounds to her gut the next time she decides to get some fresh air .

And by the looks of the location of her house , and the fact that rifle season opens tomorrow , she'd better confine herself before some yocal up there takes her out with his grampy's old ought-six  

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bomb is just a pile of chemicals until it's initiated. Perfectly safe!

Let's gamble the odds with one of the most vicious diseases known to man. It'll be fun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's not the public persona she's holding herself out to be. The all giving angel of mercy victim of heartless pale male oppression. She's all about fruit cake appearances instead of anything of meaningful substance. Feminist theory advocate. She's a control freak. I bet she's an incredible pain in the ass to work with .

Just watch when this all plays out.

Sandra Fluke ver. 2.0
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#24]
The Government is basing the quarantine decision on the concern for the safety of the public. If FUBO and the DOJ say that the arguement is invalid then the SafeAct should be found similarly invalid as it is completely based upon the governments perceived need to ensure public safety at all costs, including the Constitution.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No she won't. That's the problem, there is no penalty for showing up and recklessly spreading a disease like this one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
if she ends up spreading Ebola   she will see a jail cell

No she won't. That's the problem, there is no penalty for showing up and recklessly spreading a disease like this one.

have you ever heard of typhoid mary?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Provided she survives it herself.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Like reasonable gun control?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The quarantine is not "draconian," it is a reasonable measure to protect Americans

Like reasonable gun control?

More like reasonable voter ID.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Three weeks in quarantine should be required for all workers that have contacted ebloa victims.

Zero fucks given for her special snowflake status

Eight miles riding a bicycle? Someone should explain to Ebola Kaci that as a ilberal Democrat, she should certainly understand that the needs of the many always come at the cost of the individual. Oh, sorry it's inconvenient, but get your ass back in that tent so we can be sure that everyone else gets to fucking live.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This isn't AIDS, this is Ebola, which the CDC has now admitted can survive on a doorknob or table or any other surface for over an hour after being sneezed or coughed on.

The whole point of a quarantine is that she doesn't wake up one morning and go inadvertently sneezing or coughing on people in the grocery isle.

As far as the gun analogy goes, it's fucking bullshit. If a gun wanted to go off by itself without any human intervention then by all means, quarantine or ban the thing.

If I owned a gun or potentially carried a virus that I had absolutely no control over then I would be more than happy to quarantine or give it up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So how do we keep the public safe and maintain our freedoms?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This place kills me sometimes.

When it comes to every issue, the government is NEVER to be trusted to ensure individual rights are protected.  They will use any crisis to erode our freedoms.

But, now...the government is magically able to suspend rights, quarantine individuals, and make a mockery of our Constitution, because Ebola, bro.

For fuck sake.

”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.”
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This place kills me sometimes.

When it comes to every issue, the government is NEVER to be trusted to ensure individual rights are protected.  They will use any crisis to erode our freedoms.

But, now...the government is magically able to suspend rights, quarantine individuals, and make a mockery of our Constitution, because Ebola, bro.

For fuck sake.

Catch phrases are nice for a perfect world.

Ok my question and it may have already been answered.
If ebola has a 21 day incubation period she could test negative for the first 16 days but on day 17 she could start showing symptoms and test positive. Is that correct?
Read above that the CDC said the virus could live outside the body on a door handle for an hour. So back to the 21 day thing. If she some how sneezed and on a door handle on day 10 but was testing negative and no symptoms. Would the virus still be in the droplets she sneezed and able to be transferred to someone else?

Just trying to get a better understanding of all this.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Called it.  The Judge rejected a real quarantine for those very reasons:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/31/maine-judge-orders-ebola-nurse-to-stay-away-from-public-gatherings-maintain-3/?intcmp=latestnews

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
She has tested negative for the virus, twice.  If the results were positive, that would be one thing, but they weren't, so...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and I understand that means she's not contagious at this point.  She might start having viremia in the future, however.

What galls me is the fact that in Africa she has doubtless helped quarantine others on the possibility they might be contagious, but when her own country wants to apply the same standard to her suddenly it's a gross violations of human rights.

If quarantines work for poor Africans, then they work for rich Americans, too.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Then the arguments for the SafeAct are specious
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You forgot to add in slavery, racism, raping women, child abuse and kicking puppies.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone have a source for comments from her neighbors.  I wonder how many are going to go on walks with her while being 5-6 feet away.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i thought the whole point behind the 21 day quarantine is that you can still test negative for UP TO 21 DAYS. ?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Axl Rose Verified account ?@axlrose

Happy Halloween! Anyone going as Kaci Hickox? Or dat just a Maine thang?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'd hate to see anyone become stricken with ebola, but in this gal's case, I'd make an exception.

