Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not sure what your point is.

People made the assertion "Group X would never ever ever do Y!"
I pointed out that, on one of the only occasions I know of where Group X was called on to do Y, they did it without a second thought.

I'm not positing scenarios, I'm not citing anything as an example. Merely pointing out that, so far as I am aware, there has never been a problem getting cops to go door to door confiscating firearms in the US. They're batting a thousand, so to speak. History is what it is, so argue and disclaim all you want but it doesn't change the facts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean the same place thats mayor got on the radio station and was calling for help to the radio host, the same place that told people to go to a stadium and forgot about them for a few days and on and on.  No weapons should have been confiscated, but to cite Katrina as an example is pretty much citing an example of what not to do on so many levels.  

I pointed out that, on one of the only occasions I know of where Group X was called on to do Y, they did it without a second thought.

I'm not positing scenarios, I'm not citing anything as an example. Merely pointing out that, so far as I am aware, there has never been a problem getting cops to go door to door confiscating firearms in the US. They're batting a thousand, so to speak. History is what it is, so argue and disclaim all you want but it doesn't change the facts.

Where have any modern examples of door to door searches and confiscations taken place outside of Katrina?  Did they sweep the whole city?  The police superintendent made an illegal decision.  Here's what came about because of theat:    "Louisiana legislator Steve Scalise introduced Louisiana House Bill 760, which would prohibit confiscation of firearms in a state of emergency, unless the seizure is pursuant to the investigation of a crime, or if the seizure is necessary to prevent immediate harm to the officer or another individual. On June 8, 2006, HB 760 was signed into law.[89] 21 other states joined Louisiana in enacting similar laws. A federal law prohibiting seizure of lawfully held firearms during an emergency, the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, passed in the House with a vote of 322 to 99, and in the Senate by 84-16. The bill was signed into law by President Bush on October 9, 2006.[90]" (source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina#Confiscation_of_civilian_firearms)

My opinion and belief is no firearms should be confiscated or seized with the exception of those taken as evidence of a crime.  

I also realize that door to door gun searches and confiscation is a folly, a ruse and fools errand.  You cannot confiscate every firearm in any city, county or state with out everyone agreeing to turn them in.  It's that simple there is no amount of man power available that allow for a systematic and complete search of every public place, private space and all land in whatever area you decided to make gun free by confiscation.   And since you will not get those firearms from those who do not want to surrender them, all you are doing is making criminals out of those who fail to comply and run the real risk of sparking multiple armed confrontations over what is an unconstitutional and impossible goal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Trolling by site staff? Sure looks like it.
View Quote

Best type of trolling is staffer trolling.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Where have any modern examples of door to door searches and confiscations taken place outside of Katrina?  Did they sweep the whole city?  The police superintendent made an illegal decision.  Here's what came about because of theat:    "Louisiana legislator Steve Scalise introduced Louisiana House Bill 760, which would prohibit confiscation of firearms in a state of emergency, unless the seizure is pursuant to the investigation of a crime, or if the seizure is necessary to prevent immediate harm to the officer or another individual. On June 8, 2006, HB 760 was signed into law.[89] 21 other states joined Louisiana in enacting similar laws. A federal law prohibiting seizure of lawfully held firearms during an emergency, the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, passed in the House with a vote of 322 to 99, and in the Senate by 84-16. The bill was signed into law by President Bush on October 9, 2006.[90]" (source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina#Confiscation_of_civilian_firearms)

My opinion and belief is no firearms should be confiscated or seized with the exception of those taken as evidence of a crime.  

I also realize that door to door gun searches and confiscation is a folly, a ruse and fools errand.  You cannot confiscate every firearm in any city, county or state with out everyone agreeing to turn them in.  It's that simple there is no amount of man power available that allow for a systematic and complete search of every public place, private space and all land in whatever area you decided to make gun free by confiscation.   And since you will not get those firearms from those who do not want to surrender them, all you are doing is making criminals out of those who fail to comply and run the real risk of sparking multiple armed confrontations over what is an unconstitutional and impossible goal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean the same place thats mayor got on the radio station and was calling for help to the radio host, the same place that told people to go to a stadium and forgot about them for a few days and on and on.  No weapons should have been confiscated, but to cite Katrina as an example is pretty much citing an example of what not to do on so many levels.  

