[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

Who whines like Internet cops? Jesus Christ, there are threads here constantly bitching about lawyers, union carpenters, auto mechanics, car salesmen. But you know who -sniffle-sniffle- whines and leaves the Internet like a 13 year old who got cut from the junior high cheer team? You know who.

So let me know the first time a cop calls the local TV station and says "Look, I've done this for fifteen years, and really wanted to keep helping my community, but since the passage of the SAFE Act it is clear that I will be required to violate people's constitutional rights so I'm done, and I call on my fellow officers to do what's right. Sure I'm losing free dental and there are not a lot of other jobs for me to go into, but I'm not going to rationalize doing the wrong thing by saying it's okay because the legislature passed this law and I'm just following orders. I'm looking for work, please call if you have any openings."

View Quote

BOOM
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

...are you sure you want cops being the judges of what is Constitutional and what is not?

View Quote

They already do it.

Badly.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BOOM
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy troll thread Batman

Who whines like Internet cops? Jesus Christ, there are threads here constantly bitching about lawyers, union carpenters, auto mechanics, car salesmen. But you know who -sniffle-sniffle- whines and leaves the Internet like a 13 year old who got cut from the junior high cheer team? You know who.

So let me know the first time a cop calls the local TV station and says "Look, I've done this for fifteen years, and really wanted to keep helping my community, but since the passage of the SAFE Act it is clear that I will be required to violate people's constitutional rights so I'm done, and I call on my fellow officers to do what's right. Sure I'm losing free dental and there are not a lot of other jobs for me to go into, but I'm not going to rationalize doing the wrong thing by saying it's okay because the legislature passed this law and I'm just following orders. I'm looking for work, please call if you have any openings."

BOOM
I want to see the discussion going on in site staff forum right now.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

I just spit up my soda...On my work computer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
He's addressing the stupidest complaint about cops:  equipment.  I don't really care what they use equipment wise.  

What makes me nervous is the possibility of being in a situation where a cop has to choose between enforcing an unconstitutional bullshit law and arresting a stranger (me)....or sacrificing his pension and future to shield the individual citizenry from the absurd unconstitutional whims of the mob.  

I don't hate cops, and I certainly don't wish them ill.  But I have no illusions about whose interests they will protect first if it comes to enforcing restrictive gun laws.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
fuck the war on drugs and dump the laws associated/resulting from it

and half of the un-COTUS shit would cease.

I didn't say legalize it.

Just add the appropriate amount of extra punishment for crimes
committed while under the influence.

BUTT!!! just because I'm driving with $11K in my truck from Georgia to any other State
doesn't mean Proper Coppers have the right to take it because it's probably drug money.

BUTT!!! just because two fucks decide to do a huge drug deal on my private beach front property
doesn't give the County Mounties the right to also seize my property.

BUTT!!!

Did I mention "Fuck the War on Drugs"?

For those that don't take Patrick Henry's view on such shenanigans...  you are not my countrymen.  You're the King's men.
View Quote

I agree like, 90%. The other 10% is where I find fault. I think that law abiding, tax paying citizens have a right to live safely, comfortably and without exposure to shitbag drug users. So what should police do when they find the junkies shooting up at your kids playground? Smoking meth in the hallway of grandma's apartment building? Smoking weed in the park next to the church youth group picnic?

Kind of a catch 22, on one hand I think the "war on drugs" is overzealous and trumped up quite a bit. On the other hand, if any of the above examples called the police and reported the crime, I would HOPE that a cop would come and arrest said druggie. At what point does deterring/fighting drug use to better quality of life for the community become a "war on drugs"???

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hold on I will get you your hurt feelings report for you to fill out and give to staff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Site staff throws out a troll thread and the threatens people. Pft.  

Precisely.  

Hold on I will get you your hurt feelings report for you to fill out and give to staff.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#19]

I personally don't tell people what they need or don't need, or how to do a job I’ve never personally done. It's striking how many people lack the same reservation.
View Quote

And by that logic, anyone who has never been President has no right to criticize the job the President is doing. So we should all just shut the hell up and accept whatever Obama says is best for us.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Holy troll thread Batman

View Quote

Deserves starting a slow clap.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Staff a fishin'

Just kidding..

No. Seriously, get in the tub
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So explain why the citizens of DC still can't get a CCL for a handgun as of today?

