User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to save but I am going for this

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Upper-Receiv-p/bcm-urg-mid-16lw-bfh-ddlii-12.htm

I may get the standard but may pick one up here.
View Quote

That ain't even a rifle. It's an accessory for your lower. You're failing hard son.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Also your lightweight barrel gunna get raped by  the rail
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've posted photos before and it's a tiny studio apartment. I am just wanting to build a recce or a DMR. She has been on me awhile so I don't know really. I feel pathetic asking other gun owners what to do even
View Quote

Why are you on arfcom IF she's been on you awhile ? I'd be thankful if i could last AWHILE.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I don't have to ask my wife permission to build or buy things.
View Quote
I'm the same with my gf actually she tells me to spend money on my hobbies whether it's guns or snowmobiling. But then again she's 40 and I'm 27

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
In for the Wife pics
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How big is this rifle?
View Quote

That's what I'm wondering.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I just do it.  She can know about it when she happens to see it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't Singer make Garands? Just tell her you bought a Singer, problem solved!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm the same with my gf actually she tells me to spend money on my hobbies whether it's guns or snowmobiling. But then again she's 40 and I'm 27  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's some nice work son
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Many Harley's  have been rebuilt in living rooms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Offer her a worse alternative.  Tell her you will start rebuilding a motorcycle in the apartment instead.

Many Harley's  have been rebuilt in living rooms.

2 H-D's and a 48 Indian. Best part was the spouse making sure we had room for the bike in pcs before tear down started.  
Read these "ISSUE" post like what every 2-3 hours, another thread starts up.. What is the problem some of you have dealing with your spouse? She have a magical strap on makes your eyes water, forgetting who has the real penis?

Another reply nailed it. Save money buy house. Or save money and move out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Man, I'd be thankful that my wife knew how to sew.

View Quote

No . You wouldn't
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!!^
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Seriously?

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#15]
thats what i was worried about which is why I am looking at an 18 inch barrel set up. lower i am buying here locally but just want an upper for now. christmas and holiday time money rolling around. her present is a small CD in a 6 month window and mine she isnt even mentioning.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:06:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Make her watch the news for a few hours.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife just walked in and I told her "I am gonna build another AR."  She replied "Okay, why are you telling me?"

At first I was like .

I then I realized she probably doesn't tell me when she buys sewing stuff.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Step #1 Go to her trophy case and get your balls back.
Step#2  Build the damn rifle.
Step#3  Invite her to the range to go shooting.

If you have to ask your wife's permission then a dinky apartment isn't the problem.
If she has sewing as a hobby, you should be allowed to have a hobby and put your chump change into a slush fund to pay for it.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Make her watch the news for a few hours.
View Quote

This alone is what is kind of making me build this to my specs and what i want asap.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
thats what i was worried about which is why I am looking at an 18 inch barrel set up. lower i am buying here locally but just want an upper for now. christmas and holiday time money rolling around. her present is a small CD in a 6 month window and mine she isnt even mentioning.
View Quote

Your gun budget should equal her sowing budget. Buy her 10 cobra buckles and tell her she can spend her profits on sewing stuff.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

how do you convince your wife to let you build a rifle when she says we have no room but the tiny apartment is filled with all her sewing stuff and there is room if we make it
View Quote
Okay - not to be mean Bravo, but you guys who have to 'convince your wife' to blah blah blah crack me up ... and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Since you have to convince her:

1) - Talk to your wife ~ tell her you'd like to build a rifle etc etc - you guys can make the room.

If she says "No" ...

1) Tell her, "You're making room in the sewing room - she can either help you - or not - the choice is hers.

You're welcome

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Your gun budget should equal her sowing budget. Buy her 10 cobra buckles and tell her she can spend her profits on sewing stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She has enough talent honestly to work for a gear company, she works like a machine, gets things done right and on time. She makes boots for justin boot company and that whatever line is here in carthage.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The next best thing would be a sugar momma who would pay for it!