Only other example I know of would be CA after their DOJ changed their mind on whether or not some gun or other was legal. Damned if I can remember the details on that one though, it was years ago.

I'm not saying door to door confiscation on a large scale is practical, or that it will happen. You're rebutting arguments I am not making.

I was merely pointing out that the contention that cops would never go door to door to confiscate guns was not born out by the actual record of what actually happens when actual cops are actually called on to do so.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't care if it is a "good read".  I'm not gonna say it...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only other example I know of would be CA after their DOJ changed their mind on whether or not some gun or other was legal. Damned if I can remember the details on that one though, it was years ago.

I'm not saying door to door confiscation on a large scale is practical, or that it will happen. You're rebutting arguments I am not making.

I was merely pointing out that the contention that cops would never go door to door to confiscate guns was not born out by the actual record of what actually happens when actual cops are actually called on to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I worry about small scale more than large scale.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the superintendent ordered was without any legal authority, without a warrant, and unconstitutional.  That's pretty good grounds as a cop to say nope, not doing it.  Let them fire me for refusing, that will also force them to justify in writing how I failed to uphold my obligation to perform my legal duties.  Why the various cops and national guardsmen did it is beyond me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What the superintendent ordered was without any legal authority, without a warrant, and unconstitutional.  That's pretty good grounds as a cop to say nope, not doing it.  Let them fire me for refusing, that will also force them to justify in writing how I failed to uphold my obligation to perform my legal duties.  Why the various cops and national guardsmen did it is beyond me.
View Quote

You keep bringing the "it wasn't legal!" thing up like it bolsters your argument. It really doesn't.

Cops are just normal people. And most normal people, when put into stressful situations, just follow their orders. Humans are amazing rationalization machines, and there's always a reason. I think a lot of folks would be surprised how many people would do Clearly Wrong Things if pressed to do so.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You keep bringing the "it wasn't legal!" thing up like it bolsters your argument. It really doesn't.

Cops are just normal people. And most normal people, when put into stressful situations, just follow their orders. Humans are amazing rationalization machines, and there's always a reason. I think a lot of folks would be surprised how many people would do Clearly Wrong Things if pressed to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

*cough* Stanford Prison Experiment *cough*

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The irony is so rich.

I wonder if you will even get the one that is past the obvious one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP drives an IROC.

That should tell us all we need to know about his troll thread.

TRG

The irony is so rich.

I wonder if you will even get the one that is past the obvious one.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Based on the number of blank stares I see drivers with on the road in my 1hr+ commute. I don't know that I would say its all old people and old women.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is nothing compared to all the videos on youtube that show random people driving into convenience stores, gas stations, and other stuff.

Aren't the overwhelming majority of those by 120 year old women or drunks?  Not really putting that officer into good company.  

Maybe he was just to busy typing on the computer and missed the building jumping out in front of him.  

Based on the number of blank stares I see drivers with on the road in my 1hr+ commute. I don't know that I would say its all old people and old women.

I've worked two  "drive into a building" fatalties.  One a Chinese restaurant where an Expedition took out the  cashier inside.   Both were 30 YO white males that fell asleep.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Balko is a slobbering idiot.  You actually gave that goober money?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

speaking of..how is yours working? didn't you have a problem with it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP drives an IROC.

TRG

Transmission mount (something to do with controlling torque) broke, again.  Not too bad to get it fixed.  Rear suspension bushing all gone, not too pricey either.

Radiator was leaking (this is the second one in 4 years).

Little stuff, but, nothing major.

It tends to be about a grand a year in maintenance, but, fun to drive every day and still cheaper than a car payment.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Plus it makes your mullet look amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP drives an IROC.

TRG

Transmission mount (something to do with controlling torque) broke, again.  Not too bad to get it fixed.  Rear suspension bushing all gone, not too pricey either.

It tends to be about a grand a year in maintenance, but, fun to drive every day and still cheaper than a car payment.

TRG

No, my ass-less chaps make my mullet look amazing.

The IROC makes my gold chains look sexy.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

TRG
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Well by that mentality so will the military because some of them participated in it as well during Katrina.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You seem a little tense.  Check Paul Howes article on his thoughts concerning LEO's and Mil enforcing any type of long term scenerio hat you describe.