View Quote

This.  She is a selfish self centered individual with absolutely no respect for fellow human beings or her obligation as a health worker.  At this point she is a pariah, her career and future life is ruined.  Who the fuck would hire that nut and expect her to follow rules and behave in an ethical manner.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Called it.  The Judge rejected a real quarantine for those very reasons:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/31/maine-judge-orders-ebola-nurse-to-stay-away-from-public-gatherings-maintain-3/?intcmp=latestnews

Part of the problem is that she has not done the things she said she would do in order to gain her release from NJ.  She told Maine and NJ officials that she would go home and self quarantine.  Then she decided to take a side trip to Freeport for a day (LL Bean or some other shopping places there for all we know) without telling them.  Then she decides she doesn't need to actually quarantine herself unless she becomes sick.  At what exact point does one become infectious?  Do we really know?...and does she pay close enough attention to notice that precise moment or is she too bussy trying to make a statement to notice that exact point?  By that time she could have infected people since she seems to think it's OK to just mingle with everyone and act as though she never went to Africa and never treated ebola patients.  She's just an attention whore.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yes, and I understand that means she's not contagious at this point.  She might start having viremia in the future, however.

View Quote

My understanding is the Ebola is HIGHLY infectious and perhaps as few as one virus is all it takes to become infected.

I'm not sure a negative test result means there are none in the blood. And with Ebola, it only takes one.

I don't believe we have solid science on this.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
At what exact point does one become infectious?  Do we really know?..
View Quote

I don't think we do:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1681277_Ebola_and_science.html

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Holy Shit a lot of you guys are wrapped too tight. Apparently it's ok to espouse 'individual rights', except of ZOMG! SHES GOING TO KILL US ALL!!! WHAT ABOUT MY PRECIOUS CROTCH FRUIT?!  LOCK HER UP!!!  Based on what I'm reading here, if some ARFcom 'staunch firearm support' member had been a victim of the Sandy Hook massacre, they'd vote to abolish the 2A. Without hesitation or graduation. But which would be understandable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I am just tired of special snowflakes and the people who defend them...especially under the false guise of freedom and liberty.  What an absurd dichotomy.  I guess some animals really are more equal than others, especially when their own actions brought about the situation.  She should have enough respect for her fellow man to self quarantine anyway thus avoiding the need for such measures. It is people like this who ruin it for everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Three weeks in quarantine should be required for all workers that have contacted ebloa victims.
View Quote

Even Dr Craig Spencer self quarantined at home (and at the bowling alley, and at The Meatball Shop, and on 3 of the city's most heavily traveled subway lines) when he returned home! If it's good enough for a Dr - it should be good enough for a nurse, dammit!

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:03:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No, I am just tired of special snowflakes and the people who defend them...especially under the false guise of freedom and liberty.  What an absurd dichotomy.  I guess some animals really are more equal than others, especially when their own actions brought about the situation.  She should have enough respect for her fellow man to self quarantine anyway thus avoiding the need for such measures. It is people like this who ruin it for everyone else.
View Quote

No. It's that exactly. Or is it just fun to pretend we have 'freedom'?  That blue quote is pretty ironic, though.  Interesting to see beneath the superficial belief and what lies under.

I agree she could have handled it more appropriately, but she chose not to. In a way, she isn't "ruining it for everyone else", people that refuse to support her decision are.

SHE'S A WITCH!!! BURN HER!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:49:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This.  She is a selfish self centered individual with absolutely no respect for fellow human beings or her obligation as a health worker.  At this point she is a pariah, her career and future life is ruined.  Who the fuck would hire that nut and expect her to follow rules and behave in an ethical manner.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd hate to see anyone become stricken with ebola, but in this gal's case, I'd make an exception.

Totally agree!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:23:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it now time to talk about reasonable gun control?
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:48:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Now I see how the Nazis seized power. Thank you Arfcom for keeping us all "safe"
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#49]
She lives in Maine how much damage can she do?  Moose need  to know this
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Three people died because she was an asymptomatic carrier of typhoid and worked closely in food preparations.  Not the same conditions or time period.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top