If the system works for everyone, why is it still an issue?

Are Washington DC's police still enforcing the clearly unconstitutional laws that their politicians continue to pass?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent article.  Didn't see anything wrong with it at all.

So explain why the citizens of DC still can't get a CCL for a handgun as of today?

Are Washington DC's police still enforcing the clearly unconstitutional laws that their politicians continue to pass?

Weren't those people in the local DC gov't elected by the populace of DC to pass just such laws? They want what they've got by a wide margin, you'll have to explain how this is Law Enforcements problem.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

Subscribed.
From the article,
WE are responsible for both the good and the bad, WE are responsible for the sensible laws and the oppressive. WE have the power to change it, should we choose to do so.

Striker, You are personally responsible for all the crap gun laws in Canada. You should hold your head low in shame.

What a stupid article.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

View Quote

nice.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He's addressing the stupidest complaint about cops:  equipment.  I don't really care what they use equipment wise.  

What makes me nervous is the possibility of being in a situation where a cop has to choose between enforcing an unconstitutional bullshit law and arresting a stranger (me)....or sacrificing his pension and future to shield the individual citizenry from the absurd unconstitutional whims of the mob.  

I don't hate cops, and I certainly don't wish them ill.  But I have no illusions about whose interests they will protect first if it comes to enforcing restrictive gun laws.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fortunately in most places gun laws are not mandatory arrest laws. Cops can and do let people go for violations up to and including felonies every day. In my state the mandatory arrest laws are pretty much limited to domestic violence, Violation of court orders, child abuse, and elder abuse. The cop doesnt have to chose between enforcing a gun law and his pension. The law allows him to look the other way on violations of such laws.

4.  The rule of the common law, that penal statutes are to be
strictly construed, has no application to this Code. All its
provisions are to be construed according to the fair import of their
terms, with a view to effect its objects and to promote justice

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/sWiS2.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

http://i.imgur.com/sWiS2.gif

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"If you say cops shouldn’t have access to “military” style equipment, then you might as well just say “lets cancel the Second Amendment.” "

OK, then when the 2nd doesn't apply to citizens, is it also fair to apply those same standards to police?  Bullet buttons and 7 rounds mags for LE in those respective states, also.
View Quote

i think cops should only have military equipment where a citizen can have it. if a cop in california has ar15 than joe citizen should. if joe citizen cant have an ar15 with a 30 round mag than no one including police and politicians body guards should have one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Spot on.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Same here in Cali.  Why is a blued revolver safe for joe citizen, but the nickel version is only safe for LEO's?   Or why they get a special exemption for standard cap mags?

I'll tell you why - because the Unions, Sheriff's and Chief's have fought to have it that way and the rank and file officers (for the most part) don't stand up and say that's wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here in Cali.  Why is a blued revolver safe for joe citizen, but the nickel version is only safe for LEO's?   Or why they get a special exemption for standard cap mags?

I'll tell you why - because the Unions, Sheriff's and Chief's have fought to have it that way and the rank and file officers (for the most part) don't stand up and say that's wrong.

Good Grief. How, exactly, did the Sheriffs get put into that position? Try connecting the fact that people vote for certain things/ideas and move past the "cops wont fight it" herp derp. Wanna blame someone for a shit political situation? Look at your neighbors.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No one I can assure you.

I also can assure you that the vast majority of ARFCOMMERS are honest law abiding citizens who pay their bills, have families and love America. Most are model citizens.

We are a proLEO website and every ruling and official action in regards to LEOs is made with that position as the guiding mindset.

The saddest thing is that for the vast majority of the aforementioned ARFCOMMERs that are honest and law-abiding good decent citizens are WAY more likely to have a negative interaction with a cop here on ARF than in real life and the site continues to support that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy troll thread Batman

No one I can assure you.

I also can assure you that the vast majority of ARFCOMMERS are honest law abiding citizens who pay their bills, have families and love America. Most are model citizens.

We are a proLEO website and every ruling and official action in regards to LEOs is made with that position as the guiding mindset.

The saddest thing is that for the vast majority of the aforementioned ARFCOMMERs that are honest and law-abiding good decent citizens are WAY more likely to have a negative interaction with a cop here on ARF than in real life and the site continues to support that.