I'm not describing any scenario, merely responding to the oft quoted assertion that the majority of cops would never go door to door by pointing out that, when they were actually tasked to do so, they did.

That being said, I don't think we'll ever see a nation wide occurrence of that. But it is a bit silly to keep vociferously insisting that it's absurd to think cops would do it, when history shows that they will.

Well by that mentality so will the military because some of them participated in it as well during Katrina.
Well from what I remember it was Members of the National Guard & out of State Cops that did most of it..........

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I just want what the cops get. I want my rights back
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
The Power of the People in Charge & those below them just following orders..... I can understand the CHP Officers more than the Members of the Oklahoma National Guard.....

Then You have the Propaganda Machine of the Government.... When it gets done, the people that don't turn in their Guns will be the 2nd coming of Al Qaeda or ISIS........

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Most cops pay for their own gear.

Also, see my point in red.

Obviously there couldn't be anything wrong with society, it's gotta be the police. Here we are, yet again, not taking personal responsibility. It's someone else's fault!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When he can learn the difference between Calvary and Cavalry his writing might have some merit.  

When I was a kid cops walked around in pressed uniforms with shiny badges and belts (to include MPs).  They passed out baseball cards and knew the people they worked for.  Now they drive around in 5.11's with sewn on badges and have no idea who they work for.  I wonder how come kids respected them when I was young and the kids today don't.  Must be a coincidence.  Because parents are shit, and raise little fucktrophys to be douchebags.

Can you read?  If so, then click the red letters in the opening post on page 1.

Interestingly, there are two things about duty uniforms that you ignore:
1) street gear now is tougher and longer-lasting. That means it doesn't have to be replaced as often as the polyester knit stuff.

2) street gear is CHEAPER than that fancy polyester stuff.

These two reasons means a saving of tax dollars. A LOT of tax dollars. Same goes for the "web" type duty gear... cheaper up front, and longer-lasting.

As to the whole "respect" thing, society as a whole now demonizes and rejects anything and anyone that restricts an individual's personal wants and desires. Rule of law is now simply becoming a joke, a novel concept not suited to our new corporate society.

Obviously there couldn't be anything wrong with society, it's gotta be the police. Here we are, yet again, not taking personal responsibility. It's someone else's fault!

...........It's always the cops fault
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What makes your chest hair look sexy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

TRG

What makes your chest hair look sexy?
Duh........

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.breachbangclear.com/why-i-hate-cops/

An excellent read.
I will warn the anti-cop members here..keep your posts with in the CoC or you will be shown the door.
Argue the merits of this article all you want. Attack cops (including our LEO members here) because they are cops and you will be gone from the site.

What an incendiary post from Staff.
ie,  " everyone important here is in the enforcer class. Don't complain aboutyour god cops".

Well,  no respect for you, Mr. "Cop haters , Gtfo

Cops are respectable peace officers until they start violating rights, regardless of officer safety.
then, they're pos.

You seem ... familiar.

Another one...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just want what the cops get.
View Quote

Back problems?  High blood pressure? Urinary retention?  
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Some of y'alls cycles have synchronized like motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Every time officers fuck up bad around here, they get thrown under the bus, post haste.

One guy is in jail, and the other was prosecuted, IIRC. (of the two fuckups at my dept)

You guys keep harping about unions. The majority of cops aren't unionized.

number wise I bet-er or maybe I'll go with "I suspect"-most cops have union representation. Sure a lot of cops here chime in that they aren't union, but the police on here, or at least the guys who post in GD a lot, are mostly Southern and mostly not working in a big city. Meanwhile there are libtard cities like Boston, NY and Chicago who have armies of union cops.  
  Most of the southern LEOs aren't pulling down a huge paycheck either.  I have a friend who is now a Lt. with the sheriff's department in a fairly large county.  After 25 years in he's making around $110kish.  We don't have rank n file officers making a lot of money.  A lot of the young guys have to take second jobs to support themselves and their families.  I don't mean to be insulting to LEOs here, but to be honest if you see a neighborhood with a patrol car parked in the driveway (as in the officer lives there), it's probably a fairly economically modest neighborhood, condo, or apartment complex.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know for me personally, the problem is that these "few bad apples" rarely if ever receive any type of punishment for their crimes. Too often a cop who commits one or more felonies will at worst get fired, and then a year after the headlines move on his union appeal will come through and he's back out on the street with full back pay.