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

how do you convince your wife to let you build a rifle when she says we have no room but the tiny apartment is filled with all her sewing stuff and there is room if we make it
View Quote
you build the rifle. thats what i did.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Why do you live in a small apartment and not something bigger? Does she have issues with a financial situation but doesn't want to curb her own spending?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why do you live in a small apartment and not something bigger? Does she have issues with a financial situation but doesn't want to curb her own spending?
View Quote

She was in school, I moved down here when we got engaged. A lot of it was job but a lot of it was spending and job fiascos. We're sitting stable now and if this budget plan continues for awhile, we will be out of here in about 3 months or so.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as you're in an apartment, should you be buying another rifle instead of saving for a down payment on a house with room for more rifles?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#30]
If space is tight build a SBR.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#31]
The apartment's size isn't your problem.  

Why do you have to ask/convince her?  Is your wallet double knotted into her apron strings?

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:30:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't understand what space has to do with it? You can build a rifle in an hour at your kitchen table, and store it in a closet someplace. Is she actually trying to say "We can't afford it?"
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Save yourself now and eject her as it will be for the best in the long run or simply
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#34]
My ex-wife, bless her heart, got the whole manly hobby thing
She was supportive of my hobby even when I put gun parts in the dishwasher to remove the cosmoline.
She was OK with a bunch of old greasy milsurps lying around in the garage in various stages of cosmoline removal.
I built a few AR's one piece at a time out of my slush fund.  Sometimes she'd pitch in and help.  

The point here is that married guys like and need their manly pursuits.
Hopefully the OP does the right thing and build the damn gun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:39:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Man, I'd be thankful that my wife knew how to sew.

View Quote

Copy that
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:11:57 AM EDT
[#36]
If it's money you've earned and saved for, just go buy what you want.  Not too sure what the problem would be there.

I assembled my first AR lower about 3 months ago on my glass top coffee table. Wife took an Ambien so she didn't hear shit. Baby however....
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Why do you have to convince your wife?  Take your balls back and build the damn rifle.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:19:19 AM EDT
[#38]
get a sling with the AR kit, and wear the fucker until she authorizes a place to set it down
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#39]
ITT, I quote Jay-Z, "Ninety-nine problems, but a bitch ain't one."

Fuck OP, just start building the damn rifle.  I mean, if your money situation is tight and you're struggling to meet your bills, the little lady is correct and do as she says.  However, if you have money you can spend on your hobbies, yourself or whatever you want, then build yourself the damn rifle.  How hard is that?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:28:35 AM EDT
[#40]
rules   .  pics not loading
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:43:41 AM EDT
[#41]

No room? Frick, just C-Clamp a 4" vise to one of her sewing stands, torque your barrel nut and castle nut, who needs more room, right?

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:51:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Pics aren't loading?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:54:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Um you grow a pair and build your rifle while she makes you a sammich!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:30:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I've posted photos before and it's a tiny studio apartment. I am just wanting to build a recce or a DMR. She has been on me awhile so I don't know really. I feel pathetic asking other gun owners what to do even
View Quote

Do you have other guns?  Like a lot?  Or a bunch of other things for some other hobby? If so, she might have a point.  It's a small shared space and this rifle might be the proverbial straw.

OTOH, if the space is dominated by her stuff, go get your balls back and build your buy/build your rifle.  

If you let her run your life, you will be miserable and she will eventually leave you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:36:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Just buy one and hide it in your vagina, she'll never find it in there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:44:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Did she sew the bag herself?

You know, the one she keeps your balls in.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
you build it anyway. youre welcome.
View Quote

But while you are at it, build two or three.  She's going to be mad either way so you might as well get as much mileage as possible from it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:56:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL at having to convince your wife to let you build a rifle. My wife has no idea how many rifles I have built or bought. Hell idk maybe say pretty please with sugar on top?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:58:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Did she sew the bag herself?
You know, the one she keeps your balls in.

View Quote

Ouch. We were all thinking it you just posted it
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:01:07 AM EDT
[#50]
lol.

you don't "convince" her of anything. you tell her. if she has a problem it, well, onto the next.

i have news for you buddy. thanks to modern feminism, your wife does what she wants, when she wants. why don't you do the same?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top