Yep. When I tried to make that point in the past it seemed like it fell on deaf ears. /shrug
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The police are the rubber that meets the road when it comes to enforcing tyrannical edicts.  They enforce it without question.  Men who would blindly enforce atrocities such as New York State's SAFE act have absolutely ZERO business being in any position of authority.

If you enforce the encroachment of our civil liberties, there really isn't much to figure out about why people are going to hate you.
View Quote

very well said.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And by that logic, anyone who has never been President has no right to criticize the job the President is doing. So we should all just shut the hell up and accept whatever Obama says is best for us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I personally don't tell people what they need or don't need, or how to do a job I’ve never personally done. It's striking how many people lack the same reservation.

Policy and procedure are not the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Is SYSTEM going to lock for trolling thread or the inevitable cop bashing? Staff vs Staff....which side does SYSTEM take?!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Eh, nothin' but respect for them from me.  I couldn't do their job.  Every traffic stop would be

a felony stop if I was in their shoes...."Step out of the car grandma and if you make any quick moves I'll kill

you!"

Seriously, I couldn't do that every day.  Stay safe folks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I gave up after the author tried to cite the 2nd Amendment as to justification for LEOs having military equipment. The Bill of Rights isn't about what the government can have.
View Quote

BUTT!!! Most of GD thinks the first ten (10) Bill of Rights pertains to them in any State... and the half-assed educated bring up
the Incorporation Doctrine like the sophomoric Progressive agreeing pukes that they are.

Well, if you like the idea that the ID says what the Progressives say it does, and more than 87% of ARFCOMS GD does...

then just suck it up when any God da-da-damn Federal Judge knocks down a State's Constitutional Amendment that was voted on by that State's citizens
and passed into Law by that State's representative government.

Why does each State have a Constitution if a Fed Judge can negate any fucking State's law at will?
Well, that is what you are agreeing to if you think the BoR is for the citizens of each state with the ID backing it up.

The BoR is a Restriction of the Federal Government's actions to the peoples of each State.  It is not the stated right of each
individual in every da-da-damn State.  If any one of the States wanted to ban firearms from its citizens then that State has the right to do it.
The 2nd Amend. says that the Fed.gov is not allowed to do it... not Georgia, Massoftwoshits, Commiefornia...

And each State was thought of a a sovereign State.  Kinda like England, France, Germany under the EU type of agreement with many obvious exceptions.

Fuck it.  ARFCOM's GD put the GD in da-da-damn it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Precisely.  

http://wwwwwwwww.at/trolls/i/src/13276396029.gif

Trolls will troll
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I really hope you get a timeout for spamming this.

The first time it was funny.  Multiple times it's just disruptive.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is SYSTEM going to lock for trolling thread or the inevitable cop bashing? Staff vs Staff....which side does SYSTEM take?!
View Quote

SYSTEM will IMPLODE. Guess I won't need a life membership
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Good Grief. How, exactly, did the Sheriffs get put into that position? Try connecting the fact that people vote for certain things/ideas and move past the "cops wont fight it" herp derp. Wanna blame someone for a shit political situation? Look at your neighbors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neighbor's that are influenced by political adds and candidates that are supported by the State Sheriff's organization and LEO Union talking heads?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Precisely.  

It's easy to make statements like you are when nobody can say anything insulting back to you without fear of getting banned.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

No they don't, and you know it.

The Court system decides what is Constitutional or not, and finally the Supreme Court.  Cops cannot do that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...are you sure you want cops being the judges of what is Constitutional and what is not?

They already do it.

Badly.

No they don't, and you know it.

The Court system decides what is Constitutional or not, and finally the Supreme Court.  Cops cannot do that.

Every no refusal checkpoint, every road side asset forfeiture, every no knock raid for anything other than the preservation of life is every cop involved in it saying fuck the Constitution.

You can hide behind your legal rationalizations all you want, because that's all they are.

Enforcing the law is, in fact and action, interpretation of the Constitution.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I had surgery a Thursaday and I'm full of painkillers today, so 'm out. I can't gather my thoughts quite the way I would like and probably wouldn't have even posted, but maybe in a week or two I will type what I have been feeling about this subject...or maybe I won't. either way. I'm out of this thread right now.
View Quote

One mod down. This thread already has a body count.
Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top