I see it happen both ways. Good cops get fucked because the public is irked about some shit.

Every time officers fuck up bad around here, they get thrown under the bus, post haste.

One guy is in jail, and the other was prosecuted, IIRC. (of the two fuckups at my dept)

number wise I bet-er or maybe I'll go with "I suspect"-most cops have union representation. Sure a lot of cops here chime in that they aren't union, but the police on here, or at least the guys who post in GD a lot, are mostly Southern and mostly not working in a big city. Meanwhile there are libtard cities like Boston, NY and Chicago who have armies of union cops.  
  Most of the southern LEOs aren't pulling down a huge paycheck either.  I have a friend who is now a Lt. with the sheriff's department in a fairly large county.  After 25 years in he's making around $110kish.  We don't have rank n file officers making a lot of money.  A lot of the young guys have to take second jobs to support themselves and their families.  I don't mean to be insulting to LEOs here, but to be honest if you see a neighborhood with a patrol car parked in the driveway (as in the officer lives there), it's probably a fairly economically modest neighborhood, condo, or apartment complex.

As a Lt. with over 19 years of service I wish I made $110kish........my salary is $80,000.................Our Chief doesn't even make that........
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this case, I think it does bolster the argument somewhat.  It goes addressing legal duties and the performance of legal process.  When you are dealing with door to door confiscation, that is a action way beyond the norm and should trigger the question by anyone involved where is this order coming from and what legal authority or precedent gives us such authority?  I have enforced emergency laws or orders under similar circumstances (a direct hit by a hurricane).  The example I will use is the establishment of a dusk to dawn curfew.  That only came about after a state of emergency was declared and the local government voted to place the curfew into effect.  That did restrict people's freedom of movement.  But, the local conditions were such that there were unsafe streets (debris, some streets damaged or impassible, no street lighting, no functional traffic control, traffic signals, dead power lines and
cable /phone lines hanging in the road way), no power and no open businesses.  Add to that limited cases of property theft from damaged homes and businesses.  So while the restriction on travel was put in place, the argument could be made that liberties were restricted.  On the other hand what was the effect in light of the conditions and actual dangers present.  And again this was based on a decision made by elected representatives of the citizens under emergency conditions which was lifted within a week of the initial order.  I am in no way implying that a similar scenario should be used to execute gun confiscation, my point is every officer (and a few days later guardsman) knew what they were enforcing, had a copy of the curfew and knew where it came from.  The public were being advised of the same thing on radios and television.  

I agree "cops are just normal people"  and the statements that followed that sentence.  But, trying to rationalize something that you are about to do is often a sign that you are pushing the envelope in regards to what you are doing or are about to do.   It sucks, but as a cop you have to know what you are justified in doing.  For a cop, you would be expected, even when pressed, to act in a manner that is justified.  Sometimes that decision will have to be made immediately or in a few seconds.  Should a cop, or anyone else for that matter, be judged on the action they took in light of how much time they had to observe/detect what was going on and what was their action or re-action given that time frame?  Absolutely.  But in the Katrina gun confiscation incident, I cannot understand where the senior command staff/front line supervisors and the military chain of command were at between when this came down and was actually executed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When he can learn the difference between Calvary and Cavalry his writing might have some merit.  

When I was a kid cops walked around in pressed uniforms with shiny badges and belts (to include MPs).  They passed out baseball cards and knew the people they worked for.  Now they drive around in 5.11's with sewn on badges and have no idea who they work for.  I wonder how come kids respected them when I was young and the kids today don't.  Must be a coincidence.  Because parents are shit, and raise little fucktrophys to be douchebags.

Can you read?  If so, then click the red letters in the opening post on page 1.

Interestingly, there are two things about duty uniforms that you ignore:
1) street gear now is tougher and longer-lasting. That means it doesn't have to be replaced as often as the polyester knit stuff.

2) street gear is CHEAPER than that fancy polyester stuff.

These two reasons means a saving of tax dollars. A LOT of tax dollars. Same goes for the "web" type duty gear... cheaper up front, and longer-lasting.

