Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/25/2014 3:35:26 PM EDT
Just started watching the original and the kooky hitchhiker just cut the guy in the wheelchair.

It reminded me of a story my dad told me about driving his old Ford up to AK on the ALCAN highway in the 70's

He had a nickel plated model 29 he kept under his seat for 2 legged predators.

Saw a guy walking the highway hitchhiking and picked him up.

They drove for miles and miles, dad said he started to get a funny feeling and when they got to the place my dad had offered to take him the guy pulled out a knife and informed my father that he would be driving him halfway across Canada (those details are fuzzy, he just wasn't getting out and he demanded a ride to some specific location in bumfuck nowhere.)

Dad said he got the guy distracted by asking him questions about his trip etc. When the guy glanced out the window dad grabbed his model 29 pointed it at the guys chest and stopped the truck. Made the guy de-ass the seat, had him strip, took his clothes and his backpack and threw it over the edge of the highway into the woods. He then drove off and left him there on the side of the road with nothing but his underwear

Dad always told me not to pick up hitchikers.

Made sense to me..

Anyone got any crazy/weird hitchhiker stories?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching it now.... sally looking good in those white pants and purple top!

Ummm oh yea..... Fuck hitchhikers.

And your daddy was a smart man.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Should have smoked him
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
No ride if  I don't know you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Well to keep this thread alive.

Sally:(Marilyn Burns)

#thosenips

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#5]
No to rides and no to money.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No to rides and no to money.
View Quote

...yes to (female) ass.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#7]
So we are all in agreement that Sally gets a ride yes?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh hell yes..... No questions asked.

And good bye Kurt!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Marilyn Burns (Sally) died in August.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Gas, grass, or ass. No one rides for free.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only if she is hot and my wife is not in truck....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]

'Ole leather face is fucking 'em up!

Franklin is annoying as fuck.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
One of my friends picked up a hitchhiker back in high school.  The hitchhiker proceeded to rob him at knifepoint.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

'Ole leather face is fucking 'em up!

Franklin is annoying as fuck.
View Quote

Franklin just got butchered.

Run Sally!!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One of my friends picked up a hitchhiker back in high school.  The hitchhiker proceeded to rob him at knifepoint.  
View Quote

Maybe it was my dads hitchhikers nephew...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuckers just caught Sally!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a dvd of the old version but can't even suffer through the new version.
Damn strange movie.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Damn strange movie.
View Quote

1974 version is best version.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn strange movie.

Yup

2003 remake with Jessica Biel is next!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yup

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn strange movie.

Yup

MARATHON!!! lol
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Funny thing.
One Hallowen night about a dozen years ago some woman I was seeing at that time watched this very movie and the part that sent her up the wall was when the hitch hiker they picked up cut the palm of his hand in front of the others.
I have to admit that scene was pretty rough.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd boot his ass to the curb
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Gunny is so fucking creepy in the 2003 remake.

Just squeezed the dead girls titties....

Does anyone have an actual hitchhiker story or has this turned into a TCM thread?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I never pick them up.

I don't want to get in a gunfight in the front of my truck.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#26]
In the early 90s, me and 2 buddies were going to Surfside beach and there was a mid to late 20s female hitchhiker on the way.  We picked her up and she just wanted a ride to her dad's.  She was in the back and she never out and out said she'd fuck us but it was implied.  She was cute but we were fairly young and none of us had to balls to do anything, so we dropped her off.

True story.  

I wouldn't pick up a hitchhiker today for any reason.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#27]
If they say they like Head-Cheese, I kick them to the curb.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I pick up hikers all the time...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Hear some great stories, bizzare stories, and plenty of off the wall stories.  Helps pass the time on a long road trip.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Early 70's, i was hitchhiking with a friend to my parent's house about 50 miles from where I was going to school at the time. We got picked up by a couple of guys and they told us they were going right trough the town were the folks lived. Nothing odd about this other than then both having chambray shirts on with numbers om the back. Viet Nam was going on, lots of protesting, no big deal. We're riding along laughing, talking, listening to the radio, generally having a good time.

News report comes on the radio about a couple of escaped convicts and where they might be headed. That was when I noticed Missouri Dept of Correction on their shirts. I suddenly remembered a girl in the next town that I really, really wanted to see. My buddy wasn't too keen on the idea but they let us out about a mile outside the city limits of the town and continued on their way. My buddy was furious with me. I explained to him what I thought was going on and he was telling me what a paranoid dumb ass I was.

We reverse directions and get picked up by a truck driver. Get back home and we're sitting around talking with the other guys in the house we lived in. They too are calling me a dumb ass, delusional paranoid, etc. TV is on and the news comes on and they are the two guys we'd been in the car with.

Last time I ever hitchhiked or picked up a hitchhiker.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea it's all fun and games until they ask you if they can play this CD for you....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Ask me anything about living in the house, I guess.

