Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 6:39:47 PM EDT
Just finished seeing it, thought is was an excellent movie.

The part that got to me the most was the photos at the ending credits...  RIP Hero's
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I liked it, but I wish they didn't embellish the ending. No need for it. Hollywood can't leave anything alone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I liked it, but I wish they didn't embellish the ending. No need for it. Hollywood can't leave anything alone.
View Quote

Falling, more falling, falling some more, and falling again. Oh yah, and being shot while falling.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Many mistakes made in Bravo Two Zero seemed to have plagued operation red wings
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I think we need more lone survivor threads that just deal with the last scene.

We don't have enough.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
So exactly what parts of that movie are based on what really happened?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
The Blu Ray's extra features are worth a watch.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So exactly what parts of that movie are based on what really happened?
View Quote

Comparing book to movie:
He was treated by the village and they swore to protect him (fuck if I remember the name Pashtun~~~~ something).  They moved him out of the village for a short while and they hid his weapons so he would not be seen as a sniper.  One of village elders walked all the way to the base and let them know where he was, there was no final battle scene.  Someone somewhere has argued the authenticity of the numbers the team faced but that is outside of both realms.

My personal opinion the movie should have ended with him talking with the families as discussed in the beginning of the book.  That would hammer home the cost of what they did.  Hell it could be non scripted actual interviews of the real families and not a single person would leave the theaters without crying.  The book and the movie being what they were, people tend to forget real men died bravely next to their brothers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Many mistakes made in Bravo Two Zero seemed to have plagued operation red wings
View Quote
Operation Red Wings was the SEAL community's ego that got people killed.  They shouldve never been on that mountain in the first place.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top