As to the whole "respect" thing, society as a whole now demonizes and rejects anything and anyone that restricts an individual's personal wants and desires. Rule of law is now simply becoming a joke, a novel concept not suited to our new corporate society.

or, it's never the cops fault...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I cant seem to find that information in your links.
the other story in your link shows a malicious, intentional act that one could reasonably believe would (and did) result in death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really, it shows one state in 1 year had 173 felony violations and 2935 misdemeanor charges against mechanics/ shop owners versus  less then 900 total civil violations..doesnt sound to me like criminal charges never happen unless someone purposely cuts a brake line...whatever, there was a reason the dealer put us thru the training they did, yet somehow you never see us towing some ideology that every mechanic is above the line, that until you stand up and grab the wrench you have no right to judge , or any of that other horeshit spewed.. And you won't see us defending shit mechanics..I can't stand them and will do every thing in my power to get them out of the shops I work in.....I love and respect good cops, have known many personally including my brother who made a career of it. can't stand the ones who think they are above the law.. leave the honest joe taxpayer alone, and go spend your time nailing the bangers/rapiest/murderers/ robbers and society will love you even more..

the other story in your link shows a malicious, intentional act that one could reasonably believe would (and did) result in death.

It's there, I copied part of it above....you just wish to ignore it..which is fine..but that is the difference between leo and other professions..we can and have been held both criminally and civilly  accountable for our actions..Every vehicle I touch  is done with an eye toward legal exposure for a reason, and I am sure many others here do the same in their field as well......
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As a Lt. with over 19 years of service I wish I made $110kish........my salary is $80,000.................Our Chief doesn't even make that........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know for me personally, the problem is that these "few bad apples" rarely if ever receive any type of punishment for their crimes. Too often a cop who commits one or more felonies will at worst get fired, and then a year after the headlines move on his union appeal will come through and he's back out on the street with full back pay.

I see it happen both ways. Good cops get fucked because the public is irked about some shit.

Lt here with over 19 years and I make under 50k.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude. Time for a career change.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
not really considering the currency exchange rate and our funny accent!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Site staff throws out a troll thread and the threatens people. Pft.

It's a great way to cull out the impulsive idiots who can't stick to the rules....

But the OP is from Canada so does any of this mean anything?
not really considering the currency exchange rate and our funny accent!

You have a funny accent. never heard aboot that.

Eh?

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP drives an IROC.

TRG
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Because, RADLEY BALKO.

LULZ
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

When he drives it he keeps yelling "sorry" down the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP drives an IROC.

TRG

When he drives it he keeps yelling "sorry" down the road.

"Soory"
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

We don't have rights, we have powers, which you granted us. You, the citizen, have rights.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Some of y'alls cycles have synchronized like motherfuckers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We don't have rights, we have powers, which you granted us. You, the citizen, have rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which the politicians are taking away, right by right. We try to vote them out, but they give free stuff to jackasses
that don't care about anything except their free meal ticket. So they get re-elected.

Rather depressing, really.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet we are repeatedly told we are overpaid
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Which the politicians are taking away, right by right. We try to vote them out, but they give free stuff to jackasses
that don't care about anything except their free meal ticket. So they get re-elected.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aye.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's there, I copied part of it above....you just wish to ignore it..which is fine..but that is the difference between leo and other professions..we can and have been held both criminally and civilly  accountable for our actions..Every vehicle I touch  is done with an eye toward legal exposure for a reason, and I am sure many others here do the same in their field as well......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really, it shows one state in 1 year had 173 felony violations and 2935 misdemeanor charges against mechanics/ shop owners versus  less then 900 total civil violations..doesnt sound to me like criminal charges never happen unless someone purposely cuts a brake line...whatever, there was a reason the dealer put us thru the training they did, yet somehow you never see us towing some ideology that every mechanic is above the line, that until you stand up and grab the wrench you have no right to judge , or any of that other horeshit spewed.. And you won't see us defending shit mechanics..I can't stand them and will do every thing in my power to get them out of the shops I work in.....I love and respect good cops, have known many personally including my brother who made a career of it. can't stand the ones who think they are above the law.. leave the honest joe taxpayer alone, and go spend your time nailing the bangers/rapiest/murderers/ robbers and society will love you even more..

sure thing. whatever you say
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is LEOSA HR218 Nationwide CCW a Right or a Power?   Looks like a Right to Me......

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Aye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aye.

You guys, the LEOs on this site do give me hope, however.

Well, except for maybe one in DC and one in Austin.
Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top