My best friend would stop for hitchers sometimes. He would tell them before they got in that he would have a pistol on his lap pointed in their direction. Some declined, some got in. He never had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#33]
The key to picking up hitchhikers is in that first moment they size you up you have to convince them that you are crazier than they are. They'll spend the ride scared shitless, but they'll leave in peace.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Does anyone have an actual hitchhiker story or has this turned into a TCM thread?
View Quote

I picked up a hairy Greek looking guy on a rural highway at about sundown. He was wearing expensive hiking attire and he told me that he went to far and wanted a sag wagon the rest of the way home. I said Get in here we gotta go, the cops are only seconds behind! He jumped in and I tore down the road taking the turns as fast as I could. He made it about seven miles before telling me his stop was right here. He jumped out before the car came to a stop.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#35]
If you can't afford to keep a vehicle running - or buy a bus ticket - then I don't want you sitting on my rich Corinthian leather seats.

(Those things are bitch to clean!)
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll give them a ride if we're out in BFE and it's a long way to the next town.  But they ride in the bed of the truck.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yea it's all fun and games until they ask you if they can play this CD for you....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/074/221/Rape_cd.jpg?1318992465
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/074/221/Rape_cd.jpg?1318992465

Being close to the mtns, spotting hiker trash needing a ride is pretty easy, the gear gives it away...and providing trail magic always come back to you in kind..but the world being what it is..I keep a G23 handy just in case.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#38]
No, but my grandfather once picked one up. Had a box in the back seat. Guy asked what was in the box. Grandfather said a rattle snake. The guy laughed at what he thought was a joke.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#39]
There's no way I'm picking up a hitch hiker... especially some creepy inbred looking fucker like that dude in tcm... In fact, if I saw that fucker on the highway in the middle of nowhere,  I'd speed the fuck up... and I'm always armed...
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#40]
I picked up a couple of skiers this last winter. They were skiing in the snow and came out about 5 miles below the ski resort. Oops. They were walking in downhill ski boots up the road. Gave them a ride to the parking lot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Only did it twice. Both in August years ago. The first was a pair hippie want to be teens trying to get to a college town down south. The guy was sitting under the trees with their bags playing a flute while the girl was standing on the side of the interstate baking. I made him ride in the bed. Little prick.

The second was a roofer out in the sticks. He had his tool belt and a brand new infant car seat. He was limping pretty bad. Turns out they canceled a job about ten miles away due to the heat. His car would not start, no cell coverage, and a new pair of hiking boots. Dude had huge blisters on the soles of his feet. We stopped and got him a twelve pack and sack of burgers before taking him home.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#42]
I have done some hitchhiking and picked up hitchhikers up here. I have met some interesting folks.

The fastest I have been picked up is when I was carrying my skis. I made it to the highway(a short walk) and looked at a guy going slow in traffic. He seemed to know what I was up to and pulled right over. It turns out we were going to the same place.

I usually carry a pistol and even had my shotgun rolled up in a tarp on one trip.

I was picked up by a guy that was convinced that we could harvest lightning using ginormous(spell check doesn't underline this word. . .) capacitors wired all to a grounding rod.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In the early 90s, me and 2 buddies were going to Surfside beach and there was a mid to late 20s female hitchhiker on the way.  We picked her up and she just wanted a ride to her dad's.  She was in the back and she never out and out said she'd fuck us but it was implied.  She was cute but we were fairly young and none of us had to balls to do anything, so we dropped her off.

True story.  

I wouldn't pick up a hitchhiker today for any reason.
View Quote

Thats a story I can get behind.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Fuck hitchhikers.

View Quote

That's my dream.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I picked up a hairy Greek looking guy on a rural highway at about sundown. He was wearing expensive hiking attire and he told me that he went to far and wanted a sag wagon the rest of the way home. I said Get in here we gotta go, the cops are only seconds behind! He jumped in and I tore down the road taking the turns as fast as I could. He made it about seven miles before telling me his stop was right here. He jumped out before the car came to a stop.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol nice one!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Lot of folks full of fear......
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:01:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have done some hitchhiking and picked up hitchhikers up here. I have met some interesting folks.

The fastest I have been picked up is when I was carrying my skis. I made it to the highway(a short walk) and looked at a guy going slow in traffic. He seemed to know what I was up to and pulled right over. It turns out we were going to the same place.

I usually carry a pistol and even had my shotgun rolled up in a tarp on one trip.

I was picked up by a guy that was convinced that we could harvest lightning using ginormous(spell check doesn't underline this word. . .) capacitors wired all to a grounding rod.
View Quote

The crazy ones are always going to, coming from, or in AK lol.

Dad's trip was when he first moved up there to weld on the pipeline.

A couple of these stories I could see.

Picking up the skiers in their ski boots and taking them up the hill etc.

Late night middle of nowhere inbred hick looking people are going to be walking...
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I got a truck stuck on the proving ground in the desert outside Yuma and got left walking by an older couple in a dune buggy.

I was only a few miles out of town but that kinda pissed me off lol.

Followed some tracks up a hill and they ended on the other side.... Turned around and sunk to the axles in sand....

A nice Mexican fellow that spoke no english picked me up in an old lifted ford and through sign language I managed to get him to tow me out.

That was an interesting Xmas eve.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:23:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Depends on who's hitchhiking.  Although, I typically have a pistol on the seat under my left leg, just in case.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#50]
I've hitchhiked all over the country, Canada, and Alaska.
Pick up hitchhikers? Nope.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top